Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Question about Kohls credit card in store payment.

Anyone know if you can make payment on kohls credit card with another credit card? I opened a charge card there today because I needed some digital frames and they are on sale today and I saved 50.00 for opening up a kohls credit card.I know you can pay your credit card bill at the register and I was wondering if I can just pay the balance off using my visa debit card next time I'm in purchasing.TIA
POOHDRMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM   #2
BethR
On Thread Killer Patrol
Too much fun on the DIS today
Do we get FOOD on this thread?

I don't think that you can. I believe that all payments must be by cash, check, or electronic transfer from a bank account.

Sorry.
BethR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
Colinsmom
DIS Veteran

I think that you can use Kohls gift cards to pay your bill (confirm please before trying this). So, use your Visa card to buy some Kohls gift cards, then use the gift cards to pay your Kohls credit card bill. I know that you can NOT use Kohls store credits to pay your Kohls card bill, tried that last year and it didn't work, but I believe that gift cards can be used.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
Arky
Mouseketeer

I have no idea about paying with another cc, but you can pay off your Kohl's cc bill with Kohl's gift cards.

I buy Kohl's GC through my niece's school scrips program and then use them to pay off my bill.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:13 PM   #5
njcarita
BL II - Red Team
If a cow laughed, would milk come out her nose?
the name DANNY TERRIO pooped into my head
I swear I am full of useless information...

It may be only certain kohls gift cards--
I was tild at the register yesterday when I was paying my kohls charge that they had to be the kohls gift cards that said " Kids Care"-- I get them thru my scrips program too

before 1988 didn't keep track- must have been over 20 times to disney- went every year with family

Here we go again!!!!
starting weight
Jan 1 2013 194.8lbs Height 5'9" BMI 28.8

Jan 1 2014 187.4 BMI 27.7Goal 150[/COLOR][/FONT]
njcarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Illuminations_Rocks
The tan towels from HSN are also like crack

My Kohl's cashier, when I got my credit card, let me know that I could always (as she always does) purchase the gift card right after I purchase my items with my card, and pay off the balance that way. She basically just did all of the work for me; I just had to have two transactions. Anyway, I ok'd getting the card, and she told me that she'd ring up a giftcard for my balance and I could pay that with my regular card, just after I bought my items, so that I'd not have any balance but would still get the additional savings with the Kohl's card. It was very simple.

I wouldn't recommend doing it all at once if it's a very busy day, though. They might frown upon the time required to do this when there's a huge line.

Just ask the cashier if you can buy a giftcard with your credit card in the amount of your Kohl's charge to pay it off. I don't forsee a problem.
Oct 1991 offsite Easter 1999 ASMu Aug 2006 POFQ Jan 2007 OKW Sept 2008 BC Disneymoon! Aug 2009 BWV Jan 2011 OKW Nov 2011 SSR/OKW Dec 2012 BCV April 2013 offsite Sept 2013 BWV for our 5 year anniversary!
DLR - several day trips in 2007, overnights Aug 23-25 '07 at DLH (got engaged!), Nov 15-17 '07 at HoJo's ... BLT owners!
Illuminations_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #7
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

You should be able to use it as a debit card to pay your bill. I use my visa check card to pay my Sam's and Target bills. As long as you aren't using it as "credit" it should be fine.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #8
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Another Kohls charge situation...

Does Kohls accept debit cards? I know a lot of retailers lately can only run debit through as credit, not truly as debit. Here's another Kohls charge snafu - I bought a few things online & I wanted to return 2 things. I went into the store the next day after they were delivered & I wasn't able to return them - she said they hadn't even been processed on my card yet, so it was showing as if I never bought them, even though I had the receipt. What a pain! So wait a few days before driving all the way to the store for a return!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #9
Shayday05
Earning My Ears

I am a supervisor at Kohls. To answer a few questions: Yes, Kohls accepts debit cards. No, you cannot use your debit to pay your charge card off. The system at Kohls reads credit and debit as the same so you cannot use anything that is swipeable. For those that are saying you can use a giftcard, be careful. Ask the cashier if you can use it to pay off your charge before you actually buy it. Giftcards are not supposed to be accepted for payment on your charge. It says that on that back of the giftcards. I know that some cashiers will take them but don't get mad at a cashier that says no. Just remember, they are only doing their job the right way.
Shayday05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 AM   #10
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

A different thought - online banking.

Instead of paying on your Kohl's credit card at Kohl's after your purchase you could just get online at home and pay your bill at Kohl's website. I don't know how fast a purchase takes to post to the credit account so it might be a couple days but it's really easy. Or if your bank has free online bill pay you could go through their site and zap a payment over to Kohl's.

I use our bank's online bill pay for most of our bills now - saves a stamp and a check.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
summerrluvv
Work Hard. Have Fun.
Haven't candled my ears in a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayday05 View Post
I am a supervisor at Kohls. To answer a few questions: Yes, Kohls accepts debit cards. No, you cannot use your debit to pay your charge card off. The system at Kohls reads credit and debit as the same so you cannot use anything that is swipeable. For those that are saying you can use a giftcard, be careful. Ask the cashier if you can use it to pay off your charge before you actually buy it. Giftcards are not supposed to be accepted for payment on your charge. It says that on that back of the giftcards. I know that some cashiers will take them but don't get mad at a cashier that says no. Just remember, they are only doing their job the right way.
I enter my pin at Kohls when I use my check card, so apparently they don't process credit and debit the same at all stores.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
LadyyRedd
Someone stole my toothpaste/Chapstick routine!
I'm in the "whatever's clean" crowd too!
I'm sort of the pancake anti-thesis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayday05 View Post
I was going to give the same advice, as I worked at Kohl's for 5 years as a supervisor. The gift cards do specifically say that they can NOT be used as payment on a Kohl's charge account. If someone does it for you, you lucked out. My store always trained the cashiers to not accept them as payment on an account.

Kimya

LadyyRedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #13
BethR
On Thread Killer Patrol
Too much fun on the DIS today
Do we get FOOD on this thread?

Thanks for your input Shayday05 (and to posting on the DIS!!!) and Kimya!
I was thinking that if I could pay my bill with Kohl's gift cards that I would use my Kohl's credit card to get the special savings, and then pay it off with the gift cards that I purchased with my Visa Rewards card.
Glad to know that I probably shouldn't try.
BethR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:45 PM   #14
CajunDixie
"Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero."
Just don't touch my hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrluvv View Post
You should be able to use it as a debit card to pay your bill. I use my visa check card to pay my Sam's and Target bills. As long as you aren't using it as "credit" it should be fine.

Just be sure your bank/credit union doesn't charge "foreign ATM" fees for using your card as a debit card. Our credit union encourages us to use our cards as "credit" and slaps us with a fee for using it as a debit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: