Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 02:32 PM   #1
princessSadiesMom
Earning My Ears

Pre-trip report with a Drama Queen Toddler!

I just joined so, of course, this is my first time doing this. I am so glad there are others that love to plan thier Disney trips like me! I would love some input from others with toddlers.

Cast: Me, and DH (in our early thirties)
DD2, Sadie, a MAJOR drama queen who is going to have a rude awakening when she finds out that other children like Cinderella too! She insists that no one else can like Cindy! She rarely naps, so no nap breaks needed. We tried them last time and it was more trouble than it was worth!
Mother and Father In-law, MIL is in horrible health and smokes. FIL is in great shape and loves roller coasters.

This is our second trip with DD (first in May 07). My in-laws heard about how much fun we had and agreed to fund a trip if they came along. Who can argue with that! DD loved the characters and most of the rides. We wnet to MK, AK, and Epcot.

Dates: Friday October 19 - Wednesday October 24.

We are staying at WL again. DD loves that we can take the boat and the monorail (from CR).

Here are the plans:

I am thinking early dinners, Since DD rarely naps and will probably not make it past 8 or 9 most nights.

Oct 19: Arrive about 3, check in. ADR 6:25 at Akershus for Princess Storybook dinner.
Oct 20: MK early. ADR at LTT for 5:40, probably leave after that.
Oct21: AK with 12:00 ADR for Rainforest Cafe. Hopefully get back to WL for some swimming and quick dinner.
Oct 22: MGM with 5:30 ADR at Mama Melroses
Oct 23: MK in the AM. return to favorites. Return to WL for a rest and 5:40 ADR at Artist Point. MNSSHP
Oct 24: 8am ADR Whispering Canyon and leave.

Here are my issues:

*DH NEEDS to eat at Artist Point (I do not care to). They do not open until 5:30. Will that be enough time to get to MNSSHP on time? If DD takes a nap or rests that afternoon, we can stay up late. If no nap, I have no idea! I would like to do a trail or two, some rides, and maybe a parade.
I could move AP to the day we go to AK but then that leaves us with no table service on the 23rd.

*This is our first time to MGM with DD2. She is afraid of fireworks and loud noises. I will not bring her to Sounds Dangerous. What about the stunt show and Indiana? I was thinking ok if we sit in the back? I also don't know about the tour, with the fire and all.

Let me have it...What do you think.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
torpedoseal
Earning My Ears

Don't forget to rent or bring a stroller, little legsget tired fast!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

Are you sure you could change your ADR's to AK day? You might be stuck w/ what you have at this point. If you can, I would. If you were to get into Artist Point right at 5:30, which isn't neccessarily going to happen, you'd be there til AT LEAST 7:00. Then, assuming your dressing DD up, you have to get dressed then get over to the party. It could be 7:30/8 by the time you got there, possibly missing the 1st parade which you HAVE to see because it is very cool! They start letting people into the party around 5 or so. I feel like you're missing out on time at MK. Just my opinion. You could call to see what else they have for ADR's that day. Does Rainforest take the dining plan? I didn't think they did.

I don't remember Indiana show much, but I'm sure there are explosions, and I haven't seen the stunt show. Just sit by an exit.

Have a wonderful time!
Old 10-13-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
disneyfanforlife
Mouseketeer

i love it so far.

89-1st Trip, 90-2nd Trip, 94-3rd Trip, 97-4th Trip, 99-5th Trip, 01-6th Trip, 03-7th Trip, 06-8th Trip, 07-20?? Planing my next trip. 07-12-Planing the wedding and Disneymoon at Walt Disney World
my honeymoon pre-tripping
Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
princessSadiesMom
Earning My Ears

No, Rainforest Cafe doesn't take the dinning plan but Artist Point is 2 credits. We were just going to pay for it. I think I will try to get ADR's for the day we go to AK for Artist Point. I think you are right and it may be too late now.

If we do get to change the ADR's then that leaves us with no where to eat on our last full day, probably at MK. I am not really impressed with other places to eat at MK. Been to Crystal Palace already and we are going to LTT.

How about trying Downtown Disney and catching lunch there. DO they have any places that are good that accept the dinning plan? Then we can take a break at WL and then head to MK for MNSSHP.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

I don't know if there is a list on here, but allearsnet.com has one. Planet Hollywood is at DTD and takes it. I'd try there. We love Crystal Palace and eat there every time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: