Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #16
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Paying if Forward for Wish Trip Kids

I have found another great thread for y'all. It is for folks who want to team up to send cards from WDW to kids planning on visiting WDW, from that child's favorite character. This is a great idea. The plan is for you to let someone know your dates so they can send cards to your kids. Then, when you are there, for you to do the same for another person's kids.

Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/newreply.ph...e=1&p=25539512

Check out the update on post #23 below.

Bill

Last edited by Bill_Lin; 06-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Google Earth 3D WDW - Post your screenshots!

Here I am again. I found something else that is really cool. Check out this page of screenshots from the Google Earth 3-D Computer Generated Virtual Tour of WDW. You will be amazed. I had to read the entire thread. I hope they come up with this for Disneyland as well.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1846764

Bill
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #18
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Give Kids the World Village

Here is a link to Lin's article on GKTW, Henri Landwirth, a typical day at the village and the villas.
http://***************************/art...age= 2&cat=48
Old 06-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #19
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Where to find character greets

I got this from a post by Iluvmickeymouse! on the Wish Trippers Unite thread.

Character FAQ....
http://allears.net/tp/fur.htm

Character find list...
http://www.themouseforless.com/downl...cterFind.shtml

Article...
http://www.mouseplanet.com/mike/ms050318.htm

more character info...
http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/characters.html
Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

great additions to the thread

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 06-22-2008, 06:17 PM   #21
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Disneyland helpful links

Thanks to SueM in MN for these helpful Disneyland links:

Besides what I posted on the Passporter Board where I first met you, here are some threads from the DIS site's Disneyland Board that should be helfpful:
-Must do rides for Little Ones

-Disneyland with a 9 month old, which includes people talking about which rides a small child can be held on

-Disneyland with Toddlers

-Disneyland for a 3yr old and a 5yr old. (I know this won't help with your questions about your granddaughter riding on the lap, but it is a good overview of attractions a young child would enjoy).

-Keeping baby cool (WDW in June, but may have some helpful hints)

-Guest Assistance Cards at Disneyland

-Disneyland Rides with low waits

Hope you are able to find some helpful info in at least some of these.
I will look at the actual Disneyland site later today or tomorrow to see what further help I can give you.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:55 AM   #22
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

I'm here

I had my Wish Trip when I was 6 years old, and now I'm 14! (almost 15)

So, it's been a looooooooooong time.

Still, it was great fun. MAW has been great to us. I still volunteer there sometimes. I actually (not meaning to brag here) got a NATIONAL AWARD for my community service with them!!

I'm happy to talk to anyone here who has questions :D
Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 PM   #23
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

smatterchu

I have found a CM at Disney Hollywood Studios who wants to help spread pixie dust by sending postcards from WDW characters to Wish Trip Kids before their trips. Her name is Tara Laine (both together are her first name). She is a photopass photographer. You can PM her as smatterchu.

Hurray for great CMs like Tara Laine.

Bill
Old 07-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #24
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Give Kids the World Village Gift Shop

If you are going on a Wish Trip to Give Kids the World Village, I would advise you to wait until after your trip to buy things from the online gift shop. Wait to see what you will be given for free. After you have returned from the trip, you can order online. Proceeds benefit the Village. Mention to the staff at the House of Hearts that you would like to use the on line gift shop upon your return home, they might have some helpful information for you.

Bill
Old 07-07-2008, 01:08 PM   #25
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Spring-Summer-Fall 2008 Wish Trips

Here is a link to the Spring-Summer-Fall 2008 Wish Trips Reports. Other Wish Trip Families are the best source for planning tips.

Bill
Old 07-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #26
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Including Links in a Post

I FINALLY figured out the quick and easy way to paste a link to another thread or website in a post.

FIRST: Copy the url from the address bar at the top of your window when on the site or thread you want to link to.

SECOND: Type your text for the post, including the title of what you are linking to (can you believe an English major is ending sentences with "to?").

THIRD: Highlight the title in your text.

FOURTH: Click the globe icon at the top of the text window.

FIFTH: Paste your url into the link window that pops up. Then choose "OK."

Let's see, have I somehow managed to make this more complicated than it needs to be? I hope not. I have this habit of arranging everything in the world into "___ easy steps."

Bill
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #27
AmberGreenawalt
Mouseketeer

Working on our Wish Trip Planning:

Here are some questions for you fellow Wish trippers:

Earlier in the week we received a bit of bad news from our Wish Granter, Erin. She told us that it was determined that once we check out of GKTW any tickets that we did not use will have to be given back. We only have four full days at Give Kids the World before we check out, but they give you tickets to see seven parks. We knew there was no way we could accomplish this but didn’t want to pass up the once in a lifetime opportunity to see all these parks (not to mention our kids are ride junkies). Hence, the extension. Any other wish trippers out there have any experience with keeping their tickets during their “extended” portion of the stay?

Will we at least be able to keep a ticket to see a park the day we are checking out?

The weekly Christmas celebration at GKTW takes place the day that we check out. Does anyone know if we will be able to participate in the festivities this evening even though we will be "checked out" of our villa?

Should we book a Fantasmic dinner package or can Wish kids use the special side entrance for Fantasmic to the reserved seating area?

Should we purchase the Universal Express passes ($19.99 each) Since Brian and I would like to do a couple of the adult rides like Mummy and Hulk.

Does Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure have a Wish Loung (like the ones at Magic Kingdom and Epcot) that we can use to recharge and get the kids naps. Does Disney Studios have one?

Did any of you fellow wish Trippers need to use Fast Pass? Especially if you did an adult ride without your “wish kid?”

We are planning to purchase tickets to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party as Make A Wish has told us this is not something they do.

Erin told us that the Florida chapter will make arrangements for Sebastian to meet with one special character. We told them it was no question: Buzz Lightyear! We are wondering what to expect. Anyone have any experiences with Make A Wish coordinating a specific character meet and greet for them?

We also told Make A Wish that we would like to eat at Chef Mickey’s the first day that we arrive since we won’t be visiting a park on this day. Anyone have experience with Make A Wish coordinating a character meal for them?
Old 07-10-2008, 07:50 AM   #28
dclfun
DIS Veteran

Amber- you mentioned only having four days at GKTW- did I miss something- are you driving down or staying somewhere else for the rest of your trip? I thought a GKTW Wish trip was an entire week so I'm sorry either way that you don't have the full time. I don't have any experience with GKTW as my son's wish trip wasn't to Disney ( we live only 30 min away and he's had lots of fun already at WDW.) I do know each chapter is different and so the policies about extending the tickets or allowing you to keep them may vary or this may be a GKTW policy. The wish kids are only able to wear their "buttons" during the trip itself and use the special GAC during their trip so perhaps due to the constraints of the ticket donors they also can't be used after the trip. Hopefully someone else who DOES know more than me will chime in but I wanted to wish you a magical trip. Loved the photo of Sebastian...oh...I mean BUZZ!---Kathy

Skye sitting in the "poop deck" on the Disney Dream, April, 2011. We just returned from a back to back cruise on the Dream, so she's now sailed 12 times on DCL!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:31 AM   #29
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

GAC issues

For accurate information on GAC's please review SueM in MN's post on Wish Trip info on the disABILITIES board. It is near the top of the list of threads.

Although we were not asked to return our Make a Wish or GKTW buttons so that we kept them for souvenirs (and to wear on the flight home, which resulted in some very special treatment from Alaska Airlines), the GAC is what actually allows for the accomodations in the parks. Obtain another GAC when you begin the extended (on your own dime) portion of the trip. The GAC is obtained from Guest Services outside or inside the park entrances at WDW. It cannot be obtained in advance.

I still think that tickets can be used on the day you check out of GKTW, but you should clarify that by contacting GKTW. Leave a message on their machine with your specific question. Mention that it is important for your trip planning to know.

Bill
Old 07-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #30
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Starting Your Own Pre-Trip of Trip Report

To begin a Pre-Trip Report or Trip Report:

Go to The DIS Discussion Forums-DISboards.com

Scroll down to Disney Trip Reports

If it is a completed trip, click the New Thread Button

If is it before your trip, choose Pre-Trip Reports and Plans

Then Click the New Thread Button.

Bill