Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK DVC Discussion
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #1
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Points for rent

I have banked 220 points that have to be used by July 08. If any one is interested in buying them having them transferried they are £5 a point. (please note I have tried without success to book something for the remainder of this year without success, hence banking the points)

If you let me know :

The dates you want to go
The resort
The type of room

I will see If I can make the reservation.

Let me know if you are interested.

Laurence
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Bump
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
dwinter
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1

Do you still have any points left?

I'm looking for a studio at the BoardWalk Villas

Check In: Sunday 13th April '08
Check Out: Thursday 17th April '08

It would be great if you could help.
dwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
Laurence_B
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1

Yes I have points available at £5 a point. I will see if those dates are available on Monday and get back to you
Laurence_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:30 AM   #5
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Bump
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #6
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member
 
MickeyMcMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Scottish Borders Scotland, UK
Posts: 561

Bit of a long shot but any 2 bedrooms anywhere jan1st - 6th

David
__________________
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS
MickeyMcMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 AM   #7
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

I will call this evening to see if anything is available.
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
Princess Ploppy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13

Laurence

Do you happen to have anymore points left? I don't have enough for a trip next year and am looking for 93 points?

Thanks
Princess Ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

David

Only days available are 4th and 5th January at SS or OKW

Laurence
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #10
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Points

Princess Poppy

I have these points until July what are you looking for, I'm charging £5 a point

Laurence
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
MickeyMcMouse

DVC VWL BCV member
 
MickeyMcMouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Scottish Borders Scotland, UK
Posts: 561

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceB View Post
David

Only days available are 4th and 5th January at SS or OKW

Laurence

We are at ss from 6th till 12th after arriving on 1st, so that would mean moving 3 times.

Not to worry, thanks for trying

regards

David
__________________
93 G.Coast, 94 DLP NB, 95 WDW CB+G.Coast, 97 WDW WL+G.Coast, 98 DLP DH, 98 WDW GF+G.Coast, 99 DLP DH, 99 G.Cost, 00 WDW WL+G.Coast, 00 WDW WL+Wyn Palace, 01 WDW WL+G.Coast, 02 WDW AKL+OKW+VWL, 02 WDW VWL, 03 Barbados, 03 WDW VWL, 03 WDW BCV+VWL, 04 WDW OKW, 04 DLP DL, 05 WDW VWL, 05 WDW VWL, 06 WDW SS, 06 WDW SS+BWV, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 07 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW Dolphin, 08 WDW SS, 08 WDW SS, 09 WDW SS, 09 HGV, 09 HGV, 09 WDW SS, 10 WDW SS, 10 WDW VWL, 10 HGV, 11 HGV, 11 WDW SS, 11 WDW SS, 12 WDW SS, 13 WDW OKW, 13 WDW SS, 13 HGV, 14 WDW SS
MickeyMcMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 07:28 AM   #12
Princess Ploppy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 13

Hi Laurence

Not sure if this is going to work out messy or not as I will be attempting to combine 3 types of bookings - using my own points, renting points and cash bookings.

I'm staying 1/5 - 13/5 which spans 2 weekends - is more cost effective to use cash bookings at weekends. I only have 166 points left so can afford 5 week nights in a 2 bed at SSR.

So I would need to rent points for 1/5/08 for 2 bed at SSR and then for 11/5/08 and 12/5/08 at a 2 bed SSR. So my booking would comprise the following:

1/5/08 - rent points
2/5/08 - pay cash
3/5/08 - pay cash
4/5/08 - use points
5/5/08 - use points
6/5/08 - use points
7/8/08 - use points
8/8/08 - use points
9/8/08 - pay cash
10/5/08 - pay cash
11/5/08 - rent points
12/5/08 - rent points

I work out that it would be 93 points that I would need to rent for the 3 week nights.

Is this going to get too complicated technically having 3 different bookings and will we have to keep changing rooms or will they be able to link the bookings together?

Thanks
Princess Ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Ploppy View Post
Hi Laurence

Not sure if this is going to work out messy or not as I will be attempting to combine 3 types of bookings - using my own points, renting points and cash bookings.

I'm staying 1/5 - 13/5 which spans 2 weekends - is more cost effective to use cash bookings at weekends. I only have 166 points left so can afford 5 week nights in a 2 bed at SSR.

So I would need to rent points for 1/5/08 for 2 bed at SSR and then for 11/5/08 and 12/5/08 at a 2 bed SSR. So my booking would comprise the following:

1/5/08 - rent points
2/5/08 - pay cash
3/5/08 - pay cash
4/5/08 - use points
5/5/08 - use points
6/5/08 - use points
7/8/08 - use points
8/8/08 - use points
9/8/08 - pay cash
10/5/08 - pay cash
11/5/08 - rent points
12/5/08 - rent points

I work out that it would be 93 points that I would need to rent for the 3 week nights.

Is this going to get too complicated technically having 3 different bookings and will we have to keep changing rooms or will they be able to link the bookings together?

Thanks
I'm pretty sure if you stay at the same resort they will sort out the same room. I can see if the reservation is available if you want

Laurence
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 AM   #14
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenceB View Post
I'm pretty sure if you stay at the same resort they will sort out the same room. I can see if the reservation is available if you want

Laurence
i've also sent you a PM with my email address
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:19 AM   #15
LaurenceB
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 24

Bump

Bump
LaurenceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.