Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2009, 10:09 AM   #76
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Having just been to the world in January...with a vegan...
we had a great time at tusker house buffets- plenty of food for veg and vegan, great chefs (even made dh his own samosas!)
Crystal Palace was helpful, but not too great of a selection (some salads, plus a veg burger and vegan bread/ biscuit thing)
San Angel's food was terrible...not enough for the kids to eat, vegan dh had issues, soy ice cream had freezer burn...way overpriced..
Across the way, at the outdoor cs mexican stand , we got 3x the food, fresher, made to order, cheaper! (they told us anything on the menu could be made veg, just replace meat with black beans, which are vegan!)
Akershus breakfast and chef mickey's breakfast were both great... ak made vegan van's waffles, and I think pancakes (although it took awhile for the chef to come out!)
annd chef mickeys had chocolate soymilk for the kids, and gf/vegan mickey waffles freshly made... DH was happy with waffles, but I think chef m's offered other ideas, too.
Tusker was so good, we canceled other ADR's and went there again!
awoogala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:05 PM   #77
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

[QUOTE=awoogala;31169257.
Across the way, at the outdoor cs mexican stand , we got 3x the food, fresher, made to order, cheaper! (they told us anything on the menu could be made veg, just replace meat with black beans, which are vegan!)[/QUOTE]

Did they actually show you an ingredient list for the black beans? The one time I tried to eat there I was not only told that I couldn't replace meat with anything, but, then later when I pushed eventually shown a label for the beans that included lard. (Hence, I gave up and didn't eat. But, I like vegetarian mexican food and would like to give it a try again if they've actually changed--as opposed to just started claiming the beans as vegan when they aren't.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #78
awoogala
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hematite153 View Post
Did they actually show you an ingredient list for the black beans? The one time I tried to eat there I was not only told that I couldn't replace meat with anything, but, then later when I pushed eventually shown a label for the beans that included lard. (Hence, I gave up and didn't eat. But, I like vegetarian mexican food and would like to give it a try again if they've actually changed--as opposed to just started claiming the beans as vegan when they aren't.)
hmm. didn't ask, since I had read in the vegetarian disney books that the black beans were veg. Usually they just heat up black beans, didn't seem "seasoned" or "flavored" at all... Refried beans are always suspect, but whole beans USUALLY tend to be safer in my experience.
In the San Angel, we were also given black beans as a veg filler.
I suppose it could have happened, but a vegan and vegetarian ate it twice with no issues.
awoogala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 05:01 PM   #79
fairy
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for starting this thread. We are a vegan/veg family and my main concern is that my daughter gets enough healthy food to eat. You have certainly shown me that she shouldn't have a problem and also given me the courage to speak up and ask for what I would like. We are having our daughter's birthday lunch at The Plaza because they have hummus and veggies and she would like a banana split and I know they serve Rice Dream ice cream which she prefers to soy anything.

Thanks for the suggestion on putting our little Rice Milk packs in the ice bucket at night. I really didn't want to pay for a fridge for just a few items.

Hope to see more and maybe if I can learn how to post some photos I can add some to this. We will be eating at the Crystal Palace, The Plaza, Ohana's, Akershus and Cindy's Table. That might change now that I saw the stuffed pepper picture. YUM!

Thanks for spreadin' the vegan love around!!
fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:52 AM   #80
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Hi v gan! Thank you so much for your reviews. I'm a vegetarian and your reviews have convinced me to make ADRs for both Sci-Fi and 50s Prime Time for my trip in September.
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:07 PM   #81
v_gan
I can go the distance!

Exclamation

Thanks for reading my reviews, everyone! I've just started my reviews for our trip from this past week, so be sure to check them out

*More* Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews!
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Caribbean Beach Resort - March 2010 (21 years old)
WDW - Pop Century Resort - May 2009 (20 years old)
Universal Orlando - Offsite - October 2008 - (20 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Movies - September 2007 (19 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - All Star Music - July 2002 (14 years old)
WDW, Univeral Orlando - Offsite - January 2001 (13 years old)
Disneyland, Universal Hollywood - Offsite - January 2000 (12 years old)
WDW, Universal Orlando, Sea World - Offsite - January 1991 (3 years old)

Spring 2014 Disney College Program Blog (Concierge): Going the Distance - My Disney College Program Experience

Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
Two Vegans, Too Much Food
Even More Vegan and Vegetarian Dining Reviews
v_gan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: