Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

CSR, just back from a great trip!

Arrived early afternoon on 4/3. Checkin went very smoothly, no wait. We requested connecting rooms in either the Casitas or the Ranchos so of course we were assigned Cabanas 9A . The important part of the request was the connecting rooms so we were happy.

For anyone concerned about being assigned to cabana 9A due to its past life as the smoking section check out your room before you automatically ask to be changed. Of the three rooms we got only ours had a faint smoke smell when we first walked into the room, but after we cranked up the AC and had Mousekeeping give it a quick spray it was fine. I did very closely check out the carpet, drapes and bedspread but they were fresh and clean, no smoke smell!

The CMs were all very friendly and helpful The Pepper Market was good as was Mousekeepng and the all around cleanliness of our rooms and the resort.

Walking distances were no more than other resorts and those golfcart shuttles were everywhere if you wanted a ride.

The weather could of been better but I think it kept those Love Bugs at bay which was good. There were a lot of conventioneers at the resort but the only time we saw large numbers together was at the Luguana Bar in the evening. I guess they weren't given anything to drink at the meetings because they sure were a thirsty bunch at night .

We would stay at CSR again in a heart beat!

Thanks for reading!
bgdiznee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #2
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Welcome back! Thanks for posting!! Did you really mean 4/3?
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 PM   #3
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

Okay, maybe I was enjoying the Laguana bar too! No I meant 10/3. Sorry about that. I also wanted to thank you BUZZ for all the very helpful info you've given out to all us CSR bound vacationers. I felt like I was so prepared and could really enjoy our trip because of the Buzz CSR Cliff Notes . Thanks again!
Old 10-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgdiznee View Post
Okay, maybe I was enjoying the Laguana bar too! No I meant 10/3. Sorry about that. I also wanted to thank you BUZZ for all the very helpful info you've given out to all us CSR bound vacationers. I felt like I was so prepared and could really enjoy our trip because of the Buzz CSR Cliff Notes . Thanks again!
Just glad you enjoyed your trip!!
Buzz2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:58 PM   #5
mom22boys
DIS Veteran

OP, just a few questions for you, if you don't mind:

Were your beds comfy?

Did you use the buses? If so, how were they?

Did you like the interior of your room?

Much thanks!
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
bab31
DIS Veteran

I am not the OP but

The beds are very comfy pillow top thick mattress's15-17 inch kind (didnt have a ruler) slept wonderfully every night

busses were fantastic -we went during value season

the decor of the room was fine- nothing fancy- just exactly as you see on the websites- Room was great with central air
Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #7
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip and liked the CSR (we do too!).
Old 10-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #8
tofubeast
DIS Veteran

umm thanks.... if it isn't bad enough that I still have to wait 3 days before checking in at CSR...now this great review had me even itching more for these days to fly by!! hehe

Thanks so much for giving me yet another reason to be glad we booked at CSR!

Grew up with DL & also went back in 08(CCI); WDW: 90, 06(POFQ), 07(CSR), Apr09(CSR), Jun09(SSR), Oct09(POP), Sep11(POP), Dec12(BCV/AoA), May13(POP), Aug13, Oct13(BLT), May14(AKV Jambo), Oct14(VWL), Feb15(?). Other: Nov13(VBR), DCL Dream Oct14, Nov14(VBR)[SIZE="1"][B]
Future DVC owner at Disney's Hyperion Resort in 2053!
Past Trip Reports: WDW Oct 07 - DLR "back home"
tofubeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:57 AM   #9
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Nice to read about another CSR satisfied customer!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:19 AM   #10
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

thanks for the great review!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:03 AM   #11
bgdiznee
Mouseketeer

Mom22boys-

The beds were very comfortable. I was a little worried because they are full size compared to queen size in the deluxes, but they were fine. However my DH and I are not tall people.

The buses were timely and never over crowded except returning from MNSSHP one night. A few people had to stand. I do have to say, I've never seen such a constant flow of buses at a resort. This was our 16th stay on property(first at a mod, all others a deluxe or SOG) and this was the first time we've never had bus issues!

The rooms were very nicely appointed. The furniture sized just right for the space. Very warm and inviting color scheme. Sink and bathroom area workable. I told my DH my favorite part of the trip was having a bathroom in our bedroom as we are doing a major bathroom renovation at home (think DIY) and I have to venture out to the hallway bathroom every morning.

The Mousekeeping was also very good. As was the overall cleanlinees of the rooms and resort. There were always CMs in every common area picking up trash and tidying up. I was impressed.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:14 AM   #12
mom22boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mom22boys-

The beds were very comfortable. I was a little worried because they are full size compared to queen size in the deluxes, but they were fine. However my DH and I are not tall people.

The buses were timely and never over crowded except returning from MNSSHP one night. A few people had to stand. I do have to say, I've never seen such a constant flow of buses at a resort. This was our 16th stay on property(first at a mod, all others a deluxe or SOG) and this was the first time we've never had bus issues!

The rooms were very nicely appointed. The furniture sized just right for the space. Very warm and inviting color scheme. Sink and bathroom area workable. I told my DH my favorite part of the trip was having a bathroom in our bedroom as we are doing a major bathroom renovation at home (think DIY) and I have to venture out to the hallway bathroom every morning.

The Mousekeeping was also very good. As was the overall cleanlinees of the rooms and resort. There were always CMs in every common area picking up trash and tidying up. I was impressed.
Thank you for such detailed answers!
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
Lilolvr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mom22boys-

You nailed it right on the head!
Lilolvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #14
Bella34
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great review/answers!! I can't wait for our trip in Nov
Bella34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:13 PM   #15
Carol D
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing!
Carol D is offline   Reply With Quote