Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-16-2007, 07:31 AM   #91
Momof2wCF
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 133

Catching up.. Bill, can I use your MK poem in DD's scrapbook? Would you mind? I think it will describe her MaW trip perfectly!
I wanted to post a poem DD wrote last October when she found out we were going to meet with the MaW coordinators. She was inspired by the MaW CD we got at DL, but she wrote it on the school bus. I still have it with the little kid spelling and the pictures on the edges. It's beautiful to me.*happy/sad/proud mommy tears*

Make A Wish
By Ally Ricketts
October 2006

People may be in a box of disease
which you canít go out of.
You may think you are the only one
but no, just make a wish.

It isnít hard. Just try.
You can go far off in France.

They cannot find the cure of Cystic Fibrosis
but it still means cure found.

Make a wish. You can do it.
It doesnít matter if youíre blind
you can still have fun.

Just ask your mother or father
to sign you up.
Make a wish.

Just wish your wish.
You can be any age
from 1Ė over.

I want to find a cure for CF.
I donít care when,

I donít care where, you see.
I just canít handle this disease.

Just make a wish
Get a day away from home.
Go with your dream.

Fly and feel the breeze.
Let it run through your hair.
Just do what you want and have fun..
Make a wish.
Just go on just wish a nice wish.
Some wish a dream.
Some wish for a family.

Make a wish
you always can do it.
Always, yes always,
Make a wish
just Make a Wisshhh...
__________________
Kirsten

DH- 43, DL 2x
me- 38 DL 8x
DS- 17 DL 4x
DD- 8 DL 4x (Wish kid)
First Trip to WDW October 21-28 2007!!!

Link to my TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post21543422
Momof2wCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:00 AM   #92
wendygrace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 946

Kirsten that's a beautiful poem!

ChristaMae, thank's for joining us.

I can't add anything more to the photopass and pictures tips. I also took pics of the photopass number, the kids in their outfits for the day and the parking sign every day! the pics of the kids were nice because I knew when the day started right away!

Still feeling pretty blah around here. Danae was sick all weekend and it looks like Michael now has a fever. Fun!
__________________
Wendy
My Make-A-Wish Trip Report...Picture Update Page 30-31
Wish Trippers...Unite!
Wish Trippers Unite Volume Two!

Just believe and if you imagine, Just believe and your dreams will come true
wendygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-16-2007, 08:11 AM   #93
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH
 
Iluvmickeymouse!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 612

Well, we got most of it sorted out!!!! I called our coord. and asked her to double check on the date of our dinner. It is on the 28th, not the 24th. But, now we have two sets of tickets for that night. So, I called WDW ticketing and explained what had happened and they said I could send our tickets back and get a refund! We are keeping the one for my MIL as MAW did not get one for her. Soooo....Camster.....talk to your org. and tell them you want MVMCP tixs!! This all would have been taken care of and I would not have had to deal with this if I would have just told them in the first place that we wanted to go to MNSSHP. Now the other prob we have is that our reservation for Cinderella at the castle is for just the four of us and not MIL. I called WDW Dining and they are booked solid, no luck getting her in. I don't know what to do there. I don't want her to not be included. I would be more than happy to have DD1 sit on my lap if it means MIL can eat with us. What to do....what to do???
Iluvmickeymouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 AM   #94
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,234

Hi Christamae, good to see you here. Alize is in a zippie. By the way everyone, I love the idea of a meet in 2009 just haven't figured a way of introducing it to Charlie. Karen
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #95
roseprincess
Proud Redhead
I was a nerd, too in high school
Ok, I gotta run. Oy!
 
roseprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 3,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmickeymouse! View Post
Well, we got most of it sorted out!!!! I called our coord. and asked her to double check on the date of our dinner. It is on the 28th, not the 24th. But, now we have two sets of tickets for that night. So, I called WDW ticketing and explained what had happened and they said I could send our tickets back and get a refund! We are keeping the one for my MIL as MAW did not get one for her. Soooo....Camster.....talk to your org. and tell them you want MVMCP tixs!! This all would have been taken care of and I would not have had to deal with this if I would have just told them in the first place that we wanted to go to MNSSHP. Now the other prob we have is that our reservation for Cinderella at the castle is for just the four of us and not MIL. I called WDW Dining and they are booked solid, no luck getting her in. I don't know what to do there. I don't want her to not be included. I would be more than happy to have DD1 sit on my lap if it means MIL can eat with us. What to do....what to do???
Hi, haven't been here in a few days.
As of your MIL, for the character meal at Cindy's, you might want to give your Wish coordinator a call and see if they can include MIL in the reservation part, even tho MIL has to pay her way to eat there.
I know MAW is pretty strict as of not paying for anyone that is not part of the immediate family. Immediate family are the siblings of the wish child and mom and dad of the wish child.
You can try to see if MAW can include her in the reservation. Would be worth a try.
Hope it works out
__________________

roseprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:14 AM   #96
Camster0307
DIS Veteran
 
Camster0307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmickeymouse! View Post
Well, we got most of it sorted out!!!! I called our coord. and asked her to double check on the date of our dinner. It is on the 28th, not the 24th. But, now we have two sets of tickets for that night. So, I called WDW ticketing and explained what had happened and they said I could send our tickets back and get a refund! We are keeping the one for my MIL as MAW did not get one for her. Soooo....Camster.....talk to your org. and tell them you want MVMCP tixs!! This all would have been taken care of and I would not have had to deal with this if I would have just told them in the first place that we wanted to go to MNSSHP. Now the other prob we have is that our reservation for Cinderella at the castle is for just the four of us and not MIL. I called WDW Dining and they are booked solid, no luck getting her in. I don't know what to do there. I don't want her to not be included. I would be more than happy to have DD1 sit on my lap if it means MIL can eat with us. What to do....what to do???
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll put in a call to my MAW volunteers - haven't heard from them all summer but they said they would be contacting us a month or two before the trip. They had joked that I was leaving them nothing to do for us since I had taken care of all of our ADRs - let's see if they can come through for us!

As far as your ADR at CRT, I can't believe that if you show up the day of your ressie, they wouldn't accommodate your MIL - especially being a MAW family. Will your DD1 sit in a high chair? I know it can be a problem going from a table for 4 to a higher number, but if your DD can sit in a high chair you should still all be able to sqeeze in at the table for 4. Might want to suggest this?
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 10:27 AM   #97
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,193

If you can't get a legitimate ressie for five, I'd just show up with mil and throw yourself on the mercy of the cast members at the podium. It can't hurt to try and they might come through for you.
__________________
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #98
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH
 
Iluvmickeymouse!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 612

woohoo I finally figured out how to do multiple quotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Thanks for the advice! I think I'll put in a call to my MAW volunteers - haven't heard from them all summer but they said they would be contacting us a month or two before the trip. They had joked that I was leaving them nothing to do for us since I had taken care of all of our ADRs - let's see if they can come through for us!

As far as your ADR at CRT, I can't believe that if you show up the day of your ressie, they wouldn't accommodate your MIL - especially being a MAW family. Will your DD1 sit in a high chair? I know it can be a problem going from a table for 4 to a higher number, but if your DD can sit in a high chair you should still all be able to sqeeze in at the table for 4. Might want to suggest this?
DD1 would sit in a high chair, or on my lap if need be!! I had thought about the squeezing in part too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
If you can't get a legitimate ressie for five, I'd just show up with mil and throw yourself on the mercy of the cast members at the podium. It can't hurt to try and they might come through for you.
Yup, thought of that one too!!!! I can't imagine that they would turn her away, especially since it would upset my DD4. But, you never know.

When I call WDW Dining and mention that we are coming on our wish trip, it's almost like, yeah, so what. I've had a couple that have been really nice and have tried to work with me, but the one this morning I could have done without. Oh well no biggie.

Now the next question....I had made ressies at 1900 Park Fare for the 24th, just to make sure that DD saw Cindy, in case MAW didn't get anything for us. Now, do I cancel that one or keep it? I really want to go to that one because now the stepmother and stepsisters are there. Maybe we will keep it.....

Oh yeah...toll booths...quarters ok?????????? and about $2 per way (to wdw and back to airport)??????
Iluvmickeymouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 02:03 PM   #99
Camster0307
DIS Veteran
 
Camster0307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,532

Ok, first: I still have figured out how to do multiple quotes - how did you do it?

Secondly: I've done 1900 Park Fare; doing it again this trip. I think it's one of the best buffets and have heard that now the stepsisters are there, it's really one of the more entertaining character meals. Give it a try!

Lastly, heard back from my MAW coordinator: big fat NO to the MVMCP tix; said I could get them myself or wait and use the money they give us for expenses. So I'm just going to get them now - I can sleep easier knowing I've filled that hole in our schedule!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #100
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH
 
Iluvmickeymouse!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Iowa
Posts: 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Ok, first: I still have figured out how to do multiple quotes - how did you do it?

Secondly: I've done 1900 Park Fare; doing it again this trip. I think it's one of the best buffets and have heard that now the stepsisters are there, it's really one of the more entertaining character meals. Give it a try!

Lastly, heard back from my MAW coordinator: big fat NO to the MVMCP tix; said I could get them myself or wait and use the money they give us for expenses. So I'm just going to get them now - I can sleep easier knowing I've filled that hole in our schedule!
Quotes....down in the lower right hand corner of the post you will see a button for quote and then a button with a "+ click on the "+ on the posts that you want to quote and then on the last one you want quoted hit the quote button.....at least that is what I did.

I know, I am really looking forward to the stepsisters.....I think that will be a lot of fun!!

I'm glad you asked about the tickets. At least now you know and can plan accordingly!!
Iluvmickeymouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 PM   #101
Holly Sox
Mouseketeer
 
Holly Sox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 204

[QUOTE=Bill_Lin;21280525]Welcome Holly. Your trip is coming right up. Have you started your pre-trip report (that is where we all obsess about buying ponchos and setting up dinner reservations and even about flesh eating bacteria-- if we can't think of anything else to obsess about.

Thanks, Bill. I have been CRAZY the past week and have not been able to post as much as I have wanted to. I took the boys to our state fair last Thursday night for Cody's birthday. They were seriously amazed by the midway, the lights, the rides, etc. And this was the SC State Fair, okay??? I cannot wait to see them when we hit the Magic Kingdom. I don't know how I am going to get through the next 2 weeks, 5 days and 12 hours.

They just have no idea what's ahead.

Holly
Holly Sox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 05:02 PM   #102
Momof2wCF
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 133

Got our itinerary last night along with a limo ride and Ally's first fillet mignon (quite a hit with her too!) It was amazing and I cried a few times over how much everyone at the restaurant went out of their way for this little girl.
__________________
Kirsten

DH- 43, DL 2x
me- 38 DL 8x
DS- 17 DL 4x
DD- 8 DL 4x (Wish kid)
First Trip to WDW October 21-28 2007!!!

Link to my TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post21543422
Momof2wCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 07:24 PM   #103
LindaBabe


DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Upstate NY transplanted to NW Georgia
Posts: 10,193

Kristen, I think most people "want" to do good and are exceedingly grateful for the opportunity to do so. See you tomorrow week!
__________________
LindaBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #104
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald
 
alizesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Cochranton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,234

MAW will pay for nonfamily under certain circumstances. Alize needs someone to watch him 24/7. The doctor requested we have a nurse for him. MAW kindly are paying for her trip but not her wages. Karen
__________________
Mom to Gilbete', Jeanette, Andrea, Ben, Alize and Brady (with God), Ciara and Brian. Grandmother to seven.
alizesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 AM   #105
Pez Pez
Mouseketeer
 
Pez Pez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Left Coast
Posts: 75

Question Question???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2wCF View Post
Got our itinerary last night along with a limo ride and Ally's first fillet mignon (quite a hit with her too!) It was amazing and I cried a few times over how much everyone at the restaurant went out of their way for this little girl.

That is so sweet!!!! I do have a question though. My MAW volunteer made it sound like they just order us pizza and come go over everything??? I am missing out on something

TIA
__________________
Staci Pez
MAW trip for DS Trevor (12) December '07
Mommy to Princess Bianca (3) rincess:
Wifey to Angel






Gobbled by VegasNative
Pez Pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: