Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #76
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizesmom View Post
How do you get a photopass? Karen
To get a photopass, just approach any WDW photographer on your first day and they will start you up with one. I highly recommend this. It's free to use - when you get home, just go to the website and decide if you want to purchase any of the pix taken. We get one every year and I come home with at least 150 photos on mine! Sometimes, if the photographer isn't busy, he'll take 5-10 pictures of your party - like your own personal photo shoot! The photographers are usually at every character greet and at the most photogenic spots in each park.

The website is www.DisneyPhotoPass.com - check it out to see what it offers. What I like is that when I get home, I can check out the pix, add borders, signatures - whatever I want. I also understand there is a discount if you pre-purchase the CD of your photopass beforehand. I did this last year. Had 240 pix on my CD - paid about $100 for the CD, but was then able to print out as many pix as I wanted. Buying one 5x7 at WDW costs about $10 - so it's a deal if you want alot of your pix!
Camster0307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 PM   #77
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Wait, wait, I know this one too!

Wait, wait, I know this one too!

PHOTOPASS: You will be given a photopass the first time you get a picture taken by a Disney CM photographer. Keep this pass and show it to each new photographer so they can scan it. If you are really a masochist, or really like standing in line, go to the photo store in the park's shopping area and wait in line with everyone else at the end of the day to order your pictures. You DO NOT need to do this at each park. It is all on one Disney computer network and can be accessed at any park (or just order on line when you get home). DO NOT lose your photopass.

At US, they give you little slips of paper when they take candid shots, do not lose these like we did or you can't get your one free candid pic to pick up at the end of the day.

PARKING: At Disney Parks, show your GKTW button to the parking attendant at the booth, they will direct you where to go. Follow that path. You may have to show it again to someone when you get farther in. We took our Handicapped Placard with us on the trip. We ended up following a blue line (the color of handicapped parking signs) all the way to where we parked. This was always really close in, even though we were never there at park opening. Remember to make a note of where you are parking, because all the rental cars will look the same when you get back. Use your auto-lock fob to make your horn honk and lights flash. This will help you find your car, and is always fun for freaking out the guys who happen to be walking past your car at the time.

At Universal we, strangely discovered one of the 7-Dwarves (I will let you guess which one..... Snow White already determined that I am Doc as you can read on our TR) was working as a parking attendant, but had morphed into a woman. She was quite put out when I had to fumble around for a US free-parking ticket that was in with our US/ IOA park tickets, and looked like one of these. For your own peace of mind, get these out in advance. You will be told where to go (one way or another) by the parking booth attendant. Don't worry too much about where you park at US as the moving sidewalks will get you where you need to be with ease.

STROLLERS: Stroller rental is always inside the gate, after you go through the turnstile. At SW it was a little ways in. At US it is on your left right past the turnstil, we kept this for both parks, so I am not sure where the IOA one is. At AK it was just to the right. At MK it is under the train track between the 2 tunnel entrances. Go past the tunnels and turn back around to find it. At Epcot, main entrance it was just inside. At the Epcot International entrance the same thing holds true. At MGM we did not get a stroller.

V.I.P. LOUNGES: We did not use the V.I.P. lounges at Epcot, but the Wish Lounge staff at MK told us that Wish Trippers have never had a problem using them to their knowledge. These are run by corporate sponsors, not Disney, but the folks there seem to understand about Wish Trippers.

CHECKING OUT: You have to be out of your Villa by 11:00 a.m. and this is a real time. I went back to check on something at 11:05 and our Villa was being cleaned already. After you remove everything from your Villa, you can either put it in your vehicle (fairly safe as the Village is gated) or they will keep your things for you at the House of Hearts. You are free to stay and enjoy the Village (pool, water play area, trails, mini-golf, train ride, Castle of Miracles etc.) after check out and grab a sandwich and ice cream at the Ice Cream Palace.
Bill_Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #78
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Helpful Hint for Photopass

Take a picture with your own camera of the back of the photopass (side with photopass#). That way, if you do lose the photopass card, you can still have access to your pix on the website - just plug in the number from the card. If you don't have that number -- you can't get to your pictures!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #79
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Camster

Camster,

You are a genius! That is one of those, "Now why didn't I think of that," moments. Perhaps it is because I am not a genius like you.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #80
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

too funny, Bill - that also works for your ticket backs, Parking location, and Kids at the beginning of each day, so if one strays you can remember what s/he is wearing.

Plus, I always make the first photo on any new card - a photo of a card with my name, resort and dates of stay on it, in the event I lose my camera.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #81
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Too Smart by Far

Linda,

That is so smart its scary, especially the part about losing your camera.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #82
Momof2wCF
Mouseketeer

Staci, Just checking in after my *Girl's Weekend on the Coast* and saw your post. My DS is 17, and is probably also too old for most GKTW stuff, but I will post when I get back so you know what he thought was fun. WhosyourMickey also has teens, I think, so she might be able to help as well...
ONLY SIX MORE DAYS!!!

DH- 43, DL 2x
me- 38 DL 8x
DS- 17 DL 4x
DD- 8 DL 4x (Wish kid)
First Trip to WDW October 21-28 2007!!!

Link to my TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post21543422
Momof2wCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:20 PM   #83
Eeyore's Mom
Mouseketeer

Mind readers

You guys are so amazing. Did I mention that already? I don't have to ask any questions, I can just sit back and read about everything I ever wondered .
In regards to the food question - as already mentioned there is someone at GKTW that will work with you prior to your arrival. I have also googeled a health food store that is not too far from GKTW. I know that will be one of our first stops to pick up Eeyore's food. I have also been wondering about getting dairy free (and corn free) ice cream at Friendly's. That would be a wish in itself to be able to take Eeyore out for ice cream!

Here's the link for my pre-trip- I will try and follow Bill's instructions for adding it to my signature too
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post21303385

Eeyore's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 AM   #84
Pez Pez
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2wCF View Post
Staci, Just checking in after my *Girl's Weekend on the Coast* and saw your post. My DS is 17, and is probably also too old for most GKTW stuff, but I will post when I get back so you know what he thought was fun. WhosyourMickey also has teens, I think, so she might be able to help as well...
ONLY SIX MORE DAYS!!!
Thanks so much for keeping me in mind. I just want to make sure he has an awesome time. Although it seems we will be busy all the time, teens always find ways to be bored. My son is really a good kid (not only because I am his mom)he is very grateful for the opportunity (as am I), but I want to maximize every second....go at it commando style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmickeymouse! View Post
When you get to the parks there will be photographers there. The first time you get your picture taken by them, they will give you a card (size of a credit card). Each time thereafter when you get your pic taken by a photographer, give them the card, they will scan it so the pics go into your account. Getting the pics taken is the free part. Getting the pics is the expensive part!!

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass/
If you are interested in photopass and cost is an issue - check out the photopass sharing on the main boards. I have already signed up and have spoken with my group leader several times, she is really sweet and from Oregon (like me). Basically you split the cost of the photopass between 6-8 of you and then the group leader takes payment responsibility as well as getting everyone a CD. I love to save money, so I signed up right away. Looking at previous posts it has worked really well - but you do chance giving your $20 to a stranger. If you keep your photopass numbers you could always purchase on your own in the event that someone took advantage of you.
If you purchase photopass ahead of time then you get some sort of discount also. I am not sure exactly how much but reference the previous links to bradk and Disney. I already created my photopass account and I still have 50 days to go
Also another poster on the photopass boards said that you can get a new card every time you see a photographer. She also takes a picture of the card so she has all the numbers, this eliminates you from digging in a diaper bag or purse in the event that a photographer or moment catches you by surprise.
Hope this helps, I am new too but spend about 15 hours a day on this board...
Wifey to Angel

Gobbled by VegasNative
Pez Pez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #85
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Wooo Hooo!!!!

Wendy....I am so glad you did this. I came back from the trip to TX to visit my parents, very down and sad. My mom has Alzheimers and has gotten much worse since I saw her a few months ago. My dad, whose health is not good either, and I spent a lot of time talking about the next steps we need to take in her care and how to involve my two sisters, who are really in a lot of denial about it all. This is just what I needed to get a positive outlook back. I have only read the first page of the posts, but I will catch up tomorrow. I am very pumped about the Wish trip reunion. I had thought about asking everyone if they were interested in meeting at Disney and I am so glad that others were thinking the same thing! Wow...brilliant wish trip minds think alike! More later! Glad to see this is up and running!

~Elisa
5dwarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM   #86
5dwarves
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Take a picture with your own camera of the back of the photopass (side with photopass#). That way, if you do lose the photopass card, you can still have access to your pix on the website - just plug in the number from the card. If you don't have that number -- you can't get to your pictures!
I also take a picture of the closest sign to my car in the parking lot....scrolling through the photos is much easier than walking up and down aisles!
5dwarves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #87
jennydep
Mouseketeer

Another photopass tip

This comes straight from a photopass photographer. If you plan on buying the CD, be sure to tell each photographer that you will be getting the CD. Most of them will take extra pictures to help make it worth your money. One photographer took a few pictures of me while I was watching Michaela meet a character.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #88
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5dwarves View Post
I also take a picture of the closest sign to my car in the parking lot....scrolling through the photos is much easier than walking up and down aisles!
How did we every survive without digital cameras and cell phones?
Old 10-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #89
Iluvmickeymouse!
Proud mama to a DD who beat HLH

Our wish granter stopped by tonight and gave us all our stuff!! They gave us a little booklet with all our info in it and towards the back there is a sheet that says that they have made arrangements for DD (ok all of us) to have supper in the castle with Cinderella. Except, I am going to have to call our coordinator because it says that is on the 24th and continues to say that it is on a MNSSHP night. Ummmm, the 24th is not a MNSSHP night. They said to pick up tickets at will call for MNSHHP. Which is great, except we already bought tickets for the 28th. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the coord. says in the morning. I would love for DD to do this....just hope it works out.
Iluvmickeymouse! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #90
eternaldisneyfan
Have an Attitude of Gratitude!
*sadly, no emoticons because my pix max out the limit-my words will have to stand alone*

Hello! I took my wish trip when I was 11...11 years ago! Stayed at GKTW-awesome place! Especially for wheelchair users. Everything is accessible. My sister took a road trip for her wish-basically the western USA. Drove from Oklahoma (moved to California in 2002) and saw Painted Desert, Grand Canyon, two days in San Francisco, Muir Woods, Yosemite, Body ghost town, Yellowstone, Temple Square in Salt Lake City, and Dinosaur National Monument.

I just finished a trip report on a trip that was as magical as the wish trip. And I have a special traveler sign up going on...

alizesmom- Tell me what kind of wheelchair he has and I will post the ride's it can go on (there is a difference for manual and electric).

You know how I found out about Make A Wish...a book. A Babysitter's Club book.

-Christamae

Boo'd!! Frosted , Snowed , Ho ho'd Tree'd!
"Everything in life is a choice. Even if the only choice we have is the attitude with which we embrace each moment." Mattie Stepanek
eternaldisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: