Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 AM   #31
ibela
DIS Veteran

Thursday – final sea day

We awoke to a gloomy day. Our vacation was almost over so it was sort of fitting, but no worries because we still had a full sea day ahead of us. After a quick breakfast at Topsiders we realized that her socks were missing from the night before. OK, back to some pool time. Erik and I alternated staying with Fallon and going to Quiet Cove individually, wow was it nice and quiet there. I wish I had time to be there earlier in the week.

I missed more (the final) Art of Entertaining activities. That’s a whole week and not a single session attended. Further, I had wanted to attend the martini tasting – didn’t get to that either. Also scheduled for that day was Family Kite Making which I thought would be great to fly a kite that we made on Castaway Cay. They were having fun running around the pool area and being entertained by the band playing, so I went to make a kite by myself since I just knew she’d love it the next day. Tip: get there early and be quick. When I got there (a mere 5 minutes late) they had run out of markers so I sat with a plain white kite for 5-10 minutes, then when they brought the big box of markers all the kids rushed over and started grabbing 1 of each color. I figured I wanted a nice kite too so I squeezed in on the side and grabbed about 10 different colors. I felt a little silly decorating by myself so I tried to do it quickly, about 15 minutes later I headed back to the pool to show them but no one was interested. I was determined to do at least 1 thing I had planned beforehand so I did make the galley tour. It was pretty cool to see how the kitchens are set up (and SO clean) and how they feed so many hungry people. I asked what the #1 most ordered food is, thinking it’d be lobster or steak but nope, the answer was chicken fingers - by far! So far I hadn’t even tried it, was I really missing something so great?? I had less than 2 days to find out.

After the galley tour I rushed back to the room for our Tea with Wendy (Alice and the Mad Hatter couldn’t make it). By the time they showered and got ready, we missed the tea. She took a cute pic with Wendy and we left. We went back to the room to get ready for dinner. It was Semi-Formal night (aka Lobster night) and I knew there’d be plenty of great photo ops to be had.

We lined up for Formal Mickey, really I lined up and Erik took Fallon to the side so she could watch. It was time for him to leave (and be replaced with Formal Minnie) so Fallon started saying loudly, “Bye Mimi” and waving. He came over to take her hand and walked out with her! She couldn’t take her eyes off the Mouse (Mimi/Mickey) as they walked down the hall:

OK, I was still on the line and when the other Mimi came out (I mean Minnie) they passed each other in the hall and Minnie and Mickey nuzzled noses – too cute! OK, so Fallon saw Formal Minnie and got super excited, “Hi Mimi, hi Mimi, hi Mimi” 3 times all in 1 breath. She was SO excited that the Shutters supervisor (or whoever he was overseeing all the photogs at the time), went and got us a stock photo of Minnie and a Sharpie so that Minnie could autograph the picture before the pic. We quickly posed and went in for dinner.

My lobster was warm, moist, and overall tasty. It was a good dinner and then we dropped Fallon off at Flounders. I asked if they had happened to see her socks and they told me they hadn’t and that dad had asked them earlier. They then said they’d call the manager and ask about it. I said I didn’t know he had asked and it was just a pair of socks and really no big deal. They asked what the socks looked like, by now I was getting a little embarrassed because it’s just a pair of socks and I didn’t want to make a big deal about it . . . so after dropping her off we went to Disney Dreams, Shutters, and strolled around the boat before picking her up and getting ready for our final blissful day.

Last edited by ibela; 10-17-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: added pic
ibela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 AM   #32
Shannon1984
Mouseketeer

Great trip report. I was also at 80's night by the way. I was by myself and didn't see anyone either. I didn't even see you or your husband. I loved watching the performers. I think I left halfway through. It was fun.
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2007, 10:07 AM   #33
ibela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon1984 View Post
Great trip report. I was also at 80's night by the way. I was by myself and didn't see anyone either. I didn't even see you or your husband. I loved watching the performers. I think I left halfway through. It was fun.
Hi! I actually did see you briefly but you were hanging towards the back and then when I looked again you were gone. I thought their choreographed numbers were great.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #34
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

HI Irene ~
Great TR. It's fun reading TR's from those who were on the same cruise. You really can get a different perspective. I'm just sorry I never got to meet up with you. I was in the minority and cruised with teens (and we had the 8:30 pm dinner. Often didn't get out of the restaurant until after 10 pm). Teens who were not that into the Stack. They are sort of shy and just wouldn't go. So they were attached to my husband and I most of the time. Your daughter is adorable.

Wanted to mention we also had Alexander and Erwin---loved them !

Thanks for the report and pics !

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #35
Gr00vyChc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibela View Post
To my fellow DISers from the thread who stood me up (everyone went to bed early?): you missed a really great time!
GUILTY as charged.. I wanted to go, I planned to go.. but my body told me it needed sleep.. really I heard it But we had so much at the Spring Break Bash! LOVED the jello shots! I wish they offered more.. I should've written that on the comment card.. MORE JELLO SHOTS puhleeese

Love your trip report so far girl!

Gr00vyChc

Gr00vyChc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #36
MiaSRN62
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ibela says :To my fellow DISers from the thread who stood me up (everyone went to bed early?): you missed a really great time!
Yet another meet I missed ? Sorry. I really wasn't even aware that we were supposed to have a meet at 80's Night and we were there ! Guess I was out of the loop..........
I only stayed about 20 min because I was feeling really tired after dinner. But my dh stayed at least an hour or more after I left. He was in full-out party mode

MiaSRN62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #37
ibela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr00vyChc View Post
GUILTY as charged.. I wanted to go, I planned to go.. but my body told me it needed sleep.. really I heard it But we had so much at the Spring Break Bash! LOVED the jello shots! I wish they offered more.. I should've written that on the comment card.. MORE JELLO SHOTS puhleeese

Love your trip report so far girl!

Gr00vyChc
Thanks! And you should have stayed a little longer at SBB - they brought out another round of jello shots and all I had to do for it was walk over and take 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaSRN62 View Post
Yet another meet I missed ? Sorry. I really wasn't even aware that we were supposed to have a meet at 80's Night and we were there ! Guess I was out of the loop..........
I only stayed about 20 min because I was feeling really tired after dinner. But my dh stayed at least an hour or more after I left. He was in full-out party mode
Aww, it was an informal meet. Maybe if you stayed later we would have seen each other. I didn't get selected for any contests.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #38
TrickTony
Earning My Ears

Hey there, Hi there, Ho there!!!

Just testing out the site, I am a Disney fan with faith, Hope, trust andpixie dust. My occupation is Magician so I do believe in magic. Every cruise with Disney is a wonderful adventure for my whole family. My wife and I have our time with the kids in the Oceaneers lab. We head off to Rockin Bar-D for live music,Dancing,the adult show and bingo the kids like to join us for that I like the activities for the kids in studio sea and the first run movies it's so much to do for everyone It really is a dream come true

Hope to see you real so on our next criuse You'll be Aboard

Gail Tony Tone'nae Will

Last edited by TrickTony; 10-18-2007 at 05:00 PM.
TrickTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #39
TrickTony
Earning My Ears

Hi there,

I was on the Sept. 29th sailing and I found out about disboard, thought I give it a try.
once I figure it out this could be fun. If you remember me it's OK just saying Hey there to my fellow cruisers

Tony aka : (California) A fun kinda Guy!!!

MAY ALL OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

TrickTony
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #40
ibela
DIS Veteran

Thursday Addendum

I forgot to mention: Thursday night was also Dessert Buffet night in Lumieres. There were 2 tables with a line going down each side. As we were moving down the line, there was a mountain of profiteroles in the middle surrounded by all the different cakes. I don’t like them and passed them by but this woman across from me (on the other line at the same table) asked out loud if those were for eating. I responded with, “they’re dessert and this is a dessert buffet so of course they’re for eating”. She looked unsure and remarked they were untouched, I pointed out so was the cake in front of me but I had no problem cutting the first slice. Point made I guess, and she then took 1 off (with a bit of a struggle). As soon as it hit her plate, a waiter rushed over to tell her they weren’t for eating and were for display only. Um, oops? Lesson learned: don’t eat the profiteroles at the dessert buffet. And a tip: eye the desserts and then help yourself to the chocolate fountain (there are both milk and white chocolate) – strawberries, pineapple, marshmallows, bananas all were super yum covered in chocolate. As for the other desserts, they all looked better than they tasted.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #41
ibela
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTony View Post
Hi there,

I was on the Sept. 29th sailing and I found out about disboard, thought I give it a try.
once I figure it out this could be fun. If you remember me it's OK just saying Hey there to my fellow cruisers

TrickTony
Hey Tony, I don't think anybody on the cruise has forgotten you! Btw- we chatted throughout the ship b/c we kept running into you guys. The last lunch day on the boat (I guess Thursday?) your kids sat with us at a big table in Topsiders.

Glad you found the DIS!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #42
Gr00vyChc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTony View Post
Hi there,

TrickTony
Hi Tony! Were the guy that they brought up on stage during the sail away party?????? When they said CALIFORNIA in the house.. My family was SCREAMING too!!! obviously we're from Cali

Nice to see you here Tony. I wanted to go up to you to say hey neighbor .. but you were always busy like a celebrity

Gr00vyChc

Gr00vyChc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #43
TrickTony
Earning My Ears

Hi There Neighbor,

Sorry, you should have said Hey I am just an orinary guy. I like being on the cruise and making friends. This site help me remember to time we shared. I can't wait till we do it again. I go on a lot of cruises, but there's none like Disney it's my favorite,from the people on board to the staff ,the shows it's all Magical. I try and go once every year. It's my dream come true and my wife help me live it all.

See you real soon!!!

Tony
Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 AM   #44
ibela
DIS Veteran

Friday, part 1 – Castaway Cay

Friday, part 1 – Castaway Cay

We woke up at about 8am and we were still en route to Castaway Cay, scheduled to arrive shortly. I remembered the DIS tip to order room service for breakfast the night before and wished that I had done it. Then I remembered that I had also read on the DIS that the afternoon would be the worst time for doing laundry, so we dropped ours off and headed down for breakfast. As we walked into Parrot Cay, we heard the announcement that we were docking. “Quick, let’s grab something to go so we can be one of the first off the ship and get a hammock!”, I say. Erik looked at me and said, “we’re on vacation, the beach will be there all day” and we ate s-l-o-w-l-y. He threw our clothes in the dryer and we FINALLY headed out to the beach. At 10:30 the beach was packed, it felt like we were the last ones off the ship. After a few photos, we took the tram to the family beach and walked quite a bit in search for chairs under an umbrella. We eventually found one and settled in.

The view from there:

Side note: It was Fallon’s first time at the beach and she absolutely loved it. Lesson learned here: I should’ve taken her to a beach over the summer to see if she’d like it or not. Had I known she’d enjoy it so much, I would’ve made some plans to travel to the beaches at ports – something to try for anyone traveling with kids for the first time. OK, back to the trip report.

The pools on the ship were heated to approximately 85 degrees and the ocean was just as warm, it was wonderful. We splashed about in the warm water and it was a great morning of just having fun. Cookies BBQ was fired up so we walked over for lunch. We took the table by the little DJ hut so we could have a good view of the character dance party. It was really cute.

After some soft serve ice cream (chocolate chip cookie dough and strawberry) we headed back to our little area. Fallon fell asleep and we relaxed with a konk cooler (yum). After some more swimming in the ocean (and a little bumming off of Christa's floaters, thanks!) and a quick look around at the souvenir shops, we headed back to the ship. On the way back I remembered that we never flew the kite I made the day before. I had also missed the second (and final) photo op with Captain Jack Sparrow which I had really wanted. We did, however, finally get a pic with Pluto for the first time all week (right as we boarded the ship). I tried to take some pictures from the verandah while waiting for the shower but it was too sunny so they came out bad. We were late leaving Castaway Cay due to 2 medical emergencies, hopefully both passengers are now long safe and sound.

When we came back to our room there was a small bag with a note hanging on the door. It was from the Flounders nursery staff. The card said that Tinkerbell had visited the Magic and noticed some socks were missing and so she brought Fallon a present – a 2 pair pack of Mickey socks. Totally unnecessary but how so sweet and thoughtful!

Coming up: our final dinner, packing, and our final Shutters visit?

Last edited by ibela; 10-24-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: added pics
Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 AM   #45
JDBlair
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibela View Post
We woke up at about 8am and we were still en route to Castaway Cay, scheduled to arrive shortly. I remembered the DIS tip to order room service for breakfast the night before and wished that I had done it.
We ordered room service for breakfast on Castaway Cay day and I am so thankful we did. When we saw the nightmare of people in the hallway - I can't imagine what the restuarants looked like!

Future runDisney races:
Dumbo Double Dare Challenge August 2014

Follow me as I train for these races!

Previous runDisney race recaps:
Princess Half February 2013
Tinker Bell Half January 2013
Disneyland Half 9-2-12
JDBlair is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: