Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #16
doombuggy
DIS Veteran

I haven't worked for a couple of weeks (i was off for my birthday), but if I recall from memory, there's the castle with Tink on top, Emporium, Cinema, Firehouse, Train station, train, Casey's & HM. There used to be a trolley, some park benches and light poles, but they have been gone since last year.

Jeannie, these pieces are all priced at $60 each. The smaller items were less, and I can't remember what the train cost. it was not the type of train that went on a track, but one that sat & looked pretty - the engine & 2 cars, I think. I don't think it's available anymore. Your best bet is to call the merchandise number that you see printed at the top of any receipt from our resort.

Disney*Dreamer, yes, Casey's Corner was part of the Disney Village series. A mod on the CM board was looking for it, and I was watching out shipments for quite awhile for her, and that was late last year. We have not received that piece back in stock in at least 1 year.

As the HM is new this year, I would assume that we would get this back in stock:

1974 - 1983 day trips to WDW*1992 WDW offsite *1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW offsite*1997 Polynesian*1998 DL PAC* 1999 DLH*2000 Port Orleans & Coronado*2001 WDW offsite*2002 DLH*2002 WDW Happy Haunts Ball*2003 Port Orleans/Riverside*2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball* 2004 Star Wars Weekends*moved to Orlando July 2004*2006 DLR * 2007 Pirates & Princess Party*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 DL GCH*2009 BLT *2009 AKV*2010 OKW*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL/Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani
doombuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:09 PM   #17
goofy370
was a wanna be, now a used to be

I just called Disney Merchandise and was told that the Haunted Mansion was discontinued. I am so upset, my mom collects these and that is the only one she is missing.

goofy370 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2007, 03:48 PM   #18
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I bought the train last week on ebay for $16 something with shipping and all. The benches and the light polls were on there too, but they were too expensive for their size.

I am not so crazy about the HM, it looks more decorated for Halloween than Chritsmas, and since it is a Christmas village, the pumpkins just won't fit in.

October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
SueEllen
Proud Iced Tea Snob
Laughs when thinking
Olga Tickaboomskya

Doombuggy--if you get more Haunted Mansion in can you let me know ASAP (either PM me or email me please)?

These are different than the Dept. 56 pieces. These are park exclusives (although a couple of years ago--2004 I believe--they had a few of the pieces in the Disney catalog and disneyshopping.com) I think that 2004 was the first year they had these.

Casey's Corner was retired in 2005.
I have all of the pieces of this collection other than Casey's Corner. (the one that has Carnation on it is the Disneyland piece and is different.)

The pieces are:

Emporium
City Hall
Firehouse
Train Station
Cinderella's Castle
Cinema
Casey's Corner

There are also some smaller pieces available (benches, light posts and something else I cannot recall.)

Sue Ellen
Old 11-02-2007, 01:39 PM   #20
dagr81
Earning My Ears

Hi, first post ...I'm so glad I found this board. I'm trying to complete this set for my wife for Christmas....if anyone knows where to find City Hall and the Cinema, please drop me a line.....and "me too" on the Haunted Mansion.

I called the shop today to order and the clerk said they may get more HM in, but were out of the Cinema -- the one my wife wants most (of course) LOL.

Also, does anyone have pictures of what these things should look like out of the box? I've seen pics of some for sale and it seems like the character in front is missing.

If anyone has other ideas or happens onto any of these, I'd be very grateful for any help!

Thanks,
Ross

Last edited by dagr81; 11-02-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: ...
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 01:41 PM   #21
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Ross,

I saw the Cinema on Ebay the other day for 79, can't remember the sellers name, but I searched Disney Christmas Village and it was down at the bottom in the list of items in Ebay stores.

I am still looking for City Hall too, with no luck.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 11-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #22
dagr81
Earning My Ears

Disney*Dreamer,

Thanks for the heads up, that's the one!! I'll let you know if I find City Hall.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #23
YESMan
Earning My Ears

I also collect this one. I'm shocked there isn't more info on the web regarding this village.

Does anyone know where I can get the Magic Kingdom Trolly that was offered last year? By the time we got to the World it was all gone.

Also the year this came back. In the Disney Catalog they showed a benches and garbage cans assessories. We've got the benches, but does anyone know if the garbage cans ever got released? If so any pictures or hitns where to get them.
YESMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:15 AM   #24
doombuggy
DIS Veteran

When I worked over the weekend, I noticed that we received more of the cinema and the fire station. Someone posted the mail order # for DDOC earlier in this thread. Please call if you are interested.

1974 - 1983 day trips to WDW*1992 WDW offsite *1994 Contemporary*1997 WDW offsite*1997 Polynesian*1998 DL PAC* 1999 DLH*2000 Port Orleans & Coronado*2001 WDW offsite*2002 DLH*2002 WDW Happy Haunts Ball*2003 Port Orleans/Riverside*2003 WDW Happy Haunts Ball* 2004 Star Wars Weekends*moved to Orlando July 2004*2006 DLR * 2007 Pirates & Princess Party*2007 DVBR*2007 OKW*2007 VWL*2008 DL GCH*2009 BLT *2009 AKV*2010 OKW*2010 DLP DLH*2011 BLT*2011 AKL/Kidani*2012 BWV*2014 Aulani
doombuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:00 AM   #25
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doombuggy View Post
When I worked over the weekend, I noticed that we received more of the cinema and the fire station. Someone posted the mail order # for DDOC earlier in this thread. Please call if you are interested.

Thanks for posting this, I am going to call today. I need to check and see if something I returned arrived back okay anyway. Thanks again!

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 11-06-2007, 11:16 AM   #26
dagr81
Earning My Ears

For those looking for the Haunted Mansion -- I called the mail order line to the store in Downtown Disney, and they have 6 of them (now 5).

Praying the Cinema on eBay is mint and still looking for the City Hall.

If anyone has a picture of what the Cinema looks like, please post or send me a pm.

Thanks,
Ross
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #27
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post
For those looking for the Haunted Mansion -- I called the mail order line to the store in Downtown Disney, and they have 6 of them (now 5).

If anyone has a picture of what the Cinema looks like, please post or send me a pm.

Thanks,
Ross

Thank you both so much, I just got off the phone and ordered both of them, so now they are down to 4 Haunted Mansions. Not sure how many firehouses, she didn't say.

I am still looking for City Hall too.

Oh, and the cinema pic on ebay is what it looks like. http://cgi.ebay.com/Disney-Christmas...QQcmdZViewItem

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 11-06-2007, 11:35 AM   #28
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post

Thanks,
Ross

Did you ask at the store if they have the cinema? She listed all they had, but I cannot remember what she said. I know she said the trian station, the emporium, and the castle, but I cannot remember what else.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 11-06-2007, 12:49 PM   #29
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

This village is beautiful! But what is with the pumpkins for the HM?? I mean, mabye they put them there so you could put it out for Halloween, but it's too bad they can't be removed for the holidays.. It will look weird with the other Winter items.. LOL But, it's still a great piece!

I would love to start and get one piece, but i don't know which!! Also, deciding if i should call, or take my chances and wait til i am in DTD in a couple weeks.. ??? Do they usally have at least one or two of the pieces in stock in the DTD store?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:15 PM   #30
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitsmama View Post
This village is beautiful! But what is with the pumpkins for the HM?? I mean, mabye they put them there so you could put it out for Halloween, but it's too bad they can't be removed for the holidays.. It will look weird with the other Winter items.. LOL But, it's still a great piece!

I would love to start and get one piece, but i don't know which!! Also, deciding if i should call, or take my chances and wait til i am in DTD in a couple weeks.. ??? Do they usally have at least one or two of the pieces in stock in the DTD store?

I would make sure and get what I wanted asap. We were there in Sept, and most of the pices that were available then are retired now. I have everything except Casey's Corner and City Hall, 2 that I wanted more than some others. They had City Hall in Sept, I which I had got it then. If I was buying one at a time, I would start with the castle, just because, IMO, it is the centerpiece, without it, the others don't make much sence. Otherwise, I would get a more hard to find one first, but I wouldn't wait, I would get it now. The Train Station and the Castle have been readily available, but, IMO, are the 2 must haves. The Emporium is really beautiful and would be a great one to start with also. Act while you can though, because the price is greatly inflated on Ebay.

October 18-25 at CSR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: