Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2007, 04:54 AM   #1
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

The WDW Girly Tour - Animal Kingdom

Right time to get a move on with this report! Welcome to the most relaxing day i have ever spent at Animal Kingdom I don't know how we did it and still saw as much as we did, but our day involved a lot of relaxing chilling time and it was heavenly
Despite our late night at Magic Kingdom the night before, we were up and ready at the bus stop just after 8 and got to AK in plenty of time for rope drop. As we had problems with carly's pass the night before we made a stop at guest relations to change her pass once more just to be on the safe side I tell you there is more pass drama to come! the crowds were starting to build but we got a good view at rope drop for the opening show

and we were ready for our adventure! priority was fastpasses for Everest and i left the other two to relax while i got these. The Everest chaos in the morning always makes me laugh as that line goes so far back, and i am proud to say i have never stood in it once. this girl is a fastpass devotee through and through So i get back to find the girls enjoying pastries and water, what a good idea! And we sat by the water for at least 20 minutes just enjoying the scenery and no crowds. i wanted to say peace and quiet except it really wasn't Some will know that near the entrance to kali River rapids is a the monkey temple, and they seemed really riled up this morning. the noise coming from them was almost comical, its as if they were trying to gather an audience lol. So here i am at 9:20 with fastpass in hand, chilling with a danish, very against my normal actions but so lovely.
As we were close by, we had a go on kali. Now I'm normally the one to get a drowning but this morning it was poor michelles turn. her back was SOAKED! Luckily it was an August morning. Moving round to Maharajah jungle Trek next.

The animals were out and about but they weren't the ones providing the most entertainment. Along the trail they have these animal experts to answer questions or give talks. So its about 9:40am, the start of the day right? We came across an expert who could only speak in monotone, and worse still as the trail was pretty deserted we were his only audience, enthusiasm gone, no facial expression, and we couldn't just walk away as this was for us, it would have been rude. Oh dear!
I'm thinking we must have done Everest next, only me and Michelle though, she needed a blow dry after kali and we were straight on and through. Love love this ride, and Bruce i want you to know that Michelle felt suitably guilty that she didn't get to ride this with you first, she did think of you as she stepped in the train and enjoyed the ride Sorry michelle, hugs!!
I had two requests from the shop for my kids, first was a yeti snow globe that i didn't know existed but Dean remembered from october and really wanted, sure enough I found it! the other was a cuddly yeti that can only be desribed as a snowball with eyes, for Charlie my youngest. see his brother bought one back and it has been war ever since over "Snowy". Thats two ticks for mum done
made our way back to the island for Its Tough To be A Bug. Which was so nice for me to be able to sit and enjoy this show finally without a scared child, or not getting to do it at all. I had not forgotten the bee sting and made sure to sit at the front of my seat. I did check with carly if she had a bad back and she couldn't figure out why i asked till after, hahahaha!
yay more characters:

the line wasn't too bad so carly hopped in to meet Stitch while i carried on eating my frozen chocolate covered banana yum!
Carrying on to camp Minnie Mickey now for the Lion King show, but we had time to kill so more characters:

So Goofy was here too but I was still mad at him from last night And now we sat, relaxed and listened to the guitar player while watching my fav characters playing with the people, before going in for the show. Aaahhh bliss camp minnie mickey is so quiet when shows are going on that i recommend coming down here for just that reason, the lines for mickey etc weren't bad at all.
Lion king was sensational as always, and tearing up moment for me when the birds fly around for Can You Feel The Love Tonight. carly loved the show and was so excited to see timon and Pumba.
Last stop was Africa. And on the way we saw:

DeVine!
Got some fastpasses for the safari....well we tried...yep carlys ticket does not want to co-operate, now heres something i have never seen before, the CM pulls out a master key for all the fastpass machines in the park and gives one to carly for the day! So theoretically she could have gone round collecting fastpasses all at the same time, but she would have had to wait for the fastpass window to ride, still very cool right? well it would have been except that was our last fastpass for the day
We bumped into someone else on our travels:

do you see the little baby bump on her

So heres my fav part of the day, we sat at the dawa bar, waiting for our fastpass and eating the snacks we had got from the fruit market by the safari. Fresh orange, pineapple, pretzels, cheese sauce, and a very yummy frozen pina colada for me from the bar. the african dancers were out and we sat and chilled yay!Told you today would be relaxing right?
Didn't want to move from here but it was time for the safari, and carly got to see her giraffes finally. Not my fav ride but the girls enjoyed it and i do love the baby animals, think there was an elephant and giraffe.
All done and time for a rest by 2:30, and wouldn't you know we get on the bus and the rain starts, think we have mickey magic on our side

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
carolfoy
One has Ones hat and One's orf...
and she's back with a vengeance!
looks like someones reads the crap we write then!

great report Hon, really loving it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Great report Claire
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Beth__WDW23/6/02
you can never mock anything until you have a try for yourself

Great report
Lovely pics and Aww at the ickle bump
Old 10-08-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
angel659
Have A Magical Day

That was an amazing day. Normally we are rushing around with the children against the crowds an absoloute nightmare of a time considering the walk ways are not that generous.

It was a really nice experience to walk around almost in a daze. Great report. Love reading these.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #6
Gillsfan
Earning My Ears

Excellent report Claire, sounds like a fantastic day.

Yeah, I cant wait to do Expedition Everest, no doubt about that, but you cant go to AK and miss out on the best ride, so no hard feelings from me. Sweet of her to think of me though.

Relaxing day at a park... is it really possible? Michelle assures me it is, but I cant see it will be when we return in Dec with our kids in tow eh!.
Gillsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:21 AM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

what a lovely relaxing day....and yet you managed to see so much

Last edited by natalielongstaff; 10-08-2007 at 10:49 AM.
natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

What a lovely day, and your pics are great too

Mandy

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:46 PM   #9
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Another lovely day and great photos, I havent managed to see Divine yet in all my trips?

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
KayleeUK
Still here.....

Great report
Old 10-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great report!
Old 10-08-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Sounds like a lovely day Claire
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

What a lovely day. Love the photos.

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:21 PM   #14
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

A very relaxing AK day. Very cool about the fastpass master key

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 05:52 AM   #15
wils
Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on her desktop !!??
Can't stop reading 'Lost' spoilers

Fab

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: