Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #1
hallie615
I'm a bad cook because I never had an Easy Bake Oven
On a mission to scrapbook even though I nearly failed art in grade, middle and high school!

Adult lunch ideas???

I started a new job about 1 month ago and I used to by my lunch at the hospital cafateria. It was good food and pretty cheap. At m y new job the food is so-so and not that cheap. I was hoping for any ideas that you guys may have on different ideas on what to bring for lunch. I do have access to a fridge,freezer, and microwave during the day. I am not the best of cooks, and I am not that picky. Thanks for the help.
9/2006 - Wilderness Lodge
9/2007 - Port Orleans River Side
2/2011 - Grand Floridian
11/2012 -Port Orleans River Side
10/2104 -Yacht Club
hallie615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #2
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

If you want something cold, I love to take leftover rotisserie chicken from the night before, shed it on a large flour tortilla, put shredded cheese, lots of romaine lettuce, and add some ranch dressing. It's like a salad all wrapped up!

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2007, 05:53 PM   #3
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Wraps

I think wraps are great.chicken, tuna, pork, even veggie, with cheese, peppers, lettuce tomato, maybe slice of bacon. A pickle. I pick up a small half lb of good cole slaw and take a portion each day. Pack grapes. Or at Sams they have frozen mellon. Salad with left over Chicken in it. Meatloaf the night beofre make a sandwhich. Chicken salad wrap, Pita pockets.
Soups, Sweet and sour chicken wieght watchers or other. Anything on sale.

If you eat Yogert, Manderine oranges 1 can goes two days.

I also like the frozen lean cusine meals. I just ordered the lunch bag. It is $9.99 Insulated and free shipping. They donate to the Susam Kormen fund for breast cancer too,

I am a big soup fan too..any sales I grab them.
dianne
Old 10-07-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
PartyOf5
Member of the Walt Disney World Moms Panel and Mickey Moms Club!

I agree with the Lean Cuisine's, soups, etc. If you get them on sale, they can be pretty cheap.

I also freeze yogurts. When I had to drive into work, I would throw one into my lunch every day. It doubled as an ice pack and by the time dessert came for lunch, it was a great treat.

I also buy diet soda on sale by the case and bring one in a day. Fresh fruit, veggies also. Sometimes crackers with laughing cow cheese.
PartyOf5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #5
KarenAylwood
It wouldn't be the holidays without Stove Top!
The dancing banana gets me every time...
I do have a secret squeel of joy
"Humps" has grown on me like a fungus

I will make soup or something else that makes a large amount (like chili) and pack it for lunches for a few days. I am one of those people that can eat the same thing a few days in a row though

I also take leftovers and make them into sandwiches. Just tonight I had a great pork sandwich from some leftovers DBF made the other night.

Tuna salad or egg salad- either alone, on a sandwich, on a wrap or on crackers.

Black beans on top of brown rice brought with small containers of sour cream, salsa and shredded cheese. Yum!

Lean cuisines are great but I'll only get them if they're on sale. I also keep two in the freezer at all times incase I'm running late and have nothing to throw together quick.

For sides I pack:
-cut up veggies w/ some sort of dressing (I put the dressing in those 1/2 cup gladware containers)
-yogurt
-dried fruit (as a dessert)
-jello cups (I make my own in those 1/2 cup gladwares)
-fruit cups (I got a good deal on a bunch at Target so I've got enough mandarin oranges and peaches to last me a while )
-peanuts
-pudding cups
-Triscuits
-mini muffins
Old 10-08-2007, 07:08 AM   #6
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

I am currently fascinated with the japanese inspired bento lunches/boxes,etc. just google 'bento' and the many ideas will pop up! yum!
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
Piglet843
DIS Veteran

I too was gonna say Wraps and Lean Cuisines.
Also - make it a point to make enough food for leftovers if you like to cook through the week. Or - if not - on a sunday evening cook something and put together a couple of days lunches with it.
I keep Campbells Select Soups in my desk drawer - those with some crackers are way more filling than just the small concentrated soups.
In my desk drawer I also have the Chow Mein Noodles in the ready to microwave container. The asian foods are becoming more lunch convenient...
Good Luck - hopefully you will get lots of ideas from here and find something to your liking!!
April 2009 - CSR - 4 Year Anniversary
October 2010 - CSR - Our First Food and Wine Festival
Piglet843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
Irin997
DIS Veteran

I keep snacks in my desk drawer, such as granola bars or peanut butter crackers.

For lunch, sometimes I'll bring lean cuisines, but I find that I get tired of them if I eat them for too long. More recently, I've been bringing my own cheese and lunch meat, toasting a bagel, and having a bagel sandwich.

I keep yogurt and canned fruit (easier) in the lunch room fridge for breakfast. I keep a container of cream cheese as well in case I want a bagel for breakfast. Plain refridgerated bagels are only $.97 at Target...

I'll also usually make a little bit extra for dinner and pack leftovers for lunch. It's just me and my daughter so there are often leftovers anyway.

Ramen noodles if my budget is super tight (can't beat a $.10 lunch) or if I'm freezing....more so now that winter is coming.

I'm with Karen....I can easily eat the same things many times in a row. Spagetti is one of my faves....so easy to make!
Irin997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #9
swilshire
DIS Veteran

When I don't have any leftovers, I also like the Campbell's Chunky Soups. I divide the can in half and put one bowl covered with saran wrap in the fridge for the following day.

Sheila
swilshire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: