Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #76
justanotherprincess
Earning My Ears

Great reviews! Can't wait to hear (and see) more!
justanotherprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:09 PM   #77
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone :D I'm trying to get them up as fast as I can churn 'em out

Thank you Brenda for dropping by! I love your Dining TRs - girl, you are sooo funny! I can't believe you are off to Disney World already, but I'm looking forward to your TRs when you get back Say Hi to Rickey Rouse for us... we're big Simpsons fans too

A few people have asked about the offsite reviews, so I might post them up after I'm done with the good stuff

You can check the menus on the DISBoards, but I'm more than sure there would be a child's menu. I never saw one, but I'm sure I've seen one on the boards. Cinderella features at Breakfast and Lunch in the Castle, Dinner is not a character meal, although you do get a photo with Cindy downstairs, and photos with Suzy and Perla upstairs and we had a great time

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2007, 01:45 PM   #78
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Biergarten, Germany

OK, Guess what? We were actually early for this one! We arrived at Biergarten around 20 minutes early. This calls for a celebration in itself! So since we were a bit early we went and pottered around in the Teddy Bear shop, admiring all the Steiffs in there. Failing to get Els to buy me a horribly expensive bear, still 10 minutes early we checked into Biergarten.

We were handed a beeper, but only waited around 5 minutes before being called. We waited for the rest of our table then took our seats. Our waiter introduced himself and he was very friendly, explaining everything about the place and the buffet. We placed our drinks order with him - Sprite for me and a Stein of beer for Els - and got up to hit the buffet.

There are 2 buffets side by side and they are one and the same - the selection was really good, lots of salads, lots of different types of sausage, then hot items, and desserts. When we returned, our drinks were waiting which is always good. Now I must apologise in advance for the pall in photos, but as we had another family sitting next to us I thought it was best not to freak them out too much - nevertheless I did get a sneaky few. Here is Els' plate and Monster beer:

You can see a selection of sausages on his plate, some leek and potato soup (which was absolutely delicious) and behind that out of view is some Schnitzel with Jager sauce. He absolutely loved the soup and the Jager sauce - which is really strange since he hates mushrooms! My Dad lived in Germany for 5 years whilst he was in the army, and he told us before we went that if there was Jagerschnitzel there to try it - and we're glad we did!

Here is my first plate:

In the centre is the leek and potato soup, which was truly yummy. Then clockwise from behind the bowl we have a piece of pork (good cut, very tender), carrots, a sausage, potatoes (much better than the ones at Boma!), Jagerschnitzel (I think the schnitzel was a bit overcooked, but it still truly was lovely), Tomato Salad (Never before have I said this about a salad and never again will I - very simple, but it really hit the spot! It was fantastic), then some more sausage varieties - all of which were good but some I liked better than others. Also behind the soup is a piece of pretzel bread This was soooo good in the soup!

We made polite conversation with the family on the table, they were really nice, a family from the States but the dad came from Cyprus - a popular holiday destination for Brits so we talked about that for a while.

We went up to get seconds but unfortunately I don't have a photo of these. I just got another bowl of soup, pretzel bread, tomato salad (lots!) and some thin dark sausages that tasted like pepperami (so good!). Els I think went for soup, schnitzel and sausage.

We had yet to conquer the desser section, so we went up to get just a bit since we were full up. Again I don't have photos, but let me tell you, all I remember off the dessert section was the Bavarian Cheesecake - it was reeeaaally good. It didn't really have a crust like normal cheesecake but it was so light it just melted in your mouth. Oh wait, Els just reminded me we both had Apple Strudel with Vanilla Cream and that was also VERY good!

Overall: An excellent buffet and we both really enjoyed this. It is probably more geared towards meat eaters, but there are plenty of salads and of course the soup, and the like if someone in the party doesn't eat meat. The food was very fresh and it was replenished often. It also made a very welcome change from burgers! Even buffet-hating Els enjoyed this one!

Ambience: It was a very fun atmosphere, and we caught the band onstage twice during our meal. I had read somewhere that the last show was 6.55pm but then we saw another one around 20-30 mins later. The guys are really talented at what they do and their Act was slightly different both times. They do try to get the diners to join in, and with the band, steins and amazing theming of this place - it really does feel as though you're in Munich!

Enjoying the Biergarten!

H RATING: 9/10
E RATING: 9/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Definately, it's the only buffet down on our 'repeats' list for next year and we're really looking forward!

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Old 10-09-2007, 03:13 PM   #79
Phedre
I only like to blink while the road is fully paved and bright!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do these reviews. I'm really enjoying them!! :D

82 off-site * Mar 86 CR * Apr 87 Poly * Dec 87 Poly * Mar 89 CBR * Dec 90 CBR * Mar 93 CBR * Mar 94 PO * Apr 95 ASMu * Nov 95 CBR * Mar 96 WL * Dec 97 CBR * Jan 00 off-site * Feb 00 All Stars * 2000 College Program * Mar 00 CSR * May 00 DI * Dec 00 off-site * July 02 BC Conc. * Nov 02 Poly Conc. * Mar 03 CBR * Aug 03 ASSports * Oct 03 CBR * Dec 03 CBR * Apr 04 off-site * Oct 04 Pop * May 05 FW Cabin * Oct 05 Poly * Jan 06 AKL * May 06 CR * Oct 06 POR * Oct 07 AKV (TR here) * Jan 08 AKV - 1/2 Marathon 3:08 (TR here)* May 08 BCV (DH's TR here) * Oct 08 AKV/OKW * Oct 09 BCV * May 10 AKV * Oct 10 DCL/BLT * Dec 10 AKV/OKW/CBR (yup, split stay 3 way, lol)* Feb 11 BWV * May 11 BLT * Oct 11 BCV * Jan 12 AKV *
***Next Up - May 12 SSR ***
Phedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:18 PM   #80
willis37862
Captain Jack is still my fave JD character
My drool bucket over runth
Stalking pirate

Loving your dining reviews and pictures. Thank you for sharing

They can't hit ya ~ Bob Varley
Nichole
willis37862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM   #81
pixe*dst
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying your reviews. Thanks for sharing all of your experiences & the great pictures!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 AM   #82
CriminyCrafft
Mouseketeer

AWESOME dining reviews and pics! I agree that you guys are completely adorable. You look so happy in every photo!
CriminyCrafft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 09:46 AM   #83
Tortuga Joy
Mouseketeer

Great reviews and can't wait for more . I agree with the others, you and DBF are a great looking couple and I love your sense of humor!

Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM   #84
Treacle44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
Thanks guys! I will have to tell DBF that you guys say we are a cute couple (I'm sorry I'm not multiquoting and replying to you individually but the smilies on the 'go advanced' page really slow my laptop down!)

Please don't be worried about Boma, I am glad I tried it and there is plenty to eat there... even if you don't like the African things, there are plenty of great meats, soups and lots of dessert - which is basically what I ate and I was full up! You might even love it! Different strokes for different folks and all that. But I am so jealous you get to be there in 2 weeks!

Figaro Fries - they had cheese, bacon bits, lettuce and tomato on, and I also thought they had sour cream on but I might be wrong
Ooh yum, will try some of those then, thanks hun!

x

April 2009 - Back to Pop!
November 2007 - 3 weeks at WDW - VWL, BCV & home to SSR

May 2006 - Pop Century
Treacle44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:17 AM   #85
dmja716
Mouseketeer

Loving your report.
Thank you for sharing
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #86
adaygaby
DIS Veteran

GREAT REVIEWS!
11/2006 CSR
05/1995 All-Star Music (HS Senior Trip)

adaygaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:50 AM   #87
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Oh I love your reviews, we are going to many of the same TS meals when we go! I can't wait. Keep them coming please.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

lisaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 03:17 PM   #88
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

I haven't abandoned you guys I promise! Real life has caught up and it's been HECTIC!! I promise I will have a new TR up soon

Old 10-13-2007, 04:42 PM   #89
MissMagnolia
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the reviews. The pictures really add to the review. Thanks for writing them!

Past DL visits & Past Off-Site WDW Visits:
Disneyland, CA x3, WDW - Embassy Suites x2, WDW - rental home
Past On-Site WDW Visits:
All-Star Movies x2, Caribbean Beach Resort , Pop Century , Beach Club , All-Star Sports , Polynesian , Upcoming: Port Orleans-Riverside

MissMagnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:57 PM   #90
scheddj
Take that Tag Fairy - I made my own!!

I love this! Your writing style is fantastic. I was feeling kind of bummed that the only restaurant I could book for Thanksgiving was the Biergarten. Now I'm glad we're going there. Thank-you so much and keep up the good work.
scheddj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: