Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #241
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbuxt View Post
There wasn't much queues here when we came in

Hya

You're studying to be a teacher right ? Just kiddin', reviews are ace!

By the way, menue HAS changed at 'OHana ...but not sure you'll be happy - no wontons anymore and no sausage.

Rich
x
Argh!! That's appaulling - I didn't notice that! I must have been really tired when I wrote that, I hate it when I see grammar like that But I am studying a Ph.D in Law at the moment (however you are kinda right, I teach Contract Law and Tort to undergrads)... but when I have Dr in front of my name, I'm allowed to be wrong I'm 2nd language English, that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it

Disney Wedding ~ 11th Aug 2010 ~ WP/Sonoma/Napa/Whitehall DP

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts
Eeyore's Tailfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:17 AM   #242
starwarsdisney
Is it time to go back to Disney World yet?

Because of your reviews I got up early this morning and finished booking our TS meals. I was even able to score dinner 1 night at LeCeillar (I think I spelled it wrong). We were up in the air on this one, but after your review I glad we got it. It was the only available time for the whole time we are at WDW. I"m told it's hard to get in, so we must have had some luck on our side today.

Since we've been married
WDW FL: 2003 (offsite), 2008 (CSR), 2009 (CSR), 2011 (CSR), 2012 (CSR)
DL CA: 2013 (DLH)

Cruises
Disney Dream: 2011
Disney Magic: 2012
Disney Fantasy: 2014
starwarsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2008, 02:22 PM   #243
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Tony's Town Square

To be honest, we had been a bit back and forth about this ADR. It hadn't had very good reviews on the DIS so I was a bit worried, but I wanted an ADR in MK since we were going to the PPP. We'd done CRT, were going to have breakfast the next day in CP, and didn't fancy LTT much... so Tony's it was - and I kind of liked the idea of the Lady and the Tramp there.

We didn't have to wait at all when we got there, and we were sat down in a cute booth, with a pretty friendly waiter. We ordered our usual 2 Sprites, then settled down to wait for our food.

Els had ordered the Minestrone Soup, which he gets as a starter in nearly every Italian we go:

He thought the soup was really good!

I ordered the Tomato and Mozzarella Salad:

This was REALLY good - the best version of this I've ever had. Perfect amount of mozzarella to tomatoes, and perfect amount of tasty dressing... the red onions set it off perfectly. Very good and very fresh!

Oh, I almost forgot the bread!

We were given this lovely fresh bread and some kind of dipping sauce which was very good!

We both ordered the NY Strip steak:

Now filet is my favourite steak, because you can almost be guaranteed there will be no fat on it at all, but this steak was really good! I admit, neither of us liked the butter which had some type of nut in it, but I think they've changed this now. Everything else was really good and we both enjoyed it!!

For dessert Els ordered his old faithful, Tiramisu:

He enjoyed this like he always enjoys Tiramisu!

I had no idea what to have since I don't like Tiramisu and I didn't fancy Gelato. I really wanted some cheesecake, and despite it being Amaretto (which I don't like) Cheesecake, I took it anyway!

And you know what? It was kinda good! It would have been awesome if I liked amaretto!! The cheesecake itself was really fluffy, and I ate it all despite not liking amaretto You got a good portion too - three pieces!!

ATMOSPHERE: To be honest, I didn't take much notice of the restaurant itself since we were going to the Pirate and Princess that night and one heck of a storm was brewing up outside...I was so worried that PPP would be ruined. But of what I remember, it was really cute!

A waterlogged me!

OVERALL: We were pleasantly surprised by Tony's! The food, which might not be authentic Italian food, is still good and tasty and worth a visit!

H RATING: 7.5/10
E RATING: 8/10
WOULD WE EAT HERE AGAIN? Yes! We're looking forward to it! And we get to make that reservation on 23rd Feb!!! YAY!

Nov 1999 - DLRP (Offsite) Jan 2006 - DLRP (Magic Circus) Jan 2007 - DLRP (DreamCastle) Aug 2007 - WDW (21 Nights: Sheraton Studio City, Universal's RPR, ASMo) Jan 2008 - DLRP (Hotel Santa Fe) Aug 2008 - WDW (21 Nights: POFQ & POLY CL) & 4-Night Bahamian DCL (Disney Wonder) June 2009 - Cheeky Trip Offsite (10 Nights: Wedding Site Visit) Aug 2010 - Our WDW Wedding & Honeymoon (23 Nights: Wilderness Lodge, Grand Floridian RPC MKV, Sheraton Four Points Sinatra Suite, Universal RPR, 4-Night Bahamian Disney Wonder, AKL CL SV & Contemporary CL MKV) May 2011 - Last Minute Early Anniversary & DH B'day Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Jan 2013 - Last Minute Birthday Trip (14 Nights: Pop Century) Sept 2014 - Trip with Friends (24 Nights: Fairfield Suites Seaworld, Universal RPR, Westgate Palace, Old Key West, 5 days Atlanta, Art of Animation)

DINING REPORTS: Aug 07: We Ate WDW COMPLETED! Aug 08:Don't Tell Me How To Eat Donuts

Last edited by Eeyore's Tailfinder; 02-05-2008 at 02:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM   #244
Wilsonfamily4
DIS Veteran

i am so glad you liked it. I have been back and forth in this one but really want to do a lady and the Tramp themed restaurant. I may go just because of your review.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:21 AM   #245
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

I have never really thought to try Tony's but it sounds really nice.

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:44 AM   #246
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

It's nice to hear a good review of Tony's for a change, your cheesecake does look good pity about the amaretto though
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:23 AM   #247
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Yes just love your reviews , I willdefinately be looking at Tony's in the future thanks to your review!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:14 AM   #248
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys

I swear if that cheesecake would have been vanilla it would have been one of the best cheesecakes! Definitely one to try if you like amaretto.... or not, if like me

Old 02-06-2008, 10:18 AM   #249
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

wonderful review, great to read, thanx for sharing
MousekaMaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #250
luna99
Oh great. Now we've got a yeti. - Jamie from Mythbusters I Believe in naps! - Bawb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore's Tailfinder View Post
Next up, Sci-Fi Dine In Theater. I had really wanted to eat here because I thought the restaurant was so cool! But, I had heard a lot of bad reviews, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to waste a TS credit here.

Els got the Angus Chuck Burger, and a Strawberry Shake for a drink:

He thought the burger was really good, and he said the milkshake was one of the best he's ever had. I think he really lucked out with his meal compared to other reports!
I know this is really late and I'm just now finding your trip report (which is amazing by the way!!) but I wanted to tell you that I LOVE the Sci Fi Diner mostly for the ambiance and THE BURGERS!! I don't know what it is but I think they have the best hamburgers on disney property!! Everytime I go here I have to order a burger.. I've heard the shakes are great too.... so don't give up on this restaurant.. just go and order a burger!!!

great report, I"m loving it!!! Thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #251
SINYMom
Mouseketeer

Great Reviews, finally got to the last page and,

I'm waiting for more! Your reviews are great and I love the pictures of the food.

We are headng back home in August as well but only for a 1/3 of the time you will be there, lucky girl.

We've eaten in many of the places that you reviewed and love Le Cellier, it's an annual tradition for us to try to get in. Last year we only got a lunch reservation so I'm waiting on my 180 day window.

As for Ohana, I'm glad we haven't tried it and, won't put it on the list for this year. We do however, love Kona Cafe, maybe you should give that place a try this year. It's one we are planning to hit again this year.

I'm heading over to your trip report now as I expect that will be as entertaining as your dining reviews.

Would love to hear about DLRP and Venice.

SINYMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 AM   #252
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Tony's does sound pretty good - that steak looked lovely. Not sure about the butter though.
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:52 AM   #253
Tink2312
I didn't ask to be a princess but if the crown fits...
May take over the world ... or not

Hi Haley,
the reviews are going great guns! Just starting to upload my photos in preparation for putting my first TR together. Just realised when I was looking through your Ohana review that we had that same table when we went! We enjoyed the food and we'll go again next holiday, but definitely won't accept that table!!! I do think though that watching the MVMCP fireworks from a lounger on the Poly beach made up for it!
Hope you enjoyed DLRP for your birthday - we're looking at going later this year - fingers crossed (and perhaps some pixie dust!!).
Good luck with the rest of the TR
Catherine
Easter 1992 - Holiday Inn I-Drive/ Hilton St. Pete’s Beach, June 1993 - Doubletree Universal/ Hilton Clearwater, Easter 1995 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive,Halloween 1995 - DLP offsite, Easter 1997 - Quality Inn Plaza I-Drive, Easter 2000 - Doubletree Universal, Christmas 2000 - Courtyard by Marriot DTD/ Tradewinds Island Grande St Pete’s Beach/ Holiday Inn Universal Halloween 2001 - Cheyenne DLP, Easter 2002 - CBM DTD/ Clearwater Beach Hotel, July 2003 - Newport Bay DLP Jan 2004 - Cypress Pointe, Easter 2005 - Hawthorn Suites LBV/ Bahama Bay, July 2006 - Newport Bay DLP Christmas2006- Springhill Suites LBV, Thanksgiving 2007 - Buena Vista Palace/ Park Shore Naples/ Pop/ CSR, March/ April 2009 - Pop/ CSR/ Blue Heron Beach Resort Nov 2009 - SSR and free dining Oct 2010 - SSR and free DDP March 2011 - Solo trip to BLT Sept 2011 - DLRP Christmas/ New Year 2011 - BLT/AKV/WLV Nov 2012 - BLT/Dream 4 night Bahamas Cruise June 2013 -Magic Mediterranean 7 night cruise November 2013 - BLT February 2014 - DLP solo October 2014 - ASM, BLT & BC
Tink2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #254
Eeyore's Tailfinder
DIS Veteran

Thanks once again for the comments

We've decided to give Sci-Fi another try We're both going to order burgers and milkshakes this time! I'm quite looking forward to going back!

We did do Kona on our last night which we loved! It was our favourite meal! And hopefully that review will be up sooner rather than later!

Old 02-08-2008, 06:35 PM   #255
sheri4641
Earning My Ears

Princess H ... we are leaving in a few days and we booked our trip last minute so we haven't been able to get alot of the TS (I) wanted... looking over your review I am very excited to get there. Thank you so much for the time you put in this.... going with my grumpy DH and beautiful DD's 6 and 3.... did you mention Hollywood and Vine or Rainforest?? Thanks again, gonna run and see if I can get into SCI-Fi and Tony's Town Square last minute!!
Again, thanks!

JC2smom

Port Orleans November 2009
WL February 2008

sheri4641 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: