Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2008, 04:19 PM   #1
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Short reviews for a short honeymoon

We were there Sept 18-21st

Ohana-normally a must do for me, the service was great, food was so so. Meats were dry, sticky wings bland. Did enjoy the veggies noodles (that I was set to hate but loved) and the dumplings. Sadly even the bread pudding tasted bland. Had the Lapu Lapu OMG was this strong, I had to order an extra glass of pinapple juice to dilute it. LOL

San Angel- Service was HORRIBLE! Waited for an hour to get a table. when DH noticed several open tables and asked hostess about it she actually got very NASTY with him, said we were a party of 2 and woulnt sit us at a 4 person table although we noticed several two parties at 4 ppl tables. Food was bland, no rice, no beans, no potatoes offered on our entrees I had the Pollo Rojas it was chicken, onions and bell peppers nothing else, DH had the steak tips it was steak tips in sauce on two tortilla nothing else, we skipped dessert since we waited sooo long for anyone to come give us some service. I had a pina colada DH had a mango margareta, they were ok. We complained to Guest Services and were given two park hopper tickets

Coral Reef-Best meal of the trip, had the personalized menus and diver DH was so touched he got teary eyed and the restaurant applauded it was a wonderful moment. I had the lobste salad and soup it was sooo good! DH had the steak and roasted potatos he loved it, we ate two loaves of the bread. I had the chocolate wave he had the bailys mousse and afterwards our waiter gave us complimentary chamapagne. Oh and the Octupus Juice is too die for its a pina colada made with chambord! We had two of those.

Boma-great breakfast, we ate till we were sick, we had oatmeal, ham and cheese omlete, croissants, french toast and sausage and bacon, our server brought us a congrats card signed by all the servers and a tray with strawberries and blueberries and zebra domes and Happy Honeymoon was written on it in chocolate. Very nice.

We at at Pecohs Bills, I had the burger and added a bunch of toppings and had cheese sauce with my fries DH had a taco salad which he also added several toppings too and we asked for the kids chocolate pudding.

Earl of Sandwhich-we had the club, the original, and they were really really good, noticed they are off DDP for 2009 which is a shame!

Main St Bakery- shared cinnamon roll and french loaf oh Im craving them now and they were HUGE
DH also came back for an ice cream cookie sandwhich together we couldnt even finish it.

Starring Rolls bakery shared chocolate croissant and cinnamon roll the roll wasnt half as big or as good as Main St.

Wolf Gang Puck Express-we shared a BBQ chicken quesdilla always my fave DH ate it for the first time and loved it!

We tried Figaro fries they were great but I waited 30 min for them around 7:30 at night.

Had the hummus in Morroco with pita chips very good tho they wouldnt allow me to have them on a snack credit so I paid the $2 for it gladly

We made treats to bring the kids home at Goofys with snack credits WOW they were amazing but I noticed they also are off 2009 DDP super bummer!

I didnt get any pics b/c DH was snapping pics of everything else! LOL
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
luvpooh
oh bother!

thanks for your reviews, and CONGRATS!
luvpooh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: