Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #106
pamrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
the renting points thing is so awesome! DH and i are going back in april and we rented points for SSR....5 nights for $650! you can't beat it! have a magical time on your trip!!!

as far as where to watch the parade and wishes.....i've only been there twice so i'm no expert. we watched spectro AND the afternoon parade from liberty square near LTT. it's less crowded.

We just rented points and I agree it's the way to go. We got three nights at SSR for $300. What a beautiful resort, I think you'll really enjoy it.

We have also watched the parades near the same area. We found it to be a good spot. If you get a spot right in front of the eating area of the restaurant no one can get behind you and inadverently get in front of you!
2007 - WDW, Saratoga Springs
2009 - DCL, Magic
2011 - WDW, Pop Century

September 2007 - Mommy & Me Mini-Vacation to WDW - Trip report (it's finally complete!)
Check out the pictures from Expedition Everest!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post21175511

September 2007 - DH & I's first vacation alone in ten years - trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1579358
Old 10-12-2007, 11:46 PM   #107
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Loved the update,Dawn. The videos are great.We watched it from the same spot you did-it was perfect.looking forward to more....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2007, 07:38 AM   #108
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
I am happy that the freaky Spectro men are no longer wearing the lite up mask like last year...

Do I write the longest reply posts? Geesh! I enjoyed this one! Have a great day, Dawn!
I was just going to thank dawn for posting the clip of the parade so I could show DH. I was super bummed the spacemen WEREN'T wearing the masks... I don't like them now!!! I think they are creepier with the makeup!!!! I will have to see what DH thinks when he wakes up.

Thanks again for the Spectro. clips Dawn! I love the music. Only 10 more months for me.

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 AM   #109
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Great videos!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:45 PM   #110
timandlesley
The tag fairy may not but the Tag Genie does!!!

Love the update, so glad you got to see Spectro, I agree it's the best. Loved the video of Erin and how exhausted you guys were! Also loved the video of Tink flying, having never seen Wishes (gasp- something I planon changing this year) that was incredible to see. Can't wait for more!
Lesley

ALL NEW"Keep Moving Forward" TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2907120
DISNEY DREAM/AKL CONCIERGE JUNE 2011 TRIP REPORT "TimandLesley's If The Boat's A Rockin' Don't Come A...........TR with TONS of pics and video!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2752980
Nov. 2010 Adults Only TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2601328
"SUM OF OUR THRILLS" June 2010 TR:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2497427
ALL GIRLS TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2454788
Tim's Disapalooza guys only TR:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2362085
First Times TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34183633&posted=1#post34183633
18 DAYS IN DISNEY!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224335
Read my blog: www.livinglifeaslesley.blogspot.com
Old 10-13-2007, 01:36 PM   #111
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

I loved the video of tink! U are too cute. I never saw her fly in WDW since we usually see Wishes from the poly..and when we were in DL in June I saw her for the first time and cried! I am SO not missing her in WDW this time!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 10-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #112
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing your DISmeet....how exciting! Spectro is a wonderful parade......glad you got to see it. We try to watch it from the same place you experienced it.....the views are great! AND...I'm glad to hear that you finally got to see Tink fly!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #113
becky_AK
DIS Veteran

Just read your TR. Sounds like you & Erin had a blast. I'm bummed I missed Spectro... I was there for 2 weeks & somehow we seemed to miss it every time! LOL

Glad you had a good time though & I look forward to reading more
Old 10-13-2007, 07:01 PM   #114
whiterocky77
Earning My Ears

It's Erin

So it is finally time for me to say HIIII!!! I just want to say that thanks to my friend Dawn I got to see the most magical place on Earth. I had the best time. The spectro video I was wiped. But all I could think was I want more more more. My body was not agreeing with my mind at this point. And I am planning a trip for Disney in 2008 but after talking to Dawn the other night I think that me, my mom, stepdad, and niece are going to Disney in December of 2008. My niece, KJ's birthday is in February she will be 10. So I am going to give her a birthday card and put something in there to let her know that we are going in December.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:06 PM   #115
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterocky77 View Post
So it is finally time for me to say HIIII!!! I just want to say that thanks to my friend Dawn I got to see the most magical place on Earth. I had the best time. The spectro video I was wiped. But all I could think was I want more more more. My body was not agreeing with my mind at this point. And I am planning a trip for Disney in 2008 but after talking to Dawn the other night I think that me, my mom, stepdad, and niece are going to Disney in December of 2008. My niece, KJ's birthday is in February she will be 10. So I am going to give her a birthday card and put something in there to let her know that we are going in December.
Looks like all three of us will be there in Dec of 08 Erin!! (It's Tara )

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Old 10-13-2007, 11:39 PM   #116
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrob View Post
We just rented points and I agree it's the way to go. We got three nights at SSR for $300. What a beautiful resort, I think you'll really enjoy it.

We have also watched the parades near the same area. We found it to be a good spot. If you get a spot right in front of the eating area of the restaurant no one can get behind you and inadverently get in front of you!
i think we will, too! walking distance to DTD (if we get congress park like we hope) for shopping? count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Loved the update,Dawn. The videos are great.We watched it from the same spot you did-it was perfect.looking forward to more....
thanks! yes, that spot is perfect. i think spectro is always crowded but i'm sure main street is CRAZY compared to liberty square!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
I was just going to thank dawn for posting the clip of the parade so I could show DH. I was super bummed the spacemen WEREN'T wearing the masks... I don't like them now!!! I think they are creepier with the makeup!!!! I will have to see what DH thinks when he wakes up.

Thanks again for the Spectro. clips Dawn! I love the music. Only 10 more months for me.
i think they're creepy either way, but nothing that i can't watch. i do love the way they move to the music when they blow the horns on the first float! oh, and about those 10 months.....they'll fly by! you'll be taking care of a little one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Great videos!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandlesley View Post
Love the update, so glad you got to see Spectro, I agree it's the best. Loved the video of Erin and how exhausted you guys were! Also loved the video of Tink flying, having never seen Wishes (gasp- something I planon changing this year) that was incredible to see. Can't wait for more!
Lesley
you guys have got to see wishes for sure next time! the kids will LOVE it! especially if you get on the hub near tomorrowland and get a good view of tink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I loved the video of tink! U are too cute. I never saw her fly in WDW since we usually see Wishes from the poly..and when we were in DL in June I saw her for the first time and cried! I am SO not missing her in WDW this time!
it's definitely an experience to remember!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Thanks for sharing your DISmeet....how exciting! Spectro is a wonderful parade......glad you got to see it. We try to watch it from the same place you experienced it.....the views are great! AND...I'm glad to hear that you finally got to see Tink fly!
that dis meet was sorta planned. melinda is on my weight loss thread here on the DIS and we had kinda talked about meeting for spectro before our trip. i was so thrilled to meet her...she's such a sweetie! i'm glad i got to see tink fly, too. if i hadn't, i don't know how erin and tara would've dealt with me for the rest of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky_AK View Post
Just read your TR. Sounds like you & Erin had a blast. I'm bummed I missed Spectro... I was there for 2 weeks & somehow we seemed to miss it every time! LOL

Glad you had a good time though & I look forward to reading more
it gives you an excuse to go back soon!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 PM   #117
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterocky77 View Post
ladies and gentlemen......it's erin!!!! i'm proud to say that her first post on the DIS was on my TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Looks like all three of us will be there in Dec of 08 Erin!! (It's Tara )
mine is a very tentative trip! DH and i want our next two trips (after april) to be christmas and halloween. and it make sense to me to go for christmas in 2008 since that will be 7 months after our april trip.....that's a long enough break, right??? but we'll probably be there before you.....we're going either the first or second week of december (if we go!).
Old 10-14-2007, 09:36 AM   #118
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

Freshly subscribed! I'm only on page 1 but am onboard cause I am on a girls trip for 3 days next June!

2007 CBR
2008 AKL and DCL Wonder

2010 DCL Wonder

Upcoming 2015 DCL 5 night Wonder

Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM   #119
whiterocky77
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
ladies and gentlemen......it's erin!!!! i'm proud to say that her first post on the DIS was on my TR!

mine is a very tentative trip! DH and i want our next two trips (after april) to be christmas and halloween. and it make sense to me to go for christmas in 2008 since that will be 7 months after our april trip.....that's a long enough break, right??? but we'll probably be there before you.....we're going either the first or second week of december (if we go!).
tara I am starting to think that dec. 08 is to far away but maybe after I start planning it won't seem so far away.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #120
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Great installment! Patiently waiting for more..............
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century
*Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014: Pop Century >>>Completed my 1st RunDisney Race: The Tower of Terror 10 miler <<<

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: