Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2007, 09:36 PM   #61
pamrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post

Just a few other observations....

If there were frozen adult beverages sold at the TTA station, I would stay on that ride all day! I love it! Sidenote: I rode by myself while the kids used some SM FPs and I actually saw them getting in their rockets when I went through SM! That was cool!
Oh, I think you're on to something. I could enjoy that ride. That's cool you saw your kids, what are the chances of that happening again?
2007 - WDW, Saratoga Springs
2009 - DCL, Magic
2011 - WDW, Pop Century

September 2007 - Mommy & Me Mini-Vacation to WDW - Trip report (it's finally complete!)
Check out the pictures from Expedition Everest!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post21175511

September 2007 - DH & I's first vacation alone in ten years - trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1579358

Last edited by pamrob; 10-06-2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: stupid typo.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 PM   #62
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
erin or tara (i can't remember which) said really loudly, "didn't that guy say not to take flash pictures? hmmmmmmm.......i could've sworn i heard him say that." she just kept flashing though.
That's kinda like the people who stop in the middle of the row, ignoring the instructions to go all the way to the end! We just climb over them and keep on goin!

Quote:
we met tara and decided to take a ride on the TTA. i had never done this before!
DAWN! You hadn't done the people mover yet?! Glad you like it though!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #63
princessjv
DIS Veteran

Dawn...yes, many other countries do not have the concept of queuing . In fact...I have friends who have visited some of the 'other' Disney Parks (outside of the US) and have come home disappointed about how other cultures push and shove to get to the characters. Lets just hope that the people you encountered where just confused about how queuing works here.

$900 for a Mickey watch After you left, did you want the watch you saw?

Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 AM   #64
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

That's why even though I'm only about 2 hours from DLParis I don't want to go

Sounds like a great day, love what Erin said on POC and so pleased the little kid quietened down!!!!

Melinda how cool you got to see your kids get on SM and can I assume you were at CP?
Old 10-07-2007, 07:43 AM   #65
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Melinda how cool you got to see your kids get on SM and can I assume you were at CP?
Nope...I was at Kona...

Last edited by lexmelinda; 10-07-2007 at 07:44 AM. Reason: I'll let Dawn fill in the rest....
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 AM   #66
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Never mind, but hey that's a great photo
Old 10-07-2007, 03:18 PM   #67
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
those are called my "redneck pictures," meaning that i can't afford to buy the actual print, so i take a picture of the screen. i'm not the only one though....it's apparently common. i did it right in front of the CMs' faces and they never said anything!
We "rednecked" all of our ride pictures! At the Buzz ride, the CM even gave us tips on how to get it to turn out better! She said to turn off the flash. It worked!

Denise

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 10-07-2007, 03:22 PM   #68
pamrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post

We "rednecked" all of our ride pictures! At the Buzz ride, the CM even gave us tips on how to get it to turn out better! She said to turn off the flash. It worked!

Denise
Darn, I wished I had learned about this redneck stuff a few months ago!
2007 - WDW, Saratoga Springs
2009 - DCL, Magic
2011 - WDW, Pop Century

September 2007 - Mommy & Me Mini-Vacation to WDW - Trip report (it's finally complete!)
Check out the pictures from Expedition Everest!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post21175511

September 2007 - DH & I's first vacation alone in ten years - trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1579358
Old 10-07-2007, 04:42 PM   #69
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
Love your pictures. The bridal shower pics and Luke are just great.
thanks! i pictures....obviously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
That's kinda like the people who stop in the middle of the row, ignoring the instructions to go all the way to the end! We just climb over them and keep on goin!

DAWN! You hadn't done the people mover yet?! Glad you like it though!
what a great idea! i'm so doing that next time. just walk right past them. i hate that they don't keep going. it's usually a 3-D show.....there aren't any bad seats, people!!!

i already told you about the situation with the TTA on your TR. it's a must- do for me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Dawn...yes, many other countries do not have the concept of queuing . In fact...I have friends who have visited some of the 'other' Disney Parks (outside of the US) and have come home disappointed about how other cultures push and shove to get to the characters. Lets just hope that the people you encountered where just confused about how queuing works here.

$900 for a Mickey watch After you left, did you want the watch you saw?
ugh.....makes me not want to go to DLP now! i don't do well with rude people and pushing and such. evil dawn comes out and she's not pretty.

nope, didn't even think twice about it. i don't mind spending $75 on a watch, but i have to really want it and i just didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
That's why even though I'm only about 2 hours from DLParis I don't want to go

Sounds like a great day, love what Erin said on POC and so pleased the little kid quietened down!!!!
i agree! i can't deal with pushy crowds!!!!! erin's a hoot....that's why i love her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post

Denise
wow......what a great CM! i think i always turn my flash off, but sometimes i forget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamrob View Post
Darn, I wished I had learned about this redneck stuff a few months ago!
something to look forward to for next time! i always have my camera out and ready before i even get off the rides now!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:03 PM   #70
jess98ac
DIS Veteran

All caught up, great TR so far. I was thinking today that I hadn't read anything in a while, and then I realized that I was still only sub'd to your preTR!!!

1986-1996 4 trips all offsite; 1997 All Star Sports; 1999 offsite again; 2001 Disneyland CA; 2002 one day at Epcot; 2003 Westgage Vacation Villas; 2005 offsite (last hooorah has a bachelorette!);2006 Pop Century; 2007 POR; 2009 OKW; 2011 Westgate Vacation Villages; 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort
Old 10-07-2007, 05:48 PM   #71
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess98ac View Post
All caught up, great TR so far. I was thinking today that I hadn't read anything in a while, and then I realized that I was still only sub'd to your preTR!!!
i do that all the time!

just wanted to let you guys know that i started my pre-TR for our april 2008 trip. a bit premature....i know! i don't care though! the link is in my signature.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #72
LISAMWDW
DIS Veteran

Great update!
**2010 DISNEYLAND
2011-ROSEN SHINGLE CREEK**2014-CORONADO SPRINGS & DISNEYLAND

Old 10-08-2007, 01:15 PM   #73
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I was very hesitant when purchasing my 75.00 watch. But I love it and am enjoying every penny I spent on it. I don't often spend any money on myself. Plus my cheap watch died 2 days before our trip.

I love the crystal palace. I hope you did.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 PM   #74
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LISAMWDW View Post
Great update!
thank you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I was very hesitant when purchasing my 75.00 watch. But I love it and am enjoying every penny I spent on it. I don't often spend any money on myself. Plus my cheap watch died 2 days before our trip.

I love the crystal palace. I hope you did.
i just didn't *love* the one i found......so i kept looking! and you'll hopefully see what i thought of CP shortly!
Old 10-08-2007, 07:27 PM   #75
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

when i left you we were on our way to meet erin in front of CP. we made our way through the swarms in front of the restaurant up to the check-in window thing and were given our buzzer. when i turned around after tara had checked in who do i run into but my mom's neighbor!!! of all the places to see him! he asked where ray was and i explained this was an all-girls trip. we chatted for a few minutes, then me and the girls found a seat on a wall near the ramp going up to CP. i called my mom and told her who i had just seen......she was overly-amused - i think she had had a few drinks! she's a lightweight and was playing cards with her friends!!!

we people watched for awhile and ended up waiting a few minutes more than we had expected to wait. we finally got buzzed and went inside. the hostest made a big fuss about erin's birthday pin, seated us and returned with this for our table.....

here's erin sporting a piece of mickey confetti....

we were seated in one of those half-booth, half-tables in the middle section on the right side of the restaurant. tara had the pleasure of sitting next to a little boy who wouldn't sit down in his seat the entire meal and was standing/sitting practically ON TOP of her, then would CRAWL OVER her every 2 minutes. it was fun! the hostess explained how the characters/buffet worked and before our server even made it to our table, we had a visit from a chubby little bear....

he was so cute! shy, but cute.

our server (stephan, i think) got our drink orders and we made our way to the buffet. this is my first plate....

clockwise from bottom, salad with blue cheese and peppers, cous cous, dinner roll with some sort of basil butter, pasta salad.

my favorites were the butter for the roll and the pasta salad. the cous cous was good except it had chick peas in it and....well, just gag!

here's my second plate.....

clockwise from bottom, salmon, mahi mahi, prime rib, some sort of corn casserole thing, mashed potatoes, broccoli, veggies and some sort of pasta with mushrooms in the middle.

my favorites were the salmon (to die for!!!), the potatoes and the broccoli. whatever seasoning they put on the broccoli is very yummy. i have to say the mahi mahi was very dry though.

as soon as i got back to the table with my second plate they started the parade thing......

then we got a visit by tigger!!!

he was sooooooo cool! i'm not a big tigger fan, but this guy was so much fun. when erin asked him to bounce, he did and i said something like, "it looks like he's raising the roof," to which he responded with actually raising the roof! =

during dinner erin, tara and i tried to guess if the people in the character costumes were male or female. the consensus (i think) was that tigger was a male and eeyore and piglet were females. we couldn't decide on pooh. yes, we are dorks.

after tigger we met eeyore. i think erin asked if he was sad today and he just kinda shrugged his shoulders.

next came piglet. we got NUMEROUS kisses from piglet......so sweet!

just when erin thought piglet was walking away, piglet turned around and got back behind erin and kissed her in the ear. this scared erin so bad she almost jumped out of her seat! piglet turned around one more time and i thought he (or she?) was gonna do it again, so i snapped a picture. but he (she?) was just waving at me.

after the characters we rolled ourselves to the dessert bar. i think i got some tiramisu, some other kind of whiskey cake and some fruit. i don't remember....too much food! oh, and i forgot to take a pic....sorry.

just when we were all ready to go (read: take a nap to digest all this food!) our server showed up with a little birthday treat for erin.....

i don't even think we ate it because we were so full! but she did get a cool little card from the pooh gang!

next up....evening at MK with spectro and wishes......and three very tired girls!

next installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=92

Last edited by punkin413; 12-12-2007 at 07:00 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: