Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2007, 02:58 PM   #151
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Dawn...Again, I miss a TR I should have been following all along!! Where the heck dis my mind go???? But, I'm caught up now!

I am lookiing forward to my "Girls Only" trip in 17 days! It should be a blast!!! Reading about yours is getting me even more excited!

I have never eaten at Kona, but the Tonga Toast looks tasty. Maybe I will try to walk in without a reservation while I'm there. Maybe it'll work!

50's PTC is one of my favorite places to eat! The "cousins" really crack me up. My children tell me that would be a perfect place for me to work! But, can I be "Mama" and NOT have to serve tables??? I really hate waitressing! I'd to just go from table to table and give people a hard time! (All in fun...of course!)

Can't wait to read more of your TR!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:02 AM   #152
lexmelinda
Has a Seussical googling DD
I'll remember from now on

DAWN!

I read this the other day while I was at work but didn't have time to post! Great MGM day!

Kinda makes me wish I'd done the Backlot Tour....haven't done it since 2000. How wet did Tara get??? I'll know to avoid the left side of the tram.

I feel the same way about the Mediocre Movie Ride but the girls just had to go. The best part are the movie clips while you're waiting in line!

I've never eaten at PT Cafe. Looks good...especially the dessert!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2007, 11:23 PM   #153
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Hi Dawn!
Old 10-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #154
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyObsession View Post
Dawn...Again, I miss a TR I should have been following all along!! Where the heck dis my mind go???? But, I'm caught up now!

I am lookiing forward to my "Girls Only" trip in 17 days! It should be a blast!!! Reading about yours is getting me even more excited!

I have never eaten at Kona, but the Tonga Toast looks tasty. Maybe I will try to walk in without a reservation while I'm there. Maybe it'll work!

50's PTC is one of my favorite places to eat! The "cousins" really crack me up. My children tell me that would be a perfect place for me to work! But, can I be "Mama" and NOT have to serve tables??? I really hate waitressing! I'd to just go from table to table and give people a hard time! (All in fun...of course!)

Can't wait to read more of your TR!
i know you cannot wait for your trip....how exciting! i'm sure you guys (er...i mean girls) will have so much fun!!!!

just FYI - we got to kona like 30 minutes before our ADR time and they sat us almost immediately. the restaurant didn't look full.....i bet you could get in without a ressie for breakfast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmelinda View Post
DAWN!

I read this the other day while I was at work but didn't have time to post! Great MGM day!

Kinda makes me wish I'd done the Backlot Tour....haven't done it since 2000. How wet did Tara get??? I'll know to avoid the left side of the tram.

I feel the same way about the Mediocre Movie Ride but the girls just had to go. The best part are the movie clips while you're waiting in line!

I've never eaten at PT Cafe. Looks good...especially the dessert!
she only got sprinkled....not bad at all! i don't think i've seen the movie clips because it was a walk-on when ray and i went (the one and only time i've ridden it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Hi Dawn!
hi!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #155
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Dawn you should have volunteered for the Backlot Tour I did a couple of years ago and didn't really get wet as you're all suited up, it was great fun!!!

Glad you didn't get bored at 50's
Old 10-28-2007, 04:55 PM   #156
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

as we left 50's it was still raining outside. so we booked it up to indiana jones to catch the 12:45 showing. i'd never seen this before and definitely wanted to check it out this time!

it stopped raining right as we got there. we got decent seats about midway down and to the right of the stage. they were doing the pre-show entertainment thing which was pretty funny. i noticed a DISer sitting nearby. he had his name on whatever it was that identified him (maybe a LGMH? i can't remember!) and i didn't recognize his name, so i didn't say anything.

the show was really good. they cut it short because of the rain storm that had came through a few minutes before. so apparently there's one scene i never got to see. here's some pictures.....

after that erin and i decided to do star tours while tara went to save us a seat for the 1:45 beauty and the beast show. for whatever reason, erin and i got on the left side of the line as we entered. at one point in the queue there was an open section between the two lines and because our line was moving and the other one wasn't, about 7 or 8 people on the right side of the line just decided to cut right in front of me through that open section! what the heck? seriously? i can't remember exactly what we said but erin and i had a very loud conversation about how you can't blame it on the kids when the parents (who told them to do it) do it too! so frustrating!!!!

after our short but exciting (and at times dizzying) flight on star tours we headed over to beauty and the beast. i called tara and she told me where she was sitting (although she did have to yell at me as i passed her because i didn't see her). i just ADORE this show!!! the belle this time wasn't as good as the belle ray and i saw last time. she was still really good and had a beautiful voice, but just not like the other one.

i decided to film the entire show because it's my favorite show at WDW and last time i just filmed a little bit of it. during "something there" i feel erin hit me on the arm and ask me something. i couldn't hear what she said and so i just told her to hold on and i kept filming. she then started talking to tara and they were just giggling like crazy! finally after the song was over i looked at erin to see what was going on and she said, "chip fell!!!" she had been trying to tell me before and i couldn't hear what she was saying. right about the time she was trying to tell me, tara had poked her and said, "did that cup just fall?" that's why they were giggling like mad!

after the show was over erin and i went out to the smoking area near ToT and i played back my video to see if i got it. i didn't get the actual falling, but i did get the aftermath of lumiere trying to help him up......except....oh yeah......he has no hands because he's a candleabra!

here's the video. keep your eyes on the right side of the screen. also, listen for erin laughing right around the time mrs. potts has her part at the end. i let it play through the part where there's a break and you can hear erin telling me what they were laughing at. POOR CHIP!!!!!!

also, during the end where belle comes back to the castle and the beast looks at her as he lays dying and says, "belle, you came back," erin looks at me and says, "where did she go?" then she goes on to ask me if she was in the bathroom or something? erin knows the story of beauty and the beast.....she was just being silly. but i started laughing so hard and now that i see it i feel bad because i was cracking up as the beast lay dying..... turn your volume up for this one......you can hear erin say something about "was she in the bathroom?" and you can hear me laughing and kind of tell that my camera was shaking a little from the giggling. silly girls!

tara decided she wanted to do a little shopping as erin and i were sitting down to find chip falling on my camera. i told her i'd call her later (after we rode ToT, of course!)

after we watched the chip falling episode a few times on my camera, erin sat down for a cigarette and i called ray to tell him about the funny stuff we'd just saw. ToT was next and it was looming in the sky right above us. after i hung up the phone i looked and erin and said, "well, are you gonna do it?" she reluctantly sighed and said, "sure. let's go."

we got in the fastpass line and were on in no time! i just LOVE this ride!!! of course erin loved it too...... i knew she would! she asked if we could ride it again later that night and i went ahead and got fastpasses.

one thing i noticed that i didn't notice the first 2 times i rode it back in may.....at the bottom of the drops i could see the sillouettes of the people who get on the elevator in the pre show in the darkness. i didn't notice that before! ray said it was because i had my eyes closed the times i had ridden it previously!

here's our redneck picture.......we're in the middle row. check out erin's face!

here we are after we had conquered ToT......

after that it kinda gets foggy as to what happened next. i know i talked to tara several times about where she was and where to meet her. i know the next thing we did was go see "walt disney: one man's dream" and i think we stopped at a couple of stores on the way. this was all in the middle of the crowd gathering for the parade so maybe that's why i don't remember much of it!

when we came out of one man's dream it was POURING!!!!!!! i quickly dug out our ponchos and we went to meet tara near the hollywood brown derby. we needed to leave to go to the peep meet at ohana's, but we started thinking about it and we knew there wouldn't be a beach picture at 4:15 like we had planned because of the rain. erin and i really wanted to see the little mermaid so we opted to see the 3:55 showing and then leave MGM instead.

we almost didn't make it in......we were one of the last two people to be let in the theater for that show. we got seats on the very end of row on the right side near the front. because i was a lot closer than last time, i could see the people that were handling the puppets during "under the sea". i also couldn't see a good bit of the right side of the stage. so i definitely recommend NOT sitting here if you have the option! here's some pics i took......

we headed out and it was still raining. we found tara sitting at a covered table outside of HBD. she didn't have a poncho so we decided to stop at a store on the way out of MGM so she could buy an umbrella. of course it stopped raining on the way out! i called one of the peeps (aries1980) and left her know we were on our way (the meet was at 5:00) and then we headed for the parking lot.

next up.......peeps meet at ohana's, fantasmic and MK EMH!!!!

next installment: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=168

Last edited by punkin413; 12-12-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:03 PM   #157
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Dawn you should have volunteered for the Backlot Tour I did a couple of years ago and didn't really get wet as you're all suited up, it was great fun!!!

Glad you didn't get bored at 50's
nope.....definitely not bored there! i thought about doing it, but i just didn't want to get drenched like the day before on splash. maybe i'll get lucky again and there will be a next time!
Old 10-28-2007, 06:28 PM   #158
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Love the Little Mermaid pictures!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 AM   #159
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Hi,Dawn.Loved the pics and video.Poor Chip!

Looking forward to reading about the meet...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 PM   #160
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great installment! I too just love TOT. People think I'm nuts.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 10-29-2007, 02:21 PM   #161
DisneyObsession
DIS Veteran

Great Installment! Sounds like Erin is having a great time! Glad she liked TOT...I won't go on that ride. Don't particularly like the feeling of my stomach in my throat! Can't wait for more!!!

Almost forgot...Lumier gave a gallant effort to help up Chip. Too bad those candles are worthless!!!!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 PM   #162
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Okay the Beauty and the Beast part made me laugh! Glad you had such a good time! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your day/night!
Old 10-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #163
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

How funny that Chip fell, well not for him

Sounds like you all had a great day and I love the ToT photo
Old 10-29-2007, 03:32 PM   #164
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

The Chip falling video is too funny! Gotta love them redneck photos!

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

Old 10-29-2007, 05:59 PM   #165
whiterocky77
Earning My Ears

when chip fell i thought i was going to die laughing. But when lumier tried to help him up i thought i was going to pee all over myself. that was just too funny. FUNNIEST MOMENT at WDW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: