Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2007, 09:00 PM   #136
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I so think 50's Primetime is on our future dining plans. We just rarely have resies at MGM. I think we might have to try to eat there next trip!
Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 PM   #137
SwansLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Cousin Elizabeth sounds perfect!

Um, can I have the apple crisp that you didn't eat?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #138
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

go back and read the end of my '50's info.....i added something i forgot the first time!
Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 AM   #139
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

Great update ,Dawn. DH and I often find ourselves coloring teh kids' menus.

We love Prime Time.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:06 AM   #140
pierresgirl
DIS Veteran

That Tonga toast looks to die for! You are so photogenic, all your pics came out great. I love the video of Tink coming down. I saw a vintage Mickey T that I really wanted too but didn't want to spend $30 on. Of course, now I wish I did! Prime Time looks like fun, I'll have to try it one day since your sandwich looks so delicious!

The Boss is Back Onboard! Trip Report still in session! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2546146

Old 10-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #141
Tink-ing
Karma - It's Everywhere You're Going To Be

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i found the cutest grey vintage mickey shirt but it was way too expensive IMO for a T-shirt, so i passed and got a four cheese hot pocket and some of those nestle crunch ice cream dip things.
T-shirt...Hot Pocket...T-Shirt...Hot Pocket...HOT POCKET!!! I think I might've made the same choice! LOL Not sure if you've ever heard/seen the comedian Jim Gaffigan's skit on Hot Pockets, but it is hilarious!!! You can probably find it somewhere on YouTube.

Quote:
we decided that erin and tara would go check out the great movie ride (which i had no interest in riding since i think it should be called the "lame movie ride")
I agree, kind of. I just think it's in dire need of an update and I so wish they would. However, as lame as it might be, I have to go on it every time I'm at the Studios. That ride, at some point in the day, is like a tracter beam for me.

Quote:
Oh MY! She is very much a doppelganger for a woman I work with. Who is also hilarious. Maybe she moonlights...1,200 miles away.

Quote:
::drooling all over keyboard::

Great update! Can't wait for more! (that's a 100 Calorie pack of popcorn, of course)

Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM   #142
crarmy
Mouseketeer

I just love reading your TR!! You girls had such a good time.

Why am I not surprised about Erin planning a trip, Disney casts a spell on you and it is impossible to stay away!

How can I find out more on renting DVC points??

Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #143
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

erin looked around and finally decided to become a true disney vacationer by purchasing these.....

I love that Erin got ears!!!

Quote:
you can see in this pic that they were already putting up the osborne lights for christmas. i can't wait to see this one day!
The Osborne lights are really neat......definitely try to see them if you get the chance! They're even better now than in the past, since they "dance!"

50's PTC looked like fun......we haven't tried it yet, but the food looks good. Another great update......can't wait for more!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM   #144
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Oh Dawn! The herb cheese at 50's! Well, let's just say you'll be seeing my version of that picture on my trip report, and it WAS quite enjoyable! I'm thinking I need to try the cobbler after seeing your picture of it.

You have to see Osborne Lights someday! SOOOoooo cool!

Great installment, as always!
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #145
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

How fun! I've never eating there before so it was cool to hear about your experience.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:58 PM   #146
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

You didn't like the smores!! I loved them! They were so good that even tho I was in intense pain I gobbled them all up!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:34 PM   #147
whiterocky77
Earning My Ears

ETA: i totally forgot about this. i was just looking at the food pics and i realized there was a kids menu under my plates. erin had asked cousin elizabeth for crayons and she came back with both crayons and kids menus. so erin, tara and i totally did all the puzzles and everything while waiting for our food. hey....at least we weren't bored!

Actually what happened was that I said I wanted to color and cousin elizabeth said that I could go get them myself and made me take the menus back too!! I loved her.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:55 PM   #148
MeMom
DIS Veteran

The food looks very good! We have reservations there for our March trip. We ate there in 2005. We didn't get dessert, because it was all we could do to eat the meal, but there are several desserts I sure would like to try.

This last time, our Backlot Tour speaker at that water station had an extremely thick accent. If we hadn't been there before to know what she was saying, we would just have been out of luck. I'm not sure if some of the people who were there for the first time knew at all what she was saying. They looked very confused. We've heard many accents on different rides and shows, but this girl we really just didn't understand at all.

Thanks for all the good pictures.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #149
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

It looked like a lot of fun at 50s. I guess I should put this back on my to-do list. We just didn't have the good servers the past 2 times so we blew it off. The server really does make all the difference here.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #150
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
We lived in Blairsville from 2001-2004 - funny to hear the town mentioned from someone at Disney. It is such a small town but it is amazing to me how many people I've run into that have been there!

I've read your TR from May and have been following this one too. I love your reports! The Blairsville comment brought me out of lurkdom.
I KNOW! when she asked about blairsville i was like huh??? it's such a small town! thanks for coming out of lurkdom.....i feel proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I so think 50's Primetime is on our future dining plans. We just rarely have resies at MGM. I think we might have to try to eat there next trip!
i think the experience really depends on your server. so maybe you'll get lucky with a good one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwansLoveDisney View Post
Cousin Elizabeth sounds perfect!

Um, can I have the apple crisp that you didn't eat?
sure.......it's probably not really that taste any more though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismom9761 View Post
Great update ,Dawn. DH and I often find ourselves coloring teh kids' menus.

We love Prime Time.
it kills the time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierresgirl View Post
That Tonga toast looks to die for! You are so photogenic, all your pics came out great. I love the video of Tink coming down. I saw a vintage Mickey T that I really wanted too but didn't want to spend $30 on. Of course, now I wish I did! Prime Time looks like fun, I'll have to try it one day since your sandwich looks so delicious!
thanks so much for your sweet comments! i wish i would've bought that mickey T, too. but i just can't spend like $30 on a t-shirt! maybe a hoodie, but not that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink-ing View Post
T-shirt...Hot Pocket...T-Shirt...Hot Pocket...HOT POCKET!!! I think I might've made the same choice! LOL Not sure if you've ever heard/seen the comedian Jim Gaffigan's skit on Hot Pockets, but it is hilarious!!! You can probably find it somewhere on YouTube.

I agree, kind of. I just think it's in dire need of an update and I so wish they would. However, as lame as it might be, I have to go on it every time I'm at the Studios. That ride, at some point in the day, is like a tracter beam for me.

Oh MY! She is very much a doppelganger for a woman I work with. Who is also hilarious. Maybe she moonlights...1,200 miles away.

::drooling all over keyboard::

Great update! Can't wait for more! (that's a 100 Calorie pack of popcorn, of course)
we are definitely skipping the great movie ride next time when i'm with DH! last time (and our first trip to MGM) we got stuck in the casablanca scene and it was like pure torture!!! it scarred us for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crarmy View Post
I just love reading your TR!! You girls had such a good time.

Why am I not surprised about Erin planning a trip, Disney casts a spell on you and it is impossible to stay away!

How can I find out more on renting DVC points??
there is a board on the DIS for renting points. look under the DVC boards and it's over there. it's kinda confusing at first but just read some posts over there and if you have any questions, post away. someone will answer your questions. i didn't rent DVC points for this girls trip....tara was nice enough to just let us crash in her room without any money involved. but i did buy DVC points from her for DH and i's upcoming april trip. we wanted 5 nights at SSR, which is her home resort. so she was able to make ressies 11 months out. i think it was 13 points per night. she sold us her points for $10 each. so we got 5 nights at SSR for $650! pretty sweet deal! i paid her half up front and half after i had proof of the reservation. but i'm sure everyone has different ways they handle the transaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
I love that Erin got ears!!!

The Osborne lights are really neat......definitely try to see them if you get the chance! They're even better now than in the past, since they "dance!"

50's PTC looked like fun......we haven't tried it yet, but the food looks good. Another great update......can't wait for more!
she wores those ears the rest of the trip! i can't wait to see the osborne lights one day! so cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak92 View Post
Oh Dawn! The herb cheese at 50's! Well, let's just say you'll be seeing my version of that picture on my trip report, and it WAS quite enjoyable! I'm thinking I need to try the cobbler after seeing your picture of it.

You have to see Osborne Lights someday! SOOOoooo cool!

Great installment, as always!
yes, i thoroughly enjoyed the herb cheese, as well! i think i even shared some with erin. sooooooo good! i will make it to WDW in early december one year (hopefully 2008) to see those lights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
How fun! I've never eating there before so it was cool to hear about your experience.
i think it's a really cool little place as long as you have a server who abuses you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
You didn't like the smores!! I loved them! They were so good that even tho I was in intense pain I gobbled them all up!
they weren't bad.....just too rich for me. i'm not a big chocolate person. please don't club me over the head for saying that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterocky77 View Post
Actually what happened was that I said I wanted to color and cousin elizabeth said that I could go get them myself and made me take the menus back too!! I loved her.
thanks for clarifying, E! after i read your post i totally remembered you getting up to go get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
The food looks very good! We have reservations there for our March trip. We ate there in 2005. We didn't get dessert, because it was all we could do to eat the meal, but there are several desserts I sure would like to try.

This last time, our Backlot Tour speaker at that water station had an extremely thick accent. If we hadn't been there before to know what she was saying, we would just have been out of luck. I'm not sure if some of the people who were there for the first time knew at all what she was saying. They looked very confused. We've heard many accents on different rides and shows, but this girl we really just didn't understand at all.

Thanks for all the good pictures.
how annoying about the backlot tour! you'd think CMs that are MCs would be able to speak clear english!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
It looked like a lot of fun at 50s. I guess I should put this back on my to-do list. We just didn't have the good servers the past 2 times so we blew it off. The server really does make all the difference here.
you need a good server to have fun here! ask for elizabeth!!!!!! apparently she's been there for awhile because she said she's heard 9 years of the same 1950's TV clips they play in there!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: