Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2007, 06:55 AM   #1
fizz13
Dreams about being stuck on Space Mountain

The WDW Girly Tour -Magic Kingdom 1st night

After we had located our room and had a quick change and feshen up it was off to magic kingdom. Somehow it didn't seem to matter that we had been up for 19 hours, we just wanted to feel some disney magic The bus came quickly and as you can see we were disneyed up already:

My grin looks like I'm going to explode! Carly couldn't really remember anything from 10 years ago so it felt she was doing it all for the first time. We had to stop at guest services first to change my AP voucher and for Michelle to buy hers. it felt soooo good to finally have that pass. Now we tried to get into magic kingdom but we had a little problem. carly's pass just wouldn't work. me and Michelle had gone through the gate first so we had poor little carly stuck outside;

It was so unfair, we just wanted to get in! the CM went to replace the pass but yet again this wouldn't work!! can you believe it? A Cm took pity on us and just let her in at this point.
So here we were Town Square I had to show carly, who is a big fan of lady and the tramp, the footprints outside Tonys:

and then we went around the corner.....ready......here it comes:

This was my first shed a tear moment.
First stop for me now has to be Mickeys Philharmagic, it encaptures the spirit of disney to me with the characters and music. The wait posted was 30 mins but it was basically a show length wait so not a big deal. Thumbs up from everybody We would have done Its A Small World but tonight there was actually a line outside the building. i have never seen a wait here and refuse to stand in line so we carried on round to Liberty Tree Tavern where we had an ADR for 6:30pm.

We waited for about 30 mins to get seated which was a bit irritating as we could smell the food and see some of the characters, i was sooo hungry! finally we got called and boy was it worth the wait! We had a great server who made sure our glasses were always full and was happy to bring more of everything. And best of all:

carly's first character was Minnie, look how happy my friend is yay

look how happy i am yay

So we've had Minnie, pluto, Chip and dale...somebody is missing isn't he? Well Goofy decided that tonight he wasn't going to bother meeting us at all. he circled the room and left without saying hello. we were clearly meeting characters as we had cameras and autograph books out on the table, so this left me rather disgruntled with the oversized dog, actually for the whole week, as everytime i could have met him, i claimed i was too angry with him and couldn't be bothered i was miffed at the time. anyway, liberty tree gets top marks from me for food, atmosphere and interaction apart from THAT dog lol.
Splash and big thunder had long waits tonight so we headed to Pirates, which had a line but moved quite quickly, 10 mins I think. Thumbs up again we had a good look round the pirates store and was dismayed to find that they still haven't put Will turner on a female adult shirt. i did ask a CM and she said that captain jack was the only big draw at WDW, I beg to disagree lady We tried on hats, played with swords, here is Carly giving a pirate AAARRRRR:

She wouldn't scare Piglet bless her
Then it was time to get in position for Spectro. We were all pretty exhausted by this time and we ended up sitting on the ground till parade time. no piccies of this as for once i just wanted to see the parade and not through a lens. it was just as wonderful as it always was. carly sat back down again on the curb (she was 16 weeks pregnant by now) and would you believe it? this added to her cute factor somehow because i have never seen an adult get so much attention. prince charming blew her a kiss, the big bad wolf came to get her, malificent stared her down from the float, i'm sure there was more but frankly i'm too sick with jealousy to tell you lets just say she really enjoyed the parade!
Finally we moved into position for wishes. And it was a crawl to get there, our legs and the crowds couldn't have gone any faster. i would have loved to make it to Tomorrowland bridge or the terrace by the noodle Station but we got as far as the hub and sat down, enough! Shed a tear moment number 2 I wish we had been further back because it was hard to see the full impact of the show so close up, and if someone stood in front of you it blocked some of the action, but Wishes is Wishes. after letting the masses we crawled to the bus stop and home, I love my new bed

DISNEYLAND Anaheim 2005 WALT DISNEY WORLD dec91,jan02,jan05:mystic dunes aug06: polynesian, oct06:coronado springs,
aug07: pofq, dec07:allstarmovies-wilderness lodge, aug09: popcenturydec10: mystic dunes
DLRP-1998 Paris2000 Santa Fe2003 Val d'europe 2012 Cheyenne2013 sequoia lodge
fizz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Lovely photos Claire
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2007, 07:45 AM   #3
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Wow, what a busy evening considering you had only just arrived

Great photos

Mandy

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #4
angel659
Have A Magical Day

It certainly was a great night. Loved it even though I was exhausted. It was a pity we were so close up. My neck wasnt impressed with me looking up. Most of wishes I was looking at stage. It was still good though.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
Beth__WDW23/6/02
you can never mock anything until you have a try for yourself

Fantastic first evening
Old 10-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #6
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great report!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #7
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

wow you certainly packed a lot in there !!

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #8
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Wow I can't believe you did all that on arrival day, especially having had such an early morning Wouldn't scare Piglet
DisneyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:26 AM   #9
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Thanks so much. I can almost feel like I am there with you. Wish I was.

I have never seen photos of the characters at Liberty Inn. They look great.

so wonderful

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
KayleeUK
Still here.....

What a long day Thanks for sharing
Old 10-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Now thats what I call a long, busy and magical day all in one, great photos

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
jns
Tries hard to get the jelly off Jaffa Cakes without breaking it!!!!

Thanks for sharing
looking forward to hearing more
2007 Animal Kingdom , Disney Magic , Saratoga Springs,NYC
2008 DLRP Santa Fa , Beachclub Villas, Wilderness Lodge ,Disney Magic and New York

2009 BayLake Towers, Beachclub Villas and Disney Wonder 2011 Disney Magic, Mediterranean Cruise, Old Key West2012 Los Vegas, Grand Calf and San Fran 2013 Disney fantasy , Wilderness Lodge and Vero Beach

We now know the secert too!! Trip report 2006 Trip Report 2008 WDW / DCL
jns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 11:06 AM   #13
arieljasmine
Who says these things pass you by.....

How strange, Claire, I had the same experience at LTT except it was Pluto who didn't cuddle me - Goofy was great! And I am totally off Pluto now.....

Laur's
May 2001 DLRP Santa Fe/September 2002 WDW All Star Music/December 2003 DLRP Sequoia Lodge/September 2004 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Pop Century/May 2005 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Coronado Springs/Disney Wonder/April 2006 WDW Pop Century/ September 2006 WDW Hard Rock Hotel/Animal Kingdom Lodge/September 2007 WDW Wyndham Orlando/Hard Rock Hotel/Polynesian/Pop Century
arieljasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:48 AM   #14
wils
Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on her desktop !!??
Can't stop reading 'Lost' spoilers

Busy already
Old 10-15-2007, 04:57 AM   #15
irongirlof12
Am I the only one who loves Quorn Sausages?
I would love to be at Ghiradelli's ice cream parlour with a massive choc sundae

brilliant day

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: