Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #121
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJoo2008 View Post
I'm still here, waiting patiently!!!
Hope to read your update very soon
xxx
Thanks for sticking with me! I'm posting in about two minutes - I hope you enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTink85 View Post
I'm still here as well - can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
Thank you! Enjoy this next installment and I'm already working on the one after it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Just found your thread. Im taking my fiance on his first trip in hopefully september, and i've greatly enjoyed reading about your couples only trip!
Thanks for joining! I'm sure you're going to have a great time! Tigger was very skeptical for our first Disney trip together (it was to Disneyland), but by the end of the day, he was laughing and smiling like a little kid again There's just no resisting Disney - it brings out the kid in all of us and there's plenty to do even for an adult couple!
Old 03-06-2008, 10:24 PM   #122
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 4, Part I – August 15, 2007

The morning dawned bright and sunny and we were up early to hit Epcot!
I have wonderful memories from my first time in Epcot – I was about 9 or 10 and was at Disney World with my family for the second time. I have really strong memories of a few rides – there was one ride that showed how humans would be living in the future in space, in the oceans, in the desert, and one other environment which I can’t remember, but I remember absolutely looooving that ride! It felt so real to me as a child and it totally transported me to this amazing world in the future with fascinating vehicles and robots and everything! I was soooo sad to find out they tore up the ride and it saddens me to think that so many kids nowadays are missing out on that sense of wonder and being transported to the future that was so amazing to me!

Another great memory I have of that trip is of the heavy rain and cold the day we were at Epcot – as we were walking around the countries, we had to buy those plastic ponchos, but I loved it because it was so empty and we got to investigate every little nook and cranny! I particularly remembered Mexico and how my mother got this amazing cactus salad at the restaurant and we had such a fun fun time – it makes me all warm and fuzzy just to remember that trip!

Aaaanyways, back to the more recent past…so we were up and at ‘em pretty early. Here’s Tigger making his way toward the big golf ball:

Of course, the first order of business was getting fastpasses for Soarin’ so we made our way over there:

DH and I went on Soarin’ at California Adventure a couple years ago with absolutely no idea what to expect and we thought it was pretty cool and awesome, so we definitely wanted the chance to go on it again! Once we had the fastpasses, we made our way over to Mission:Space and TestTrack. Both were looking like medium-length lines, so we opted for MS first – orange of course!

DH had no idea what to expect so I was curious to see what his reaction would be. Here he is contemplating what’s ahead:

I went on it with my sister and brother-in-law during our last trip and thought it was pretty amazing! The line wasn’t that bad and we enjoyed all the things to see while you’re waiting. Well, mostly we wondered what the folks were doing in that room with all the computers and stuff! I figured it must be their internet room so they could check their emails while on break but still be contributing to the Disney effect! Well, we took off with Gary Sinise and I barely made it through without feeling nauseated! I am pretty weak in terms of motion sickness, so MS really pushes my limits, but luckily no lasting effects I was looking for the big wahooo from Tigger, but just got a “yeah, that was pretty cool.” Oh well, different strokes for different folks!

Next we were on to TestTrack – the line looked pretty long and we couldn’t get fastpasses yet, so we opted to get in the single-rider line.

I know, I know, not exactly a romantic honeymoon type of thing to do, but we got to stand in line together and the ride is so short that we were zipping out of there before we even knew it! I still love this ride and in fact enjoyed it even more this time than the last time I was on it because it didn’t break down in the middle! Tigger didn’t think the ride was quite exciting enough, but I guess that’s what I get for bringing him to Epcot *after* Hollywood Studios!

Aaaanyways, by this time it was getting close to our Soarin’ return time, so we meandered back over toward the other side. We went through the store to cross and I finally got DH to wear the Mickey groom ears!!!

Here's the happy couple!!

So we made it over to the other side, but I figured we should try to do the new Nemo ride before it got too much later, so we decided to visit that first.

I loved Finding Nemo and was really excited to see the ride and get in a clamobile! I’m dying to get out to Disneyland to ride the submarine Nemo ride now too! Anyways, we visited Nemo and his friends and I thought it was super cute – I can especially imagine it as one of those rides that just fascinates little kids! We managed to grab a shot in the clamobile:

And I had a hard time leaving the souvenir shop on the way out!

Next up: Someone gets a BIG dream granted during lunch…complete with a video crew!

Last edited by Disneymooner07; 03-06-2008 at 11:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #123
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, I can't wit to find out what the dream is!!! Excellent update, love all the photos!!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #124
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
Oh my goodness, I can't wit to find out what the dream is!!! Excellent update, love all the photos!!
Your wish is my command! Next installment coming up Thanks for reading along!
Old 03-09-2008, 09:51 PM   #125
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 4, Part II – August 15, 2007

Finally we were ready for Soarin’ and we hopped into line and were off for our flight before we knew it! We were in the middle row, but I didn’t even notice any feet above us...maybe because I was too busy swinging my own feet around Here’s Tigger still flyin’ high from his ride:

By this time, we were pretty hungry and conveniently located in what must be the world’s biggest food court! I loved all the choices available and it took me a while to decide what to get. I got a yummy turkey sandwich on some focaccia bread and cream of broccoli soup and strawberry shortcake for dessert! Yum! The Disney dining plan rocks!!! Tigger got some Asian rice bowl thing which he said was okay, though he was pretty gloomy when he said it. His mood may have been affected by this:

You see, when we first made our way over toward the food area, we saw a huge crew of YOMD folks in the blue shirts and vests standing around an empty table in one of the dining areas. They even had a camera crew with them! Tigger kept urging me to go over and see what they were waiting for, but I didn’t want to seem like I was begging for a night in the castle or something! I figured I had my Minnie ears on and was conspicuous enough that if they wanted to give me a big dream, they could have spotted me from a mile away and come and gotten me!

Anyways, so while we were getting our food, I guess they gave away a night in Cinderella’s Castle to some family that sat down there and by the time we sat down, they were interviewing them and filming and everything! Lucky folks!!! I kept telling Tigger that they never give the night in the castle to couples, just families, so he didn’t have to feel like we missed an opportunity since it was never a real opportunity anyways He still wasn’t buying it and was soooo disappointed:

How melodramatic, no?!? Anyways, we recovered from Tigger’s bout of extreme disappointment by riding through some vegetables:

I loooove Living with the Land!!! I can’t really explain why, except that it brings back some great memories of riding this with my family – the pace of it is just so relaxing and it still has that feeling of Epcot from back in the day when it involved more of that educational aspect. Love it!

Continued below...
Old 03-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #126
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Next up, we decided to start making our way over toward World Showcase. On our way over, we saw Figment from afar and DH just *had* to say hello! Apparently, one of the few things Tigger remembers from his first and only trip to WDW when he was little was seeing Figment at Epcot. I wish you all could have seen it - it was just too adorable that DH got sooo excited about Figment and wanted to get our picture taken with him! Who knew?!? So here we are:

We also spotted the neat fountain over that area:

And we decided to go on the Imagination ride as well – I had never been on this and I must say, I was not super impressed Maybe they’ll take it down sometime soon and put a more fun ride in? Oh well…we still enjoyed ourselves:

Anyways, onward to my favorite part of Epcot – World Showcase!!! We decided to go counterclockwise since we had ADRs at Morocco for the night and figured we see the countries in that area when we came back for dinner. So first up…Mexico! We had some fun in the night market:

We didn’t have time to go on the refurbished ride, but I figured we’d have time later in our trip, so we moved onward to Norway!

Of course we had to go on Maelstrom, but then we got stuck in the Norwegian village!

And of course, I had to say hi to the troll in the store:

Next, we hit China, though at this point we were sooo hot and uncomfortable from the heat that we mostly just went through the motions:

We found the nearest dock and made our way back toward the front of the park…I think one of my only complaints about that day was that they really really need to air-condition those boats!!! I think I just about passed out on the short ride across the lagoon!

One last stop before we exited, I had to drag DH to try some beverages This is him trying Beverly:

We hit the monorail to go back for some pool time and relaxation before coming back for dinner. I snapped this on the way out:

Up next: Dinner in Morocco and do we see Illuminations?
Old 03-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #127
SallyG
Earning My Ears

Smile

I am really enjoying your TR Disneymooner! The photos are great; go Figment! I look forward to reading more.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #128
NYPDwife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by One last stop before we exited, I had to drag DH to try some beverages ;)This is him trying Beverly:

[img
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w23/adasheng/IMG_0317.jpg[/IMG]
I had to laugh as I saw this pic b/c there's this magazine I subscribe to for my hubby called FHM, and they have a column every month called "Who the hell are you" and it's pics of people with unknown people in the background staring at the camera.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #129
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Great update. It's cute that your DH was so excited to see Figment! It seems like you had a great time in Epcot. Can't wait to ready more!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #130
NStitches
Earning My Ears

Great trip report!

It sounds like you love Disney. Great trip report! We went on our Disneymoon in April 2006! It was my second trip and my first trip staying on property. We stayed at Contemporary Resort. My DH has reserved Garden view rooms (in the back of the resort). When we got there we were happy to find out we were upgraded to Magic Kingdom view. Our room was newly refurbished. Our view was wonderful! In September 2007, we went back to stay at the Contemporary. We love Magic Kingdom view. We are getting ready to go in December 2009, but I think we are going to try to stay at Grand Floridian.

Can't wait for next post!
Old 03-10-2008, 05:34 PM   #131
hammie59
DIS Veteran

I want your shirt! (the one you wore on your first day). Soooo cute.

1985-1993-1999-off site
2008-CSR/ASMo
2011-POP
dh me ds11 dd6
Old 03-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #132
doodlesmommy
I have my feet planted in Baltimore but Georgia on my mind.

I'm hooked. I've enjoyed reading your trip report so far. I wanted a honeymoon at Disney so bad when we got married but I couldn't convince DH. I had to wait until we had little ones to re-create my childhood excitement. It never grows out of you does it? I can't wait to read more!

March, 2007 - Disney Wonder
April, 2008 - Wilderness Lodge
October, 2009 - Port Orleans/French Quarter
August, 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort
September, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort
January, 2013 - 1/2 Marathon
Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 PM   #133
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

I would react the same way as your DH if i was that close to the castle stay!! haha, great TR so far, can't wait to continue to read!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #134
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyG View Post
I am really enjoying your TR Disneymooner! The photos are great; go Figment! I look forward to reading more.
Thanks! To tell you the truth, it had been soooo long since I had ever thought about Figment that when Tigger screamed out "It's Figment!" I was so confused and thought he'd gone a little bonkers I'm working on the next installment and hope to have it posted later this week - thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPDwife View Post
I had to laugh as I saw this pic b/c there's this magazine I subscribe to for my hubby called FHM, and they have a column every month called "Who the hell are you" and it's pics of people with unknown people in the background staring at the camera.
I just went back and looked at the picture of DH drinking the Beverly and noticed the guy grinning in the background, looking as if he knows us! It's so funny!! Thanks for pointing it out, I'm gonna show DH - I bet he's going to ask if we know that guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Great update. It's cute that your DH was so excited to see Figment! It seems like you had a great time in Epcot. Can't wait to ready more!
Thanks! I really loved that I got to see how Disney brought out the kid in DH too - isn't that what Disney is all about?!? I looove Epcot. I really didn't so much when I was younger, but I guess maybe it's more of a place you grow into I'm working on the next installment, so check in again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NStitches View Post
It sounds like you love Disney. Great trip report! We went on our Disneymoon in April 2006! It was my second trip and my first trip staying on property. We stayed at Contemporary Resort. My DH has reserved Garden view rooms (in the back of the resort). When we got there we were happy to find out we were upgraded to Magic Kingdom view. Our room was newly refurbished. Our view was wonderful! In September 2007, we went back to stay at the Contemporary. We love Magic Kingdom view. We are getting ready to go in December 2009, but I think we are going to try to stay at Grand Floridian.

Can't wait for next post!
You're definitely right - I loooove Disney! But don't we all?!? Ooo, I've never stayed at the Contemporary and I'm so looking forward to the day when we can! And I *definitely* want to get a MK view if we stay there - that must be an amazing view! You'll love the Grand Floridian if you go...it's definitely a romantic place perfect for a couple I'm so grateful we were able to experience that for our honeymoon, though DH has insisted that for our next trip, we have to stay at the Polynesian Two of my favorite words: "next" and "Polynesian"!!! I've never stayed at the Polynesian, but I can't imagine there's much bad about it Thanks for reading along and check back soon for the next installment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammie59 View Post
I want your shirt! (the one you wore on your first day). Soooo cute.
I loooved that shirt - I ordered it on disney.com for like $12 or something and through all the wedding planning, wearing that shirt the morning after the wedding was something I looked forward to as a highlight I knew I couldn't get away with a Mickey tanktop any old time, but on the day after my wedding, I knew I could get away with anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlesmommy View Post
I'm hooked. I've enjoyed reading your trip report so far. I wanted a honeymoon at Disney so bad when we got married but I couldn't convince DH. I had to wait until we had little ones to re-create my childhood excitement. It never grows out of you does it? I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for reading along! I thought I was going to have an uphill battle getting DH to agree to the disneymoon, but luckily he saw how serious I was when I said I wouldn't marry him unless we went to Disney World for the honeymoon No, really!

But as long as you get to go now, then it's all good, right? And you're right - you never really grow out of it...unless your'e old at heart, right?

I can't wait until we can take kids there. Disney already brings out the kids in all of us, I can't imagine really seeing it through your children's eyes Thanks for reading along and check back in soon!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #135
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
I would react the same way as your DH if i was that close to the castle stay!! haha, great TR so far, can't wait to continue to read!
So it's not just him?? It was actually sort of adorable how hooked he got on the Year of a Million Dreams

Thanks for reading along, and I'll get the next installment up as soon as I can!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: