Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 AM   #106
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran

Subscribing!! You guys are so cute, and your wedding looked beautiful!

YAY for disneymooners!!! I didn't realize there were so many of us, but judging from your readers WOW!!!

And all I can say is WOW! about your view. That is AMAZING. I'm totally jealous.

I love this TR, I kinda skimmed through it quickly but it is awesome and I can't wait to read more!!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #107
Applemomma
DIS Veteran

Looking for more!

Please tell us you sat and watched Wishes at least once from that gorgeous balcony!
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2008, 11:31 PM   #108
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Great update!! You got so many wonderful surprises for your honeymoon. I wish I would have made it clearer that it was our honeymoon, but it's a little late for that now.

That picture of you sleeping is just too cute! I'm glad y'all liked Fantasmic and those strawberries look GOOOOOOOD. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

Looks like it was a good day at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!! I guess you can technically still say MGM, since it was MGM while you were there I won't tell on you

Can't wait for the next upate!
It really was so Disney and magical that they added those little bits of pixie dust to make our honeymoon feel truly special! But I guess there's no better way for everyone to know it's your honeymoon than by wearing huge bridal Minne ears and a pin! Maybe you should wear the bridal ears for an anniversary trip! Oh, and somehow Disney really has the most amaaaazing strawberries - so often those big strawberries aren't sweet, but all the strawberries we had all week were super sweet and tasty! Yummy, I'm drooling just remembering! And thanks for turning a blind eye to my MGM use I guess I'll just have to go back again now to see how Hollywood Studios differs from Disney-MGM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJoo2008 View Post
Phew!
Managed to catch up on everything before work starts - REALLY enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!

Joo xxx
Thanks for reading along! Stick around, I'm working on the next installment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutsunshine View Post
I am soooo loving your trip report. You are doing an excellent job! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and all the pixie dust you experienced! You really are having a magical trip!

Congratualtions on your marriage!!

On a side note: Isn't it fun wearing the bridal ears! DH and I honeymooned at WDW as well and I loved wearing my ears!! We only wore our ears at night though since we went in August and it was way too hot to wear them during the day!!
Thanks for the props! It's just so much fun to share all these great memories and even better that others can enjoy along with me! And the ears really are fantastic, but I agree that it's tough wearing them during the days in August - I tried my best to keep them on, but when I succeeded, it was at the expense of looking good as I dripped sweat everywhere and looked super-shiny!! And congratulations to you too, fellow Disneymooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePrincess467 View Post
Loving your report so far, looking foward to reading more!!
Thanks for stopping by! Keep reading - I'm hoping to post the next segment soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
We stayed at CBR when we went. (As young musicians, deluxe accomadations were not in the financial cards for us - especially since we got married right after I finished my master's at a very expensive conservatory.) But we absolutely LOVED our disneymoon - such a great time. Then, when we went for our fifth anniversary, we were both pretty much hooked on wanting to take regular trips, but weren't sure yet about DVC (financially speaking). But thanks to our very successful Christmas caroling business, DVC became a very real possibility - so we went for it!

I think I just might be motivated to do my own trip report now! We won't be going until July, though, so it's still a bit early! I'll have to start reading pre-trip reports to see how that all works!

I'll be looking forward to your next update!
Ooo, I'm thinking of CBR for our next trip (whenever that may be!). I think after our honeymoon splurge and trying to save up for a house and kids over the next few years, deluxe will be out of our range for a while too! Maybe someday we'll be DVC too...what is this caroling business and how does one go about it??

You should do a pre-trippie! Okay, maybe it's a *little* too early right now, but I regret not doing a pre-trippie to share all the excitement and anticipation that builds up to the trip - that's some of the best part of the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
Subscribing!! You guys are so cute, and your wedding looked beautiful!

YAY for disneymooners!!! I didn't realize there were so many of us, but judging from your readers WOW!!!

And all I can say is WOW! about your view. That is AMAZING. I'm totally jealous.

I love this TR, I kinda skimmed through it quickly but it is awesome and I can't wait to read more!!
Thanks for subbing! I know, it's crazy how many Disneymooners there are, no? Who would've thought so many other people were smart like us! And the view really was everything I dreamed it would be - for months while I dreamed of and imagined what our wedding and honeymoon would be like, I had this image of sitting up in bed in the morning and seeing Cinderella's castle, and it really was like that! Who knows when I'll ever have another view like that, but I definitely recommend it as a once in a lifetime experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemomma View Post
Please tell us you sat and watched Wishes at least once from that gorgeous balcony!
Oh, don't worry! More than once!!

Stick around - next installment should be up before the weekend!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #109
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymooner07 View Post
It really was so Disney and magical that they added those little bits of pixie dust to make our honeymoon feel truly special! But I guess there's no better way for everyone to know it's your honeymoon than by wearing huge bridal Minne ears and a pin! Maybe you should wear the bridal ears for an anniversary trip! Oh, and somehow Disney really has the most amaaaazing strawberries - so often those big strawberries aren't sweet, but all the strawberries we had all week were super sweet and tasty! Yummy, I'm drooling just remembering! And thanks for turning a blind eye to my MGM use I guess I'll just have to go back again now to see how Hollywood Studios differs from Disney-MGM!
You're making me want chocolate covered strawberries SO bad! It's crazy that they can have them so sweet when they're not even in season.
Can't wait for the next update. How many days do you have left? I haven't been keeping count lol.
Check out my pre-TR if you ever get time!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 01-16-2008, 01:11 AM   #110
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
You're making me want chocolate covered strawberries SO bad! It's crazy that they can have them so sweet when they're not even in season.
Can't wait for the next update. How many days do you have left? I haven't been keeping count lol.
Check out my pre-TR if you ever get time!
Let's see...MGM (ahem, Hollywood Studios!) was Day 3 and in total there are 9 days, so that leaves 6 more days! Well, that last day is a travel day, so really 5 more days.

I stopped by your pre-trippie and it's great! I'll go back and "leave my mark" though
Old 01-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #111
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

oops, double post!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:20 PM   #112
BostonTink85
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...

I'm loving your trip report so far!! Sounds like you had a great time...my parents just went in Oct. for their 25th wedding anniversary (they didn't go for their honeymoon though) and had a fantastic time.

As for the college-age kids you saw, they were interns from one of the big accounting firms (a few of my friends were lucky enough to get to go!)
DKM
Old 01-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #113
jackdis
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report. I am really enjoying it so far! Back to reading...I'm on page 4!
1990 WDW Grad Nite 2003 Swan and Dolphin Disney Wonder Aug. 2004 Hawaii June 2005 POFQ April 2006 CBR June-July 2006 POP Aug. 2006 POP February 2007 HawaiiMar.-Apr. 2007 POPJuly NCL Cruise to Bermuda Aug.-Sept. 2007 POP November 2007 POP Feb. 2008 NOLA/Carnival Cruise to Mexico March2008POPMay 2008 RCCL Bahamas/EPCOTAugust 2008 POLY CL Dec. 08/Jan. 09 CBR Feb. 2009 POFQ JULY 2009 POLY CL
March 2010 BLT JULY 2010 BLTFeb 2011 1 night at BLT post cruiseJULY 2011 BLT
July 2012 Off property
July 2013 BLT/AKL
Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #114
k_reile
Slowly converting my son into a Disney lover!

Just found your trip report. Loving it so far. DH and I got married Aug 14 2004. DH and I had the opposite Honeymoon dilemas as you and your DH. I REALLY wanted to have a disneymoon. DH not soo much. So we decided between hawaii and St lucia..ended up choosing ST Lucia...because we wanted to relax on our honeymoon and just lay on the beach and we felt that if we went to hawaii that we would want to do a lot of tourist stuff since neither one of us has been there. Let me tell you we ST lucia...it was soo tropical...relaxing and very romantic.
But now reading your trip report...staying at GF...I had to go and do a week cost for GF castle view with DPP for a week...and it matches about what we paid for one week in ST lucia....so I am thinking maybe 10 year anniversary at GF...but by then we will probably have kids...probably hard to go on an anniversary trip to WDW and not take your kids.
Though we just went in Sept to celebrate our third anniversary. Maybe you and your DH should go to St Lucia for your 3rd...hahahah
Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #115
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if anybody's still following along, but I promise to get the next installment out sometime this week! My computer at home died so I've only had a work computer for internet access, hence no updates But we ordered a new computer this weekend and it's set to arrive tomorrow! I've got the pictures loaded already so I just need to get inspired with some narrative, but that should be okay as I'm never at a loss for words Sorry for the delay and I hope you'll all stay with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTink85 View Post
I'm loving your trip report so far!! Sounds like you had a great time...my parents just went in Oct. for their 25th wedding anniversary (they didn't go for their honeymoon though) and had a fantastic time.

As for the college-age kids you saw, they were interns from one of the big accounting firms (a few of my friends were lucky enough to get to go!)
Thanks!! Lucky parents!

And you're right, it was definitely some accounting firm like Ernst&Young or soemthing...and I remember thinking I wish I had taken a summer job like that when I was in college!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdis View Post
Just found your trip report. I am really enjoying it so far! Back to reading...I'm on page 4!
Thanks for reading! I'm hoping to have more posted this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
Just found your trip report. Loving it so far. DH and I got married Aug 14 2004. DH and I had the opposite Honeymoon dilemas as you and your DH. I REALLY wanted to have a disneymoon. DH not soo much. So we decided between hawaii and St lucia..ended up choosing ST Lucia...because we wanted to relax on our honeymoon and just lay on the beach and we felt that if we went to hawaii that we would want to do a lot of tourist stuff since neither one of us has been there. Let me tell you we ST lucia...it was soo tropical...relaxing and very romantic.
But now reading your trip report...staying at GF...I had to go and do a week cost for GF castle view with DPP for a week...and it matches about what we paid for one week in ST lucia....so I am thinking maybe 10 year anniversary at GF...but by then we will probably have kids...probably hard to go on an anniversary trip to WDW and not take your kids.
Though we just went in Sept to celebrate our third anniversary. Maybe you and your DH should go to St Lucia for your 3rd...hahahah
I'm sure I won't have a problem selling St. Lucia to DH for a 10th anniversary trip since that's where he wanted to go in the first place I think in the end, your honeymoon is your honeymoon so it's amazing no matter where you go! But that doesn't mean you can't use an anniversary as an excuse to go where you didn't go for your honeymoon
Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 PM   #116
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Hope you got your computer fixed, or maybe bought a new one, looking forward to the rest of your TR.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:29 AM   #117
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

I am working on the next installment right now! I just need to get a couple pictures off the other computer and I'll be ready to post later today, I promise!

Hope there's still at least one person out there who's interested!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 AM   #118
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

I'm still here, waiting patiently!!!
Hope to read your update very soon
xxx

Old 03-06-2008, 11:36 AM   #119
BostonTink85
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes...

I'm still here as well - can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!
DKM
Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 PM   #120
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

Just found your thread. Im taking my fiance on his first trip in hopefully september, and i've greatly enjoyed reading about your couples only trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: