Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 09:15 PM   #91
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part II – August 14, 2007

We finished off our yummy lunches and headed over toward the other side of the park. I had never been to the Muppet 3-D show and knew that it was something I definitely wanted to see this time. Tigger and I both grew up watching the Muppets and have such fond memories of the corny jokes and silly antics of Kermit and Ms. Piggy and the crew. I particularly love Beaker So we made our way over and it was pretty calm so we took some time to investigate the fountain:

Do you see the resemblance between me and Miss Piggy? I hope not!!

Of course once we got inside, we had to do the thing from the Fans’ Guide to WDW show and look for the key under the mat!

I loved all the details they included:

Of course we had to take the requisite ridiculous 3-D glasses picture

I enjoyed the show, though the newer 3-D shows have made some pretty cool improvements. I think I may have loved the two old guys sitting up in the box seats the most It was also nice just to cool off in the air-conditioning for a while given the intense heat outside! Anyways, after the show, we emerged back into the sunlight and Kermit bid us farewell:

We made a quick stop in NYC:

And then it was off to a galaxy far, far away…where we saw *gasp*

He was accompanied by his evil minions...who were strangely friendly and accommodating

We enjoyed a bumpy ride through some rough territories, but made it out okay in the end! I still think the Star Tours ride is pretty cool – not the most exciting ride ever, but a good dose of fun with a dash of irreverence and a touch of nausea After Star Tours, we were pretty beat from the crazy heat and the crowds of people. We had to come back in a few hours for our dinner at the Brown Derby and Fantasmic anyways, so we decided to head back to the hotel for an afternoon swim and some much-needed showers. On our way out of the park, we ran into a few wacky workers on the street:

What a great way to end the first part of our day at MGM!

Up next: It starts to pour…do we get rained out of Fantasmic?!?
Old 01-03-2008, 02:23 AM   #92
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Really great update! How dare you call it MGM. You know it's 'Hollywood Studios' now! LOL
Don't feel bad, it's our least favorite park also. Not that we dislike it, it's just not a favorite. We still have to go to it though. How can you not?
I have to admit, I thought your burn was a honeymoon hickey LOL. I wasn't gonna say nothin, but.... Sorry!
I'm sorry it was hurting. I've burned myself like that before on my forehead and it doesn't feel good.

You don't look a thing like Miss Piggy!

BTW, I started a pre-TR if you ever want to check it out Shameless plug, sorry! Link in sig!

Can't wait for your next update!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2008, 09:39 AM   #93
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Just found your trip report and am enjoying it thoroughly! It brings back good memories of my Disneymoon back in '01. (Yes, another disneymooner! )

We went again in '06 for our anniversary and will be heading down this coming July for our first trip as DVC members! This time we'll be taking my parents and grandmother with us for part of the trip.

Like you, I have SO many fond memories of Disney from when I was a kid. Our grandparents used to take my sister and I frequently when we were growing up. I'm so excited to be taking my parents and grandmother (my grandfather will be with us in spirit). Even though I consider myself to be a bit of an expert with the parks, I've been researching like CRAZY because I want everyone to love it as much as I do!

I'm looking forward to your next update!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:54 PM   #94
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueEeyore View Post
Really great update! How dare you call it MGM. You know it's 'Hollywood Studios' now! LOL
Don't feel bad, it's our least favorite park also. Not that we dislike it, it's just not a favorite. We still have to go to it though. How can you not?
Oh dear, pardonez-moi!! I guess I need to get with the times and start thinking of it as Hollywood Studios. It feels weird to think of it as anything except MGM though!

Quote:
I have to admit, I thought your burn was a honeymoon hickey LOL. I wasn't gonna say nothin, but.... Sorry!
I'm sorry it was hurting. I've burned myself like that before on my forehead and it doesn't feel good.
I knew people were going to think it was a hickey! it was really unfortunate, though, and it stressed me out sooo much right before the wedding because I wasn't sure the makeup artist was going to be able to cover it! Luckily, it all worked out fine, but I was sooo kicking myself for giving myself the biggest burn I've ever had!

Quote:
You don't look a thing like Miss Piggy!
Awww, thanks! Although now that the wedding diet is but a faint memory and the Boston winter is in full swing, the Miss Piggy vibes are coming back!

Quote:
BTW, I started a pre-TR if you ever want to check it out Shameless plug, sorry! Link in sig!

Can't wait for your next update!
I'll check out your pre-trippy! Next update should be up tonight! Thanks for staying with me!
Old 01-08-2008, 01:03 PM   #95
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

oops, double post!
Old 01-08-2008, 03:39 PM   #96
TrueEeyore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymooner07 View Post
Oh dear, pardonez-moi!! I guess I need to get with the times and start thinking of it as Hollywood Studios. It feels weird to think of it as anything except MGM though!

I knew people were going to think it was a hickey! it was really unfortunate, though, and it stressed me out sooo much right before the wedding because I wasn't sure the makeup artist was going to be able to cover it! Luckily, it all worked out fine, but I was sooo kicking myself for giving myself the biggest burn I've ever had!

Awww, thanks! Although now that the wedding diet is but a faint memory and the Boston winter is in full swing, the Miss Piggy vibes are coming back!

I'll check out your pre-trippy! Next update should be up tonight! Thanks for staying with me!

I know DH and I will probably never call it Hollywood Studios. Just doesn't feel right.
Can't wait for the update!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:21 PM   #97
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Just found your trip report and am enjoying it thoroughly! It brings back good memories of my Disneymoon back in '01. (Yes, another disneymooner! )

We went again in '06 for our anniversary and will be heading down this coming July for our first trip as DVC members! This time we'll be taking my parents and grandmother with us for part of the trip.

Like you, I have SO many fond memories of Disney from when I was a kid. Our grandparents used to take my sister and I frequently when we were growing up. I'm so excited to be taking my parents and grandmother (my grandfather will be with us in spirit). Even though I consider myself to be a bit of an expert with the parks, I've been researching like CRAZY because I want everyone to love it as much as I do!

I'm looking forward to your next update!
Thanks for joining in! And another Disneymooner to boo! I love hearing that other people also went to WDW for their honeymoons so I don't feel like such a weirdo for dragging us there Where did you stay when you went? And I want to hear about your upcoming trip - what's the plan, Stan? Congrats on becoming DVC members!! I have a feeling that might be something we consider very seriously in the future if I continue on the Disney trend It would be lovely to think of WDW as a home away from home and to be able to give our kids experiences like your grandparents were able to give you! And how sweet that you get to take them there with you now!

Thanks for jumping in and I'll have the next installment up shortly!
Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 PM   #98
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part III – August 14, 2007

Well, we went back to the hotel with every intention of cooling off with a nice swim in the pool, but as soon as we got back, I lay down on the comfy cool bed and was OUT! DH let me sleep for about an hour or so and even lay down with me for a bit and took this picture before he woke me up:

Haha I have absolutely no recollection of this and was probably drooling profusely onto the bedspread. Oh well! So clearly we needed the nap and after we got up, we took our showers and felt much refreshed to head back over for our evening at MGM, ahem, Hollywood Studios. We arrived and went straight to check in at Brown Derby for our ridiculously early dinner reservation. It’s one gripe I have with the Fantasmic dinner package – the only times they have are seemingly before 5:30! Oh well, we had to wait probably half an hour, so by the time we actually sat down to eat, we had enough appetite to do some damage

We were seated in the elevated area where we had a great view of the whole restaurant. Here’s Tigger trying to look sophisticated:

I got some yummy butternut squash soup for the appetizer and DH got some type of ravioli which was yummy.

Tigger got the wine flight:

He looks excited here, but actually the wines didn’t turn out to be very good Oh well. I got some salmon dish which was good and DH got a duck and sausage dish which was extremely rich. And then before dessert we got some pixie dust! The waitress sent over some champagne to celebrate us being on our honeymoon:

That was so nice! Tigger enjoyed the champagne with his dessert:

I got the grapefruit cake, which was a bit too bitter for my taste. Oh well, I had to try it after hearing all the chatter on the DIS and now I can say I’ve tried it! Overall, I have to say that while I enjoyed the décor and theming at the Brown Derby, I am really glad we didn’t pay out of pocket for the food! It was 2 TS credits each on the dining plan, but we had budgeted that into our eating plan so it was fine and I was curious to see what it was like, but really the food was not worth the amount it would have cost.

Aaanyways, onto more rides before Fantasmic! We still had quite a few hours to fill and some Dream Fastpasses burning up around our necks! I really wanted to see Voyage of the Little Mermaid because I love the movie and didn’t see the show the last time I was at MGM. DH probably wasn’t that excited to see the show, but just as he opened his mouth to complain, the skies opened up and it started to pour cats and dogs! Luckily, the Little Mermaid theatre is right near Brown Derby so we just dashed over and got under the awning in the fastpass line – gotta love those Dream Fastpasses! There were some poor soaked people hiding pathetically under an umbrella stand in front of the theatre, but unfortunately for them, there was absolutely no room left under the Little Mermaid awning as everyone was already packed in like sardines! Finally we made it into the waiting area and had to wait about another 15 minutes in the holding pen – it started to get a bit unpleasant as there were many screaming, unhappy, wet kids running around and everyone was jockeying for a better position near the doors at the front. Not necessarily the best moment of the trip Anyways, we eventually made it in and the show started. I thought it was really cute and I liked all the bright colors and how they achieved the underwater effect in the theatre overall – I have to say, though, it made me really look forward to see the Nemo show at AK in a few days!

After our voyage with the Little Mermaid, we beat a path back over toward RnRC. Luckily, it had been a typical summer Florida storm and the rain had passed as quickly as it arrived. Tigger was hankering for another adrenaline rush and we still had Dream Fastpasses so we could get on quick before heading over to Fantasmic. Again, we absolutely *loved* it and I remembered to get a “redneck” shot of our photo at the end:

Nice, huh? Well, after our exciting trip with Aerosmith, we finally started heading over toward the Fantasmic area. Here’s Tigger clearing a path:

We were on the late side because we knew we had reserved seats with the dinner package, but I nevertheless felt stressed just seeing all the herds of people stomping off toward the show! There happened to be some huuuuge group of young college-age kids at WDW that week as part of some recruitment trip for some big company. I’m talking like maybe a couple thousand kids! They blocked off two or three whole sections at Fantasmic for them and I saw them all week at our hotel with their nametags and paraphernalia. Anyways, we entered behind a big bunch of these kids and found our way over to our section. We ended up practically in the last row, but we were happy nonetheless:

After a few delays, the show finally began! I took a bunch of photos, but without flash a lot of them are pretty blurry:

It was the first time either of us had seen Fantasmic and we both loved it! DH loved how energetic and excited Mickey was! He thought it was adorable that Mickey got so into all his arm motions and I thought it was adorable that DH thought it was adorable! An all-around big thumbs-up from us.

Finally we made our way back toward the hotel and we were greeted by yet another bit of pixie dust – this is what we found upon returning to our beautiful room!

The strawberries were delicious and as you already know, chocolate-covered strawberries are Tigger’s favorite treat in the world, so he was in heaven! What a way to cap off a fantastic day! We sat out on the balcony enjoying our dreamy view of the Magic Kingdom while eating our yummy treat and we just felt like the luckiest people on the planet!

Here’s a closing shot of the view we enjoyed:

Up next: Day 4 at…EPCOT!
Old 01-08-2008, 10:01 PM   #99
momtostitchandbuzz
Earning My Ears

Just wanted to tell you I love reading your trip report. It looks like you had an amazing time! I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing...Loved all your photos.

OFFSITE: 1995
ALL STAR MOVIES: SEPT. 2006
POP Resort: SEPT 2008
First Disney CRUISE+WDW!! NOV 2009
7 Day Eastern Cruise November 2011
Disney Land July 2013
7 Day Western Cruise Halloween 2013

Old 01-08-2008, 10:06 PM   #100
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtostitchandbuzz View Post
Just wanted to tell you I love reading your trip report. It looks like you had an amazing time! I am so jealous! Thanks for sharing...Loved all your photos.
Hi! Thanks for popping in!! We really did have a great time and I just love reliving it when I am writing this trippie and I see all the photos reminding me of everything!

Stay tuned and hopefully I'll have another installment up this weekend!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 AM   #101
TrueEeyore

Great update!! You got so many wonderful surprises for your honeymoon. I wish I would have made it clearer that it was our honeymoon, but it's a little late for that now.

That picture of you sleeping is just too cute! I'm glad y'all liked Fantasmic and those strawberries look GOOOOOOOD. I love chocolate covered strawberries.

Looks like it was a good day at HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!! I guess you can technically still say MGM, since it was MGM while you were there I won't tell on you

Can't wait for the next upate!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:33 AM   #102
DisneyJoo2008
DIS Veteran

Phew!
Managed to catch up on everything before work starts - REALLY enjoying your trip report and can't wait to read more!!!!!!!!!!

Joo xxx

Old 01-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #103
coconutsunshine
DIS Veteran

I am soooo loving your trip report. You are doing an excellent job! can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip and all the pixie dust you experienced! You really are having a magical trip!

Congratualtions on your marriage!!

On a side note: Isn't it fun wearing the bridal ears! DH and I honeymooned at WDW as well and I loved wearing my ears!! We only wore our ears at night though since we went in August and it was way too hot to wear them during the day!!
Old 01-12-2008, 12:05 PM   #104
IcePrincess467
Love everything about WDW and I am Addicted to The Dis!!

Loving your report so far, looking foward to reading more!!

Cast: Me (28), DH (30), DS (3.5 months) WDW Honeymoon May 2005, WDW Easter Trip April 2007 , WDW 2008 17 day vacation!, Connor's First Visit to meet Mickey April 2010
Old 01-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #105
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Quote:
Thanks for joining in! And another Disneymooner to boo! I love hearing that other people also went to WDW for their honeymoons so I don't feel like such a weirdo for dragging us there Where did you stay when you went? And I want to hear about your upcoming trip - what's the plan, Stan? Congrats on becoming DVC members!! I have a feeling that might be something we consider very seriously in the future if I continue on the Disney trend It would be lovely to think of WDW as a home away from home and to be able to give our kids experiences like your grandparents were able to give you! And how sweet that you get to take them there with you now!
We stayed at CBR when we went. (As young musicians, deluxe accomadations were not in the financial cards for us - especially since we got married right after I finished my master's at a very expensive conservatory.) But we absolutely LOVED our disneymoon - such a great time. Then, when we went for our fifth anniversary, we were both pretty much hooked on wanting to take regular trips, but weren't sure yet about DVC (financially speaking). But thanks to our very successful Christmas caroling business, DVC became a very real possibility - so we went for it!

I think I just might be motivated to do my own trip report now! We won't be going until July, though, so it's still a bit early! I'll have to start reading pre-trip reports to see how that all works!

I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: