Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2007, 10:18 PM   #76
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Great update! Your view was sooooo great! How wonderful that the service was so fantastic. I found it to be the same way at the Poly on my Disneymoon. Disney is the greatest!

Sorry your DH got bored on the TTA and COP...TTA is one of DH's and my favorite rides!

Can't wait for the next installment.
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #77
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful view you got the second time around. I can totally understand your excitement!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2007, 08:26 AM   #78
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Nicole786: Thanks! I had never been to the GF before this trip either and it didn't disappoint! It was really pretty and quaint and Disney really does get the theming just right I'm not sure it was really DH's speed, though, with all the frills and Victorian influence He's already said he's much more interested in staying at the AKL or Polynesian next time. I'll take that!

LMO429: Oh man, I soooo wish I had had my bachelorette party there! You'll have so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it! Do you have pictures of the proposal on Main Street? That's so sweet that he did that! And look at it this way for your honeymoon - you get the best of both worlds: Hawaii *and* some Disney! What's not to love?

TrueEeyore: Isn't Disney servie just the best?!? I really was genuinely surprised they were so concerned - we would have been fine in the old room if they didn't have another room, so anything they found for us was just icing on the cake! I keep telling people - Disney is the place to go for your honeymoon because they really do take great care of you. Plus, you get to wear silly pins and Minnie ears so people say "Congratulations" to you the whole time - it's so fun!

Lifelong_Dreamer: The view really was everything I had dreamed of I don't know if it warranted that level of silliness from me, but oh well!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:17 PM   #79
TrueEeyore

I know, people were telling us congrats left and right, and we only wore the pins! Everyone was really sweet. Did you get anything free? We got a free game at Winter/Summerland, and free raspberry lemonades.
I guess I'll have to wait and read for myself huh? You better get to updating then, missy!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #80
Jacklynn
Recently moved to Florida!

What a great TR! I Subbied btw!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM   #81
Jacklynn
Recently moved to Florida!

You seem like you had such a great trip! I love your excitement

I subbied!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #82
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Hi I just found your TR and love it. I want to stay at the GF for my 25th anniversary and hopefully it will be a vow renewal at WDW. First, I want to say that your BM dresses are beautiful. I love the color. Second, you guys are too cute together. My DH isn't a big Disney fanatic like me either but we are going in 2009 for Thanksgiving and will be there hopefully for the Christmas decorations which I can't wait for. Here's to waiting for the next installment

Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #83
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

TrueEeyore: Oh my gosh did we get a lot of free stuff that week! I can't wait to write about all the Pixie Dust! Let's just say we were on the Disney Dining Plan and we couldn't even use our snack credits because all the CM's just kept giving us everything for free! I guess they figure if you're willing to look that ridiculous and wear Minnie ears in the baking August heat, you've earned it! And I promise I'm working on the next installment - this week at work has just been horrific but I'm hoping for a bit of a reprieve over the weekend. Stay tuned!

Jacklynn: Welcome!! Thanks for joining - it really was such a fun trip and I'm having so much fun sharing it! I hope to have the next installment up soon!

DisneyLaura: Welcome!! I hope you do do your vow renewal at GF - it was really a beautiful and lovely place to relax and feel in love You're lucky you have a trip on the horizon - I'm already dying to go back! And Disney World is just amazing at the holidays!! You'll have an amazing time And thanks for the compliments! I really loved how the BM's dresses turned out - I was pretty worried for a while that they were all going to look like ugly lime popsicles, but they all came out just as I had hoped for Thanks for dropping by and I'll try to have the next installment up soon!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #84
disney_fan_fam
It's 'Ohana not O'Hana....that's all. :)

Wonderful TR! I'm subbing!

I'm a Lesportsac fan-atic too

Aloha
Old 11-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #85
TrueEeyore

Hey girl. Just letting you know I'm waiting (kinda) patiently for the next update!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #86
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Loving the updates. Philharmagic is always great, one of my favorites. Great job with all the pics!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 11-25-2007, 10:37 AM   #87
babieemelly
DIS Veteran

Hey! I just found your report and I just want to let you know that I'm subscribing and I'll get caught up tonight. It looks great!
Old 12-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #88
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

I know, I know!!! I've been absolutely horrible about installments, but I'm still alive and if you can believe it, this is the first moment I've had to get on here and let y'all know that I'm alive!

I'm about to go to bed right now, but MERRY CHRISTMAS to all who are celebrating and I hope to be up with a new installment within the week
Old 12-28-2007, 06:48 AM   #89
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Loved your last installment. What a great view from your room!!! I would love to be able to see the castle like that from my balcony. I take pictures of every float during Spectromagic too. It's the best parade. Waiting for more .
Old 01-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #90
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 3, Part I – August 14, 2007

Today we were headed off to MGM for a taste of that old Hollywood glamour! I had done all my TGM and Birnbaum researching and supposedly MGM was the best place to be for the day. I have to start off by saying MGM is the least favorite of the four parks for me because I’m not that into the live-action shows and stuff, but there was no way I was not going to go at all! Plus, Tigger had never been – when he came, there was only Magic Kingdom and Epcot, so he had to at least see what the place looked like and good thing we did!

Here we are waiting at the bus stop first thing in the morning – it was already really hot and humid so the camera was fogging up! Oh, and I should probably mention at this point, you'll see a big band-aid on my neck in all the pictures - that was to cover the burn I gave myself as I was curling my hair for our rehearsal dinner! Thank goodness the makeup artist was able to cover it up for the day of the wedding, but it unfortunately did really start to hurt and blister during the honeymoon Hence the bandage in all the honeymoon photos!

Anyways, we arrived fairly close to opening time and headed in:

Of course, the first place we headed was toward RnRC and ToT!

I’m not a huge fan of ToT because I’m terrified of heights and don’t like that dropping feeling, but I figured I should drag DH on to make sure he had the full MGM experience Well, we got fastpasses to ToT first and then went and got in line for RnRC. The line was surprisingly long already, but there was no way it was getting any shorter so we waited. And good thing we did!!! Right before we were set to walk into the room with the studio bit, we spotted a bunch of Dream Team folks standing on the side to our left. We chatted with them and they asked us where we were from and stuff, but then we just waited around a while longer and they stood there not really doing anything. I was starting to lose hope when the door opened to let us into the room and the line started to move forward, but suddenly one of the Dream Team folks walked in front of us to stand on our right and another member stepped up on our left. The one on the right pulled out a counter and the one on the left suddenly pulled out a huge bunch of lanyards with…DREAM FASTPASSES!!! Yayyyyy!!!

What a way to start off the day! We were ecstatic and felt so lucky to be in the right place at the right time!

Anyways, we finally got onto RnRC and Tigger absolutely loooved it! He wasn’t a big roller coaster fan until recently and this one is now definitely tops in his book. That initial take-off is something else and we loved that the soundtrack works so well with the excitement of the ride. We checked out our picture afterward and it was so funny that I was suckered into buying it. Unfortunately I don’t have it in digital form, just the printed version or I’d post it!

So after RnRC, we started heading toward ToT, but Tigger started to think maybe we didn’t need to ride that after all. He has acid reflux and gets heartburn really easily and he was worried that in combination with the loops of RnRC, he might get some nasty heartburn. Plus I think maybe he was picking up on my trepidation even though I was trying to put on a brave face!

As we walked back toward the rest of the park, we ran into some characters in the streets:

They were a blast, especially the cop – I really felt like I was getting into trouble until he told us congratulations! We headed over toward The Great Movie Ride. For some reason, the line for this ride is deceptively long. They said the wait time was 15 minutes but it ended up being closer to 45 minutes. We got the cowboy version which was nice because the last time I went on it I got the gangster version. We had a good time and I snapped a picture of Tigger in the Wizard of Oz part:

By this time, it was time for our ADR at Prime Time – I had made a super early ADR because we had an early ADR at the Brown Derby as part of the Fantasmic package later that night. So we got to Prime Time and got checked in and seated. I had never been to PTC and I thought all the kitschy touches were so cute and fun. We took a few pictures:

Tigger had the chicken breast sandwich with a real cherry coke which he absolutely loved, and I had the fish sandwich and a chocolate milkshake which was super tasty! Say bye-bye to the wedding diet!!!

Up next: Afternoon at MGM and does the weather hold for Fantasmic?!?

Last edited by Disneymooner07; 01-01-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: