Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2007, 01:55 PM   #46
TLC371
DIS Veteran

Hi! I'm enjoying your trip report! I'm going on my own Disney honeymoon in December and can't wait!!
Summer 1978/October 2003/September 2004/October 2005/ September 2006--we got engaged at Epcot! /October 2007/ December 2007/September 2008: You can read about those 3 trips here: Disneymoons/Anniversary
Old 10-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #47
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

yay Disney!

Subscribing! I just got back from our disneymoon and cannot wait to write my own trip report!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #48
Poohbear67
DIS Veteran

subbing

April "08" AKL
April "08"Pop Century April "08"
MNSSHP Sept. "08"
Pop Century Sept. "08"
All Star Music Dec. "07"
Pop Century Mojito Gang "07"
MNSSHP Sept. 14th "07
AK Sept. "06"
All Star Sports Sept. "06"
Old 10-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #49
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Hendoendo: Congratulations! What a great reason not to go to Disney World!!! You must be so excited! We too look forward to the day when we will be able to bring our children to experience the magic

TrueEeyore: Niiice!!! That must have been so much fun to have such a great surprise! I am definitely impressed you were able to keep it secret, but I'm sure it was quite a struggle

Lifelong_Dreamer: Thanks! I didn't realize how nicely it turned out until I got home and saw it on the computer

schoen: I'm working on ending the suspense!

TLC371: Oh, you're going to have soooo much fun!!! I wish we could go on honeymoons every year You'll have to do your own trip report when you get back!

Jenna319: Welcome! Aren't disneymoon's the best? Tell us about yours too!

Poobear67: Thanks for joining! Next installment will be up very soon!
Old 10-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #50
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 2, Part I – Monday, August 13, 2007

I am sorry it’s been a while since my last post. I just began a new job recently and it’s taken a little bit of time to get settled into my new routine and figure out when bedtime is! But onward and forward!

Where were we? Oh right, my favorite part of any Disney vacation – the first morning at Disney World!!! Isn’t there just nothing like waking up to a full vacation at the best place on the planet? I just love that feeling on the first morning. Now, I remember every time in the past when I went to Disney World that I always jumped out of bed the first morning bursting with excitement. So I fully expected that on this trip in particular with so much planned and with my new husband by my side, I would be even more excited and awake by 6:00am! So imagine my surprise when Stitch and Mickey called at 7:00am and I could barely crack an eyelid We were so tired from the previous week of running around in preparation for the wedding that I’m embarrassed to admit it was actually a struggle to get out of bed!

But, my dear friends, I’m not totally crazy! I mean, come on, it’s DISNEY WORLD!!! So after about 5 minutes of lolling around like ragdolls with bad breath, we realized we were burning not just daylight, but DISNEY daylight, so we popped up and started getting ready for we had reservations at 8:05am at the Crystal Palace for breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and Friends. We raced around and ran a little late because I wanted to pack up all our things back into our suitcases before we left.

You see, that morning when I woke up, I sat up in bed hoping to see Cinderella’s Castle – the view I had been dreaming of for 9 months! But instead I only saw a tree and the Contemporary Resort So I called reception in the morning as we were getting ready and asked if they had a different room for us with a better view – they said to call back later because the people who assign rooms were not in until 9 or 10. Anyways, so we packed everything up and left it all sitting in the room and headed out to catch the monorail.

After a few minutes of waiting, the monorail pulled up and we got in. To say that I couldn’t sit still is an understatement! I was like a little kid sitting on the edge of my seat with my face plastered to the window…except I was sitting on the wrong side and all I saw was the hotel Anyways, after what seemed like forever but which was actually about 3 minutes, we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Yay!!!

It was around 8:10am at this point and we saw tons of people standing outside the front gates waiting for the opening ceremony – I’ve never seen it actually and I really hope we get to it on our next trip. Anyways, we felt a little bit like sneaky smarty-pants when we went over to the special entrance on the right for people with breakfast reservations. There were some cast members with those Mickey hands on waving us in – it made me so happy to see the Mickey hands! So in we went through the magical passageway and we were finally in!!! It was so amazing to get there early when there was absolutely nobody around – it felt like Main Street was open especially for us. Luckily there was actually a cast member around who was able to capture the moment for us:

Isn’t that amazing?!? Seriously nobody around! I’ll share a little secret now – I actually skipped part of the way down Main Street Well, nobody was there to look crazy at me and it was such a happy moment, what was a girl supposed to do?!? We also took advantage of the empty park to take a few more pictures, although it was hard to actually find anyone to take the photos! We bothered a nice family for this one which I absolutely love (it’s my desktop photo):

I also took this one which I think is pretty nice:

And of course I like this one too!

Finally, after a fair bit of prancing and posing, we made it to the Crystal Palace. We checked in and the girl at the desk was so nice – she was so excited that we were honeymooners that she gave us two “Just Married” pins even though we were already sporting some! I had never been to Crystal Palace before and it’s really just so pretty! It was a bright, sunny day and not too hot yet, so we enjoyed waiting outside for a bit. The sun was hitting the glass pavilion and everyone around was in such a happy mood, looking forward to the rest of the day in the best place on earth. After maybe 10 minutes, we headed inside and were seated. This was what we saw first:

Our server was also really sweet about us being honeymooners (it was written into all of our reservations – gotta love the Disney dining folks!) and so we were greeted by this when we got to our table:

The Disney confetti heap was in the shape of Mickey! It was so cute. Of course Tigger couldn’t just leave the confetti alone, so it ended up here:

What a silly goose! Well, after the server explained how things work in the restaurant, we lost no time in getting to the food! I was quite obscene and grabbed a little bit (okay, a lot!) of everything:

Whatever those fried donut things are – yummm! It wasn’t long before the Pooh Parade started making its way around and we couldn’t help but join in with the flag-waving fun!

At the same time, our server brought us yet another little surprise that was sooo sweet – both literally and figuratively:

The icing on that cupcake was really an amazing feat of science – I’m not sure how to get 10 pounds of sugar into that little dollop of icing, but Disney has figured it out! The cupcake came with a certificate for a magical experience signed by Pooh and all his friends. Super sweet! After all the hubbub died down from the parade, we were able to meet some of our favorite characters. Piglet sort of clobbered me:

But we made up

We met Tigger’s favorite…

And then the big bear himself:

Things were taking quite a while though and I was antsy to get to the rides as I saw tons of people going by! It was a great time at the Crystal Palace, but time to ride some rides! So we “bounced” out of there with our bellies full and smiles on our faces:

Next up: Tomorrowland!!!

Last edited by Disneymooner07; 10-22-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #51
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Great update! I was hoping you hadn't forgotten about us. AWESOME pics of an empty MK! I don't blame you one bit for skipping. I would have skipped the whole way! Can't wait for more
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #52
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

SUBSCRIBING!!! My DF and I will be honeymooning at WDW in January. This is also both of our FIRST times at WDW and I can't wait to read the rest of your TR and write my own
February 2010 - Grandparent's first trip - Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2011 - 4 day Bahama's DCL/4 days @ Beach Club

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2qfx45nwaimr5.png[/img]

February 2010 Pre-Trippie
Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #53
djcandyrocker
Mouseketeer

You are ADORABLE!
I am so happy you had such a wonderful Disneymoon!
Your smile is infectious!!
Beautiful couple!!!
Congratulations and many blessings!
1997 Poly for our Honeymoon! (March) 1997 Grand Floridian with family (Aug-Sept)
1999 Poly with hubby (March)
2004 Grand Floridian with whole family (April)
2007 Pop Century (March) were moved to Port Orleans
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort first week of Dec.
2008 All Star Music December
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas Kidani (as new DVC members) soooo excited!
2010 AKL - Jambo in December again

DH ME DS (3 years old)
luto: :
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #54
Lei
Mouseketeer

I am so envious right now! You guys are cute and seem like having the best times of your lives I wish I can be a Disneymooner someday (dream on, Lei ) Waiting for next installment!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #55
bransworld
Mouseketeer

Great report so far... Subbing.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #56
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Enjoying the report. Keep the updates coming!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 10-24-2007, 10:50 PM   #57
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

TrueEeyore: I'm glad to see a kindred spirit And maybe I skipped a little more than I admitted

DISNEYmooner2008: Congratulations!!! Oh, you are going to have the absolute best time - there's nothing like the first time at WDW, plus it'll be your honeymoon!!! Awww...

djcandyrocker: Thanks! You're so sweet!! We did have such a fun time - I guess it shows in the pictures!

Lei, bransworld, and Coach81: Thanks so much for dropping by! You're in luck - the next installment is coming right up!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:55 PM   #58
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 2, Part II – Monday, August 13, 2007

With our bellies full and our spirits high, we headed over to…you guessed it, Space Mountain! Not that we wanted to ride just yet. Oh nooo, not just after gorging ourselves on pastries and sausages! I was being a dutiful Tour Guide Mike girl and getting our fastpasses for later.

Now, I have to confess that when I was planning out this whole trip and trying to figure out which parks to go to on which days, and where and when to make my ADRs, I had a really hard time making myself follow all the touring plans and whatnot. I had never done so much planning for Disney World before – not even when my whole family went over Christmas in 2004 – and we had never had a bad time. I had never heard of the DisBoards (blasphemy I know!) or Tour Guide Mike or the Birnbaum guides…imagine that! But I figured I should do a good job planning this trip so that we minimized wait times and had good ADRs because I wanted Tigger to have a great time and want to come back! You like how all the scheming really just comes back to benefiting me? The only thing I just could not obey no matter how hard I tried was going to a park other than Magic Kingdom for our first full day – both the touring plans and Tour Guide Mike suggested different parks for this day and I tried for a while to talk myself into going to Epcot for the first day, but in the end, I couldn’t imagine not seeing Cinderella’s Castle the first morning. Oh well, I tried!

Aaanyways, back to my dilemma in the Magic Kingdom. So in the past, my family and I would always always go left at the roundabout and head toward Adventureland. Some of my greatest memories involve the early morning hours in Adventureland when it was quiet and we could spend as much time as we wanted in the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I don’t know why, but I just looooove that tree house! So the idea that we had to veer right at the roundabout and head first toward Tomorrowland was a little tough for me to digest, but I figured it was my duty this trip to make sure we weren’t stuck in a 2 hour line later on!!!

So off we skipped to Tomorrowland, where we gathered our fastpasses. The line was already surprisingly long, but I guess we’d been at breakfast for a while so lots of people had already made it into the park. But we were contented with our fastpasses and happily headed toward our first ride of the trip: Buzz Lightyear!

I had only been on Buzz once before in Disneyland (I don’t know why we skipped it last time we were in Disney World!), so I was really curious just how different this one would be from the DL version. Turns out it’s a pretty different experience! Although I still love the WDW version, I think I might have to vote for the DL version because it’s just a little more fun to be able to move the laser guns around more. But oooo, I did manage to find the sweet spot on the back of the orange robot’s hand (thank you very much, Ms. Murphy of “Fans’ Guide to Walt Disney World!”) and I think I got somewhere over 300,000 points to handily kick Tigger’s butt Unfortunately, I shared the secret with him and that was the last time I beat him on this trip.

Anyways, so after Buzz, we headed across the front of the castle toward Adventureland – I couldn’t stay away much longer On the way there, we saw Captain Hook’s crocodile and tried our luck:

And here’s one of the least flattering pictures of me ever:

We saw the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House at this point and I of course had to drag us on, so we climbed around for a little bit. It took a little longer than we had planned because on the descent we were behind a couple and their little daughter who was just learning to walk. She handled the stairs going up pretty well, but had some trouble going down ‘cause the steps were too big for her little legs! It was adorable! Eventually the dad got impatient and picked her up to carry her down the rest of the way and that’s when I looked up behind us and saw a huuuge backup of people…ooops! After the tree house, we were in the mood for…can you guess? Here, I’ll give you a hint:

Ahoy matey! I think that’s one of my favorite pictures of Tigger from this trip – he really got that lip curl down perfectly, no? So off we sailed with the Pirates of the Caribbean and it was awesome. One of the blasts of air from the canons in the opening scene actually shot my Minnie ears off! I hadn’t seen the Jack Sparrow additions and they didn’t disappoint – he looked so realistic! I kid you not, I actually heard a couple behind us having a discussion about how that really looked like Johnny Depp but he couldn’t possibly have the time to stand down there in the ride. I swear it’s true!!!

Next up was the Jungle Cruise! We were in the neighborhood and I hadn’t been on this ride in years, so on we went. I should perhaps mention here that Tigger absolutely loooooves puns. Looooves them! I think it runs in the family because his dad is also a huge fan of silly puns. As you can imagine, Tigger thought Jungle Cruise was the absolute best ride ever! It didn’t hurt that our guide had a very dry delivery which fit the absolute silliness of the jokes pretty well.

This was her:

Here’s the elephant we met:

And the ornery rhinos!

By this point, we were pretty hungry, so we were thankful when we crossed over into Frontierland and found the turkey leg cart! Yummy!

We weren’t quite ready for the big mountains of Frontierland yet at this point, so we grabbed fastpasses for Thunder Mountain Railroad and got on the train toward Toon Town. The turkey leg was so huge that we were still eating it while we were on the train! When we got off at Toon Town, though, it was soooo crowded that we pretty much ran straight through and into Fantasyland. We got in line for my absolute favorite ride of all time: Peter Pan!!!! I know it’s like a dinky 30 second ride, but it holds such great memories for me that it will always be my favorite ride. Surprisingly the line wasn’t very long so we didn’t wait to try and get fastpasses.

While we were in line, however, I realized that I never called about the room situation! I suddenly became desperate to talk to the room assignors, so I called them on my cellphone, but I kept getting put on hold. Eventually we got to the front of the line and I still hadn’t gotten an answer so I hung up to try again later. The unfortunate result of this interaction was that I was fairly distracted throughout Peter Pan and wasn’t really able to focus on it until the very end No worries, though – we went on it again later in the trip and in even better circumstances! You'll have to stay tuned to find out the details!

Anyways, so we got off the ride and I got right back on the phone. After about 30 hot and frustrated minutes, I was told they didn’t have any other Magic Kingdom view rooms with king-sized beds, but they could give us a room with a view that had two queen beds. That was fine with me, especially since the king-sized dormer room was actually too small to even lay out my suitcase! So I said we’d take it and could they move our suitcases to the new room please? Noooooo was the crushing answer! They said they couldn’t be responsible for moving the suitcases even though they were already packed because they couldn’t be sure they were ours. So we would have to go back to the hotel to move the suitcases ourselves. Bummer!!! I was pretty upset that we would have to interrupt our big day at the Magic Kingdom to go move our suitcases, but I thought about it and decided it was worth it if it meant we could get a room with a better view.

Soooo, off we went back to the hotel. It was about 1:30pm at this point which meant that my plans for going on all the rides before 2:00pm and then taking the afternoon off wasn’t going to work out quite as planned. Did I mention it was incredibly hot at this point too?!? Woooh was it hot!

Next up: What room do we get? Is it any better? Do we make it back to the park for SpectroMagic? Stay tuned!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:18 AM   #59
Coach81
DIS Veteran

Cheers!!!
Next Trip- Super Summer Trip w Trahans @ SSR Treehouse Villas!!! Last Trip-Mardi Gras '14 VWL, May '13 SSR Grand Villa!!! May '12 AKV 5/11 UF (HRH) 3/11 BLT, 5/10 THV,3/10 UF (RPR), 12/9 BCV, 5/9 BWV, 2/9 SSR, 5/8 AKV, 2/8 OKW Joined DVC Spring '07

Old 10-25-2007, 09:40 AM   #60
TLC371
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of you two on Main Street and in front of the Castle!!

How frustrating that you had to go move your bags yourself! I can't wait to hear about your new room!
Summer 1978/October 2003/September 2004/October 2005/ September 2006--we got engaged at Epcot! /October 2007/ December 2007/September 2008: You can read about those 3 trips here: Disneymoons/Anniversary

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: