Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2007, 06:20 PM   #31
c4alymom
Mouseketeer

Loving your trip report. We went on our Disneymoon in 99 at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Didn't realize how we were meant for Deluxe until Sept 06 when we stayed at the Contemporary...and now that we are "spoiled" we need to wait just a bit for another visit. I am thinking 10th anniversary at the Poly!!!!

Looking forward to reading more about your adventures...
Sept 99- Disneymoon Carribean Beach Resort

ME DH DS(12) DD(11)
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 PM   #32
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

emmie119, angel*lady, Sleeping*Beauty, and srandsr76: Thanks for reading along!! I'm just putting the final touches on the next installment and will put it up soon so I hope you'll enjoy!

serendipity: Oh, I'm so excited you've stopped by! I read all of your trip reports before I went and really enjoyed all the pictures and stories - you guys are too cute!

scohen: My, there are a lot of us Disneymooners, aren't there? It's nice to know I am not the only crazy one who insisted on honeymooning at Disney World as my husband insists I am!

MA pigletfan: That's right! As long as I'm having fun, who cares?!? Plus, I have to share this: at first, Tigger was all "I cannot believe you're wearing those ears out in public" because I insisted on wearing them to the airport and everything. But after a day or two there, he would ask me every morning, "Aren't you going to wear your ears today?" because he realized how nice everyone was to us when they saw we were on our honeymoon and he totally loved the special treatment! So even the biggest cynics can be reformed with a cupcake and some Mickey Mouse confetti!

AaronandJessica: Going every year sounds like a brilliant idea - I think I shall have a talk with Tigger when we start making anniversary plans Have fun on your re-honeymoon!!!

c4alymom: Oh my gosh, I looove the deluxe resorts! But I think once there are kids in the picture, we may have to start budgeting for more tagalongs like grandmas and grandpas! Oh well, if there's anytime to go to a deluxe, it's gotta be for a honeymoon or anniversary, right?

Thanks all - the next installment will be up shortly!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 PM   #33
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 1, Part II - Sunday, August 12, 2007

So we were a little bummed with our sideways view of Cinderella's Castle and the fact that we could practically touch our next-door neighbor as he was standing on his balcony - not exactly romantic! But we did get a nice view of the Polynesian if we turned to the other side:

But we were soon distracted with the little surprise I had planned for Tigger!

Tigger absolutely looooves chocolate covered strawberries, so I had called Private Dining the day before to have some delivered to the room once we arrived. Well, these went over great with Tigger! I decided to go a little fancier than normal and had the strawberries dressed up in tuxedos too – I tell ya, it’s tough to fit a strawberry in a tux, have you ever tried? Here's Tigger eating the strawberries in a rather melodramatic obscene fashion:

But what was even more fun was that Private Dining had included a little bottle of chilled champagne for us and a photo card signed by Cinderella and Prince Charming! Pixie Dust! Yay!

Anyways, I did manage to get one strawberry before Tigger ate them all, and they really were delicious – the chocolate was super rich and the strawberries were huge and ripe!

We dawdled for a little bit, but then it was off for our dinner reservation at Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge!!! I had read exhaustively about all the restaurants at Disney World and I was really really looking forward to this dinner. Here we are about to get on the monorail for the first time:

We got to the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Tigger immediately fell in love with the Animal Kingdom Lodge – he now insists that next time we go back, we must get a savannah view room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Mr. Fancy Schmancy! Well, I can’t complain – at least he said “next time”!

I’ll put in a small story detour here: Tigger admitting to a “next time” is a far cry from where we started. A few years ago when Tigger and I were still dating, we visited Los Angeles and I of course insisted on going to Disneyland for a day. Tigger was totally skeptical in the morning and dragging his feet like a reluctant victim, and it probably didn’t help that I insisted on showing up at the park super early Well, by about 3:00pm that day, Tigger was bouncing around like a little boy with a huge grin on his face and no pretense about trying to act grown-up anymore, so I considered it a pretty big success. But then I may have perhaps dragged the day on too long because by the time we hit IASW at 8:00pm that night and it broke down for 15 minutes and we had to listen to that song over and over and over again, Tigger was about to lose it and swore that if he ever went back to any Disney park, I would be a very lucky woman indeed and that I better not schedule any 12-hour days! So I vowed that not only would I get Tigger back to a Disney park, but that I would get him to enjoy it with a more laidback experience. So hopefully this indicated I was on the right track! Alrighty, back to the main road…

We were seated at Jiko after a brief wait and ordered some of the yummiest food ever! For appetizer, we got a barbecue coffee chicken flatbread which was absolutely to-die-for and a tuna tartare dish which was just so-so. I really just wanted to eat the flatbread for the whole meal, but forced myself not to finish it all so that I would have room for the rest of the yummy food that was sure to come! For main courses, I got a pork dish which was absolutely incredible – the meat was done absolutely perfectly and it was so tender and juicy and flavorful.

Tigger got the grilled beef with macaroni and cheese which was also perfectly done:

Our waiter took a photo of us:

And then we got dessert! Hey, we were on the dining plan *and* on vacation!

We then roamed around the hotel a bit and goofed off in the trading post

I just love how the stores in each park and resort is themed to fit the surroundings – it really intensifies the feel of the place and makes you feel like maybe you really are in a safari lodge!

After dinner, we traveled home via the Magic Kingdom and while we waited for our boat back to the hotel, we managed to catch the nifty electric water pageant. It reminded me of Atari video games from my childhood for some reason and Tigger loved how old-fashioned and silly it was with the synthesizer music.

Finally, we arrived back to our room to discover that our lovely Mousekeepers had made a visit for turn-down service:

It was the perfect end to our first day at Disney World!

Next up: Breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and some room drama!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 AM   #34
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Noooooooo, not room drama!

Seriously, it sounds like you had a very good first day and enjoyed some of the same things I like. AKL and Jiko.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:39 AM   #35
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Your Jiko dinner sounds fabulous! Glad to see that DH is being won over to the Disney side.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:44 AM   #36
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

puleeeeeeeeeee do NOT leave us hanging with room drama

wake up, cmon, finish this day here, lets go.....hup 2 3 4, hup 2, 3, 4......
Old 10-03-2007, 09:04 AM   #37
Becky521
DIS Veteran

Add me to the list of Disney honeymooners. We went in '86 when there was only MK and EPCOT. I even predate the Minnie bride ears.

Enjoying your trip, thanks for sharing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 AM   #38
AaronandJessica
Mouseketeer

I love reading about your honeymoon! You look like a great couple, so cute together!

Can't wait to read more!
Jessica Lynn

Trips to Disney World
2002 Disneymoon - Jessica Aaron
2003,2004,2005,2007 - Jessica Aaron
I am down
Old 10-04-2007, 04:41 PM   #39
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

Y'all are SO cute! I love your trip report. I had my honeymoon in Disney as well. It was in May and we stayed at the Poly.
I had a little surprise for my DH as well. A Disney cruise at the end of our stay at DW....He was pretty darn surprised too!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 10-04-2007, 10:20 PM   #40
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures of your wedding. Congrats!!

Just found this TR.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:18 PM   #41
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

MousekaMaddi and BriarRosie: Sorry to keep you in suspense about the room drama so long! I'm working on the next installment, but to alleviate the intense stress I'm sure you're feeling (), I'll tell you that the room drama turns out great in the end

Lifelong_Dreamer: I'll second that !!!

Becky521: Well, if you didn't get to wear Minnie ears on your honeymoon, you have a clear excuse to return for your anniversary some time! You should definitely get a chance to wear them!

AaronandJessica: Thanks! I am working on the next installment and hope to have it up in a few days!

TrueEeyore: Wow!! How did you pull that off?!? I'm so impressed. Now I have to strive for a greater surprise next time I drag Tigger to WDW!

KimAshton: Thanks and I'm glad you found this little TR - I hope to get things rolling again soon!

-----------

In the meantime, here's a little teaser to tide y'all over Does everyone know where this is?

Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 AM   #42
Hendoendo
Mouseketeer

Congratulations

I also was a disneymooner last year on this very date. It was also my dream to go to Disney World on my honeymoon. In fact I told my wife that we would only get married if she would agree to a disneymoon. To my surprise it didn't take too much arm-twisting. We were ready to start planning another trip but we had to alter our plans. We are having a baby in January. So it will be another 3 to 4 years before we go. But I can't wait to take our little girl with us and experience the Magic thru her eyes. So on with the trip report before the natives get restless
Feb 76 Contemporary
Feb 79 Offsite
Feb 80 Offsite
Feb 83 Contemporary
May 95 Offsite
May 98 Offsite
October 9-15 2006 Disneymoon at POR
Old 10-08-2007, 03:28 AM   #43
TrueEeyore
won't you please .. won't you please .. please won't you be .. my tag friend

HAHA, I still don't know how I pulled it off. Alot of people knew about it, too. I'm lucky they kept quiet.
It was so funny because he kept asking how long we were staying in Disney World. Well, the morning after we got there, during breakfast (Tonga Toast!) I said, "We're only staying here six days. I'm sorry you thought it was longer" (He was thinking ten days)
He said, "That's ok, six days is long enough. It'll be fine."
Waited a few minutes...
"You know WHY we're only staying six days?"
"Why?"
"CUZ WE'RE GOIN ON A DISNEY CRUISE!!"
It was really a great honeymoon. I had to splurge for the Poly and a personal verandah on the cruise. I said we won't be able to re-create this vacation for awhile. Maybe for our 25th anniversary!

Can't wait for the next update!
NEW! "Where's My Water?" April 2013 Trip Report - In progress|Dasani in Disney. Let's do it again! September '11 Trip Report!- Complete!|Dasani Girl is back in the World with a baby!!...and pregnant again! January 2010 Trip Report - Complete!|Taking on the World...Pregnant! January 09 TR - Complete!|Panama City Beach Report! << Now it's a baby report!|Attack of the Dasani and Lots of pictures! January 08Trip Report! -Complete!
I miss you Jasper R.I.P 07/21/01 - 06/13/07
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 AM   #44
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I know where it is! It is a lovely picture of it by the way.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:42 PM   #45
schoen
DIS Veteran

I don't know where that picture is, so you are going to have to keep posting!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: