Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2008, 11:17 PM   #181
JenSop
DIS Veteran

Location: Split between Pennsylvania and Europe (Croatia and Austria)

Loving the updates!

I've heard the food is great at Artist Point - it's definitely on our list of places to try out!

And I love that dress you're wearing - the floral one in the last update - SO pretty!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #182
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenSop View Post
Loving the updates!

I've heard the food is great at Artist Point - it's definitely on our list of places to try out!

And I love that dress you're wearing - the floral one in the last update - SO pretty!
Thanks for reading! We definitely enjoyed Artist Point and it's on our list of places to return to next time - nothing too fancy, but good quality and fresh!

And I love that dress too - everytime I put it on, it feels like summer!

Oh, and seeing your post here reminded me to go catch up with your TR - I love it! I'm so impressed with the older folks keeping up!! There were some days when even I felt like just throwing in the towel and taking a nap for the rest of the day Keep up the good work!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #183
dvc95

I'm thoroughly enjoying your trip report. My dh and I were at wdw late Feb., into March 08, we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary that was in October 07. We had a wonderful time we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for 10 days. We were there during spring training took in a few games but otherwise enjoyed the parks and the pool.

Our ds just started medical school and I read you dh is a medical resident how wonderful. My ds's gf was at disney hong kong last december with her family visiting her grandparents, she enjoyed it.

Do check into the disney vacation club we joined in 1995 we really have gotten our monies worth, especially when you have children it's nice to have the large rooms.

Can't wait for more of your report

Marsha

Last edited by dvc95; 09-02-2008 at 12:02 AM. Reason: add name
Old 09-02-2008, 04:38 PM   #184
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc95 View Post
I'm thoroughly enjoying your trip report. My dh and I were at wdw late Feb., into March 08, we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary that was in October 07. We had a wonderful time we stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for 10 days. We were there during spring training took in a few games but otherwise enjoyed the parks and the pool.

Our ds just started medical school and I read you dh is a medical resident how wonderful. My ds's gf was at disney hong kong last december with her family visiting her grandparents, she enjoyed it.

Do check into the disney vacation club we joined in 1995 we really have gotten our monies worth, especially when you have children it's nice to have the large rooms.

Can't wait for more of your report

Marsha
Thanks for reading along! Happy 25th Anniversary!! Any tips?

I would love to stay at Boardwalk Villas some day...if only I can convince DH that DVC is a worthwhile investment! I'm not sure he's convinced my obsession with WDW is quite as extreme as it is, hence he doesn't think we'll be traveling there quite as often as I know we will!

Wow, we sure have a lot in common! Congratulations to your DS! Is he liking it? But I have to warn you, get ready not to see your DS very often once he starts his residency The hours they work are absolutely insane and that 80-hour work week is a joke as nobody actually abides by it But it's all for a good purpose and worth the sweat and tears in the end...or so we tell ourselves! Does your DS's GF have a family connection to Hong Kong? I've been there many times because my father's job since I graduated from high school requires him to work there most of the year. I'm glad that the DL opened there so I can sneak away for a taste of Disney whenever I go visit now!

I plan on having another update up in a few days, so check back!!
Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 AM   #185
dvc95

Hi
I don't know if we have a secret about being married for a long time but we had good teachers my parents have been married 55 years and my in-laws if they were alive would have been married 56 years. Trust, and communication are key,(especially with dh and myself being italian, we can talk forever) it's ok to be upset with each other just don't be mad too long. and try to have dinner together.

My ds is really enjoying medical school, he's doing what he loves, we knew he wanted to get into medicine when I would come home from work and he would be watching surgeries on tv, yikes I have a hard time giving blood.

I'll have to post a picture (when I figure out how to do it) of our son and his girlfriend, she has moved to Atlanta getting her PhD, they both are so busy with school. We're not looking forward to not seeing him but it doesn't last forever. We're only 3 hours drive from him so we can catch a Sunday lunch along the way.

Monica (gf) has family in China I think she may be going back during the Christmas break, they both graduated UC Davis, Davis Medical School is where Joseph (ds) is.

We did family trips to WDW every year until a few years ago now we go every other year. The DVC works good, living in California it forces us to use it and we can use it at Disneyland, and we took a Disney cruise too just hubby and myself we had a great time.

Enjoy married life, with your busy schedules take time for yourselves even a pizza and a movie at home cuddling.

Take care enjoy
Marsha

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: