Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #136
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

Subscrining. I am loving your tr so far. Can't wait to hear more.

Old 03-12-2008, 11:21 PM   #137
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
Subscrining. I am loving your tr so far. Can't wait to hear more.
Thanks for joining! I am loving writing it
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2008, 11:27 PM   #138
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Day 4, Part III – August 15, 2007

After relaxing by the pool with some Harry Potter (I had saved book 7 to read during the honeymoon even though I was dying to read it earlier!), we showered and freshened up for our evening back at Epcot. We got there with just a little time to spare before our dinner reservations at Marrakesh, so we had to rush a bit through Canada, England and France. We managed to get a few shots though:

We finally made it to Marrakesh and had only a brief wait before we were shown to our table. The server was very nice, although it really seems like such a high volume restaurant that it really was hectic for the poor servers. The restaurant itself is beautiful with amazing tile work – you can see the architecture in the background here:

Tigger tried the Moroccan beer, which he said was okay, just a normal beer:

Halfway through the meal, the entertainment showed up!

She was not only beautiful, but really an amazing belly dancer. I wish I could shake my booty like that! Not that I felt very sexy after the huuuge meal we ate thanks to the Disney dining plan! This was the aftermath of dinner at Marrakesh (you can see the crumbs left over from the dessert plate!):

So after dinner, we decided to see as many countries as we could before Illuminations started. But first there's something you need to know about Tigger – anywhere in the world you go with Tigger, you can expect to see a lot of scaffolding surrounding the largest monuments or buildings you wish to see. I didn’t learn about Tigger’s special gift for bringing out the scaffolding to greet him until our first trip together to Paris…where I was treated to views of Notre Dame with scaffolding. Then we visited Beijing…where the Forbidden City and several other major sites were also decorated with scaffolding. You get the picture! So it was really no surprise to me when we saw this:

Look how proud he is! Aaanyways, we tried to enjoy the rest of the sites that weren’t covered with scaffolding:

Soon, though, we realized that it was getting close to time for Illuminations and we wanted to grab a spot closer to the front of the park so that we could get out quickly afterwards. So we backtracked through the countries we had run by earlier and got to see some more details:

Voila! C’est France!

And England:

O Canada!

Then it was time to catch the big show. We couldn’t really get any good angles for pictures or work out our timing because it was so packed and then these people decided it would be a wonderful view for them if they stood in front of me…boy that made me a little grumpy! I couldn’t believe that they really just came and stood smack in front of me!! I asked them firmly to please move because they had just cut off my view and they moved for about 5 minutes and then just got back in front of me and wouldn’t move again no matter what I said. Oh well…so I saw maybe a third of Illuminations! I wasn’t too upset at missing a lot of Illuminations, though, because we were pretty exhausted by that point and were ready to head out. So we pretty much beat a path out to the monorail the moment the show ended and rolled home to another good night’s sleep!

Up next: Our day “off” at Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, and Artist’s Palette!
Old 03-13-2008, 11:46 AM   #139
mla1977
I dream of living in Bay Lake Tower for the rest of my life!

Great TR. I am a lot like Tigger. The main thing I remember from my first trip is Figment. I recently found my Figment piggy bank that says "EPCOT Center" on it.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #140
doodlesmommy
I have my feet planted in Baltimore but Georgia on my mind.

Oh my goodness....I love that dinner picture. That is too funny and yes, very romantic! You guys remind me of our friends back home in Atlanta. I'm just loving your trip report. Can't wait to read about TL and Artist Pointe (they are both on our list of to-do's for our upcoming trip).

March, 2007 - Disney Wonder
April, 2008 - Wilderness Lodge
October, 2009 - Port Orleans/French Quarter
August, 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort
September, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort
January, 2013 - 1/2 Marathon
Old 03-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #141
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report! You look like you are having so much fun! Awesome view upgrade too! I am so glad you got it!

Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #142
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

Awe I hope my DIS HM is as fun as yours was!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #143
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report, and I'm hooked! I can't wait for the next installment! It's getting me so excited about my own disneymoon this summer.
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 03-13-2008, 08:56 PM   #144
VroomVroomLightning
DIS Veteran

I am definitely subscribing to this! I have sat here reading this and am so caught up in the magic of your honeymoon!! I look forward to reading more!!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #145
Disneymooner07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mla1977 View Post
Great TR. I am a lot like Tigger. The main thing I remember from my first trip is Figment. I recently found my Figment piggy bank that says "EPCOT Center" on it.
It's funny, I vaguely remember Figment from growing up, but always thought he was sort of a weird character and didn't understand what he was or anything...But I can totally relate to the feelings associated with that first character interaction. One of my first memories of Disney World was meeting Donald Duck when I was 4 and being totally fascinated (I love the pictures of it, they're so funny!). Anyways, keep that Figment piggy bank safe - it's probably a collectible now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlesmommy View Post
Oh my goodness....I love that dinner picture. That is too funny and yes, very romantic! You guys remind me of our friends back home in Atlanta. I'm just loving your trip report. Can't wait to read about TL and Artist Pointe (they are both on our list of to-do's for our upcoming trip).
Yeah, we're not exactly the most dainty eaters! But what's the point of going somewhere fun like that and not enjoying ourselves, right? Thanks for reading along, I love getting all the feedback I'm going to load the pictures tonight and hopefully write up the next installment this weekend, so check back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
I just found your trip report! You look like you are having so much fun! Awesome view upgrade too! I am so glad you got it!
Thanks for stopping by! The room really was amaaaazing and exactly what I had dreamed about for months and months! It was like a dream come true to wake up in the mornings, sit up, and just see Cinderella's castle right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Awe I hope my DIS HM is as fun as yours was!
Honestly, a honeymoon is such an exciting and happy moment in your life that I think it's a fun time no matter what happens Not everything went according to our plans (not by a longshot!), but I think we were just so happy that we approached everything with a positive attitude and things worked themselves out just fine So trust that you will have an amazing and fabulous time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem1118 View Post
I just found your trip report, and I'm hooked! I can't wait for the next installment! It's getting me so excited about my own disneymoon this summer.
Thanks for reading along! You'll have such a great time on your Disneymoon - I mean, how could you not have a spectacular time at the happiest place on earth with the one you love most?!? When are you going? Do you have everything planned out already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VroomVroomLightning View Post
I am definitely subscribing to this! I have sat here reading this and am so caught up in the magic of your honeymoon!! I look forward to reading more!!
Aww, thanks! It really did feel like a magical week to us even though I'm sure we just looked spectacularly silly to the rest of the world DH and I were just sitting here talking about it as I was showing him the TR so far and we agree it really was the most blissful and happy week of our lives I'm hoping to get the next installment up this weekend, so check back!
Old 03-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #146
michellem1118
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymooner07 View Post
Thanks for reading along! You'll have such a great time on your Disneymoon - I mean, how could you not have a spectacular time at the happiest place on earth with the one you love most?!? When are you going? Do you have everything planned out already?
We're going July 31-August 7, which includes a Disney cruise. I think there's a link to my lonely ( ) PTR in my siggy. We've got so much planned, all ADR's already made, basic itinerary laid out... and nowhere near enough time to just relax!
Dec. 2000-Jan. 2001 ~ AS-Sports ... April 2007 ~ CSR (joined DVC) ... Oct. 2007 ~ SSR ... July-Aug. 2008 ~ OKW & DCL ~ HONEYMOON! ... March 2009 ~ SSR ... July 2009 ~ 1st anniversary @ AKV ... Christmas 2009 ~ Family Trip @ SSR ... March 2010 ~ BCV ... June 2010 ~ John's (late) birthday celebration @ VWL ... July-August 2010 ~ 2nd anniversary @ BLT/VWL ... Upcoming: June 9-16, 2011 ~ Club Level! at AKV & BWV

The Summer of Disney - June 2010 & July/August 2010 Trip Report
Bringin' the HAPPY Back! Spring Break 2010 Trip Report
Never Again! Our Holiday Family Trip
Old 03-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #147
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Loving it.
HHI 2014

ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 18 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17
Old 03-22-2008, 05:11 AM   #148
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I just found your TR and am hooked. I've been reading for the last hour.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 AM   #149
MakingScrapbooks
Disney Pirate Mom

Love your photos!

I really enjoyed seeing your photos! We just made an unplanned visit to Disney World in February, and I already miss it!!
Jan

Making Scrapbooks Blog

* Sept 2005 - Polynesian * Sept 2006 - Contemporary * Sept 2007 - Beach Club * Feb 2008 - French Quarter * June 2008 - Off Site, Sea World & Aquatica trip * Sept 2008 - Pop Century & Disney "Magic" Cruise * Jan 2009 - Grand Californian * Mar 2009 - Pop Century (mother/daughter trip) * Aug 2009 - POR & Disney "Magic" Cruise & Caribbean Beach * Nov 2009 - All Star Movies (mother/daughter trip) * Dec 2009 - All Star Sports * Jan 2010 - Pop Century * Mar 2010 All Star Music (Princess 1/2) * May 2010 - PO Riverside & Hard Rock Hotel * July 2010 - Off-site Disney and Universal * Sept 2010 - POR & NOJ * Oct 2010 Boardwalk Inn (work trip) * Nov 2010 - AS Music (mother/daughter trip) * Dec 2010 Pop Century * Jan 2011 - Disney Dream!! & Contemporary (work trip) * Feb 2011 - AS Movies (Princess 1/2) * July 2011 - Disney "Dream"!!
Old 03-22-2008, 08:06 PM   #150
doodlesmommy
I have my feet planted in Baltimore but Georgia on my mind.

Ok; so I grabbed my glass of wine hoping to see more TR to read. Where'd ya go? Can't wait to read more.

March, 2007 - Disney Wonder
April, 2008 - Wilderness Lodge
October, 2009 - Port Orleans/French Quarter
August, 2010 - Coronado Springs Resort
September, 2011 - Coronado Springs Resort
January, 2013 - 1/2 Marathon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: