Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2007, 09:34 PM   #1
TheDisneyBunch
Laughs hysterically at the word.. DUMP!!!

Thumbs up AMAZING UPDATE!!! They took his toys, ruined his surprise and we still had a BLAST!

So... I have been meaning to start this since we got back Monday but keep getting distracted with 500 other things. I finally have a few minutes and wanted to get started here.

This may get long and take a while but here we go.. our Disney Vacation... start to finish! Will be adding in many pics as well.

If you have not yet looked at the pre-trip report you are more than welcome to check it out... here!

Last edited by TheDisneyBunch; 11-01-2007 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #2
TheDisneyBunch

Day One! Leave day..or should I say leave night..lol

Saturday Sept 8th

We spent the day getting ready, getting the car loaded up, etc.. It was so exciting to finally be going. I still had leaving my little guy behind on my mind a lot so that was the only thing killing my Disney high.

My mother in law called last minute and said she wanted to take ds over to stay the night at her house instead of staying here with him as planned the first night. I was not happy with the idea as I just wanted him to be comfortable in his own home that night. She was insistant though so we packed his things and she came to get him. Boy, watching her drive off with him broke my heart. I thought we were making the wrong choice not taking him. I was sure going to miss my little guy. I had to keep reminding myself that he was going to be better off not being strapped in that carseat for the long ride down and then misreable out in the heat every day while there so this was best for him. Still not easy though. My mom was going to be picking him up later the next day and he would be with her all week while we were gone. I knew he was used to being with her and they would do well with him so it helped a lot.

So back to leaving...

We are walking around the house making sure we have not forgot anything. Seems like we have it all... no..we almost forgot Ethan's suprise from the closet. EEK! Don't want to forget that I tell dh. (will later wish I HAD forgot it.. ) Ok, so now I think we have it all. We get in the car... I remember the video camera.. so back in the house I go. I check the tape and it is full.. I close the tape in ...and it EATS the tape. Not a good start. I take it out to the car and dh has no luck opening it up to get the tape out or get it to even come on. So we finally give up and leave it at home. I run it back in sad that we will not have video from this trip but even more sad that it just ate a FULL tape of my boys. I am still hoping we can get the tape out without it being torn up.

We finally get on the road at 10:27pm. We plan to drive down through the night so we can get there early for check in Sunday morning. The drive down goes well and fairly quick..
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #3
TheDisneyBunch

Day 2.. Arrive and Magic Kingdom!

Sunday Sept 9th

After driving through the night we were so excited to finally see that beautiful sign!... YOU KNOW THE ONE!

Ah, yes, the sign! We are really there! We all get rather excited and finally get some energy after being awake all night for the drive.

We pull into Port Orleans Riverside at about 7am and a sweet older man lets us through and tries to give us a bunch of tips on where to park at, etc.. We get up front and get a nice spot to walk in and check in. WOOHOO! It really is check in time!

I go over to the counter to check us in while dh and Ethan go sit in the little chairs to watch cartoons. He says he can get us in building 14, bottom floor, corner room as requested but that it is not ready yet. I ask if anything is available as we are a little tired but there was only one room..pretty far out there..lol No problem I tell him, we can wait. So I get all the paper work and our Keys to the World which I am so happy to have in my hands..haha I then bring up the suprise gifts we brought for ds and explain to him that we had spoke with a few people already about setting up a special treat for him from Buzz and Woody since they are two of his favorite characters. He says to bring them on in and he will get the note put with them to have it all set up in the room later after it is available. I send dh to the car to get them and I sit with Ethan watching the cartoons. Dh hands them to him and he puts the note with it and tells us we are good to go.

Knowing that it was little ones extra hours in Magic Kingdom that morning we head on out to the bus depot and hop a bus to the MK. We arrive there just a little after 8 and head to fantasy land. I stop and trade a couple pins along the way which is always a fun thing for me. Ethan was paying close attention to what I was trading as he wanted a big say in what we got this year. He had such a blast with it.

In Fantasyland we rode the carousel and Ethan joined a group doing some songs. After that we headed over to catch Philharmagic as that is a fave of the boys. I like it but can't see it just right..lol Always bugs me. Things don't look like they are in my face like they do to others. I get a kick out of watching Ethan's face when things fly up in his face. Always funny!

We head out from there and just stroll the park doing some pin trading and searching out some characters. We see Pooh, Tigger, Alice and Mad Hatter which were all so cool.

After a while we are getting tired so we head back to the resort to see if our room is ready. It was about 11am and we were told it was not ready yet. We decide to head over to the Riverside Mill to get a bite for lunch and just relax for a bit while we wait on the room.

After eating.. (you can see how that was in my dining reviews.. ) I go over and call the number on the card we were handed to see if the room is ready yet and it was. Yes!! We are so tired at this point that all we can think about is a nice long nap.

We head out to the car and drive over the the parking lot for building 14. We park right up front in the exact same spot we parked the car last year during the trip which we thought was funny. We get to looking for the room and can not find it. I head upstairs and there it is. He said we were getting bottom floor but it was ok..still got a corner room in building 14..and it was ready and clean and we were tired..so it would work JUST FINE!

Dh and I walk in first hoping that Ethan's suprise would be set up and waiting for him from Buzz and Woody but it was not there. Ethan starts asking about it and I tell him they are still watching him to be sure he is good but keep being a good boy and it will be here before you know it.

We got most of the luggage up to the room and put some drinks in the fridge. We then set the clock and got in the bed for a nice nap. It was 12:30 when we went to sleep and we got up around 4. The nap worked wonders. We all felt so alive again..haha

So it was up and back to Magic Kingdom for the night. We had a nice time just hanging out and riding a couple rides. We had dinner at LTT which was good but made us all a little sick. Something I forogt to mention.. at check in dh was handed a Birthday Button b/c we were celebrating his b-day there. Well.. we were also celebrating our anniversary. Ethan was so upset that daddy had 2 buttons, mommy had one and he had none that dh lets him wear HIS b-day one which said Happy Birthday CHRIS on it. So all day people had been walking by Ethan saying Happy Birthday Chris and he nicely says THANK YOU to them all! So at LTT they bring Ethan a cup cake..which was meant for dh. I will share a pic of the look on his face when they bring it out..

I finally bought a couple of the mugs that I had been wanting for so long from there too. I had been meaning to get those on the last 2 trips and kept forgetting to buy them so I was glad I finally remembered this time. As the night went on and after riding Splash Mtn I happen to notice we don't have the bag with the mugs in it. I realize one of us had sat them down some place at some point and left them so bye bye to my brand new mugs I had been so happy about. I went back to Liberty Tree just to see if somebody turned them in but no luck. I was so sad to loose my mugs. I wish now I had just re-bought them but I didn't.

Determined not to let that ruin the night we head out to watch Wishes which was so nice and brought me to tears as usual..lol We had a nice rest of the night just walking around and enjoying the park during extra magic hours. We talked to lots of nice cm's, traded some pins and went to ride Big Thunder. Ethan needed to pee "really bad" right as we stepped into the coaster... so it was right back off to let him go to the bathroom..lol After coming back to get back on we were told it was broken down. Guess he kept us from getting on a ride that was about to break down, huh?

Well midnight rolls around and we have enjoyed our first day in Disney minus loosing the glasses. We are excited about heading back to the room though for Ethan's suprise. So off to the buses we go. We chat with another couple on the way back who were so nice. We get off and head up to the room. Ethan found the room for us by looking for the big lime green mickeys in the window that he and I had made for the trip. We got such a kick out of him leading the way. So in we go and I look around to see no suprise. Ethan of coarse starts to cry and tells me "but mama I was good today".. Well I am mad that they did not bring it and feeling like crap that I have talked it up so much to him that he is let down. So I have dh go walk outside with him while I call down to see what happened to it. I am on the phone forever while it is being searched for. They finally say they have found it and it will be brought up the next morning. Great! I tell Ethan I spoke to Buzz and Woody and they said they got busy and are still watching him but they thought he was being a really good boy so far.

We get ready for bed and look at the new pins we traded for that day. We then decide we want to head out to the pool for a late night swim.. so we suit up and out we go. This was so nice. We got in the pool for a few mins then sat in the hot tub for about 15 mins relaxing. After that we went back up to the room and showered and FINALLY went to bed. I think we were out the second our heads hit the pillow.

So here are a couple pics from the day.. (I have not uploaded much yet so there will be lots more to come as I get them loaded)

Notice the cloud above Mickey's house???

Can you tell who was taking all the pics so far?? LOL

Last edited by TheDisneyBunch; 09-22-2007 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:55 PM   #4
TheDisneyBunch

the rest of the pics...

Ethan's thoughts on the green beans...

and a family pic..where he still looks thrilled over the green beans..

and here is the pic I was talking about where he is so excited over the cup cake and the Happy Birthday wishes for him that were meant for daddy!!

getting ready to arm wrestle Pluto for the cup cake..

Alright! Enough for this day! Tomorrow I will work on another day!
Old 09-22-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

gorgeous pics. the report is great too. i had the same problem with them at POR with a basket i had delivered. It did get there that night. i just never told her about it cause I had heard of such things.

Looking forward to more.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
KimAshton
DIS Veteran

wow what great pics
Old 09-23-2007, 10:23 AM   #7
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Amanda---I love your TR already! The pics are just gorgeous! I love the one with Ethan with his daddy's birthday button and cupcake.

That stinks about the surprise not being in the room but I love how you came up with a good explanation for Ethan.

Looking forward to more!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:33 PM   #8
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Great start Amanda. Looking forward to more. Gotta find out what happened to Buzz and Woody!
Old 09-23-2007, 07:35 PM   #9
jennieb
Earning My Ears

Loving your report

Hi,

I'm enjoying your report so far. Keep it coming.

Jennieb
Old 09-24-2007, 01:47 AM   #10
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Hey! I'm glad I found your report! You got there the same day I did! So sorry our paths didn't cross!
Old 09-24-2007, 02:48 PM   #11
TheDisneyBunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
gorgeous pics. the report is great too. i had the same problem with them at POR with a basket i had delivered. It did get there that night. i just never told her about it cause I had heard of such things.

Looking forward to more.

Thank you so much!

Yeah, I am wishing we had never told Ethan about the suprise too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimAshton View Post
wow what great pics
Aww, thank you! I am quite the picture nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Amanda---I love your TR already! The pics are just gorgeous! I love the one with Ethan with his daddy's birthday button and cupcake.

That stinks about the surprise not being in the room but I love how you came up with a good explanation for Ethan.

Looking forward to more!
Thank you! I sure love taking them. That picture of Ethan just makes me lol seeing him in dh's button all excited over a cake that should have been his dads..lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Great start Amanda. Looking forward to more. Gotta find out what happened to Buzz and Woody!
Yes, they were certainly mia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennieb View Post
Hi,

I'm enjoying your report so far. Keep it coming.

Jennieb
Thank you! Hopefully I can at least get day 2 done today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glendamax View Post
Hey! I'm glad I found your report! You got there the same day I did! So sorry our paths didn't cross!
I just read yours too! So fun! Now, I must work on adding some to mine and stop being so lazy!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #12
fakereadhed
The Tag Fairy has me on "ignore"!

Enjoying your TR so far...can't wait for more! Your pictures are fabulous also.

Old 09-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #13
TheDisneyBunch

Day 3! MGM! still no suprise??

Monday Sept 10th

Today I woke up and swallowed only to feel a lump in my throat. It hurt! Maybe too much chlorine from the hot tub last night? Who knows! Not about to let that ruin the day though so up I go! It is 7:30am. We were going to get up at 8am this day. Had the clock set and all but I am too excited to sleep.. I feel like the little kids in the commercial..haha

I sit down and have a doughnut from the box we bought with a snack credit the day before in hopes that it will help my throat along with some gatorade. Healthy way to begin my day, right?

I finally wake the boys up and tell them to lets get going.

Shortly after that we are all ready and grab the lanyard and camera bag and off we go.

We walk through the food court which is packed with people having breakfast. I never knew so many people were up that early eating. Ok, so we are normally later sleepers.

We then stroll through the gift shop before heading out to catch the MGM bus. I think we traded a couple of pins while walking through as well.

We get out to the bus stop and stand with a group of people who say one bus just came through...already full! So we wait....and wait... and finally another bus comes through.. which again is FULL! GRR!! So more waiting. We begin to see every bus come through EXCEPT MGM! Not only did they all come though but most had come through 3 times each before an MGM came back. It was 40 mins later!! We were not at our happiest but trying to be in good spirits joking around with one another. When the bus came it stopped at the back of the bus stop while we had been waiting at the front. We could not get over that. We all moved very fast through the crowd to try and get back to the bus. I managed to get on and get a seat next to another lady and we began to chat. The bus was loaded soon and no dh..no Ethan! What happened to them? I stand up and look around. Can't see them. Bus driver shuts the door and I yell out from the back of the bu that we have been waiting forever and dh and ds are not on..they NEED to get on! Yeap, if you were there.. that was me doing that! So the bus driver gets off looking for a missing spouse! They had been caught in the crowd but finally he finds them and they get on. Dh finds a standing spot and sends ds back to sit in my lap.

On the way over the lady next to me chats with me quite a bit. She was so nice. We talked a lot about food and where was good to eat. We must have been a little loud b/c dh said he could hear our conversation from the front of the bus.. Ahh, well!

So we arrive and we are off to start the day at MGM!

First things, first! We must find characters. Some of Ethan's faves are there. Woody, Buzz, Mike, Sulley, etc..

We end up doing the animation thing first and after it is over we see a few characters and play around with the things around there.

After that we head over and do Playhouse Disney Love on Stage. Ethan really enjoyed that.

Then we head off to find Mike and Sulley. Mike was not out so we snagged some pics with Sulley. He is so cool! I had to go give him a big hug too!

Then we find Woody! Ahh.. Ethan lights up! He runs to him so fast when it is his turn and gives him huge hugs!

THEN it happens. He looks up at him and says, "I have been a good boy all day and yesterday too. How come your forgot my surprise?" The Woody looks at me and kinda shrugs like he is unsure what to do. I pull Ethan away and explain to him that Woody can not talk about his surprise right now. Oh man, I felt so bad for him. I had hopes that the package would be there when we got back to the room that day though since that is what I was told the night before. I told Ethan to just keep being good and that Buzz and Woody will not forget about him! I swear, I have the biggest mouth sometimes!

Anyways, after that we went to see Buzz but the line got Really long and we were planning to watch the Stunt Show so we said we would try to catch Buzz later. Ethan was not thrilled but he gave in to see the cars..haha

When we got there it was packed already..and I though we were early..haha

We climbed so many steps going up those bleachers in the heat I thought I would not make it. Really!!! I thought I would have to sit right down on a step or in someones lap for a while..

Last edited by TheDisneyBunch; 09-24-2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Trying to fix some of my bad spelling!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #14
angela3676
Working it out . . .

Lovin your trip report, can't wait to read more. Love the pictures too.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 PM   #15
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Ok bad start with the bus. Hopefully the present does not come back and bite you. i am sure he was happy to see Woody. Don;t worry about being loud, 4 in our group were from the Bronx the bus knew every word that was said.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: