Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #1
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

The Frickles Family Vacation: Every Mile a Memory; THE LAST MILE! CH 12 pg 20 6/20!

Chapter 1: Hot Dog! We Are On Our Way!

Every mile a memory. Whether we drove it, walked it, Surrey biked it, Sea Rayced it, bussed it or Monorailed it, every inch of our vacation was a fond memory.

Fond memories are the reason why I am back at this computer, typing away, when I really don’t have time to do it. I wrote my first trip report last year and after all the time it took, I was more than relieved when it was finished. I wondered why I had just taken all that time and why I had stayed up so many nights writing about our trip for you all. Trip reporting isn’t easy, and I told myself I would never do it again. Obviously, I changed my mind.

One night, many months after my tr was finished, I couldn’t sleep. I had a bad dream and couldn’t shake it so I got up and plopped in front of the computer. For some reason, I found myself reading my trip report. I went to Disney with my family again through my tr and it was awesome to relive the moments I had forgotten and to look at the pictures of my sweet family having fun together. After I had read my first post, I was grateful that I took the time to write about our time together in the World. My trip report turned into a sweet memory book and I can’t tell you how many nights I have gone back and read it to bring some yellow back to my life. I am writing this trip report for me and my family, and I just happen to feel like sharing!

Here’s a little background about us if you didn’t catch the first great literary epic that I wrote.

Frickles—That’s me! I am a 36 year old stay at home mom. My most favorite job ever! I used to teach Kindergarten and 1st grade, but I’m on break. A looong break I hope. I am a UGA grad and I still live in Georgia. I love Southern food, Grey’s Anatomy and baking cookies, cakes and hams. I can’t quite grow up when it comes to my clothing and music preferences and when I hear Celine Dion or Christina Aguilara, it makes me want to pack peanut butter in my ears. Obviously I like Dierks Bentley and Kenny Chesney is a favorite as well. I love browsing through Us and People in the grocery line and I’m obsessed with house decorating magazines, Veranda being my fave. I grew up going to Disney several times with my family and have been fascinated with the place ever since. I have three older brothers and we all have such great memories of the times we went there together. It still has a certain spark of magic for us. Those of you who grew up going there know what I mean. I’m determined to give the same good memories to my children. I think I am doing a good job because when we left, my youngest son said “Dad, when I grow up, if I’m not a Daddy, I’m going to take my Mom to Disney”. Bless him.

Mr. Frick—My wonderful and hard working and not quite Disney loving DH. Girls, some of you can feel my pain here can’t you? You love Disney and want to spend every vacation moment there but your husband doesn’t quite feel the magic? He is a good sport and lucky me, I have talked him into going for the last three years! My saving grace is that he loves Epcot. That is why I was able to book the Beach Club this time. It’s close to Epcot, ESPN, boats and beer. That right there sounds like a mighty fine place to vacation. My driven husband went to Alabama and is a BIG Bama fan. Bless him. He has a wonderful business that he has built. It pretty much runs itself, so he decided to take on another occupation in addition to that. He has become Bob the Builder. Can he fix it? Not really, but he sure can tell some people to get to work fixing it. He has built and sold two houses and now he is building two more, and one of them is ours!

Stitch—Last time, I called my 8 year old precious son Big Frickles, but that is too long to type. He gets this name because he loves Stitch. He also likes to talk like Stitch. Again, I go searching for some peanut butter when he gets on a roll. Stitch loves to collect things and he has really gotten into the Disney pins. He lives in a Pokemon world and has more knowledge about those pocket monsters than you can shake a stick at. (We don't know what he is talking about half the time.) He loves baseball, basketball, soccer and golf, so we stay pretty busy. He is such a good kid.

Lil Frick—I feel like I should call him Lil Mr. Frick, because he is his Daddy made over. He is our 6 year old and he is such a doll. He has been the big ‘ride chicken’ for a long time and things changed for him on this trip. I was one proud Momma. It is so neat to see your child conquer their fears and it turn out positive. Lil Frick loves baseball, likes soccer and really loves golf. He is double jointed and he has a great golf swing if I do say so. He lives on his Razor motorcycle and he has a need for speed. He is highly allergic to peanuts and he is one smart cookie when it comes to keeping himself free from reactions. Yet another good kid. We are blessed.

We were supposed to leave for Orlando at 12:00 on September 11th, 2007. I had the car packed, and was standing by it raring to go. Mr. Frick was late. Fifteen minutes late. When he did get home, he ran around like a chicken with his head cut off. He was clearly flustered and I just stood back out of the way and watched. When we finally got in the car and headed for the school to pick up the boys, he told me his new phone just flipped out on him and went black. It bit the dust. Now Mr. Frick has to have his phone so he can play Bob the Builder, so he had spent two hours at the Verizon shop trying to work it out. Thankfully, they hooked his old phone back up and he was set. I believe he morphed into at least 6 of the Seven Dwarfs at some point during this trip. He started with Grumpy.

We grabbed the boys from school and took off. The trip was going good until we hit Macon, GA. Home to some really sweet people. We sat in traffic for an hour and I morphed into Grumpy’s wife. It was brutal I tell ya. When we finally broke free from whatever mess it was that was holding us up, I had to go something fierce so we stopped at a gas station. This is where my Dis friends entered my vacation. LaLa, this is for you.

I will end on that one.

Last edited by Frickles; 06-20-2008 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Too many to list. Enjoy your hot dogs La!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
tinkermamaof2
Mouseketeer

Location: Not too far from Toronto, close enough to shop in the States, Too far away from Disney

Frickles...I am new to the Dis.. have always wanted to read your posts... have finally gotten around to it...even after that picture i am waiting for more, I have seen many "O" fast foods in my life but I am hoping you did not choose that one...TO YOUR HEALTH....

Tinkermamaof2
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
Nicholfamily5
Mouseketeer

my goodness...

First a HappyHaunts trippie...ish

Then a ZZUB tripe.

Now a Frickles adventure!!

Ummm..hello? LaLa? You need to go on vacation and write a trippie too!

Great start, can't wait to read more!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #4
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Sad Because Georgia is Going to Lose Again
My driven husband went to Alabama and is a BIG Bama fan. Bless him.
That's about the only part of this I read. The rest of it was lost on me.

Yeah I'm up. I've had a heck of week and I'm taking the next two days off. And I can't sleep so I'm reading. And I was glad to see your TR. Do you realize we just missed each other at Disney World?

Looking forward to reading more of your TR. What was I thinking starting this TR? It looks like you've got a lot of writing left to do.

ROLL TIDE!

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 09-22-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: If Bama loses tomorrow, I'm changing my name to Buzzton and starting a whole new Disboard identity. NOBDG.
Old 09-22-2007, 03:06 AM   #5
SereneOne
DIS Veteran

Very Interesting
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 AM   #6
princessjv
DIS Veteran

This will be a first read by this author. I do hope the rest of the chapters keep me waiting on the edge of my seat for more, as this one did. Here's to a great start and many, many wieners along the way.

Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #7
kpk89
I know that you know that I kn...well, you get the pic
What is a po-tro-ast?
mumbling and looking at floor

Frick baby! I am so happy you are trip reporting again this time.

People, I have met Frickles and her two sweet sweet little boys and they are every bit the nicest family to hang out with! Did not get to meet Mr. Frick, but I'm sure the same goes for him.

Keep rocking, Dawg!
Old 09-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

I loved your last trip report. Can't wait to hear about this one.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #9
Frickles
Missed the wooo hoooty for a phone call
I say keep the squirrel and dress him up and use him as an accessory

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkermamaof2 View Post
Frickles...I am new to the Dis.. have always wanted to read your posts... have finally gotten around to it...even after that picture i am waiting for more, I have seen many "O" fast foods in my life but I am hoping you did not choose that one...TO YOUR HEALTH....
Tinkermama! Since you are the first to post to this lil diddy of mine, you recieve a complimentary ham, baked by yours truly!

Don't let it scare you away though! Glad you are here!

Nicholfamily5: My TR is surrounded by some great ones isn't it! The difference between mine and Zzub's though is it will not make you smell stank flavored ginger. The difference between mine and Mel's is that she is much more manly than I. Now if La gets to go back and hops on board, that would be lovely and sure to contain a good puke story or two. Welcome aboard!

Zzub: I saw that I just missed you! Phew! That was a close one. I did see a man at AK with a 'Vote for Pedro' shirt and for a minute, I panicked. He looked like a big, muscular UGA football player though, so I knew it wasn't you. Glad you are here though, and your edit just about killed me. I hope to see Buzzton around here again soon!

SereneOne: Glad you are here and enjoy your snack!

princessjv: Hi! You are just wanting to know if I ate that hot dog aren't you? Bear with me!

kpk89: Well girl now aren't you just so sweet! Thanks for being here and for the kind words! See you real soon!

Sleeping*Beauty: So I have an old fan! You might be the only one! I can't believe you are back for more, but I am glad you are!

Last edited by Frickles; 01-28-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:07 AM   #10
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

OK... the first two pictures you post are hot dogs & ham... I'm curious what's coming next! I'm in!

-Michelle

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
Old 09-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
tinawv
If I had a penny for everytime I wished to be in WDW I would be a millionare :-)

I all of a sudden have a craving for ham and your tr.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 PM   #12
nicolemarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Happy Cause the Dawgs will Roll Over Some Tide
The trip was going good until we hit Macon, GA. Home to some really sweet people.
Well now, girl, I'm sorry we caused you a little slow down. You know that we've got some movin' and shakin' going on down here, and sometimes traffic can get in a knot because of it.

But you messed up not calling your friend NM. Cause I could have rerouted you in a New York minute, and you'd have been on your way to the World.

SOOOOOO glad you started a TR! I'm looking forward to the Frickles Family Adventures.

I'm in!!

NM

NicoleMarie

"Better is one day in Your courts than a thousand elsewhere." Psalm 84:10

What I learned from the DIS - Spring Break 2006 (with pics!!)

Are We Turkeys? - Thanksgiving 2006 at WDW

Last edited by nicolemarie; 09-22-2007 at 12:04 PM. Reason: I KNEW the guy in the VFP shirt eating a pulled pork sammie and cupcake was ZZUB!!!!!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #13
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Hey, Frickles!!!

Great to see you back. When you posted that you love to cook ham, I thought of that picture, and all the fun that was had by many over it. So glad you posted it again

You bet I'm IN too!

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 09-22-2007 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Gotta run, things to do for a DIS meet tomorrow!!
Old 09-22-2007, 06:30 PM   #14
tinkermamaof2
Mouseketeer

Location: Not too far from Toronto, close enough to shop in the States, Too far away from Disney

I'm not scared away Frickles...I've just lost my appetite. Hope dessert isn't up next! Keep it coming.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:19 PM   #15
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I read your last report after it was finished, so I'm excited to get in on this one early!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: