Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #91
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our2Girls&Disney View Post
Is it the Atkinson Country Club? If so, beautiful grounds and not too far from my house.
Yes, it is.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #92
the_princess
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a cute story... Congrets... Btw love the ring!!!!

MY DISNEY PICTURES
:
Holiday time at DL Tour Dec'13: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3210059

WDW & WWOHP Dec '11: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#26.0

WDW & SW Feb '13: http://billeder.stepher.dk/#30.0

MY DISNEY STAYS:
July '03-DLP Dec '03-DLP NPBC Sep '04-DLP SL Sep '05-DLP HNY Mar '07-WDW Offside (Comfort Inn) Dec '07-DLP SF Feb '08-DLP SL Oct '08-WDW Renaissance Resort SeaWorld, AKL & POR May '09-DLP SL Dec '09-DLP HNY July '10-DLR DLH Feb '11-DLP DLH Dec'11-WDW POR August'12-DLP.Jan'13-DLP Chyenne Feb'13-WDW PORDec'13-DL Offsite
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2008, 10:59 AM   #93
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

It is my engagement ring.....I love it soo omuch. It wasn't ment to be a Mickey Ring, but my DF said it reminded him of my earings I wear everyday. Only Disney lovers see the Mickey right away! LOL
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 AM   #94
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Day 3

Before I start, I apologize for the lack of photos for this day - we just really didn't take many worth posting!

This was a day that Bill had been looking forward to for a long time – Animal Kingdom day! Bill loves animals, and the last time he had visited Disney World, Animal Kingdom was just being built. So, he was very excited for this.

We got fast passes for Expedition Everest right away and then headed over to the Kilimanjaro Safari. We waited in a pretty long line here, and talked to my mom on the phone while we waited. I like how they have the tvs overhead giving information about the animals – it helps you forget how long you’ve been waiting… but you remember quickly when the video starts its loop over again. We finally ended up on a safari vehicle and had a good trip, although Bill’s camera battery died pretty early on so he wasn’t able to get many good animal pictures.

We did a few more attractions but it was very hot and pretty crowded at Animal Kingdom that day (the crowds would die down a bit over the next couple of days, as the long weekend crowds departed) so we decided to head back to Port Orleans Riverside for lunch and a swim.

We stopped for lunch at the Port Orleans food court, and it was really good. We used two counter service credits here – Bill had a gigantic turkey sandwich and I had a make-your-own-pasta dish with shrimp.

We headed back to our room to get changed into our bathing suits, but we ran into people leaving the pool – there were storms in the area and so no one was being allowed in the pool. We both ended up falling asleep in the room, and when I woke up I REALLY wanted to still try to go for a swim before our dinner at Cape May Café, so I made Bill get up and head to the pool. At least during our nap we had good company, left by the mousekeeping staff:

The Port Orleans Riverside pool is awesome! There are waterfalls, and a slide, and a pretty private area with lounge chairs and plenty of shade. We spent more time at the pool later in the trip, so I’ll have pictures then, but this day we only were able to have a short swim, because we had an ADR for Cape May Café.

After getting ready for dinner we headed to the Beach Club and were seated at Cape May Café with just about no wait at all. Our server was nice, and the food was really good. I believe I had one of the blue Glowtinis here, but I don’t remember what Bill had. In any case, we each had big platefuls of steamed clams and yummy salads and things, plus some tasty desserts. We would definitely go here again. We used two table service credits here – the bill came to $64.72.

After dinner Bill used the men’s room, and I took advantage of the time to sit outside of the Beach Club, in the gorgeous late afternoon sunshine and call my mom – my parents had always been interested in the Cape May Café clambake dinner, but had never been… so I had to call to gloat a bit. We had planned on going to MGM after dinner – we were on a mission! We knew that Rock and Roller Coaster was going down for rehab the next day, and I wanted Bill to be able to ride it at least once. So we took a very nice water taxi over to MGM, headed in and got our EMH bracelets.

We went right over to Rock and Roller Coaster and waited in a very long line – seems more people than just us knew that this was the last night it would be running for a few weeks. We finally made it on and had a great ride, as usual… Bill loved it. Mission accomplished! We then took a ride on the crazy elevator at Tower of Terror – this is one of my favorite rides for its amazing theming. The wait here wasn’t long at all… after we safely made it off the elevator, we went to the Fantasmic arena so that Bill could see the show. This was the first time I saw Fantasmic without the dinner package, and it was actually kind of nice to see it from somewhere other than the far left hand side of the arena.

The show was fantastic as usual – Bill really liked it. After the show we decided to brave the crazy crowds that gather in the shops and browse a little – to avoid the crazy crowds trying to leave the park, hahaha. Bill decided he wanted to buy a white ceramic bowl with little Mickey heads all over it, so we got in an endless line to buy it. The cashier was VERY nice, and sweet, but she was just way too talkative with each customer, given the huge line of people waiting. Eventually we paid at about 11pm and headed back to Port Orleans; we were tired after our long day.

Back at the resort, we filled the new bowl with candy that we had brought from home and left a sign for the mousekeepers that told them to help themselves.  Then we went to bed – another magical day done!

Up next: Can we drag ourselves to a park after a huge breakfast prepared by Mickey?

Last edited by Amy7979; 01-27-2008 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Add pictures
Old 01-27-2008, 01:28 PM   #95
Goldeelox9
Our Disney Cruise Line Wedding ~ November 4, 2008

What a FUN day!
*-:¦:-Lisa -:¦:-*Click to read about my wedding :Our Disney Cruise Wedding, Don't miss my B2B on the Dream Trip Report. My newest trip report is Disneyland - DCL, Hawaii, Aulani & Disneyland Still a work in progress!

February 1982 - Off Site; June 1995 - Offsite; February 1998 - AllStar Music; February 2000 - Disney Magic; January 2002 - Carribean Beach Resort & Disney Wonder; January 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside & Disney Wonder; January 2006 - Pop Century; February 2007 - Pop Century; November 2008 - Disney Wonder Wedding & Animal Kingdom Lodge; November 2009 - All Star Movies, Treehouse Villas & Disney Wonder; December 2009 - All Star Music ; January 2011 - POFQ, BLT & Disney Magic Cruise;
September 2011, AKL & B2B - Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge; January 2012 - Boardwalk; October 2012 - Grand Californian at Disneyland; October 2012 - Disney Wonder to Hawaii; October 2012 - Candy Cane Inn at Disneyland; February 2013 - BLT & Disney Dream & Beach Club Resort; May 2013 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; September 2013 - Polynesian & Fantasy; October 2013 - Art of Animation; December 2013 - Old Key West
Old 01-27-2008, 03:16 PM   #96
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait to hear more.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:54 PM   #97
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Day 4

Time for Chef Mickey’s breakfast with Tom and Jen! Bill and I got ready and took the bus to Magic Kingdom – we figured we had plenty of time to take the walkway to the Contemporary from there. Along the way we stopped to take a picture next to a topiary mostly because we had no idea what it was supposed to be – any ideas?

Anyway, we shopped a bit in the Contemporary shops while we waited to meet up with Tom and Jen – for some reason, the shops in the Contemporary are always some of my favorite resort shops – and checked in at Chef Mickey’s in plenty of time. We got our group picture taken in front of the big plate and were quickly seated. We got special “It’s my special day” placemats (remember, it was Tom and Jen’s fifth wedding anniversary trip in addition to our engagement) and later in the breakfast got cupcakes with candles in them delivered to our table. It’s fun to celebrate something special at WDW.

The food was really good – I love this breakfast – and the character interaction was good too. Mickey was adamant that I not show my ring to Minnie – he turned his pockets inside out to show us that they were empty and that he couldn’t afford to get her one! We ended up waiting for a very long time for Minnie to visit our table, and got tired of waiting (we had finished eating and paid our bill long earlier) and so we left without visiting with her. Oh, well… next time! We paid cash for this meal – the breakfast for the two of us came to $40.45 and I paid for the picture package - $31.90. (We split this picture package as well as the one from Cinderella’s Royal Table later in the week with Tom and Jen, and since the CRT one is included, they paid us for half of the Chef Mickey package.)

Before breakfast, Bill and I had developed “A Plan”, which we then sprung on Tom and Jen – instead of going to a park that afternoon, we suggested that we go to the Poly marina and rent the speed boats. Tom was interested, but Jen wasn’t, so even though we tried to convince her otherwise, she decided to stay in the Poly and do some laundry.

We headed over to the marina, and used a coupon that we got from our travel agent to rent the boats. (I’m not sure if the coupon was because we booked a package or if it was a TA perk, but it basically gave us 90 minutes for the price of 60. It ended up costing us $40 even per boat.) Tom rented one boat and Bill and I rented another – we were fitted with life jackets, given short instruction on how to operate the boat, and sent on our way! Right away we noticed that Tom’s boat went MUCH faster with only one adult in it, so if it’s speed you’re after, rent a separate boat for each person. We didn’t mind, though… we really enjoyed it out there, riding around and exploring all of the areas that our Wishes engagement cruise had gone two nights before.

I took some pictures of Tom so that he and Jen could have them,

and took plenty of the scenery… at one point Bill looked over and caught me taking pictures of my new ring – must have been a bored moment!

We went over by the Wedding Pavilion and talked dreamily about getting married there, hahaha. Even though it was definitely hot out there, and the lifejackets got pretty uncomfortable, I had a great time that day and was definitely glad we did that instead of going to a park.

The 90 minutes gave us more than enough time and we headed back a little early, and then went to Tom and Jen’s room to grab our things that we had left there – including Bill’s backscratcher from Ohana. We got to see the amazing concierge lounge (and grab some complimentary cold drinks!) – it would be awesome to stay concierge someday.

We headed back to Port Orleans Riverside to continue our “watery” day with some serious pool time – we had such a good time at the pool the previous day and wanted to spend at least a couple of hours there before heading to the Magic Kingdom for our dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Coming up: Can Bill really convince me to go down the water slide?
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM   #98
Our2Girls&Disney
DIS Veteran

WOW We got two days in one. Great update. Bill did a good job on that ring, it is gorgeous.
2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007, Present - Offsite Deer Creek RV Resort
Old 01-27-2008, 07:36 PM   #99
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
WOW We got two days in one. Great update. Bill did a good job on that ring, it is gorgeous.
You guys were so patient that I figured I'd REALLY get going with the updates.

And thank you about the ring... I really love it.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:43 PM   #100
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

Congratulations on your Disney engagement! How fun!

Old 01-28-2008, 03:23 PM   #101
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Day 4, continued

We headed to the PO-R pool and settled in with a couple of lounge chairs in the semi-private shaded area. We spent a couple of hours reading, taking pictures of my ring (okay, so that was me), getting tropical frozen drinks at the pool bar, and trying out Bill’s waterproof camera in the pool. We took some pictures under the waterfalls, laughing hysterically, and even took one trip down the slide each.

It was a really nice continuation of our watery day and we were almost sorry to have to leave to make our dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. I’m normally not one to spend much time at WDW *not* at the parks, but this was actually one of my favorite days on this trip – it was nice to take some time out to relax.

We took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and headed to the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. This was my first time eating there, and to be honest my expectations weren’t particularly high – we were doing this more for Bill, who loves turkey dinners. We gave our name to the hostess and sat in the waiting area for a short while until we heard “calling the Amy7979 family from the great state of Massachusetts” – close enough, I guess. We were served rolls with some delicious butter (I think it had honey in it?) and some yummy salad… and then plates of turkey, ham, beef, macaroni and cheese, green beans, mashed potatoes, and stuffing… and it was all really good! Not really good like gourmet food, or as good as my mom’s homemade Thanksgiving, but much more enjoyable than I had expected. Bill tried to buy a couple of the souvenir mugs, but our waitress (who was fantastic) said that they were out of them. The dessert was an apple crisp with vanilla ice cream, also served family style. It was very good, but we were SO full from dinner. The character interaction was good here, and the characters’ outfits were cute. I’d recommend it to families for a pretty intimate character experience. We used two table service credits here, and the total was $69.70.

Up next: We roll ourselves out of Liberty Tree Tavern...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #102
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Great trip report! congratulations on your engagement! Your pictures are great too. Can't wait to hear all about the cruise. We are possibly booking one this week.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #103
Our2Girls&Disney
DIS Veteran

I love the way the characters interact with you and your engagement ring, it just adds an extra flare of pixie dust.
2006 - Coronado Springs Resort
2008 - Wilderness Lodge
2007, Present - Offsite Deer Creek RV Resort
Old 01-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #104
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I love the way the characters interact with you and your engagement ring, it just adds an extra flare of pixie dust.
I know, Bill and I got a kick out of it, too. Definitely stay tuned, Bill's favorite character interaction is still to come!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:49 PM   #105
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Hi Amy

Just joining your trippie and all caught up. Congratulations on your engagement! I can't wait to read more.
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: