Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
LarryJ
Dedicated FW 1600 "Looper"

Potential new forum/sub forum

It's too bad DIS doesn't have a news/suggestion forum where this could be posted, but ....

Do the powers to be think that having a forum or sub-forum somewhere to have people connect for these illuminations/wishes cruises can post their individual cruise dates and make coordinating for that particular day easier. Now it's all in one sticky for all dates and makes someone navigating it difficult and harder for the "master cruise holder" keep track of what they are trying to do. Someone could also delete those threads where the cruises are done to keep the number of threads down in the forum/sub-forum. I know I'm interested in joining someone for one in the Dec/Jan time frame this year, but find the current thread cumbersome to say the least. Also, that way what has happened to some recent people where DISer's have said they would participate and simply not show up might give some visibility to those who are abusing the situation since the "master cruise holder" could give a "lpost cruise" report and say who did or didn't show up and comment on their particular experience.

Larry

DL-73,75,76,78,80,81,04; WDW-71,77,FW-85,86,87,89,90/91,91,93/94,94,95/96,96, 98,00/01,04/05,07/08,08,09,10/11 Next trip Dec 10, 2014 to Feb 2015 -Premium site all the way Our Rig: 2001 E350 w/7.3 PSD/4.10 rear towing a 2007 HR Aluma Lite 8306S. CLICK HERE FOR MY TRAILER MODS
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
MartDM
DIS Veteran

Great idea! I second the motion!
MartDM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

You might want to post this on the Tech Board. It would have better visibility to the Webmasters there. You could also send a PM to the moderators of the fourm where those cruises are currently posted

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 PM   #4
MacAddict
Heck with the pain...I NEED MY DIS!

Wonderful Idea,

That is the ONE THING i want to do on this trip coming up and haven't found a cruise group with room for 2

Oh well, maybe next time Hope we get to start this sub-forum!

Mike

Long Lost Friends Easter Pilgrimage - April 3-24, 2014
Annual Pilgrimage - Oct 5 - 15, 2007 - POR
2nd Anniversary Trip - Oct 28 -Nov 5 2006 - - CSR
Quickie Trip - March 2005 - POR
Birthday Celebration in Style - December 2004 - AKL

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM FOCKERWATCH
MacAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJ View Post
It's too bad DIS doesn't have a news/suggestion forum where this could be posted, but ....

Do the powers to be think that having a forum or sub-forum somewhere to have people connect for these illuminations/wishes cruises can post their individual cruise dates and make coordinating for that particular day easier. Now it's all in one sticky for all dates and makes someone navigating it difficult and harder for the "master cruise holder" keep track of what they are trying to do. Someone could also delete those threads where the cruises are done to keep the number of threads down in the forum/sub-forum. I know I'm interested in joining someone for one in the Dec/Jan time frame this year, but find the current thread cumbersome to say the least. Also, that way what has happened to some recent people where DISer's have said they would participate and simply not show up might give some visibility to those who are abusing the situation since the "master cruise holder" could give a "lpost cruise" report and say who did or didn't show up and comment on their particular experience.
Larry

How about someone just start share a thread each month?

That way anyone willing to share could post what they were able to book.
A link to the thread could then be posted to the original IC thread.

This is the way it's been done for years. However, the person that was doing it, hasn't been posting to often.

As far as public humiliation, that will never fly on the DIS.

I shared a cruise back in 2004 and it was great. I had everyone pay in advance.

I've read several threads in the last few months about no shows. If I decide to share a cruise in the future (March ), I'm planning to stick with posters who have been on the DIS for awhile.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #6
LarryJ
Dedicated FW 1600 "Looper"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyjunkie View Post
How about someone just start share a thread each month?

That way anyone willing to share could post what they were able to book.
A link to the thread could then be posted to the original IC thread.

This is the way it's been done for years. However, the person that was doing it, hasn't been posting to often.

As far as public humiliation, that will never fly on the DIS.

I shared a cruise back in 2004 and it was great. I had everyone pay in advance.

I've read several threads in the last few months about no shows. If I decide to share a cruise in the future (March ), I'm planning to stick with posters who have been on the DIS for awhile.
I sure wasn't meaning to advocate "public humiliation" except to simply state who might not have showed up and the disappointment of those "STUCK" with the bill. FACTS ARE FACTS so let the chips fall where they might and as you say you only accept those with some DIS credibility.

Larry

DL-73,75,76,78,80,81,04; WDW-71,77,FW-85,86,87,89,90/91,91,93/94,94,95/96,96, 98,00/01,04/05,07/08,08,09,10/11 Next trip Dec 10, 2014 to Feb 2015 -Premium site all the way Our Rig: 2001 E350 w/7.3 PSD/4.10 rear towing a 2007 HR Aluma Lite 8306S. CLICK HERE FOR MY TRAILER MODS
LarryJ is offline   Reply With Quote