Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 751 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:16 AM   #2956
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Anyone have the toffee cake from LTT?
mmlover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #2957
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmlover74 View Post
Anyone have the toffee cake from LTT?
It's posted on page 146 of this thread. Click here

There is an Index sticked to the top of this forum that makes searching for recipes very easy .

Click here
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2010, 02:18 PM   #2958
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slk537 View Post
This thread is SO great! I have copied over a few and I can't wait to make more WDW recipes until the next trip.

I have checked the index and can't find two recipes I would LOVE to have! We had a delicious dinner at The Wave this month and I would like to make the black bean soup with pork tenderloin at home, as well as the avocado citrus salad.

Anyone have these??
We just got back a week and a half ago. We tried The Wave for the first time and we absolutely LOVED it! It was our favorite meal of the trip. I had the sustainable fish with edamame stew and DH and DS15 both had the apple brined pork tenderloin. We got the recipes for both! I will post them when I get a chance. I have them at home, but we won't be home tonight.

I am not sure if the pork tenderloin is the same thing as you are refering to. Their's was server with mashed sweet potatoes and a spinach salad of some kind. I believe it was the special.

Here are some photos. Sorry they are not the best.

Apple Brined Pork Tenderloin with a Root Beer Demi Glaze

Sustainable Fish (Red Snapper, shrimp & IDK) over Corn and Edamame Stew OMG GOOD!

It was that good!

I NEVER clean my plate...

Me DH DS 18 DS 7

Last edited by MickeyWanaBe; 06-24-2010 at 01:44 PM.
MickeyWanaBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #2959
mmlover74
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the recipe.
mmlover74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #2960
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

The Wave

Quick post before we leave...
All from The Wave.
Apple Brined Pork Tenderloin with a Root Beer Demi Glace

Apple Brine

1 cup apple juice
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
pinch of black pepper
pinch of kosher salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar
pinch of red pepper flakes

Add all together and bring to a boil to make clear and disolve salt and sugar. Chill all the way down and then it is ready to use. Place pork loin, chop or tenderloin into marinade for 24 hours and then pull out. Grill very slowly on low heat or pork will char due to sugar content.

Root Beer Demi Glace On the pork.

1 cup veal or beef stock
1 cup of your favorite root beer
1 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon water

-Add the root beer to the veal stock and bring to a low simmer.
-Let it cook slowly until it cooks down by 1/4.
-At this point mix the water and cornstarch together and stir it into the demi glace.
-Cook for another 5 minutes and then store in a warm place until ready to use, or refrigerate.

Bacon Vinaigrette Dressing on the spinach salad.

2 tablespoons apple wood bacon
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tablesppons bacon grease
1 tablespoon white sugar
1/2 tablespoon yellow onion
pinch of parsley
pinch of rosemary
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

-Cut bacon into half inch pieces and cook until crispy in a pan. Save bacon grease.
-Put aside 3/4 of the cooked bacon. Take the other 1/4 of the bacon and put it in the blender (or robot coupe). With the vinegar, mustard, and bacon grease.
-Blend well. Slowly add oil and let run.
-Add oinions, sugar, herbs and seasonings.
-Taste and add remaining bacon.

Yield: 16 servings

Me DH DS 18 DS 7

Last edited by MickeyWanaBe; 06-24-2010 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:21 PM   #2961
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

The Wave

They are still not ready to go...

Southern Sweet Mashed Potatoes

2 cups diced sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons whole butter
4 tablesppons heavy cream
2 teaspoons brown sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of black pepper
3 tablesppons Jim Beam Bourbon

-Steam sweet potatoes until well cooked.
-While potatoes are cooking, place butter, sugar, cream and cook off bourbon on a small pot and heat up.
-When potatoes are done, place in oven for 5 minutes or so to get some of the moisture out of them.
-Place potatoes in a mixer with the whip attachment and whip away.
-Add cream mixture and then season with salt and pepper and taste. Reseason with more salt, pepper or Jim Beam as you see fit.

Yield: 4 servings

Note: These recipies are typed just as I recieved them from the Wave.

Me DH DS 18 DS 7
Old 06-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #2962
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

I've added the request to our index. However, it's probably best if you attempt to contact WDW yourself & give them the dates of your stay. There are tips on doing this in the index thread - see post #5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slk537 View Post
<snip>
I have checked the index and can't find two recipes I would LOVE to have! We had a delicious dinner at The Wave this month and I would like to make the black bean soup with pork tenderloin at home, as well as the avocado citrus salad.<snip>
Do you mean the Black Bean Chili with Pork Tenderloin & Jalapeno Corn Muffin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendog33 View Post
Hey guys!
I'm looking for the recipe for the smoothies they sell at Blizzard Beach. I think they sell them at the cooling hut and probably other spots as well. The pineapple-orange smoothie is awesome! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
I didn't find smoothies on the Cooling Hut menu, but did on Frostbite Freddie's. I've listed them as such on the request list in the index.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFF TO WDW! View Post
I requested this two days ago and LeCellier E-mailed this to me today!

Coffee Crust Dry Rub – Kansas Steak
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Canada Pavilion, Epcot®

Yield: 1 cup

Coffee Crust Dry Rub – Kansas Steak
1 cup fresh coffee grounds**
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon granulated garlic

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Coat steak on both sides with dry rub before grilling.
**She later clarified that the "fresh" coffee grounds were "unused" coffee grounds.
(Copied here from another thread.)
- - - -
Grilled Flank Steak with Fingerling and Brussel Hash
Swan & Dolphin Recipe Club

1 Ea. Flank Steak
1 Lb. Marble Potatoes
1 Lb. Brussel Sprouts
1/4 Lb. Bacon (diced)
1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes
1/4 Lb. Arugala
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Butter
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Chives (chopped, to taste)
Lemon Juice

METHOD

For potatoes:
Wash potatoes and put in sauce pan. Cover with cold water. Season water with salt. Bring water to a slow simmer. Simmer until potatoes are tender. Drain water immediately and cool potatoes. Depending on size of the potatoes, cut them into halves or quarters. Reserve for later use.

For Brussel Sprouts:
In a sauce pan, bring salted water to a boil. Clean and quarter brussel sprouts. Blanche sprouts in the water until tender. Approximately 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and place in an ice bath. Reserve for later use.

For Cherry Tomatoes:
Preheat broiler to 500 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half. Dress with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on to sheet pan. Broil until tomatoes start to blister.

For Flank Steak:
Season steak liberally with salt and pepper. Grill or broil steak to desired doneness. Let rest for 6min.

Final Assembly:
In a sauté pan render bacon until crisp. Remove bacon leaving fat in pan. Add potatoes and brussel sprouts to pan. Saute until potatoes start to turn golden. Add bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Take off heat and add chives.

PRESENTATION

Place hash onto center of plate. Slice flank steak across the grain and shingle onto hash. Spoon cherry tomatoes around. Dress arugula with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. Garnish with arugula. Drizzle all with olive oil.

Index complete through this post.

Last edited by piratesmate; 06-23-2010 at 06:53 PM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #2963
thwinters
Mouseketeer

Tutto Parmagiana Melanzaneto

Does anyone have the recipe for the eggplant appetizer at Tutto?

Thanks in advance.
thwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 05:01 AM   #2964
Tatania
Disney Foodie

MickeyWanaBe - thanks so much for taking the time to share those great sounding recipes. I'm doing a BBQ for 20 on July 4 and will be trying the Spinach dressing for sure and probably the pork.

Did you also get the Corn and Edamame Stew recipe? I'm a huge fan of Edamame and am lookig forward to seeing that one.

Below is an updated and somwhat changed version of the Jiko flatbread recipes. The recpes are from the summer issue of D23. My attempt last year with the other recipe ended up with a super wet dough which could would not form balls or be rolled out. I basically poured it into a pan and there was so much dough it ended ap a thick, heavy mess. Hope someone tried this recipe and lets us know if it's better.

Kalamata Olive Flatbread & Basic Flatbread (from D23)
Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge
Makes 6 (8- x 9-inch) flatbreads

Millet Dough
1 (1⁄2-ounce) envelope dry active yeast
3⁄4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
1⁄2 cups high-gluten or bread flour
1⁄2 cups millet flour
1⁄3 cup hulled millet
1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄4 teaspoon sugar

In small bowl, combine yeast and water. Stir gently to combine. Set aside until frothy, approximately 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine high-gluten or bread flour, millet flour, millet, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir to combine.
Slowly incorporate yeast-water mixture into flour mixture, stirring until a dough forms. Refrigerate overnight.

Kalamata Olive and Cheese Topping
1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1⁄2 cups shredded four-cheese blend (fontina, Gruyère, provolone, Asiago), divided
1⁄2 cups kalamata olives, pitted and halved, divided
3 cups loosely packed spring greens

Remove dough and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour. Place a baking stone in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Divide dough into 6 equal balls. Roll each ball into an 8- x 9-inch oval. Prick with a fork 10 times. Brush each oval with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with ¼ cup cheese and 1⁄4 cup olives.
Bake each flatbread on the preheated baking stone until crust is golden and cheese is melted and bubbly, 8 to 12 minutes. Top each flatbread with ½ cup spring greens. Cut flatbread into bite-size pieces. Serve warm.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 06-25-2010 at 06:04 AM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #2965
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

Lavender Ice Cream from Jiko!

Please, please, PLEASE tell me someone out there has this recipe!!! I loved it soo much on our first trip, that when we went back this past Jan, it wasn't on the menu!

Would love to try and replicate it at home; especially during these hot, horrific months!!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Leshaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:15 PM   #2966
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Did you also get the Corn and Edamame Stew recipe? I'm a huge fan of Edamame and am lookig forward to seeing that one.
Yes, I did!

Sustainable Fresh Fish

6 oz of your favorite fish
1 oz olive oil
1 oz green beans
1.5 oz edamame kernals
1.5 oz fresh corn kernals
2 oz vine ripe tomatoes
1/2 cup vegatable stock (see below)
1 oz whole butter
pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
1 oz cilantro chutney (see below)

Heat half of the olive oil in skillet. Season fish with salt and pepper and sear in hot oil, In a seperate pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the veggies in stages. Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. When it reaches this point, pull off of the heat and wisk in the butter to produce a thick sauce. Season and place vegetable stew in center of plate. Top vegetable stew with seared fish and cilantro chutney.

Yield: 1 serving

Vegetable Stock

1 Tbs olive oil
1/4 cup buttom mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup carrots, dieced
1/4 cup celery, diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 tps garlic
1 bay leaf
pinch of pepper
6 cups water

Place all vegetables in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. Roll vegetables in the bowl to evenly coat with the oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on seet pan and roast at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 20-30 minutes. Place golden vegetables, garlic, bay leaf and water in heavy bottomed pot. Bring to a simmer. Let vegetables slowly cook for 30-40 minutes; it will reduce by 20-30%, then strain, keeping broth and discarding vegetables. Chill or freeze stock until ready for use.

Yield: 4-6 servings

Cilantro Chutney

1/2 cup cilantro
1/8 cup chopped garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 tps salt
1/4 tps pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.

Yield: 4 servings

Me DH DS 18 DS 7
Old 07-11-2010, 05:18 AM   #2967
Tatania
Disney Foodie

MickeyWanaBe - thanks so much for sharing all those recipes. I have so much cilantro I should make the sauce but in this heat I don't feel much like cooking. I made some Disney salads, ribs and the jerk marinade from the Disney Institute for July 4th and the dishes were a huge hit. I'm changing up the Coconut Carrot Raisin Salad with less vinegar and lemon juice, frozen OJ, less ginger etc. It's much closer to the Boma version now and got raves. The Tunisian Cous Cous salad (Boma) is outstanding and Disney's Secret Sauce is one the best BBQ sauces ever.

House of Blues' Sweet Mash
House of Blues, Downtown Disney
10 servings.

1 1/4 gallons water for boiling potatoes
2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
1/8 cup milk

1. Peel and trim potatoes. Cut into chunks and place in pot of boiling water. While potatoes cook, combine cream and milk with butter and salt and white pepper. Let cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.

2. When potatoes are fork tender, drain in a colander and pour into a large mixing bowl. Mash potatoes. Add cream mixture and continue mashing until the desired consistency is reached.

French Toast With Fresh Berries and Mascarpone Cream
Tony’s Town Square, Magic Kingdom Park, WDW (archival)
Serves 8

6 whole eggs
4 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 pieces of thick-cut white bread or sourdough
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon fresh orange zest
Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)

1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla
2. Evenly coat bread, absorbing all the mixture.
3. On a nonstick griddle, grill bread about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Keep warm in oven and cook while cooking the remaining bread in batches.
4. In a bowl, combine mascarpone, powdered sugar and cream until it is the consistency of melted ice cream. Adjust with a few extra tablespoons of heavy cream as needed.
5. Cut French toast pieces diagonally. Top with berries, then drizzle with the cream mixture and sprinkle with orange zest. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:27 AM   #2968
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXFIELDZOO View Post
Hi all ,Love this thread ,love to cook and eat things that bring back any memory of the world,Does anyone have the recipes for the butterfinger muffin/cupcake from Starring rolls ,or the granola bars they serve in the AKL concierge lounge these are so fresh chewy and delish
]

Chocolate Butterfinger Cup Cake
Starring Rolls, Disney Hollywood Studios, WDW

Devil's Food Cake
1 cup boiling-hot water
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large eggs, warmed in very warm water for 10 minutes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup whole milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together boiling water and cocoa. Cover and set aside. With a mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, salt and vanilla extract. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and continue creaming until light and fluffy.
Sift together the flour & baking soda and add this mixture, alternately with the milk. Add cocoa and water mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Scoop into large Muffin Cups and bake for 20 to 25 minutes - until done.
Let cool completely before decorating.
Cut out some cake from the middle of the muffin. Fill with chocolate fudge and top with cut out cake. Pipe buttercream (the white stuff) around cake . Freeze and dip in chocolate coating. Immediately drizzle with crushed Butterfingers.

Note: The chef didn't include recipes for the chocolate fudge/buttercream/chocolate coating. This blogger (from whom I used the pictures) reviews the treat and says: "The “stem” of the chocolate cupcake is about the size of a jumbo muffin, and it’s a moist chocolate cake surrounding a big blob of soft fudge filling. The top of the cupcake is a tower of fluffy white icing (kind of like you’d get on a grocery store birthday cake) covered in a hard chocolate candy shell and sprinkled with Butterfinger crumbs."
These recipes are not from WDW but could help if you want to try making the cupcake.

**Vanilla Buttercream - Professional Bakery recipe
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
6 to 8 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of the sugar and then the milk and vanilla. On the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy, about 3 to 5 minutes. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition (about 2 minutes), until the icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency. You may not need to add all of the sugar. If desired, add a few drops of food coloring and mix thoroughly. (Use and store the icing at room temperature because icing will set if chilled.) Icing can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yield: enough for 2 dozen cupcakes
**From Allysa Torey, More From Magnolia: Recipes from the World-Famous Bakery: The vanilla buttercream we use at the bakery is technically not a buttercream but actually an old-fashioned confectioners' sugar and butter frosting. Be sure to beat the icing for the amount of time called for in the recipe to achieve the desired creamy texture.

*Chocolate Fudge Frosting:
4 ounces (120 grams) unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
2/3 cup (150 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/3 cups (160 grams) confectioners (powdered or icing) sugar, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan
of simmering water. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth and creamy (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until it is light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Add the chocolate and beat on low speed until incorporated. Increase the speed to medium-high and beat until frosting is smooth and glossy (about 2 -3 minutes). Frosts 12 cupcakes.
*from the cookbook Chocolate Bar by Matt Lewis and Alison Nelson

Hard Shell Topping Recipe
This chocolate sauce hardens, forming a chocolate shell over a cold item (like ice cream). Freeze your cupcake as directed and dip cupcakes in this chocolate sauce to make the hard shell.

16 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 cup of oil

Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave at 15 second intervals until melted together. Then slowly stir in oil. Cool in refrigerator for about an hour then use. May be stored in refrigerator for about a week.

Last edited by Tatania; 07-12-2010 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:18 AM   #2969
jknepfle
Longtime Disney fan, DVC Member

Disney's yacht and beach club resort coconut bars with chocolate chips

Note: The recipe as written calls for a 4x4 baking dish. I've never heard of a 4x4 baking dish. I gotta believe they mean an 8x8 dish:

DISNEY'S YACHT AND BEACH CLUB RESORT
COCONUT BARS WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS

1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter (melted)
1 egg white

METHOD:
Mix together by hand until mixture is evenly distributed. Pat mixture
down in a 8 X 8 baking dish. Brush one egg white over mixture. Put in
oven to dry.

3 3/4 cups condensed milk
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup nuts
1/4 cup coconut
8 oz semi sweet chocolate

METHOD:
Mix together. Pour into pan with graham cracker mixture. Bake at 350
degrees for approximately 20 minutes. Do not add semi sweet chocolate.

Cool pan and cut into squares. Dip 1/2 squares into semi sweet
chocolate.
jknepfle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #2970
MickeyWanaBe
I love Big Bang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Kouzzina by Cat Cora, Boardwalk, WDW
(See page 195 for recipe)

Tried this recipe last night and they were awesome! I haven't been to Kouzzina yet to try the real thing so I can't compare them, but they were pretty darn tastey. My DH who won't eat brussel sprouts even tried them and said he would eat them again.

This recipe is a keeper! Thank you!

Me DH DS 18 DS 7

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: