Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 846 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #2491
TinkOhio
DIS Veteran

Thanks! It was bumped back to page 8, but it's nice to know what part of the thread to look in!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:21 AM   #2492
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkOhio View Post
Thanks! It was bumped back to page 8, but it's nice to know what part of the thread to look in!
I just found it on page 6 again. Is anyone else having problems with page numbers? Just checking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikitoi
Originally quoted by lynninpa
And here is the BBQ Rub recipe from Flame Tree.

Flame Tree: BBQ Rub

2 lbs Sugar
8 ozs Season Salt
2 ozs Paprika
2 ozs Chili Powder
2 ozs Ground Black Pepper
1/2 ozs Garlic Salt
1/2 ozs Onion Powder
1 oz Cumin

Did anyone make this? Or does anyone have any good tips or links for converting these measurements, say for a half pound of ribs?
I keep a list of equivalents that I've had to look up. Here are some that might help you:

granulated white sugar - 1 lb = 2 cups
table salt - 1 oz = 1 Tbl

The spices may be harder. The "average" equivalent list is:
1 tsp = 1/6 oz
1 Tbl = 1/2 oz*
1/4 cup = 2 oz
1 cup = 8 oz
But that doesn't always hold true for spices. For example, ground ginger is 6 tsp = 1/2 oz but there are only 3 tsp in a Tbl - see * above.

The recipe as listed would probably make enough for the next 10 years! If you go to the McCormick site you can look up individual spices. They sell black pepper in a 2 ounce can. Can you imagine using a whole can in anything?!?!? LOL
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #2493
definitiveact
Earning My Ears

Does anyone here have the recipe for the hoop-dee-doo-musical revue strawberry shortcake? Also how do you guys get incontact with the resturants at wdw to send you the recipies?

I am new to the cooking message board and after only a day of looking I see so many recipes I want to make!!!

WDW-1998 offsite
WDW-2000 offsite
WDW-2002 Fort Wilderness
WDW-2003 Offsite
WDW-2005 Buena vista palace
WDW-2007 Buena Vista palace
DL-2008 offsite

I my Jack Russell Terrier!!

definitiveact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #2494
shershot99
Earning My Ears

Where to find a recipe

I have been looking through the recipes index and I am confused... what book or web page do the page numbers refer to? I see each recipe has a page number listed, but I do not know how to find or get to that page. can anyone help?

Thanks
shershot99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:44 AM   #2495
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitiveact View Post
Does anyone here have the recipe for the hoop-dee-doo-musical revue strawberry shortcake? Also how do you guys get incontact with the resturants at wdw to send you the recipies?

I am new to the cooking message board and after only a day of looking I see so many recipes I want to make!!!
Welcome to the Disney Recipe exchange. I know the Disney recipes will become family favourites as many of them are truly first-class. The best place to start when requesting a recipe is Disney Guest Relations.
guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com

You can also try the Contact form at: https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

They'll forward it to the appropriate Food and Beverage manager or chef. If you don't have a reply in 3 weeks or less don't hesitate to write again and let them know it's your second request or third request etc. Once you start getting responses you keep the names of the employees who write you and the next time you can contact them directly. My personal contact list now runs to 4 pages of a Word Doc. Direct contact is no guarantee of success however, as some recipes are not written down and some chefs will never respond or share a recipe - the Poly resort being a prime example. It's actually surprising how many do and it's a real testament to Disney Guest relations.
Always remember to share any new recipes you get.
Since there doesn't seem to be a published version of the Hoop-dee-doo-musical revue strawberry shortcake that would be a good request to make. It's a dish that's been on the menu forever and I bet the recipe has been written down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shershot99 View Post
I have been looking through the recipes index and I am confused... what book or web page do the page numbers refer to? I see each recipe has a page number listed, but I do not know how to find or get to that page. can anyone help?

Thanks
As our recipes increased (we now have the largest single online collection of Disney recipes right here) the index got far too long for a single post. Our hard-working moderator, piratesmate, put the index in a separate thread which you can find here: INDEX. It's best to bookmark this. You can find recipes by course or by restaurant. The page number next to the recipe refers to the recipe thread which is here: RECIPES. Depending on how many posts per page you're viewing, the page number should be the page of the thread on which the recipe is located.
It may seem confusing to see an index here but that is the OLD index and is no longer updated. The NEW index is updated regularly.

With pumpkin on sale right now:

Pumpkin Ravioli
Wolfgang Puck Grand Café, Downtown Disney
Serves 6

8 tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter
1 pound fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
2 cups heavy cream
1/2 bay leaf
2 tablespoons minced fresh sage, plus 6 small leaves for garnish
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
6 sheets, approx 6 x 12-inches, of fresh spinach pasta
1 egg, beaten lightly, for egg wash
1/4 cup semolina or all purpose flour, for dusting
2 cups chicken stock (see separate recipe)
2 shallots, chopped

1. Heat a large heavy skillet over low heat and add 4 tablespoons of the butter. When the butter is foamy, add the cubed pumpkin and cook, stirring often to stop it from sticking and burning, until it softens.
2. Transfer the pumpkin into a medium saucepan, add 1 cup heavy cream and half the herbs and cook over low heat for approximately 30 minutes, or until puree is thick and the liquid has evaporated. If any lumps remain, use a fork to crush them into the mixture. Stir occasionally to prevent scorching. Remove from the heat and beat in an additional 2 tablespoons butter.
3. Whisk in the beaten eggs. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
4. Lay out 3 sheets of pasta. Using a pastry bag or a teaspoon, place 8 equal mounds of the pumpkin puree on each sheet of dough, about 2 inches apart. Brush around each mound with eggwash. Cover the mounded dough sheets with a second sheet of pasta and press around the mounds of pumpkin to seal the dough. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out the ravioli. Dust a tray with semolina and place the ravioli on it. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil while you make the sauce

To Prepare the Sauce
1. In a medium saucepan, reduce the stock with the shallots to 1/2 cup. Add the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and reduce by half. Over low heat, whisk in the remaining 4 tablespoons butter, a little at a time, over low heat. Strain the sauce into a clean saucepan and add the remaining sage and thyme. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add the ravioli to the rapidly boiling water and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain. Add the ravioli to the sauce and bring just to the boil. Correct the seasonings.
Divide the ravioli among preheated plates and spoon the sauce over them. Garnish each with serving with a fresh sage leaf. Serve immediately.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Last edited by Tatania; 11-02-2008 at 02:53 AM.
Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #2496
dznygrl
Earning My Ears

Question Culinary Demonstration

Hi,
Do any of you have the recipe for the Butternut Squash and Scallop Pasta. I think it was Tim Donnelly from Publix on Oct 29th...I seem to have lost it, and it was absolutely delicious!! Thanks!!
dznygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 04:23 PM   #2497
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Sour Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis2cruise View Post
kielbasa and pierogies recipe anyone know how to make this?? We had it last week at the f & W and they were sooo good.

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogies with Sour Cream
Epcot F & W Festival, Poland
Serves 4

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ cup diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1 pound boiled Polish smoked Kielbasa sausage
8 boiled Pierogies ( recipe below)
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup chopped chives

1. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium – high heat and add the onion. Reduce the heat and cook until onion is soft, but not brown. Stir in the garlic and tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Add the sausage, cover the pan and cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sausage is heated throughout. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In a large sauté pan, melt the butter and cook the pierogies for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are brown.
3. Transfer the pierogies to a large serving platter with the sausage mixture. Sprinkle with the chives and serve to sour cream on the side.

Pierogies

Filling
1 pound Idaho potatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
1/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Dough
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
½ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk

1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain potatoes well. Add milk, butter, salt and pepper and mash until smooth. Add cheddar cheese and mix again. Set aside to cool before using.
2. For the dough, make a mountain of flour on a clean or surface. Make a well in the center and add the eggs and salt and 1/2 cup of milk. With your fingers, slowly draw the flour into the liquid, gradually adding the remaining milk to form a dough that is smooth and stiff but not sticky – if dough is still wet as more flour. Knead well. Cover the dough and let rest for about 1 hour.
3. Roll dough out as thinly as possible and cut into 3- inch circles. Spoon a tablespoon of filling in the center. Wet edges of dough with fingertip dipped in water, then fold over and crimp edges with a fork to seal.
4. Place pierogies in a large pot of boiling salted water, a few at a time – they will float to the top when they are done, approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Drain on paper towels.

Made The Floridian (from Disney The Land Grille Room at The Land in Epcot Center) last night and it was pretty good. It's basically a flour/egg coated red snapper on stir-fried veggie but that's as complex as I care to get right now as I'm still recuperating from this dreadful Chinese flu. I swear, the only place I'm traveling to in the future will have to have the word Disney in it somewhere.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #2498
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Sounds yummy, but this polish girl has never had tomatoes with her kielbasa (nor has it ever been boiled). And I don't use eggs or milk when making my pierogi dough.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:40 PM   #2499
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shershot99 View Post

Thanks
There is a link given at the very top of the index thread:
Quote:
<<>>"Official DISNEY RECIPE Exchange!"<<>> thread can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1575103
The page numbers listed in the index refer to the page numbers in the "Official DISNEY RECIPE Exchange" thread. The thread with the recipes is not stuck to the top of this forum so it tends to "float" but the index is always at the top.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #2500
debia413
Earning My Ears

DH and I just got back from F&W. I am hoping to find the recipes for two of our favorites.

Lamb Slider on Brioche Roll, New Zealand

Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup, Poland

I was happy to find in the index the Grilled Beef with Chimichurri Sauce! That was our #1 fav. Can't wait to try it.

Thanks!
debia413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 06:21 PM   #2501
definitiveact
Earning My Ears

Hoop-Dee-Doo's Strawberry Shortcake

i just received the recipe from disney. Thanks to Tatania for providing me with the information to get this recipe.

HOOP-DEE-DOO
Strawberry Shortcake

Pioneer Hall
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Yield: Approx. ½ Sheet Pan
(17” x 12”)

Yellow Pound Cake
Step 1
1 ¼ lb. Cake Flour Pinch Nutmeg
1 ¼ lb. Granulated Sugar ½ lb. Shortening
¼ oz. Baking Powder ¼ lb. Butter
½ oz. Salt 8 oz. Milk

Step 2
6 Eggs
4 oz. Milk
½ oz. Vanilla
(Almond Extract can be substituted for vanilla)

1) Sift and blend all dry ingredients from Step 1 together. Add shortening, butter, milk, and mix 5-7 minutes at low speed.
2) Combine all ingredients from Step 2 together and blend lightly.
3) Add liquid mix from Step 2 to Step 1 in three parts, scraping down bowl between. Bake at 350 degrees until tester inserted into cake comes out clean.

Topping
Add whipped cream and Smucker’s Frozen Strawberries (thawed) to taste.

Sidenote-yes I realize that their is not time for how long it says to cook it, this is how they sent the recipe to me, I plan on making it within the next week and once I test it out I will update as to how long it took me to bake it.

WDW-1998 offsite
WDW-2000 offsite
WDW-2002 Fort Wilderness
WDW-2003 Offsite
WDW-2005 Buena vista palace
WDW-2007 Buena Vista palace
DL-2008 offsite

I my Jack Russell Terrier!!

definitiveact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:36 PM   #2502
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Lamb Slider - Roasted Lamb with Mustard Sauce on Brioche

Quote:
Originally Posted by debia413 View Post
DH and I just got back from F&W. I am hoping to find the recipes for two of our favorites.

Lamb Slider on Brioche Roll, New Zealand
Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup, Poland
Thanks!
Lamb Slider - Roasted Lamb with Mustard Sauce on Brioche
Epcot Food and Wine Festival, New Zealand
Serves 4

1/2 pound lamb sirloin
1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced into very thin slivers
2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 brioche rolls, sliced and toasted

1. Place the lamb on a large platter and make ½” deep slits all over with a small knife, and insert a sliver of garlic in each cut. Rub the lamb all over with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover the meat and leave to marinade for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F
3. In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, sear the lamb on all sides.
4. Transfer the meat to a roasting pan and cook it until it is firm to the touch and pink in the center, about 35 minutes.
5. Allow the sirloin to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
6. In the meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter and mustard and season to taste with pepper. Butter both sides of the rolls and set them aside.
7. To serve, thinly slice the lamb and divide the meat among the four prepared rolls.

Mustard Sauce
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 large white onions, sliced thinly
1/8 cup horseradish
1 cup brown gravy (your favorite recipe)
1/4 cup Dijon mustard

In a skillet, add oil and cook white onions until caramelized. Be carefully not to burn.
Add horseradish, brown gravy and Dijon mustard. Blend well until heated.
Butter buns on both sides with this mixture.

Alternate Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
3/4 cup grilled red peppers, coarsely chopped
2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
To taste salt
To taste freshly ground pepper.

Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan and add the onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly or until the onions are translucent.
Add the peppers and tomatoes and cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until most of the moisture has evaporated.
Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Use 2 tablespoons of peperonato for each sandwich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by definitiveact View Post
i just received the recipe from disney. Thanks to Tatania for providing me with the information to get this recipe.
That is SO exciting. I was always love getting a new recipe from Disney as it feels like getting a birthday present or something.

Last edited by Tatania; 12-23-2008 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Edited to add sauce recipes
Old 11-05-2008, 09:00 PM   #2503
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Recipe Request

I LOVE this thread!

Does anyone have the recipe for the Parmesan-Crusted Chicken from Pop Century or the Strawberry Tart from Boulangerie Patisserie?
Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #2504
Tinker_Belle
DIS Veteran

Quiche au Fromage de Chevre et poireaux

Quiche au Fromage de Chevre et poireaux, F&WF 2008 (France)

4 ounces goat cheese
1 9-inch pie shell, prebaked and cooled
½ cup leeks, blanched with dark-green parts removed
1 teaspoon herbs de Provence (available at Williams-Sonoma)
4 eggs
2 cups half-and-half
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Coarse salt & freshly-ground pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Sprinkle the goat cheese over the bottom of the pie shell. Evenly distribute the leeks over the cheese layer, followed by herbs de Provence.

3. Whisk the eggs and half-and-half in a small bowl for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Pour over contents in the pie shell.

4. Place quiche on a baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake 40-45 minutes, or until the custard is firm to the touch and golden brown. To prevent the crust from getting too dark, you can cover it with a strip of aluminum foil or a pie shield.

5. Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #2505
teacher31
DIS Veteran

Anyone have the recipe from the Mango Mousse this year from India or the Spice Cake from Africa with that wonderful chocolate sauce? They were both so wonderful!
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
teacher31 is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: