Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 AM   #2296
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahoward View Post
Does anyone have the recipe for the Rainbow Colada at Rainforest Cafe? I know that they are not "disney owned" but I had one while at AK and loved it so much I have to ask. I also wanted to thank all of you that have provided all these recipes. It's really great to be able to try these at home and bring back all those great memories of the world.
This is the only thing I could find on it...

Rainbow Colada

A chilling combination of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, strawberries and bananas, Pina Colada mix and pineapple juice blended together.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #2297
floridaminnie
WDW is my 2nd home and working on DCL being my 3rd!
Give me a foot massage andI'm yours!
Friends don't let floridaminnie grade papers drunk from too many margaritas!

Does anyone have the recipe for the bannana cheesecake that Spoodles use to offer. It was to die for. Thanks!

7/27/02 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2019; 3/23/03 4-Nigh Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 7503; 7/17/03 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 2605; 12/27/03 7-night Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 2105; 07/08/04 3-Night Bahamian Cruise Stateroom 6094; 07/04/09 7-Nigh Eastern Caribbean Cruise Stateroom 5020
floridaminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #2298
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
This is the only thing I could find on it...

Rainbow Colada

A chilling combination of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, strawberries and bananas, Pina Colada mix and pineapple juice blended together.
I wouldn't mind trying one of those (with a slice of banana cheescake on the side ) and hope we can get the recipes for the items.

Now that I'm back iIve been trying a few recipes (esp. salads for the summer) and will give a quick report.

Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple (recpe below) - Made this while in Guyana though I simplified it by making a fruit salad from the pineapple and bananas and a dressing with the sugar, rum, OJ and mango puree (desiccated coconut wasn't available). It was delicious and a huge hit with all who tried it. Of course, it helps to have very sweet pineapples straight from the field. Few things taste as good as a sun-ripened pineapple.

Mediterranean Salad (below) and the Ghana Roast Chicken Salad (below) - both are very good though especially love the chicken salad.

I also tried2 recipes from the Delicious Disney cookbook before I left town - Oodles of Noodles Beef 'n Mac & Tooty Fruity Salad - and both turned out well. Simple but tasty.

Buccaneer's Sun-Ripened Pineapple
Pirates IN the Caribbean Dinner, Disney Cruise Line

1 Pineapple cut into 8's
4 Bananas peeled
1/4 lb Dessicated Coconut
6 oz Egg white
2 oz Caster Sugar
20 cl (a little over ¾ cup) Orange juice (from concentrate)
20 cl (a little over ¾ cup) Mango puree
1 oz Rum

Remove the flesh of the pineapple from the skin-and cut horizontally into 8 and arrange on skin. Reserve the leave for the decoration. Make a meringue with half of the sugar and egg white. Make a syrup with the rum, remaining sugar, orange juice and mango puree. Roast the coconut. Dip the banana into the egg white then the roasted coconut, place on silicon paper.

Mediterranean Salad
Hollywood & Vine, Disney-MGM Studios

1 C. cabbage, shredded
1 C. fresh spinach leaves
1 C. tomatoes, chopped
1/2 C. red onions, chopped
1/2 C. Feta cheese, diced
1/2 C. banana peppers, sliced
1/2 C. Kalamata olives
1/2 C. Balsamic vinaigrette (used Kraft)
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss all ingredients with 1/2 C. of Balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.

Ghana Roast Chicken Salad
Boma, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yields 6 servings

½ cup Apple, diced
½ cup Red onion, diced
½ cup Celery, diced
½ cup Red bell pepper, diced
½ cup Poblano pepper, roasted, diced
1/4 cup Honey roasted peanuts
½ pound Cooked chicken, diced
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/16 cup Cinnamon
1/16 cup Cumin
1/16 cup Nutmeg
1/16 cup Red crushed pepper
½ cup Raisins, seedless

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let set for at least one hour.

Oodles of Noodles Beef 'N Mac
Various Restaurants, WDW (from Delicious Disney, 2006)
Serves 4

2 cups dried whole-grain macaroni
1/2 pound lean ground beef
1 1/2 cups favorite Marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups fresh green beans, snipped and broken into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups fresh baby carrots, peeled
1/8 teaspoon salt, or to taste
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Tooty Fruity Salad (recipe follows)

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. While pasta is cooking, heat a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat and brown ground beef, breaking into small pieces. Cook for about 4 - 5 minutes, until beef is browned. Drain off excess fat. Reduce heat to medium low and add the Marinara sauce.
While sauce is simmering, steam green beans and carrots about 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly firm. Season to taste.
Mix macaroni into sauce, then stir in 1 cup of mozzarella. To serve, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and serve vegetables on the side.
Serve with the Tooty Fruity Salad.

Tooty Fruity Salad
Serves 4

3/4 cup peeled, seeded and 1/2" cubes of cantaloupe
3/4 cup peeled, seeded and 1/2" cubes of honey dew melon
3/4 cup red grapes
3/4 cup peeled, cored and 1/2" cubes of pineapple
2 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut

In a small bowl, mix together fruit. Sprinkle with shredded coconut. Chill before serving.

Blackened Crawfish
Boatwrights, Disney's Port Orleans Resort, Riverside

1-1/2 lbs. Linguine
2 cups Crawfish Tail Meat (Cooked)
2 cups Andouille Sausage, Julienne
1-1/3 cups Parmesan Cheese, Grated
3 to 4 tbs. Cajun Blackening Seasoning
2 tbs. Butter, Unsalted
1/2 cup Green Onion, 1/4 inch slices
3 cups Half & Half

Cook Linguine according to package instructions until al dente. Cool under running water and lightly oil. Heat a heavy pan (large enough to hold the linguine) over medium heat. Melt Butter in the Pan. Add the Andouille sausage and sauté until it begins to brown.
Add the crawfish meat and Cajun Blackening Seasoning. Cook for one minute. Add the half & half. Bring to a boil. Add the linguine and toss together until well coated and thoroughly heated. Sprinkle in half of the parmesan cheese and toss thoroughly. Portion onto warm plates and garnish each plate with the remaining parmesan cheese and green onions.

Crab Cakes
Yacht Club Galley, (now Captain's Grill), Walt Disney World Resorts

2 teaspoon butter
2 tablespoons Chablis
1/2 cup celery,finely diced
1/2 teaspoon dill, fresh chopped
1/4 cup Spanish onion , finely diced
1/2 tsp. Paprika
1/4 cup scallions finely diced
1/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1/4 cup mushrooms finely diced pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic finely diced
Pinch of pepper
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 large egg yolks
2 tsp. Parsley chopped
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp. Lemon juice
1 cup blue crab lump meat drained
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In a large skillet , melt butter and saute celery onions, mushrooms and garlic till tender. Remove from heat and stir in mustard, parsley, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Chablis, and spices. Blend well. Lightly beat egg yolks and add to vegetable mixture with the bread crumbs. Mix well and fold in crab meat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. When ready to cook, form crab mixture into small patties and pan fry in a small amount of oil until lightly browned on both sides and hot all the way through. Can be served with Marinara sauce.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 PM   #2299
ecuagoddess
Mouseketeer

Hi all, this thread is awesome.

Just 2 questions:
1. the Coral Reef Pan-Seared Tilapia recipe is on page 141 according to the index. I see that someone requested the recipe on that page but I can't find the recipe itself. Can someone point me in the right direction?
2. I would love the recipes for the Kalamata Olive Hummus, Durban Tikka Masala, and Malay Spinach-Lentil Dip that come with the Taste of Africa at Jiko.

Thanks so much for your help!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan '83 Offsite * July '90 Offsite * March '01 Offsite * Nov '04 DCL 3-nt Bahamian, AKL & CSR * Jan '05 ASMo * June '08 AKL/Pop * Oct '09 DLR * Dec '12 Aulani * May '13 DCL 7-nt Alaska

Next Trip... June '15 AoA/AKL

ecuagoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:04 PM   #2300
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecuagoddess View Post
Hi all, this thread is awesome.

Just 2 questions:
1. the Coral Reef Pan-Seared Tilapia recipe is on page 141 according to the index. I see that someone requested the recipe on that page but I can't find the recipe itself. Can someone point me in the right direction?
2. I would love the recipes for the Kalamata Olive Hummus, Durban Tikka Masala, and Malay Spinach-Lentil Dip that come with the Taste of Africa at Jiko.

Thanks so much for your help!
For future reference, all the posted recipes can be found on the Index Page posts 1&2 ( http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1777635 ), The requests begin on post 5. It's quite a bit of info to go through.

It doesn't look like it the Tilapia has been posted yet, but has probably been requested. Same for the recipes from Jiko, I don't see them. I spent the day in the sun and am feeling a bit so I may be wrong though.

You can use the info on the index page (post 4) to request the recipe from WDW. ... https://secure.disney.go.com/wdw/contact/contactUs
Old 07-08-2008, 08:19 AM   #2301
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Greeneyes is right, the recipe for the Tilapia has been requested but not posted. Each request is prefaced by the post number (2111: in this case) followed by the page number on which it appeared. Currently the request index appears in post #5, but they get shuffled every once in a while as the other indexes get too large.

Recipes that have been posted are organized 2 different ways - by course in posts 1 & 2 currently and by restaurant in posts 7 & 8 currently. We now have over 1000 recipes posted, which makes it a LOT of info to look through. I find it easiest not to try to scan the page for what I want. The easiest way to use the index, when looking for a specific recipe, is to use your browser's "FIND" option. For PC users, you can get to that by pressing the <CTRL> & <F> buttons simlutaneously or by looking in the Edit menu. Either method will call up a small window in the status bar of your browser window in Firefox or a small separate window in IE. (I haven't used a MAC in 7 years & can't remember how to do it there, but I'm sure the same capability is available.)

I'll add your requests to the list, but you can find help on how to request those recipes yourself in post #4 of the index thread. Good luck & please come back to post anything they send you. (Please note that while AKL is usually very good about responding to emailed requests for recipes, everyone at WDW gets very busy & slow to respond during the summer months.)
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #2302
piratesmate

I thought I'd share a few recipes from the Grand Floridian today.

Broccoli Slaw
1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian

1½ lb Broccoli florets
¼ cup Cashew Halves
¼ cup Cooked/diced Bacon
¼ cup Red Onion- small, diced
¼ cup Raisins
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbl Sugar
dash Salt

1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a 4-quart pan.
2. Add Broccoli florets and cook for approximately 3 minutes or until barely tender. Cool thoroughly in ice water. Drain completely.
3. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook in sauté pan until crisp. Drain off excess grease and cool.
4. Add small red onion.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the diced red onion, raisins, mayonnaise, sugar, and cashews.
6. Add the thoroughly cooked broccoli and cooked bacon.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Mix gently but thoroughly.
9. Refrigerate until served.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Citrus Salad
Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian
yield : one serving

¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¼ cup tomato chopped
2 slices avocado
4 orange sections, peeled
2 cups salad greens, fresh
4 grapefruit sections peeled
¼ cup pecan meats
Lime wedges
citrus salad dressing (recipe follows)

Toss all ingredients lightly with fresh salad greens. Refrigerate. Serve with citrus salad dressing and lime wedges.

Citrus Salad Dressing
yield: one quart

½ cup mayonnaise
6 Tbl dry mustard
2 cups key lime juice
1 cup pineapple vinegar

Blend all ingredients until smooth and refrigerate

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie
Narcoossee's, Grand Floridian

3 eggs lightly beaten
pinch of salt
1 cup light corn syrup
½ cup chocolate chips
1 Tbl butter melted
1 heaping cup pecan meats
½ cup sugar
1 unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 400º
In a mixing bowl combine ingredients in order given, mix well and pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake for 5 minutes and then reduce heat to 300º and continue baking for 1 hour or until filling is thick. Cool on wire rack and serve at room temp.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Cobb Salad Dressing
Grand Floridian Café, Grand Floridian
Yield: 1 QT

7 oz Water
7 oz Red Vinegar
1 oz Lemon juice
1 Tbl Sugar
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbl Grey Poupon Mustard
2 tsp Garlic Minced
7 oz Olive Oil
7 oz Canola Oil

In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients except for oils and salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the oil to make a smooth dressing with a balanced taste. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Use immediately or store covered, in the refrigerator, for up to a week.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Cream of Mushroom Soup
1900 Park Fare, Grand Floridian
Yield: 9 (6-ounce) servings.

2 Tbl butter
½ medium onion, diced
3 celery ribs, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
4 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon dry white wine
4½ cups chicken stock
2⁄3 cup whole milk
1 bay leaf
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
2⁄3 heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon white pepper

1. Melt butter in 2-quart sauce pot. Add onion, celery, garlic; sweat until translucent, stirring occasionally.
2. Add flour to pan when butter pools from the vegetables. Stir until incorporated. Cook slowly for 5-8 minutes to develop the thickening power of the flour.
3. Whisk in the dry white wine, chicken stock, whole milk and bay leaf to the contents of the pan. Stir until soup simmers and thickens slightly,
4. Add mushrooms to the soup; allow to simmer for 20 minutes to develop soups flavor. Remove the bay leaf. Finish with heavy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve hot.

Recipe note: If you prefer a smooth cream soup, blend the soup in a blender.

<source> Orlando Sentinel

= = = = = = = = = = = =
English Trifle
Garden View Lounge Afternoon Tea, Grand Floridian

Sponge Cake
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 Tbl melted butter
¾ cup sifted all purpose flour

In a mixing bowl combine sugar eggs, salt and vanilla. Whip over a double boiler until triple in volume. Fold in flour and butter. Pour into a greased 10" round cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until done.

Chantilly Cream
1 cup milk
½ vanilla bean
3 egg yolks
2½ Tbl sugar
2 Tbl cornstarch
2 cup heavy cream, whipped

In a sauce pan, combine milk and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil. In a mixing bowl, combine yolks, sugar and starch. Pour half the boiling milk into the yolks stirring constantly. Return to sauce pan and stir until thick. Remove from heat and chill. When chilled. Pass through a sieve. Fold in heavy cream.

In a 9" glass bowl, line the bottom with a ½" thick piece of sponge cake. Sprinkle with sherry. Cover the sponge cake with ½ the chantilly. Cover the chantilly with strawberry halves. Repeat this process one more time. Cover with whipped cream and toasted coconut.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
Gingerbread Ice Cream with Chocolate Soup
Citricos, Grand Floridian

Gingerbread Ice Cream

1 pt. (2 cups) vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
2 tablespoons molasses
2 teaspoons ground ginger
8 ginger-man cookies (Pepperidge Farm), broken in small pieces

Chocolate Soup
8 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup boiling water
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons heavy cream
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
Garnish - decorated ginger-man cookies

Vigorously stir ice cream, molasses and ginger, in a medium bowl until blended. Fold in crushed cookies. Freeze 4 hrs or until set.

Up to 1 hour before serving -
Put chocolate in a medium bowl. Add boiling water, stir until chocolate melts. Cool to room temperature. Stir in remaining soup ingredients. Ladle into bowls, add scoops of ice cream, and garnish with decorated or plain ginger man cookies.

= = = = = = = = = = = =
I alos just found this one & didn't see it listed in our index. It sounds awesome!

MACADAMIA NUT PIE
Papeete Bay Verandah & South Seas Dining Room, Polynesian

½ cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
¾ cup corn syrup
3 eggs
2/3 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
1 unbaked pie shell - 9 inch

Cream together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt. Blend in syrup. Add eggs slowly, stirring until well mixed. Fold in nuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 400 degrees F for ten minutes, then reduce heat to 325 degrees F and bake 45 minutes longer until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Cooking with Mickey Around our World (1987)

All indexes are updated through this post.

Last edited by piratesmate; 07-08-2008 at 12:47 PM.
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:08 PM   #2303
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Quote:
Originally Posted by newharmony View Post
I've been looking for the recipe for the Goulash at Sommerfest. The goulash hasn't been available for a while, but we love it and would reallly like to have the recipe. Thanks for any help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soot View Post
Don't know if this has been requested before or if it is possible to get but, does anyone know the recipe for the goulash soup that used to be available from the counter service in Germany?

GOULASH SOUP
Biergarten Restaurant, EPCOT WALT DISNEY WORLD
Serves: 12 people

2 pounds Beef (stew meat)
1 cup Carrots (small dice)
1 cup Celery (small dice)
2 cups Onion (small dice)
2 tablespoons Garlic (minced)
1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
2 tablespoons Paprika
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/2 cup Flour 2 Bay Leaves
1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
3/4 cup Burgundy Wine
1 cup Tomato Paste
1 cup Tomatoes (diced)
5 Beef Base (bouillon cubes)
2 quarts Water
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste

In a pot add the vegetable oil and beef. Sauté until browned. Then add the diced carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Cook until the vegetables are soft but firm. Add the flour, cumin powder, paprika, and tomato paste and on a low flame and let cook for approximately 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent from sticking to the pot. Then add the burgundy wine, Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, bay leaves, water and bouillon cubes. Bring to a boil, then reduce the flame to a simmer until the beef is tender. Adjust seasonings with salt and black pepper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaminnie View Post
Does anyone have the recipe for the bannana cheesecake that Spoodles use to offer. It was to die for. Thanks!
The current chef and long term cast members do not recall serving this item and they don't have a recipe for it.

Mai Tai
Disney’s Polynesian Resort – ‘Ohana Restaurant

1 oz Myers Dark Rum
2 oz Orange juice
2 oz Pineapple juice
2 oz Sour Mix
Dash Lime juice
Dash Orgeat syrup

Combine all ingredients. Serve in a chilled glass with pick-lime/cherry.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #2304
piratesmate

Here are a few from Disneyland. I have more & will post them soon.

Apple Vichyssoise with Blue Cheese
Pacific Hotel's Pacific Coast Highway, Disneyland

1 Tbl butter
1/3 cup chopped sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia)
2 cups apples, peeled and diced (Fuji apples work best),
Plus 1 cup finely diced apple for garnish
1/3 cup sauvignon blanc wine
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
2 – 4 oz crumbled blue cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan. Sweat the onions over low heat until they are clear and soft but not brown. Add the diced apples and cook until they are soft. Add the wine and chicken stock, then the cream and bring to a simmer. Add the blue cheese to taste.

Check the seasoning, and add salt and pepper if desired.
Puree the soup in a blender and refrigerate overnight or until well chilled.

Serve chilled, top with a garnish of finely diced apples.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Bengal BBQ Spicy Beef Skewers
Yield 2¾ cups
Portion Size: 6

1 cup Soy Sauce
1½ cups Water
1 Tbl Ground Black Pepper
3 Tbl Sesame Seed Oil
1 tsp Ground Red Pepper
½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbl Granulated Garlic
3 Tbl Cornstarch
18 one-ounce pieces Sirloin Beef Chunks
6 Bamboo Skewers

Combine all of the ingredients above and bring to a boil, adding cornstarch to thicken. Soak the bamboo skewers in water to avoid burning. Place 3 pieces of beef on each skewer and cook on the grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Brush with sauce and serve.

<Source> MousePlanet

Bengal BBQ Tahitian Sauce (Chicken Dip)
4 each Whole Cloves
1 Tbl Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Catsup
½ cup Crushed Pineapple
½ cup Pineapple Juice
½ cup Brown Sugar
½ cup Soy Sauce
¼ cup Orange Juice Conc.
3 Tbl water
Simmer cloves in vinegar for 5-10 minutes. Strain cloves and add other ingredients. Bring mixture to slow boil over medium heat.

Blue Bayou Caramelized Pecan Salad Topping

16 oz. Pecans
6 oz. Butter
8 oz. Brown Sugar
0.05 oz. Cayenne Pepper

Roast pecans in a 350 degree preheated oven, for about 15 minutes or until roasted. Separately place skillet over stove and melt butter. Add brown sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved. Stir constantly to emulsify sugar and butter, add cayenne pepper and pecans. Coat them well. Place pecans on a cookie sheet and let cool.

<Source> MousePlanet

Blue Bayou Chicken Florentine

4 chicken breast (with skin), 7 oz each
1 cup Florentine sauce (see below)
3 oz chopped fresh or frozen spinach
3 oz grated cheddar cheese
2 oz cooked and chopped bacon
seasoned salt to taste
2 Tbl melted butter

If fresh spinach is used, it must be blanched. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In mixing, combine spinach, bacon and cheese; set aside. Open chicken breast and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Stuff with spinach mixture.
Fold and place seam side down in baking dish. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle outside with seasoned salt. Bake in preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Top with Florentine sauce [below] and serve over rice.

Florentine Sauce
Yield: 2 cups

2 tsp unsalted butter
2 tsp flour
3 tsp unsalted butter (room temp)
1½ finely chopped onions
3 sliced medium mushrooms
2/3 cup white wine
¼ cup chicken broth
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tbl diced pimentos
1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh chives
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
salt and white pepper to taste

Blend together flour and 2 tsp of the butter; set aside. Sauté onions and mushrooms in 1 tsp. butter (do not allow onions to brown). Add white wine and reduce completely. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and slowly add the flour/butter mixture a little at a time until desired thickness is achieved. Continue cooking at a simmer for 8 - 10 minutes.

Blue Bayou Chocolate Mousse
Yield: 8 cups

12 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 oz unsalted butter
5 oz egg whites
2 oz sugar
3½ cups of heavy cream

In a double boiler combine chocolate and butter, stirring until melted. Whip cream and sugar until light and fluffy; set aside. Beat egg whites at high speed until soft peaks form.
Using a wire whisk combine egg whites with the melted chocolate and then with the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Blue Bayou Crab Cakes
Yield: 6 servings, 2 each
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

1 lb imitation crab, finely chopped
½ lb snow crab, finely chopped
3 large mushrooms, minced
2 Tbl chopped green onion
2 Tbl minced onion
1 tsp dried parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
1 large shallot peeled and minced
1 tsp chicken base
¼ tsp ground mustard
¼ tsp cayenne Pepper
¼ tsp white pepper
2 Tbl cooking sherry
¼ tsp thyme
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 cup heavy cream
½ cup bread crumbs
2 Egg yolks
2 Tbl Margarine or butter

Melt Margarine in pan, add Mushrooms, Garlic, Shallots onion and Green onions, Parsley and sauce until tender. Add all Crab meat and sauté over medium heat until hot, stirring constantly.
Add bread crumbs, mix well, and turn off heat. Place mixture on cookie sheet, cover and refrigerate until cool (approximately 1 hour).

Breading
3 Eggs
¼ cup flour
½ cup bread crumbs
1 cup salad oil

When cool, divide mixture into 12 equal pieces. Form so that they are round and approximately 1/2 inch thick. Whip eggs in bowl. Dust the cakes in flour, dip in eggs and then roll in bread crumbs.
Heat salad oil in skillet until hot. place crab cakes in pan and lightly brown on both sides. Remove from skillet and place in 9x13 baking dish.
Bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve with Cajun pepper sauce and garnish with fresh chopped chives.

All indexes are updated through this post.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:24 PM   #2305
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Mmmmm....crab cakes & chocolate mousse.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:55 AM   #2306
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

subscribe.......again

TheGoofyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:45 PM   #2307
softwind
Earning My Ears

Thanks to everyone for sharing. I can't wait to try some of these
softwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:42 AM   #2308
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

Valencia orange sorbet

Orange sorbet instruction from Disney chef
Delight your friends this summer with this Valencia orange sorbet that can be made within minutes and is good at any time of the day. Disney Chef Gloria Tae shows how to make orange sorbet.

About the Valencia orange:
Used to be grown through out the county (including where Disney lies today). Has a thin skin that’s difficult to peel. It’s sweet, juicy and contains few seeds.

About Gloria Tae:
Originally from Seoul, North Korea, Tae has been working as a chef at the Disneyland Resort for six years. She describes her culinary style as California rustic with Asian accents.

Ingredients:

Juice from eight Valencia oranges (about two cups)
Juice from one lime
Sugar (quantity varies according to orange?s sweetness)
Salt (optional)
Instructions: Mix the orange and lime juice and add sugar to taste. Then pour mix into ice cream maker. Time varies on each machine but try to reach an ice cream-like consistency.

- Maria Chercoles, intern with The Orange County Register

Old 07-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #2309
TheGoofyMama

Disney Chef Mike Hugo shows how to prepare lumpias
Food & Wine Festival 08

Add a little Asian flare to your kitchen with this traditional Filipino dish, which is the original recipe for the popular spring or egg roll.

Lumpias are good as a snack, an appetizer, or even as main dish if prepared with rice and other vegetables. See Disney Chef Mike Hugo prepare them during Disney’s Food and Wine Festival, running through May 5.

Be sure to read more in which you’ll see the full recipe.

Ingredients:

Two pounds of ground pork
Two pounds of ground beef (both meets can be replaced for turkey for a more lean dish)
Four ounces of chopped carrots
Four ounces of chopped onions
Four ounces of chopped celery
Two ounces of garlic
Two ounces of Parsley
Once ounce of sesame seeds
Two ounces of soy sauce
Two eggs
Salt (to personal taste)
Pepper
Canola Oil
Lumpia wraps (sold at Asian stores)
Optional:

Serve with sweet chili sauce or Dijon mustard sauce.
Instructions:

Mix the two meats and add the carrots, onions and celery. Then spice with parsley, garlic, sesame seeds, pepper and salt. Keep mixing as you add the eggs.
Keep the lumpia wraps under paper towels to keep them humid. Once the mix is ready, place a lumpia wrap on flat surface and add about an ounce of mix on a corner. Fold bottom corner of the wrap towards the center and then do the same with the right and left corners .Continue to roll on itself, then moist the final corner on egg wash (made of egg and water) to seal.
Make sure to leave no air pockets within it. Fry on canola oil for a few minutes on at medium heat for about 3-4 minutes, turning once. They are ready when they float and the wrap becomes golden brown.
-Maria Chercoles, intern at The Orange County Register

Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 AM   #2310
TheGoofyMama

Cooking with Mickey Around Our World 1986

Yakitori Sauce

Yakitori House, Japan Showcase, EPCOT Center

1/4 c sake wine
1 c mirin wine
1 c soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/3 c water

Combine sake and mirin wine in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add soy sauce and sugar. Let simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Dissolve cornstarch in water and add to boiling mixture. Cook and stir until mixture boils and is thickened. Serve hot over baked, broiled or roasted chicken.

White Sauce
Walt Disney World

makes; 2 cups

2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp
flour
2 c milk, heated
1/2 tsp salt
white pepper to taste

Heat butter in a heavy saucepan. Add flour and stir over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not brown. Gradually add heated milk, beating with a whisk until sauce is thickened and smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and strain.

Vanilla Sauce
Lake Buena Vista Club, Lake Buena Vista Communities

makes 3 1/2 cups

3 cups milk
1/2 c sugar
1/8 tsp yellow food coloring, if desired
3 tbsp cornstarch
4 tbsp water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat milk, sugar and food coloring to boiling point. Dissolve cornstarch in water and stir into hot liquid. Cook and stir until mixture boils and is thickened. Let cool and blend in vanilla. Serve with fruit, pudding or cake.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: