Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2008, 03:14 PM   #2011
apostolic4life
Chef Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesmate View Post
OK ladies, I'm going to ask that we table this discussion before it gets ugly.

Ok, who you callin' lady...........this morning when I got up and took a shower I was a dude........I make a few posts to an internet forum and *POOF* I'm a lady.

I can't really comment on the ugly part......because I am.

Where we've been:Aug. 2004 - CBR : Aug. 2004 - DCL : Dec. 2005 - POP : Nov. 2006 - Poly : Dec. 2007 - Off Site : Mar. 2009 - Off Site : May 2010 - Off Site : Jan. 2011 - POR : Feb./Mar. 2012 - Off Site
Where we're going: Dec. 2012 - Off Site
Me: DW: DD18: DD9: DD6:
DS3:
apostolic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #2012
piratesmate
Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue thing!
I actually used to be smart...before I had kids & brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolic4life View Post
Ok, who you callin' lady...........this morning when I got up and took a shower I was a dude........I make a few posts to an internet forum and *POOF* I'm a lady.

I can't really comment on the ugly part......because I am.

Oh shoot! Did I actually TYPE that?!?!? I didn't mean to. I knew there were posters of the masculine persuasion who posted on this thread.

Besides, I'm not old enough to stereotype people who cook at home as "ladies"...just because DH wouldn't be caught dead making anything other than coffee or baked potatoes.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #2013
disney54us
SHE'S GONE, OH MY!

Okay Ladies & Gentleman!! Just caught up and have to say. I am on a regular thread that was moved from the welcome board to the CB, so I know it can be scary being moved and if things will change. I am here to say NO, they don't. Goffymamma, I realize you were thrilled with this thread when you found it, but if it was 'okay' with the op to give a recipe that is not made, the same with the pretzels which has been brought up several times in this thread. IMHO, then there is nothing wrong with offering the closest sub.
I think we need to be aware of checking the index so we don't duplicate and if we have a full menu of recipes that has been around for a while, we could post we have these available if anyone is interested. Unless it is on the requested list, if it is from a cookbook that the masses had available ten years ago, we may want to consider posting and using up the '250' pages for threads.
Finally, piratesmate welcome aboard!!!
WE have a mod who not only is in†erested and can share a few of her own, so wouldn't it be nice tha† she is on our thread to share,

I've been unbirthday'd

tiggerfan1

THERE IS A DREAM IN PA MISSING
THERE SHE GOES! WAITING
SPARTANS NEVER DIE

1929-2008
disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 02:34 AM   #2014
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Scalloped Potatoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wezee View Post
I would love to have the recipe for:
The Lemon Citron Slush at the booth in France
The Almond Cheesecake from Narcosee's and
The scallop potatos from Narcosee's ( the ones they serve with the surf and turf)
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyloveNY View Post
Does anyone have the recipe for Narcoossee's scalloped potatoes. I have not been able to find them here.
Thanks

With thanks to the wonderful Chef at Narcoossee's who is inundated with requests.

Scalloped Potatoes
Yields: 12 servings

2-2/3 lbs Idaho potatoes, peeled and chopped
¾ qt Heavy cream
1/3 lb Asiago cheese, grated
1-1/2 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
1-1/16 oz Shallots, diced
½ oz Garlic, minced
7/8 oz Roasted garlic, pureed

1) Mix shallots, garlic and parmesan cheese with heavy cream.
2) Add peeled and sliced potatoes to cream mixture.
3) Pour mixture into greased cake pan and cover with parchment paper and top with aluminum foil.
4) Bake for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
5) Uncover and top with Asiago cheese and brown the top until cheese is melted.

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:37 AM   #2015
piratesmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney54us View Post
<snip>Then I have a few recipes from Chef Dick at the Poly Concierge Tonga Building that he would serve during the 5-7 pm time frame.
2 are when they would have middle eastern night on Sat. These are from quite a few years back I would say more then 5 years ago.

cous cous salad
bean dip
both served w/pita bread
<snip>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatania View Post
I'm always interested in a new pork loin recipe as it's an easy dinner to make. I have the recipe for the Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin from Sonya's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort but not Hilton Head (where we're going in August for a week). <snip>
I don't see these recipes in the index yet. Would you both please be so kind as to post them? Yum!

Last edited by piratesmate; 04-08-2008 at 08:11 AM. Reason: I was asleep earlier. LOL
piratesmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:06 AM   #2016
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

I noticed a request for the flan from the Crystal Palace, but there is a Mango Flan from there listed on page 121. Are these one and the same or are we still looking for the coconut flan?
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 AM   #2017
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

I don't have the Coconut Flan recipes but maybe the person who requested it (or another member) could take a minute to email WDW and ask for it. I think I have my quota of requests in right now, if I'm not careful WDW is going to block my email addy LOL

TheGoofyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #2018
TheGoofyMama
I've been to WDW too many times to count, I've also been a cast member twice *0*

BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Typhoon Tilly's, Typhoon Lagoon

BBQ
48 ounces of BBQ sauce
5 lbs of pulled pork (cooked & shredded)
12 ounces of coke

NO DIRECTIONS, I imagine I'd make it the same as I do my own. Mix, Simmer
and serve.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #2019
TheGoofyMama

Mediterranean Tuna Salad

Leaning Palms,
Typhoon Lagoon

3 ounces tunas salad
2 ounces gourmet salad mix
4 ounces chopped romaine
.5 ounces of black olives
.125 ounces shredded carrots
.5 ounces Greek pepper
.5 ounces red roasted pepper
.5 ounces feta cheese
2 ounces vinaigrette olive dressing

NO ASSEMBLEY INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:10 AM   #2020
piratesmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
I noticed a request for the flan from the Crystal Palace, but there is a Mango Flan from there listed on page 121. Are these one and the same or are we still looking for the coconut flan?
I'm guessing there are actually 2 separate recipes. The Mango Flan on page 121 doesn't contain any coconut - unless I'm still asleep & can't see it. The DIS site, wdwinfo, shows Coconut Flan on the menu. Another site shows Mango Flan on the menu. That site shows the date for the menu as Feb '08, but I didn't see a date on WDWinfo.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #2021
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofyMama View Post
I don't have the Coconut Flan recipes but maybe the person who requested it (or another member) could take a minute to email WDW and ask for it. I think I have my quota of requests in right now, if I'm not careful WDW is going to block my email addy LOL

Thats how I feel.

I have requests out all over I'm afraid I'll be marked a spammer.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:08 AM   #2022
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoofyMama View Post
Leaning Palms,
Typhoon Lagoon

3 ounces tunas salad
2 ounces gourmet salad mix
4 ounces chopped romaine
.5 ounces of black olives
.125 ounces shredded carrots
.5 ounces Greek pepper
.5 ounces red roasted pepper
.5 ounces feta cheese
2 ounces vinaigrette olive dressing

NO ASSEMBLEY INSTRUCTIONS WERE INCLUDED.
I just found out what I'm having for lunch. The only thing I don't have is a Greek pepper, but I have Greek vinaigrette.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #2023
Tatania
Disney Foodie

Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesmate View Post
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - I don't see these recipes in the index yet. Would you both please be so kind as to post them? Yum!
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
from Sonya's at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Serving size: 3

3 two ounce portions of pork tenderloin (trimmed, pounded, and 1inch thick)
3 strips of applewood smoked bacon
3 oz maple syrup
4 oz canola oil
salt and pepper to taste
6 oz beef stock
1/4 tsp. whole grain mustard

1. Wrap each tenderloin with a strip of bacon, trimming excess bacon and skewering each strip with a toothpick
2. Combine syrup and oil, then pour the mixture over the wrapped pork and marinade overnight
3. Salt and pepper marinated pork to taste before cooking on a grill.
4. Boil beef stock and reduce by 1/2 (to 3oz) Add mustard to reduced stock, and pour the mixture over the grilled pork before serving.

From the DVC quarterly Vacation Magic Magazine

First visit to WDW in 1976. Many times since then.

Tatania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #2024
lynninpa

Help yourself! I just made a few new batches!

I first want to say that I had no plan to “jump ship” when it came to this thread. I absolutely loved reading posts and updating the recipe lists! You all know I did it faithfully each day. I was excited when someone posted requesting a recipe that they just had to have and I was even more excited to try and find it for them! Yes, things got quite hectic in my life yet I still looked forward to logging onto the DisBoards Official Disney Recipe Exchange! Then the messages started…

“I posted a requested recipe. Are you going to take it off of the Requested List?!!” (After 2 days-geez, give me a moment to breath)

“Could “we” change the format of the Recipe Index?” “I find your format tedious…”

“I would be happy to take over for you if this is too much for you” **This was mentioned to me repeatedly even when I was updating 3 times a day!

"I have taken the liberty of updating both the index and a request list..." (NOT from a Moderator)

People suddenly claiming to have secret inside sources at a particular restaurant when a new recipe from that dining spot was requested. What a coincidence! And many times it was not the recipe served in the restaurant.

I started the Disney Recipe Exchange in hopes of a fun, light-hearted way for all of us to share recipes from a very special place we all hold close to our hearts. In the mood for making Tonga Toast on a lazy Sunday morning? You came to the right place! Want that special Disney cocktail recipe you had on your honeymoon? Again, you came to the right place.

Do you want to repeatedly bicker and complain about the order the recipes are in or that your recipes were not spotlighted as the Recipe of The Year? Do you get upset and claim that other posters recipes are not "official" because you claim to make three 7-course-Dsieny-meals 5 times a week. No thanks.

Again, I loved every moment I spent updating lists, searching for recipes and just simply sharing time with fellow Disers who shared my love of Disney dining spots!

I hope this continues to be a great thread for my fellow Disers!

Last edited by lynninpa; 04-08-2008 at 10:36 PM.
lynninpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #2025
GabbyMom
I dropped my pager in the toilet and would call it to watch the potty water vibrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynninpa View Post
I started the Disney Recipe Exchange in hopes of a fun, light-hearted way for all of us to share recipes from a very special place we all hold close to our hearts. In the mood for making Tonga Toast on a lazy Sunday morning? You came to the right place! Want that special Disney cocktail recipe you had on your honeymoon? Again, you came to the right place.

Do you want to repeatedly bicker and complain about the order the recipes are in or that your recipes were not spotlighted as the Recipe of The Year? Do you get upset and claim that other posters recipes are not "official" because you claim to make three 7-course-Dsieny-meals 5 times a week. No thanks.

Again, I loved every moment I spent updating lists, searching for recipes and just simply sharing time with fellow Disers who shared my love of Disney dining spots!

I hope this continues to be a great thread for my fellow Disers!
I'm glad your ok . I was hopeing everything was alright .

I'm sorry that the thread got out of hand. I came here for the fun of it, and for how sweetly I was welcomed to the thread.
Thank you

GabbyMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: