Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 PM   #31
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTXTaylors5 View Post
On the WDW site under MK, I went to each description of each Attraction for MK and found the disclaimer at the bottom of the ride description. Does that make sense? I can get wordy at time.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...=MKLandingPage
Wow - found it thank you very much. That goes against everything I have been told over the past few years. I wish I would have read this prior to our TOT disaster!

TJ
Old 09-06-2007, 09:00 PM   #32
tjmw2727
Enjoys "mom and me" trips
May just have to dance!

Quote:
I was sad and then outraged to hear that people were selling Rider Swap tickets online. The people that got the Rider Swap passes and then tried to sell them online must have children. Otherwise, how did they get the passes? Shame on them! Maybe WDW should date them like they do the Fast Passes? There could be a separate machine near the ride entrance or even a handheld printer that the CM could operate to distribute the Rider Swap passes. Then again, that would bring to the attention of the novices that there is such a thing as Rider Swap. Right now it is our little secret!
Actually the rider swap passes are dated. We found that some rides, for example EE and TT had exp dates 2-3 days from the date of issue but Soarin was good that day only.

In fact we inadvertantly tried to use a Soarin RS pass on another day not realizing it had the same day expiration date. We never used it on our first visit and only the second party wanted a chance to ride so we thought we would use that one instead of getting another. CM pointed out the expiration date and was very nice about it but would not accept it late.

Wonder what happens when people purchase the expired RS passes and are denied?

TJ
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2007, 05:46 PM   #33
TheTXTaylors5
He's the Mickey to my Minnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
Wow - found it thank you very much. That goes against everything I have been told over the past few years. I wish I would have read this prior to our TOT disaster!

TJ
Sorry you had problems with ToT. We used Rider Switch last time on ToT without any problems. The only place we had a problem was at Soarin' (Epcot). You are not allowed to bring your stroller in the building. So, DH and the older kids went ahead of me to get in the stand-by line while I got DS1 out of his stroller. When I got to the entrance and asked for a Rider Swap ticket, the CM would not give me one because our party was not all together (DH and the other kids were already in line). I totally understood, but she was pretty rude about it. The CM in the Fast Pass line asked what my problem was and gave me a Rider Swap ticket in front of the other CM without blinking an eye. I just know for next time, have everyone in your party at the entrance when getting the Rider Swap ticket or you may be denied. - Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

TheTXTaylors5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 05:58 PM   #34
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmw2727 View Post
Actually the rider swap passes are dated. We found that some rides, for example EE and TT had exp dates 2-3 days from the date of issue but Soarin was good that day only.

In fact we inadvertantly tried to use a Soarin RS pass on another day not realizing it had the same day expiration date. We never used it on our first visit and only the second party wanted a chance to ride so we thought we would use that one instead of getting another. CM pointed out the expiration date and was very nice about it but would not accept it late.

Wonder what happens when people purchase the expired RS passes and are denied?

TJ
Honestly, I never looked to see if they were dated or not because we used them that same day. Makes me curious to look next time. It wouldn't bother us one bit if they were dated. I hope people don't abuse the system too much that they do away with the Rider Swap tickets. Our DS7 and DD4 enjoyed getting to ride with both Mom and Dad, even if it was at different times. - Jennifer
2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR Trip Report ,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH (DLR) Trip Report, POR Trip Report , SSR Trip Report, BWV Trip Report , POFQ ~ DAP; 2010:BWV(2xs), ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) Trip Report ~ Napa Rose Review, AKV ~ DCL(Wonder) Trip Report; 2011:BCV(2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ F&W, MNSSHP, MVMCP, 1st 5K Race! ~ DCL(Dream);2012: AKV, BWV, BLT ~ F&W, MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy) ~ CC5K;2013: 04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ EEC & F&G, 10/Pop ~ F&W, 12/DLH (DLR), 12/PPH (DLR); 2014: 06/DCL ~ Wonder (Alaska), 11/DLR ~ Avengers 1/2 Marathon Weekend (1st 1/2 Marathon!), 11/AKV ~ Annual Thanksgiving Trip; 2015: 01/DLR ~ Star Wars 1/2 Marathon Weekend (5K & 1/2 Marathon), 04/POR (Spring Break), 11/BCV ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon, 12/AKV & DCL (Magic) ~ Christmas Trip; 2016: 07/DCL (Magic ~ Med) & Disneyland Paris (20th Anniversary Trip)

Last edited by TheTXTaylors5; 09-07-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #35
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Litebeer View Post
Since that's the case, I should revise my original post. In a case like this, guests should, in fact, ask the CM at the attraction what the procedure for a Rider Swap is. If the CM claims that Rider Swap is not available at the attraction, the guest should politely ask to speak to that CM's supervisor, and ask them.

You have my sincere apologies for any confusion this may have caused.
You see, CMs CAN be wrong - and they sometimes even admit it

Just teasing, Buzz...it's great to have you here helping out.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:22 AM   #36
Buzz Litebeer
Not a Flying Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
You see, CMs CAN be wrong - and they sometimes even admit it

Just teasing, Buzz...it's great to have you here helping out.
Oh, I'm often wrong (see my disclaimer, below)... and when I am, I'll cheerfully admit it.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice and should not, if ever, be taken seriously by anyone.
Buzz Litebeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #37
TheTXTaylors5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz Litebeer View Post
Oh, I'm often wrong (see my disclaimer, below)... and when I am, I'll cheerfully admit it.
You seem to have the "Disney spirit". I wish more CMs were like you. We encounterd many CMs on our last WDW trip that obviously wished they were somewhere else. I know people are human, but being personable is part of the job. Especially, when we are being nice and friendly and our kids are very friendly too. We'll be back to WDW. So, it hasn't soured us too much. But, there was an obvious difference in our 2004 and 2006 trip. Hopefully, this winter will be better. - Jennifer

Old 09-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Last Oct. we were in line for ToT with my cousin, c in law and little cousins
(ages 8 & 7). The older one chickened out right before we got on the ride. Not really caring if I rode it, I took him through the chicken exit and waited for the rest of the family. Family got off ride and 7 yr old told her brother that it was a baby ride and nothing to be afraid of. We asked the CM if the
8 yr old and his dad could go back up the exit to the ride and there wasn't a problem with that. They rode it and the 8 yr old loved it.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:01 PM   #39
ahowanitz
Mouseketeer

I'm glad that you got an answer from Disney, Boomhauer. I think you were completely entitled to write a letter to them for an answer! Good for you!

ahowanitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:07 PM   #40
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer View Post
Anyways, he went on to say, the rider switch policy is NOT only in effect for rides/attractions with height restrictions. It can be used for ANY ride/attraction.

This may be what he said, but the last time we were there, DH asked about rider switch at a ride with no height restriction, I think itwas Pooh (the little one in our party was asleep in the stroller) and the greeter CM looked at him like he was from Mars. He had no clue what a baby swap pass was. So while those in charge may say that's the policy, CM's often aren't all that informed. I've encountered others at other rides who where quite clueless too. I try to be polite, but it's disturbing that I'm sometimes far more informed than the CM's.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 PM   #41
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

This good to know, thanks. I have let my DH run ahead and get baby swap pass while I rent the stroller. I guess we have to wait unitl all of us are together at the line. If it cuts down on people being dishonest then it's worth it. Also I know DD doesn't want to ride some of the scarier rides like TOT so I can still get a baby swap for her even though she is 46 inches.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:18 PM   #42
amyhughes

Is a Lavender Blue Dilly Dilly...
Knows a plethora of dilly dilly data

Unfortunately leave it to a few bad apples!

I wish they didn't have to see the kids b/c my eldest won't even approach ToT or Expedition Everest. He has an aversion to screaming people or loud noises! Even the toilets in the parks make him jump!

Ah well we'll ust wait until both the boys are old enough to brave the headliners! Thanks for the info!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #43
JESW
We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, and 10, yes, 10 birds - 2 cockatiels and 8 parakeets, but still no partridge in a pear tree
It just craps me up!

I do think that Disney listens and I do believe they read the various message boards. When we bought into DVC in August I was talking to some of the folks and when I mentioned I frequent one of the Disney message boards one of them said to me - "Oh, you mean the DIS board?"

Jill

Still thinking about plans for 2015....
JESW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:29 PM   #44
fumipappa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thank you boomhauer for the update. The WDW site also states the following for some of the "non-height" restriction rides:

"Guests with young children may take turns experiencing attractions. See a Cast Member for additional information."

Valid for:
It's A Small World
Peter Pan's Flight
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mad Tea Party
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Cinderella's Golden Carousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephants
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Snow White's Scary Adventure
Jungle Cruise
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Walt Disney World Railroad

So, it is documented that you can do a Rider Switch on the non-height restriction rides too. Sorry if you had a bad experience. I am sure next time will be better!

since 2001, I've visited WDW 4 times, but strange and funny thing is that we always asked baby swap for all ride and never denied including non height restriction rides. So I was wondering why Disers are discussing the issue.
Maybe we were always visiting WDW during value season, (once in Oct, once in beginning of Dec, twice in Jan) CM might be more relaxed? Or is it possible that CMs during busy season are hired as temp because of busy season so not well trained?
fumipappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #45
ms*mountaineer
DIS Veteran

OK - I need some clarification. I thought Fast Passes were something you get at a kiosk at the park to give you a time to come back to a particular attraction - like Space Mountain. How in the world are those being sold on ebay? What am I missing?
ms*mountaineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: