Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2007, 08:38 AM   #46
MB MinnieGirl
Elmo killer/Muppet murderer
Anything goes with a good steak
Send them my way!
I've paid my debt to the muppets

I am SO sorry!

I know....I should be fired from writing my TR. I've thought I could get to it everyday this week, but I have been sick all week long so once I get home, I've been going to bed. Now we have to go out of town this weekend (just what I want to do now ) for a family reunion this weekend.

Unless something terrible happens I will hopefully be back to normal and get back to it MOnday or Monday evening. I am so sorry!

Hope you all had a good week and have a GREAT weekend!!!

Kelly

May 2004 - First trip to WDW & 1st cruise on Disney Wonder
August 2006 - Mother/Daughter cruise on the Wonder!
August 2007 - 2nd Mother/Daughter cruise on the Wonder!
September 2008 - First Mother/Daughter trip to WDW!
MB MinnieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:50 AM   #47
MB MinnieGirl
Elmo killer/Muppet murderer
Anything goes with a good steak
Send them my way!
I've paid my debt to the muppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by crissichef View Post
I think that is so nice that it is just the two of you.......what fun it must be ! I have one question for you - I noticed you said you left your luggage outside the night before while staying at the hyatt. Do they handle the luggage from there to the ship? We were thinking about staying there next September and I was just wondering how that goes...........

Thanks and I can't wait to hear more !

I'm so sorry I haven't been on this week since I was sick. Yes! We actually left the luggage out that morning (prior to 9am) and they come and pick them up and the next time you see them, they are in your stateroom. IF You need addtional tags you can get them on Level One Side B at the Disney Transfer station no problem. THis is the 2nd year we did so. We just left all the bags and kept one that I knew I wanted for a bit that morning but would not need on the ship so we take it on the bus, then once we get off the bus hand it to the gentleman at the baggage and they take it from there to your room. Perfect, easy, no problems. I will say they were a bit.....ummm...rough on the luggage this year with 2 pieces being dented, and 3 out of 4 luggage tags (my own, not DCL) which were the buckle type were missing when the bags arrived. All in all it is GREAT process and just one more step that elinate the stress. I HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt - they are fantastic!

teach22180 Hi!! It is hard to believe that was over a year ago now isn't it! Time passes so quickly sometimes it seems. I TOTALLY understand your comment about how somethings weren't as special or cool and that each new trip brings it's own form of magic with it. We noticed LOTS of differences in the cruise this year and I promise to tell about all of them in my TR that I'll be back to work on Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and another cruise.

Caitsmama I remember when we talked last year. You are going to have a magical experience with your DD that you will never forget. IMHO, this is the BEST vacation to do alone with your kids as it is so low stress for everyone and you can still have your time apart with the clubs if needed. It's also great because how often do you get to be the "good guy" and say yes to so much....room service, extra desserts, and all the goodies that come with the cruise itself.

You are going to have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!! Thank you SO much for your sweet words. Maddie truly is the light in my life. I am very proud of her. I'm sure you know that feeling well.

Kelly

May 2004 - First trip to WDW & 1st cruise on Disney Wonder
August 2006 - Mother/Daughter cruise on the Wonder!
August 2007 - 2nd Mother/Daughter cruise on the Wonder!
September 2008 - First Mother/Daughter trip to WDW!
MB MinnieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2007, 09:56 AM   #48
Caitsmama
Closet Hannah Montana Fan!
am planning on getting at least one more

Kelly,
take your time, and get better... And have a great family reunion and take lots of pics!! (We did that last year.. LOL) We will all be here patiently waiting for the next installment!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:01 AM   #49
DisneyDadFaNaTic
How Do I Buy a House on Main Street?

I'm in! Can't wait for more!

In Memory of Baby and Buddy!

Pre-Trip for June 2008 Land/Sea Vacation http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1619524
DisneyDadFaNaTic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 AM   #50
2angelsinheaven
Loves making dreams come true!

Kelly I hope you feel better soon. Warm Wishes from Florida coming your way. Can't wait to hear more. Look for my TR to start next Friday. =o)
Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #51
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Kelly, thanks for getting back to us. Yes, take your time and I hope you get better. Have a very nice weekend.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #52
bellebud
DIS Veteran

WOW! is all i can say about your tr! This is my first time reading cruise tr's, and i have tears streaming down my face (whenever you cried in your tr, I cried too... i'm a huge sap and my dh and 2 kids are always laughing at me). Everytime we go to disney, I cry during the trip at least a few times (pretty much every parade, fireworks show, anytime the kids get acknowledged by a character, etc, etc). My dd is 7 and ds is 6, so i can imagine myself w/ them through your tr. You're doing a great job writing it and i can't wait to read more! Your dd is just beautiful and so sweet! you're doing a wonderful job w/ her! i've never cruised before w/ the kids, and we're considering it, so i'm starting to read tr's, and yours is making me very excited!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #53
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran

Lovin your report, went back and read trip1 because I couldn't wait for your next installment. My Dh and I are taking my 8yr old DS on our first cruise in NOV for 3nite. I've waited 3 years to do this cruise - DH kept wanting to other vacations. Every day my son mentions the cruise, who will see, what will do, etc. Seeing through kids' eyes gives you a whole new perspective. Borrowing your "surprises"idea. His favorite character is Stich other than Mickey so not sure how I'll Work that in. Please post soon -your report makes the days till my trip go by faster.
Ps feel better -no more sick Kelly allowed. you know the rules moms are not allowed to be sick ever
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #54
disneydance
DIS Veteran

Hope you get feeling better soon!!!!!!

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
disneydance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #55
debster
Mouseketeer

Great Report! Can't wait to hear more.
debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 AM   #56
debster
Mouseketeer

trying to wait patiently
debster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 AM   #57
bawsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by debster View Post
trying to wait patiently
me too!!!

the last TR was SO wonderful... i can't wait for more of this one!!

bawsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 AM   #58
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Great trip report so far. And what cute pics!! You have a beautiful daughter!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:31 PM   #59
lvstitch
Yankees Rule

Loving your report. What an amazing trip so far and you haven't even left Florida yet. Can't wait for more.

1986-1993 Four trips - off property, 1994 - Grand Floridian (Married in Disney World), 1995 - Polynesian, 2000 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 2004 - Wilderness Lodge (Concierge), 2005 - Pop Century/Disney Wonder/Grand Floridian(Concierge), 2007 - 1st Nanahead Cruise - Disney Magic 2008 - Disney Magic - Mex Riv , 2008 - Disney Magic - Western, 2009 - Port Oleans Riverside, 2011 - First ever 2-night cruise on the Wonder 2011 - Pop/B2B Disney Dream 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside - Royal Room
30+ Trips to Disneyland since 2002
lvstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:12 PM   #60
aiken4mickey
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more.....
aiken4mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: