Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #211
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me
i cannot wear anything between my toes

ok ...now i understand....and totally totally totally totally understand what you were feeling...
we've also lived out of the US for 17 years now.....
and i have to admit that when we come for visits, i get very scared on occasions such as this....so i completely know where you're coming from...
very very very veyr very very very very scary....very....very very...

we've actually witnessed a few of those gorilla type incidents at WDW....thank god, we weren't personally involved, but we saw them and it was enough to seriously upset us....as you said, because we no longer live in the states, we tend to forget....

DD came back home from japan yesterday (she decided to skip thailand this year) and she was showing us her pictures and videos from japan.....she kept saying how incredibly safe japan is....and how very secure they felt wherever they were.....

in any case, i'm so sorry you and your wife were on the receiving end of this....that is so upsetting....
Old 10-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #212
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

oops - double post...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #213
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Oh my gosh! Can't believe that happened. What is wrong with people!
Believe me we couldn't believe it when it happened either

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjstevens View Post
I cannot believe some people!!!! That was so rude and to be in the most magical place. I am sorry your family was subject to such ignorant individuals. I hope this did not ruin the rest of your trip (and look forward to reading more).
It definitely didn't ruin the rest of our trip. We had the best time ever on the cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktire View Post
After being threatened twice, the CM doing nothing is unacceptable....so sorry this type of thing happened to your family.
I was surprised that the CM did nothing also, but think she was intimidated by the Gorilla ( I mean guy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic family View Post
ok ...now i understand....and totally totally totally totally understand what you were feeling...
we've also lived out of the US for 17 years now.....
and i have to admit that when we come for visits, i get very scared on occasions such as this....so i completely know where you're coming from...
very very very veyr very very very very scary....very....very very...

we've actually witnessed a few of those gorilla type incidents at WDW....thank god, we weren't personally involved, but we saw them and it was enough to seriously upset us....as you said, because we no longer live in the states, we tend to forget....

DD came back home from japan yesterday (she decided to skip thailand this year) and she was showing us her pictures and videos from japan.....she kept saying how incredibly safe japan is....and how very secure they felt wherever they were.....

in any case, i'm so sorry you and your wife were on the receiving end of this....that is so upsetting....
I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your daughter's trip. Japan is safe and the people are so helpful and friendly

Join THE DIS DAD'S CLUB Here![/QUOTE]
Old 10-03-2007, 11:17 AM   #214
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of your daughter's trip. Japan is safe and the people are so helpful and friendly
some amazingly beautiful places..
she went on a raft in a river near kyoto that was sooooooooooo beautiful....
and the waterfall in niko and just everywhere......so beautiful...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #215
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

So sorry you and your family had to deal with gorilla man. How rude! Quite an example he's setting for his children!
Old 10-03-2007, 08:55 PM   #216
TNVolnteer
Earning My Ears

Gorilla in America

I am pretty much a lurker who loves reading the TRs; however, when I read the entry of the incredibly rude dude at Nemo, I had to post. It makes me very sad that such behavior happens here in the US and it makes it even more appalling that it occurred to international visitors who were here to have a good time. I hope you, your wife and daughters were okay and got back the magic of their vacation. I'm very sorry that this happened to your family!

LH...leaving for Disney in 15 days
Old 10-03-2007, 08:59 PM   #217
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

That's so horrible! Some people are so clueless, drives me nutts! And I hope the gorrilla on the buss isn't the same jerk!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #218
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

replys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkluvsmickey View Post
So sorry you and your family had to deal with gorilla man. How rude! Quite an example he's setting for his children!
Yes I was shocked when the second threat came from a kid about the same age as DDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolnteer View Post
I am pretty much a lurker who loves reading the TRs; however, when I read the entry of the incredibly rude dude at Nemo, I had to post. It makes me very sad that such behavior happens here in the US and it makes it even more appalling that it occurred to international visitors who were here to have a good time. I hope you, your wife and daughters were okay and got back the magic of their vacation. I'm very sorry that this happened to your family!
My wife and I talked about it with the girls and we all know that 95% of Americans are nice and not like that. It didn't ruin the vacation at all, but we have canceled the park part of our visit for next year based on the two incidents. We are opting for a longer cruise instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
That's so horrible! Some people are so clueless, drives me nutts! And I hope the gorrilla on the buss isn't the same jerk!
Unfortunately the Bus Gorilla was the same Gorilla and his Gorilla posse I'll tell you all about that soon.

Old 10-03-2007, 10:09 PM   #219
disneydance
DIS Veteran

As always great job on this TR Cant wait for more

Past Trips
~ 1998 Disneyland ~ 2002 Disneyland(Embassy Suites Anaheim South) ~ 2007 Disneyworld(Animal Kingdom Lodge) ~ 2009 Disneyland(Comfort Inn & Suites) ~
Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 AM   #220
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyodisneydad View Post

Unfortunately the Bus Gorilla was the same Gorilla and his Gorilla posse I'll tell you all about that soon.
oh no......that's like a worst nightmare scenario..

there have been a few times that i was very nervous about boarding the monorail....since you're kind of locked into the car with whoever....

i understand about cancelling the park part of the trip, given that you have such a wonderful park right in your backyard....but still that's very sad....
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM   #221
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

Leaving AK

The parks part of my TR is almost over now. After leaving Nemo at a fast pace we turned right, hoping we were headed in the opposite direction of where Gorilla guy would go after the show finished. Passing Expedition Everest we see there is no wait. I don't know why? So off to EE one more time before we leave for the day.
Expedition Everest is a must ride!!

We then head out of the parks as they were starting to close things down. We stop by the photo shop and ask if we can use the coupons we were given yesterday to get a picture of us in the parade. The CMs here were SUPER!! They said yes even though the coupons were marked as only valid in the Magic Kingdom.

Then we go to the Animal Kingdom Lodge bus stop to go to DTD and Planet Hollywood for dinner. The whole time I'm walking I'm looking over my shoulder for escaping gorillas. Just as I get on the bus I see Gorilla guy get in line behind us. Well nothing happened on the bus. We were like two Silverback Gorillas staring each other down. He would lean over to his wife and say something about us in Spanish. I would lean over to DDM and say something in Japanese about him. Something with the word Kuso and Baka. We will leave it at that.

Arriving at Animal Kingdom lodge we see the Gorilla Guy and posse line up for DTD. I decide to wait for the next bus. I had enough tension already. As we are sitting there the skys open up with one of those famous Florida afternoon showers. I calm down and DDJ, DDA and DDM talk about how wonderful a day it was.

Kiyomi gives me a look of happiness and love. I knew then the tough love I had shown DDJ and DDA was worth it. Later I found out that DDA had taken a picture at that moment.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #222
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Glad that there was no further confrontation with the gorillas.

I love that you called him a baka! That is one of the few japanese words I know.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #223
tokyodisneydad
DIS Veteran

DTD, Planet Hollywood and Shopping

Last time we were at WDW we ate at Planet Hollywood. Last time was a weekday. This was a Saturday night. Before the trip I had made plans to meet for the first time a friend that I met on the internet through pin trading. I didn't know that it was going to take an hour to get a seat and then another hour to get our food Junna had ordered Steak last time and guess what she did again this time. By the time it arrived though she was cold and falling asleep in her plate. I do recommend PH just not on a WEEKEND night

Well still waiting for our food I had called my friend and apologized for making her wait. I felt really bad, especially since it was our first time meeting.
She was REALLY understanding and said her and her husband were outside Planet Hollywood. So I went out and met them. They came back in and our food was just arriving. We ate a little ,but by then everyone was so tired we decided to take it with us.

Now Cristy my new friend drove us to a supermarket. on the way I must have apologized a 100 times for making them wait and said thank you a hundred times also. I realize now I might have overdone it a bit, but hey that's my personality.

We arrive at the Supermarket and the daughters are no longer tired. They run around taking photos and filling up the cart. They are amazed at the variety and choices. Japan is limited in choice.

Any way it was a great time. Thank you SO much Cristy. OOPs I did it again.

Next we wake up and say goodbye to the POP and WDW

Old 10-04-2007, 08:30 PM   #224
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Alright it is cruise time!
Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 AM   #225
disneyholic family
Wayne always catches me

yeah, cruise time is a coming....woo hoo...can't wait to read the report.....

(i would have waited for the next bus too - my family reminded me that we actually got off a monorail when some scary people boarded.....we waited for the next train.....it's worth the extra few minutes....
given where we live, most people would think we feel more secure when visiting the US, but that is TOTALLY wrong...
in terms of personal safety, where we live is soooooooooo much safer than the US.....kids can go off on their own including late into the night and you don't have to worry about personal safety sorts of issues.....
very different from the states....and because of that difference, i think we get extra nervous when we're in the states, because it's such a shock to our systems....)

but enough of that .....on to the cruise....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: