Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 07:03 AM   #136
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
I only rode past the POR in the buses, but I think the AB section is more my to my liking that the FQ look. The mansions look ok, but if I ever had to do a moderate again, I would try POR AB section.
I think the main word here is "if", am I correct? I do have to say, from a girl who was spoiled with a deluxe, that POR AB was very nice as far as outdoors themeing goes. The beds and rooms are bit hokey tho. Still, it was the best of the mods that we stayed in.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #137
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyolic View Post
I think the main word here is "if", am I correct? I do have to say, from a girl who was spoiled with a deluxe, that POR AB was very nice as far as outdoors themeing goes. The beds and rooms are bit hokey tho. Still, it was the best of the mods that we stayed in.
Ditto. We LOVED AB last Dec.! But the mansions, not so much. ANd that's the problem - there's no guarantee where' they'll stick you.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #138
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Continued -

SORRY! I TRIED TO GET THIS ALL UP LAST NIGHT, BUT THE DIS WENT DOWN SO I HAD TO COPY IT TO WORD AS IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO CATCH UP AND REPLY! THANKS GUYS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkB8HooHaHa View Post
TRACY!
I have been reading in spurts over the weekend and finally got myself to page 6. I am so bummed for you that you didn't like POFQ. We're too big a family to stay there, but we've been to POR. FQ looks nice from the boat, but I can't WAIT to hear about the mousekeeping test. I have cleanliness issues, and if it's gross, I might need a warning up front.
Hi Kate! That's it! I wouldn't have minded the place if it was clean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
GEEZ...what a first day!!! You totally have me hooked! I love your writing style! Sorry to hear about POFQ......we have yet to stay there....not sure if we want to now....Can't wait to hear if you upgraded!
Hi and I hope this new trip report can provide you with lots of and lots of ! Thanks for reading along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post
Will you forgive me for not quoting as I'd like to? I'm exhausted, but just had to get in on your TR before bed!
Of course, my friend!
Quote:
Tracy? You have the patience of a saint. For real. Like. Totally. I do NOT know how you do it.
It wasn't easy and alot of the time I had to scrap "The Plan". It was a fun experience, but I'll never do it again!
Quote:
POFQ....... not a fan either. POR's lost me, too. And. Once you go Poly, you never want to go back. I get it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Ok just read your report and it is great. Nice pics also. Looking forward to the rest.
Hi Scott! Welcome and thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina90744 View Post
So you really werent that impressed with POFQ? I have been thinking about changing our ressie to one of the PO, but not really sure if it is worth the extra money.
Sabrina, if you comfy with your resort, say there. You'll only be paying for a pool slide. Period.
Quote:

I feel bad that you did not like POFQ at all. I have never been there. I did like POR. The surroundings and all were very beautiful and I would call it a resort. However, I can totally sympathize with you about it not being a deluxe resort. After we stayed at the Yacht Club, we found ourselves comparing things all the time. While we really liked POR, I know we will probably be going deluxe next time....
Deluxe all the way baby. I found the Poly just way too convenient, KWIM? The monorail access was worth its weight in gold! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sMainMami View Post
I am llllooooovving your TR so far! I read your last one, and it was hilarious! Keep up the great work!
Hey there! thanks for reading along! I really hope you like this one too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
The boys first day of kg went well today, so best of luck to Maddie. Happy Birthday to Andy, and good luck with the flu.
Thanks, CE! Poor Andy had a sucky birthday, so we'll have to celebrate when he's better!
Quote:
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="3"]Oh Tracy...take care of yourself. As much as we want an update...and a funny Waldo story...we can definitely wait for you to get better! It's not like anyone is going to run amuck on your thread or pimp out their own TRs here ( tonight on my TR everyone!)
Leave to you, DM! Got nothing but love for ya, girl!

Quote:

Feel better!!!!!
Thanks, Kate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Tracy, I hope that you and you family feel well soon.And Happy Birthday wishes go to Andy!
Thanks daisy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGiJoeysMom View Post
At least I hope, since this is just the beginning of the report, he did make it back, or could he still be in DISNEY. I guess we will have to wait.
Hi Kim! We tried to convince him to retire to Florida and work as WDW Security. He didn't bite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
HOpe you feel better. V started her report so we have the 4 trippies to enjoy now.
Whew! The pressure has been equally distributed now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Yeah, I won't pimp out an upcoming installment on mine either that will be up later tonight. Never would do that do a friend while they are down.
I wouldn't expect anything less, Mo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessjv View Post
Get better soon! You know we will all be here. Drink a lot of fluids and rest, rest, rest!
Thanks, Jen! It's been a rough week and we're still only about 50% better. Poor Andy's got it the worse.
Quote:
I hope Maddie has a great 1st day! We are really excited to be starting Kindergarten, over here. Where in the world has time gone?
Oh isnt' it exciting? I hope Diz has a great start in kinder!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:29 AM   #139
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysmom5150 View Post
On no T, I hope you all are feeling better soon. I wish I could bring ya over a big pot of chicken soup
Thanks, T!
Quote:
Good luck to Maddie on her 1st day , what happened with her school?Did you get the one you wanted??I cant remember sorry.
I haven't said yet, it's part of the trip report. It's on day 3 which should be up in say sometime in October?
Quote:
DS5 starts kinder on thursday,I am so nervous.
OMG, T! I tried to be so cool, but I just lost it. Now she's done the preschool set, so I thought it wouldn't be any different. Wrong-o! Kinder is the first step to really growing up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydad99 View Post
I'n On Board!!!!...& I have a Lot to catch up on!!!
Hi DD! Thanks for joining the gang!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurrrvtheDuck View Post
T, hope you and your family get better soon! And that Maddie has a good first day of school.
Will wait patiently to here another Waldoism and some updates.
We're getting there, Z. And another installment is in the works. SHould be up tonight! :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofyluver View Post
Feel better soon chica!
Thanks G!
Quote:
Aren't pineapples high in vitamin C? Just sayin'
[insert barf smilie]
Quote:
Hang in there T! And a very Happy Birthday to Andy Give Maddie a Starting-Kindergarten-Hug for me
Thanks V!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauralee131 View Post
Hmmm...I think I read that little tidbit about pineapples somewhere...
1 shot of Meyers' Dark Rum
1 shot of Bacardi 151
1 shot of sour mix
pineapple juice...
I think that's it...OH...add friends, laughter and stir.... [/quote]
I'll have to take a raincheck on the shots, but could use friends, laughter and a
Thanks, LL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Good luck to Maddie at school, hope you like it loads after what you went through to get it!
Don't be givin' stuff away, Jo!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Subbing! I'm a little late to the party but not too late to catch up.... Hope you are all feeling better soon!
Hi Kat! Better late than never!
Quote:
Hope you all are doing better today. Did Maddie make it to school?How was her 1st day?
Maddie's first day was great. She was a little nervous and let out some deep sighs as we drove over to the school. Poor little thing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygrl36 View Post
for you Tracy & your sickie poo family.
Hope today has been a better day. Rest & feel better soon.
Thanks, Mel. We're doing better every day, thankfully!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1111 View Post
Oh, Tracy, she looks so cute (as do you!)
I cried today when I put my babies on the big yellow bus - yesterday wasn't bad since I was there, but today...
Thanks, CE! Awww!!! Isn't kinder the toughest milestone for mommies to get over? Here's a . How was their first day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Maddie looked darling on her first day of school. You must have been a wreck. I'm not a parent so I have no personal experience but I know that my mom was a mess the day my dad took me to my first year of university.
Thanks Lessa! Oh my! I can't even begin to imagine what I wreck I'll be when she goes off to school.
Quote:
Maddie looks adorable. My boys start school tomorrow but I've already been through the "firsts" with them. Brookie goes to meet her teacher tomorrow for preschool so that will be a little something for me.

Awwww!! Brooke's going to preschool? How many days and for how long? I debated putting Evan in this year. He's such a momma's boy it would be absolute agony!
Quote:
The front of your home is very pretty. And you are still in it after all these years. Sounds like me. I'm right next door to my parents home...
Yeah, well I did take a 10 year hiatus!
Quote:
Also, tell Waldo I read your correction. Kudos for him giving more than the included tip!!!!
Yes, Waldo prides himself on his tipping skillz. Hiya Waldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
Maddie looks adorable! She looked very excited to be going to school on Evan being mad. Ramind him of that when he is 13 and is telling you "Moooooom, I don't wanna go"
NO kidding, Janet! He was seriously mad at me. He went to his room and pouted until I returned.
Quote:
Hey T
Hope you are feeling a bit better.
Let me say... OMG how cute is Maddie!!!So adorable!!!! and Evan too of course. That smile she has is something else. Glad her 1st day went well, Im sure it will be a great years of 1sts.
thanks T! SHe doesn't like the pic I took of her because she says she looks cross eyed!
Quote:
My DS5 starts tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me, he just told us he was going to skip kinder and I can teach him "whatever". Nice, eh??
Thank Waldo for straightening the out the story. Does he want to do a TR from his point of view???
Good luck to your son! How was his first day?
I doubt Waldo could do a trip report. He barely remembers half the stuff I'm writing about. I get alot of "Oh yeah"'s from him when he's reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
AWWW, Maddie is so cute. I remember when my DD, now 11, started first grade. I waited with a friend of mine for the bus to pick up our kiddos at the before/after school care place they went to. The lady who did the breakfast/lunch program mad fun of us when the kids got on the bus. We were boohooing as the bus took off, and the lady(who's sweet) says to us, "if you're going to follow the bus, it went that-a-way."
Thanks PaMom! That's hilarious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaMom001 View Post
My DNephews and DNiece start school today. My DNiece is starting kindergarden, I feel bad for that teacher.
OMG!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #140
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Oh Tracy! She looks so sweet and excited to start school. Did it go okay for her? Today is the test, right? If she liked it okay, she'll want to go again. If it was so-so, she'll want to stay home.
Thanks Kate. SHe liked it okay, but this morning we had a few tears. She says she misses me when she's at school. I had to offer an "incentive" this morning to get her to stop crying. I know, it's only day 2.
Quote:
When is Waldo going to get his own screen name?
Funny you should say that, we were working on that yesterday. I want him to be "TheRealWaldo" or "ImWaldo" or "HeresWaldo" but we can't agree with a usename. So well see.
Quote:
Maddie looks adorable!! So you cried too?? I bawled like a baby and I swear my uterus ached when I left him at kindergarten on that first day
Dude! What's up with that? At least I wasn't the only crazy mother crying her mascara off her face!
Quote:
Give Maddie a hug for me and tell her I hope she has a wonderful time in Kindergarten and that Michael said to tell her she's going to have a lot of fun!!
Awww... how sweet! I have to tell you there's this little blond boy in her class who wears glasses and first glance she says "He looks like little Michael!" Just FYI - big Michael is my brothers son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Maddie looks so pretty! That must have been so hard letting your little girl go off to school for the first time. I am dreading it already....I still have 2 more years, though. Oh and little Evan with his backpack----toooo cute! Thanks for sharing!
Actually, this is her 3rd year of school without me- 2 years of preschool and now kinder. But this one was the hardest!
OMG! Evan and that lunch box! He had to have that thing last year. He hasn't even been to school but he's got that lunch box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
I hope she had a FUN day at school!
When my son Matt went to school on his first day my daughter Alison was the same way! Took her backpack made herself comfortable at one of the tables and had me take her picture too! Then when we had to leave well.... needless to say she didn't leave quietly!
Awww!!! How cute!:cute:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
She's looking a little nervous! I bet she did great!
Now that she's in school I hate to say but the years go by so fast! Enjoy each and every moment of their schooling!
Bingo! She was nervous. She only knew 1 girl and they aren't in the same class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaklackus View Post
Thank you for being a Disney obsessed trip reporting OCD freak...after reading your 1st trip report and your pre-trip(133 pages...OMG! ) I realized that I haven't grown tired of Disney since moving to FL.....I miss the planning and the folder, the charts and the checklists. While it's nice to spend the day somewhere in the world on a whim......I miss the preparations that go along with a long distance trip for multiple days. I can't wait to read more..get better soon and start typing...lol.
OMG! You read the pre-trip report? You deserve a medal my friend! Or a lapu!

Quote:
What a cuti-patootie! Maddie looks so excited - how was the first day? Are you guys starting to recover?
The first day went well. The second day.... ehhh... it was ok. We're slowly trying to recover. I think we're halfway there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Awwww T Maddie looks absolutely beautiful and I love the photo of you too.So did she have fun? Did she talk about her English cousins?
She talks about her English cousins all the time. Poor child. Today was the 4th time I had to explain that the girls & Leo & Michael would not be able to attend her birthday party. Not unless I won the lottery.

Quote:
Awww...she looks so sweet. Did she love the 1st day of school? How about the 2nd? Is she going all day or 1/2 day? Did you get her into the one you wanted?
First day=:
Second day=
Third day= We'll see.
She only goes from 11:25-2:45, which is a half day. And we got the PM class, which sucks. But I had to grab what I could, if you KWIM.

Quote:
Man I hope you feel better soon! Maddie looks to cute, I remember bawling my eyes out on my kidos first day. So Waldo is reading along, how cool is that..
Hi Sabrina- we're getting there. Hoping to be well soon!

Quote:
Hi Waldo!!
See Waldo? You have fans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorul82? View Post
Hey, thanks for the shout out!
Hey S'late! You back yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LurrrvtheDuck View Post
Awww Maddie looks so cute her first day! I hope it went well.
Love Evan in his Team Focker shirt.
The TFW shirts didn't survive the wash, so they've been turned into PJ's and play clothes.
Quote:
AWWW, look at that cutie, just as cute as her mom!!!
Awww... thanks Mo.
Quote:
So,Waldo, I understand you are lurking here. I just want you to know I am your biggest fan. I think it would be great for you to do a trip report from your point of view. I think it would be very insightful.
See Waldo? Another fan! Just FYI, Mo - you do make a cameo in this TR. :
Old 09-07-2007, 09:37 AM   #141
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG! I seriously need a recipe for that stuff. It was soooo yum-o! What I wouldn't do for a jug of that right about now.
I'm thinking of actually trying SW next year. Possibly a red eye flight. I know!

Unfortunately SW doesnt have any nonstops to MCO. If you are really thinking about the red eye try the Delta red eye, leaves at 10:40 p.m. scheduled to arrive at MCO @ 6:45 both times I have taken the red eye the flights have been early

Old 09-07-2007, 09:40 AM   #142
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

I am surprised at how many like the Poly. I would probably like it too but the price for when I go in April is $4900.

Almost $2500 more than POP and $2000 than POR. The prices next year are much more cause of Friday and Saturday being different prices now then Sunday - Thursday. Well I will dream and maybe one day I will get to stay at a deluxe.
Ok hijack is over.
Sorry.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 AM   #143
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
SORRY!
Sabrina, if you comfy with your resort, say there. You'll only be paying for a pool slide. Period.

Deluxe all the way baby. I found the Poly just way too convenient, KWIM? The monorail access was worth its weight in gold! :
I am happy with POP, the only bad thing about POP is its always the farthest bus stop, the Epcot bus stop is just way out there. The actual rooms dont really bother me, we are hardly even there.

I am thinking about POLY for our 2009 trip as I am taking my grandma and grandpa, and the proximity to the monorail is what is making me change my mind and my grandma would be spending a lot more time at the resort so more comfort is necessary.

How were the buses at POR?

Old 09-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #144
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The TFW shirts didn't survive the wash, so they've been turned into PJ's and play clothes.
None of the shirts I made survived either. Did we do something wrong I think next year I will just buy shirts for a couple of days/events and not try to make my own.

Tell Waldo that he has his own fan club and we definitley want to hear his version of things! How about WanderinWaldo for his screen name

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #145
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Unfortunately SW doesnt have any nonstops to MCO. If you are really thinking about the red eye try the Delta red eye, leaves at 10:40 p.m. scheduled to arrive at MCO @ 6:45 both times I have taken the red eye the flights have been early
I wouldn't mind a layover on a SW flight - but I'm going to look into that Delta flight fo'sho!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
I am surprised at how many like the Poly. I would probably like it too but the price for when I go in April is $4900.
Yickes! $4900? For how many days?

Quote:
I am happy with POP, the only bad thing about POP is its always the farthest bus stop, the Epcot bus stop is just way out there. The actual rooms dont really bother me, we are hardly even there.
You see this time we spent alot of time in the room resting as my kids a younger, I think and the place was just too crowded for 4 of us.
Quote:
I am thinking about POLY for our 2009 trip as I am taking my grandma and grandpa, and the proximity to the monorail is what is making me change my mind and my grandma would be spending a lot more time at the resort so more comfort is necessary.
Ok - that's my selling point. The monorail access is wonderful! A short walk to TTC to hit the Epcot monorail and you only have to bus to DS and AK and then you only share a bus with CR and GF - one bus stop each!

Quote:
How were the buses at POR?
PO-R has 4 bus stops and PO-FQ has 1. And they all share a returing bus except for at MK they have their own stops. Personally, the bus system was OK, except for the Epcot bus which stopped at FQ and then all 4 POR stops and that really really sucked. We did have problems at night returning to our hotel as the bus stops were like 200 people deep. On those nights we just taxied back.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #146
TheDISneyFamily
°O° DIS Friendship Pixie °O°
I call it the Save & Splurge!
We're ready to meet some DIS'ers!

Tracy-
First of all, I'm really sorry that I missed the post about you guys having the flu! I hope everyone's doing better. It's scary that the flu is getting to be an any-time-of-year thing these days. I HATE getting sick! Ugh!

Maddie is SUCH a cutie!!! Maddie's 1st day of school post brought back soooo many memories! I remember Jordan's 1st day of school like it was yesterday! I've been working on a digital frame as a present for Steve, and I just scanned that picture!

Time flies by once they are in school. I hope Maddie had a great 1st day!

Wow! Waldo is reading your TR?! You'd better make sure you check your facts with him before you post another installment! Or, better yet - like other's have said - WALDO, you need to write your own TR!!!

Hope you're feeling better!
Have a great weekend!
-Michelle

Home Sweet Home - BWV - I'm going back to my happy place!

***DIS/TFW Friendship Pixie***
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #147
Sabrina90744
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't mind a layover on a SW flight - but I'm going to look into that Delta flight fo'sho!
Yea check them out, they have pretty decent fares IMO.

Quote:
You see this time we spent alot of time in the room resting as my kids a younger, I think and the place was just too crowded for 4 of us.
That is a big difference then, we spend very little time in our rooms, we are always on the go.

Quote:
Ok - that's my selling point. The monorail access is wonderful! A short walk to TTC to hit the Epcot monorail and you only have to bus to DS and AK and then you only share a bus with CR and GF - one bus stop each!
Not to bad, I guess that is a POP Positive, there is only one stop, but with POLY that monorail is a huge advantage

Old 09-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #148
Disneyland_Mama

Magic Shoes Part 1

I set the alarm for 7am, but I was up at a quarter ‘til. I couldn’t sleep. There’s no sleeping in Disney, and as Donna (apirateslife4ever) says, “Sleep is for the weak.” I got up and cleaned up and located my clothing spreadsheet for what I we would be wearing today. I prepped all the clothes and then the phone rang, I answered it and hit the speaker key. It was Mickey and Stitch telling us to get up “No more sleepy!”. How obnoxious was that? Maddie wakes up full of excitement. Her buddy on the other hand refused to wake. Evan wouldn’t even stir the tiniest bit. I had Gardengrocer bring the kids some cereal items and some breakfast bars, so I served Maddie up a bowl of cereal whilst Andy & I tried to wake Evan some more. This would be a daily practice. We finally gave up and just dressed him and tossed him in his stroller, grabbed our back pack and nice little drink cooler, which I must say was a brilliant idea, and headed down to our meeting place, the food court. And looky who we see.... hey doesn't this guy look like Don Vito?

The food court was relatively quiet, so we grabbed a table and fill our mugs with caffeinated goodness. Diet Coke that is. I didn’t even attempt to try the infamous Nescafe crapola. I was very clear that 8:00 am was AIS time. For those non-Everybody loves Raymond fans, let me elaborate on AIS for just a quick minute.

Raymond & Frank are complaining about how their families are never on time to go some where, so Frank invents this little AIS code, which stands for *** In Seat. If you weren’t AIS in the car at the appointed time, he left you. Anyway, I could tell you about the whole episode, but I’d rather not, so that’s the just of it.

Ok, so 8:00 and everyone is accounted for. We head for the bus stop and wait for the next Epcot bus. Now here’s another POFQ complaint. Look away if you don’t want to read it……….. now.

Why does the Epcot bus go to all the dang nabbit bus stops around POR? Epcot is the ONLY bus that does that. Why? By the time we got to the first stop the flippin’ bus was to capacity. Why not just send POR their own Epcot bus?

Ok, so back to story telling….. we finally make our way around POR and I’m starting to wig out a bit. It’s coming up to 8:20 and we haven’t reached Epcot yet. I need to be there for rope drop. I need to be. Why? Because TGM says so and whatever lover says, Mama does. Being the commando planner that I am, I immediately start spitting out orders. Andy & Michael, you each take a stroller and pop it open as soon as your feet clear the pavement. Max, you take Maddie down the steps and plop her in a stroller. TE you take Evan and do the same. Waldo you take the backpack, and I’ll take the drink cooler. Rick and Debbie you make sure we leave nothing and no one behind. Now go! Go! Go! Go! People are staring. A lot of people are staring. At me. And my handy dandy Itinerary. Which I keep around my neck. At all times. Except Lapu time. But that’s another day.

We arrive at Epcot & get through security rather quickly, well most of us do. My brother is thoroughly inspected by security. I was waiting for them to send over a gloved guard at any moment. This would happen to him everyday, until we wised up and sent him through the “Guests with No Bags” line. Racial profiling? I dunno, but next time you’re going through security at WDW take a look around at whose bag gets really checked out. And to quote one of my favorite movie characters, Forrest Gump, “That all I have to say about that.” So, I notice there’s a small group of people, and like the typical non-informed, they all hover over toward 1 or 2 entrance stalls. We head over to the far right where there are possibly 2 other families in front of us.

We get ourselves ampted up for the day and discussing our TGM plan of attack and then I hear a very posh voice yell out, "Tracy!". I turn around and who do I see? Well it’s my dear DIS friend, DisneyJo and her dear sweet lovely beautiful daughters, Ellie and Jessica. We hug, which I must go on record and say was initiated by Jo, and just start chatting. About what, I don’t know. And why didn't I take a picture?? The girls are just bubbling with excitement telling me about their shopping trip and how they won ears and their new GameBoy games and Jessica got new MJ Crocs. It was wonderful listening to them speak. They have the sweetest voices and I love the way they say my name “Traycay” or something like that. It’s adorable. They join us in line, because at this point, David seemed to have gotten a little miffed that they left him and joins the chatter. Well, sort of. I make quick introductions to the golfing trio and Waldo starts yapping away to David. David's a good guy, imagine an English Chandler Bing, minus the goofyness, sort of. JK! LY David! (Thanks LL! )Good, now David’s occupied and we girls can chat. They open the gates and we all race to the rope on the Test Track side.

It’s our first ride of the day and Jo, being a good TGMer is headed in the same direction. We reach the rope and I prep Evan for his TT debut. Allegedly. Wow, looky here, when Evan wears these special “magic” shoes, he grows a magic inch. Now that, my friends is Disney magic. Ellie and Jessica take Maddie under their wing and convince her to ride Test Track. Maddie’s all for it, until the drop of the rope and we’re off. She decided not to ride, so TE stays with her. Of course we’re stopped because they need to check Evan’s height. He just barely makes it and we’re told they will measure him again before he rides. We wander through the empty queue and are about 30 people behind Jo and her family. I try to signal to her that Evan made it, but she’s off in TT world. We get to the front and sure enough Evan is measured again. And yet again, he makes it. Just barely. In fact it’s questionable, but the CM lets him through. We get in our designated line and wait for our turn.

Until the ride operator stops us.

Dead in our tracks.

“Is that baby tall enough?”

Next update: page 16 click here.

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 09-17-2007 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Thanks, DM ;)
Old 09-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #149
Disneyland_Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDISneyFamily View Post

OMG Michelle! That picture is so flippin' adorable!!! Your kids still have the same look, if you KWIM. You can still see their adorable baby faces in their current pictures! And you look great - you haven't aged a bit you lucky girl! :
Old 09-07-2007, 11:34 AM   #150
Disneyolic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
then the phone rang, I answered it and hit the speaker key. It was Mickey and Stitch telling us to get up “No more sleepy!”. How obnoxious was that?
Yeah, obnoxious. I hate it.

Quote:
And looky who we see.... hey doesn't this guy look like Don Vito?

Who is Don Vito?

Quote:
Raymond & Frank are complaining about how their families are never on time to go some where, so Frank invents this little AIS code, which stands for *** In Seat. If you weren’t AIS in the car at the appointed time, he left you. Anyway, I could tell you about the whole episode, but I’d rather not, so that’s the just of it.
I loved that one...especially when they left "you know who"!!!

Quote:
Why does the Epcot bus go to all the dang nabbit bus stops around POR? Epcot is the ONLY bus that does that. Why? By the time we got to the first stop the flippin’ bus was to capacity. Why not just send POR their own Epcot bus?
Guess you got lucky! We were at the Main POR bus stop and we always left straight for every park, including Epcot, every day. The only exception was in the middle of the day when they did all the stops. Sucks to be you!

Quote:
We arrive at Epcot & get through security rather quickly, well most of us do. My brother is thoroughly inspected by security. I was waiting for them to send over a gloved guard at any moment. This would happen to him everyday, until we wised up and sent him through the “Guests with No Bags” line. Racial profiling? I dunno, but next time you’re going through security at WDW take a look around at whose bag gets really checked out.
Oh you brown people need to learn how to pack! I zipped through the line all but 1 time. Oh, yeah, I'm a freakishly white, redhead with freckles. Not too scary looking. Or am I?

One guard did do a thorough search on our bags. He unzipped everything! Good thing I hid the contraband in my bra!

Quote:
Of course we’re stopped because they need to check Evan’s height. He just barely makes it and we’re told they will measure him again before he rides. We wander through the empty queue and are about 30 people behind Jo and her family. I try to signal to her that Evan made it, but she’s off in TT world. We get to the front and sure enough Evan is measured again. And yet again, he makes it. Just barely. In fact it’s questionable, but the CM lets him through. We get in our designated line and wait for our turn.

Until the ride operator stops us.

Dead in our tracks.

“Is that baby tall enough?”

How tall is Evan really? He is a month younger than Brookie, right? (July 8). Brookie did even make it on Kali! She was just shy of 38 inches with shoes!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: