Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Waldo on Wheels in a World of Rats in Pants & Fruity Booze. 10/29 Stick a fork in me.

Waldo on Wheels takes on the World of Rats in Pants and Fruity Booze, a Trip Report

Were back and I doubt Disney World will ever be the same. I think we some how violated all that is Disney, but thats ok, because we had a fantabulous time doing it.

If you havent read my Pre-trip report, go ahead and follow this link. I dare ya! Pre-Trip Report: HERE

But first, a quickie intro of our cast of violators:

First theres me, Tracy. Im a 35 year old SAHM, whos an obsessed DISer, completely in love with Disney World and Disneyland. Although the scales are tipping in WDWs favor, but well save that for another day. This is my 2nd trip in less than a year.

DH, Andy - 37. Not so in love with Disney, but he loves me when Im happy and Im only happy when Im either planning a trip to Disney World or Im already there. Hes a PGA golfer. Oh wait sorry, wrong trip report. Hes probably one of the worse golfers who actually loves golf. Go figure. He actually works in the printing industry and is our funder of these lovely trips.

DD, Maddie 5. A true Disney Princess. She loves them all so much and shes got her Disney Princess Trivia down, baby. Did you know Mulan is just an Honorary Princess?

DS, Evan 3. Our little dare devil. Hed ride Everest if he was tall enough.

And next theres my infamous Dad, Waldo 72. Our wandering wonder. No further introduction necessary, my friend.

DMom, The Enabler (TE) 72. Patient to impatient in 2 seconds flat. Shes a good one, enabler that is. She convince you spend $100 to save $10. Shes become an expert at Fuzzy Disney Math.

And now to introduce our traveling companions:
DBro, Donald aka Rick 40. Has no idea what hes getting into. He hates crowds and heat. Bwahahahaha!!!

DSIL, Daisy aka Deb 37. Deb is truly a saint in disguise. She has to be, shes been married to my brother for 16 years. Thats almost as back as being married to Waldo for 52 years!

Dneph#1, Huey aka Michael 15. Mike is truly his fathers son. He looks almost identical to his father and its really scary. They have the same personality and its quite funny to watch the 2 of them go at it. Its almost like Rick is arguing with himself.

Dneph#2, Dewey aka Max 10. This kid is very smart, manipulative and convincing. He gets away with murder, because of course he is the baby of the family. Dont get me wrong, hes a great kid. Super sweet and has a great understanding of what being a family is. And in this trip, he reminded us more than once.

Ok, so now weve got intros out of the way lets blow this popsicle stand and get it started, baby!

Link Index:
And everyone's doing the suitcase shuffle: page 1 post 12
Travel Day Cont'd page 4 post 47

Last edited by Disneyland_Mama; 10-29-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

I'm first,

ETA OK,now I went back and actually read it. Off to a great start and can't wait to read about Waldo's adventures!
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2007, 07:33 PM   #3
TEminnie
TFW/Facebook Addict

I'm second!!!!

A Rednecks Guide to Paris: TFW post 1606, 1622, 1636, 1651, 1680,1737, 1769,1964
Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 PM   #4
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

I am third and I am in.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 08-31-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
PaMom001
Used to be good at dodging
You have piqued my interest and I'm heading over

I'm heeere!!
Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

I am going to try. We leave in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll be able to keep up for a bit anyway.

On with the show!
Not too shabby for a consolation prize: a Disneyland pre-trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200081
Old 08-31-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
[B]If you havent read my Pre-trip report, go ahead and follow this link. I dare ya! Pre-Trip Report: HERE

DH, Andy - 37. Not so in love with Disney, but he loves me when Im happy and Im only happy when Im either planning a trip to Disney World or Im already there. Hes a PGA golfer. Oh wait sorry, wrong trip report. Hes probably one of the worse golfers who actually loves golf. Go figure. He actually works in the printing industry and is our funder of these lovely trips.
and get it started, baby!
I am here Only 2 coments.

First Anyone who goes back reads the PTR should be given a prize.

Second: I thought Jim (Scrooge) was the worst golfer in the world. We will have to get them together to have a worse golfer contest

Bring it on!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #9
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

It's going to be a while before I can catch up on your PTR but I still want to. I just don't want to get behind in this one so I'm getting in on the ground floor!
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #10
Disneygrl36
Happy DVC member!!!!

I am soooooooooooo here. Can't wait to read about your adventures & here's hoping there are lots of pictures to illustrate all the fun.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #11
Disneyland_Mama

Hi Mo, TE, Avivasmom, PaMom, Lifelong, Renta, Janet, Parla and Mel!

!!!

I've got another installment in the works... coming up next!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #12
Disneyland_Mama

And everyones doing the Suitcase Shuffle!

So let’s go back 12 days or so.

Back to the day prior to our departure.

I had a few last minute things to pack and I was doing my final mental check list. I really had to squeeze things into my bag. Heck, I had the largest bag of them all and I still could just barely close it. I brought the scale over and BAM! The case was 4 pounds over the weight limit. Carp! I went back and did the whole suitcase shuffle, moving things here and moving things there. I ended up pulling another suitcase out and putting the really heavy things in it. Andy’s shoes weigh a ton and my make-up Caboodle, whilst fairly heavy still doesn’t compare to Lauralee’s, had to go into said suitcase. Everything was no longer squashed all together, but rather nice and happy with plenty of arm and leg room.

I decided to go ahead and print out all our boarding passes and get that out of the way and deliver those along with the lime FOCKER t-shirts to my brother. I printed their passes out just fine, but when I went to print ours it said, “Unable to access tickets, please check-in with an agent.” Hmmm…. ok, no big deal right. Maybe it was because we have small children? I dunno. I just let it roll off my back and continued on my merry way. We pulled the van into the garage and got all packed up, except for the last suitcase which held my morning essentials. It was getting late, the kids were in bed and thankfully asleep and I needed a shower and a happy dappy little pill to help me sleep. Off to sleep with Disney vacation dreams dancing in my head.

I woke up about 2:45am. I couldn’t sleep. Today was the day. I felt like Nemo waking Marlin for the first day of school! I was bouncy and shiny and happy as a clam. Or a clownfish. Anywho, I got ready and headed downstairs to try to print our tickets again. BINGO! It worked. Or so I thought. I noticed the printed said “Printing started. Page 1 of 5.” Excuse me, what? Page of 1 of 5? Uh, no. There should be 6 pages for 6 boarding passes for 6 people. I looked at the reservation and Andy was not listed. I tried to pull his name on flight list and he was no where to be found. I got that sick tummy feeling. What heck is going on? I went into panic mode and I could feel the hot tears welling up in my eyes. Please, please let this be a mistake. Waldo and Andy told me to calm down, everything would be fine. But what if it wasn’t? What was I supposed to do? Waldo said whatever happens, he & TE would stay behind and make sure the 4 of us got on the plane together. Now that scared me even more. Can you imagine Waldo wandering LAX?
I got on the phone with AA reservations and somehow and was given a different record locator. He was confirmed on the list, but we would have to print his boarding pass at the airport. Whew! First crisis averted!

Or was it?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:48 PM   #13
Parla
I don't have room for another bar
I stopped him so I could take this picture
I can't help it if DH's undies don't fit. I'm not a mind reader!

Oh dear! You're giving me flashbacks! You didn't fly with NWA did you?
June 2007 Won trip from Alamo to stay at BWI. We'll never fly again!!! How the heck will we get there???
October 2011 MNSSHP trip! Day 3 is up! I would add links but it's only 8 pages.

Also planning a Christmas 2013 trip. Although one of my bosses at Target thinks I may need to quit and then get rehired to get the time off. This is gonna be my dream trip though so I'll do whatever it takes.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 PM   #14
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun TR....I'm in!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:32 PM   #15
LurrrvtheDuck
DIS Veteran

Sheesh you guys have already started your TR's! I'm such a slacker, wooohooo though!!!! Going back to read now!

Ok just read, I would've freaked out with the whole ticket fiasco thingy too! Whew!

Yes that bouncy feeling is called Disdrenaline! I have that every time I go and while I'm there, then it just kinda goes *poof* when I get back home. Strangest thing....

Self Proclaimed Team Focker Movie Watcher

Last edited by LurrrvtheDuck; 09-01-2007 at 01:15 AM. Reason: caught up

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: