Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #1426
smokey
Earning My Ears

Teabags

We are going back to the All Star Sports after staying at POFQ for the last 2 trips. We drink a lot of hot tea. We get the unlimited drinks mug but at POFQ we had to ask a server each time for a tea bag. That got a pain when there was a long line of people waiting to pay, particularly as we drink a LOT of tea. Do they still have the tea bags at the drinks stations so you can help yourselves? Also what milk/creamer do they now use i.e. from a machine or those little cartons?
smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #1427
smokey
Earning My Ears

iPad and TV

Will I be able to connect my iPad to the TV via a HDMI cable?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #1428
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
Will I be able to connect my iPad to the TV via a HDMI cable?
The TV in my room had HDMI inputs but I don't know if the input channel was accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey
We are going back to the All Star Sports after staying at POFQ for the last 2 trips. We drink a lot of hot tea. We get the unlimited drinks mug but at POFQ we had to ask a server each time for a tea bag. That got a pain when there was a long line of people waiting to pay, particularly as we drink a LOT of tea. Do they still have the tea bags at the drinks stations so you can help yourselves? Also what milk/creamer do they now use i.e. from a machine or those little cartons?
I didn't see any tea bags in the drink area, and I think there were machines for creamer.

(Exact trip dates a work-in-progress!)
dawnhaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #1429
sarobison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post
The TV in my room had HDMI inputs but I don't know if the input channel was accessible.

I didn't see any tea bags in the drink area, and I think there were machines for creamer.
I saw the tea bags, they had the machine for creamer and a few of the little tubs of CoffeeMate creamer (although I think it was a flavored variety?).
Old 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #1430
sarobison
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I thought someone posted about the pool rehab on the thread about that a month or so ago? I wonder if they would be willing to comp the extra fee for a prefered room if you ask since the pool is closed. The only reason I would book a prefered room is because the pool is right there.
I didn't book preferred, just requested it when I did online check-in. I was not charged for the preferred room.

We went to the Baseball pool but didn't want to walk over to Movies or Music since we went to Blizzard Beach Sunday afternoon anyway.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #1431
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the kiddie pool at ASSP is included in the closure for the refurb? Or is it still open?
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #1432
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

most of the time i book mods when i go to disney but for next weekend they had an AP rate for all star sports of $66 bucks and that was way too good of a deal to pass up.. im just wondering what am i losing switching to a value for the first time?
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #1433
soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator

Crime Scene: Do Not Cross
I Live For CSI:

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoaPrince View Post
Does anyone know if the kiddie pool at ASSP is included in the closure for the refurb? Or is it still open?
I'm staying at All Star Sports this weekend as I'm going to Night of Joy at the Magic Kingdom and will post back and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsmejosh View Post
most of the time i book mods when i go to disney but for next weekend they had an AP rate for all star sports of $66 bucks and that was way too good of a deal to pass up.. im just wondering what am i losing switching to a value for the first time?
Things that you would lose from a mod to a value is a hot tub/jacuzzi as the values just have a swimming pool. The mods have slightly bigger rooms. There are just food courts at the values, no sit down restaurants. Overall I prefer the values for savings, more money to spend elsewhere in WDW.

soccercruiser87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #1434
MommytoaPrince
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=soccercruiser87;46063146]I'm staying at All Star Sports this weekend as I'm going to Night of Joy at the Magic Kingdom and will post back and let you know.

Yay, Thanks! We will be there next weekend & that is where my 5 year old wants to spend all his time.
MommytoaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #1435
heyitsmejosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccercruiser87 View Post
Things that you would lose from a mod to a value is a hot tub/jacuzzi as the values just have a swimming pool. The mods have slightly bigger rooms. There are just food courts at the values, no sit down restaurants. Overall I prefer the values for savings, more money to spend elsewhere in WDW.
no hot tub?!@?! time to call disney
heyitsmejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #1436
soccercruiser87

Teen Board Moderator

Crime Scene: Do Not Cross
I Live For CSI:

DISboards Moderator

Posting back to let everyone know that the whole surf pool area is closed including the kiddie pool. I spoke to the front desk and they told me that the surf pool will now be a zero entry pool once the refurbishment is complete. And they didn't mention anything new about the kiddie pool but I'm sure the kiddie pool is just being refurbished and typical maintenance.

soccercruiser87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #1437
shpdem
Mouseketeer

how bad should i expect it to be during cheerleader weekend?

shpdem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #1438
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpdem View Post
how bad should i expect it to be during cheerleader weekend?
That would depend on your tollerance level for loud teenage girls. You will be sharing a resort, bus, and cafeteria with them and they will share their enthusiasm and cheers with you like it or not.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #1439
smokey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnhaze View Post

OK thanks, I will take my HDMI cable and hope for the best.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:51 PM   #1440
smokey
Earning My Ears

When is the Christmas tree and decorations put up at the hotel?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: