Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #1381
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
That is almost true. The only exception being something like this: Free Dining is offered March 7-15. You check in on March 1 and plan on staying until March 10. You can have Free Dining for the 7th thru 10th, but they won't go back and give it to you for your whole stay.

However if your trip was from March 15-25 you would get Free Dining for your whole trip. Disney will extend Free Dining forward, but not backwards.

Just wanted to explain all that so there was no confusion.
I check in POP Warner week on the 5th through the 9th so I miss it entirely. Doesn't bother me thought because that is alot of food that I don't need to eat anyways. I will pay out of pocket for the following:

ESPN Club Lunch
Breakfast at Kona Cafe
Lunch at Rainforest Cafe- AK
Haven't decided one more place.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:51 AM   #1382
tink1972
Earning My Ears
 
tink1972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 52

Angwill, tvs don't matter too much to me, but hubby was asking! 😉
__________________
tink1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-15-2012, 07:03 AM   #1383
tink&stitchmom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vermont
Posts: 128

Unhappy Surf's Up Refurb

I just read on Mousesavers that Surf's Up is scheduled to be closed for refurb the day we arrive through the beginning of Sept. I can't see all the guests crowded into the Grand Slam Does anyone know if we will be allowed to utilize the other All Star pools?

On a side note, you would have thought that a pool closure in August would have been mentioned at least one of the 3 times I called to make reservations...
__________________
DHmeDDDS
tink&stitchmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #1384
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Old friends

I had been wondering what happened to all my old DIS friends and as I look around here I see many of them. (Hi Macraven!)

Yes, you can only get the FD for the duration of your trip if you check in during the promotion and if you stay days later it will continue, up to 14 days I believe. I am so good at confusing because I type as fast as I talk and that is terribly fast.

Ang, those directions are good but I also have to deal with 'shifty' hubby so it is best that I not get in any confusing situations. Also finding my car in the lot can be impossible. I dare not be late at AK or HS and have to park further away because I cannot find my car there either. I am aptly named.

Luster, have you ever eaten at Tony's at MK? It is nice. I like the smaller place down by the bakery that has the strawberry salad too. If you had a car you could give the Orlando Ale House down by Crossroads a try. It is the CM"s favorite from what I hear.

Slightly Goofy
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #1385
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
I had been wondering what happened to all my old DIS friends and as I look around here I see many of them. (Hi Macraven!)


Slightly Goofy
still looking for you when i am at sports.

i come armed with lime green mickey heads.....................

will leave another note
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 AM   #1386
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,809

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink&stitchmom View Post
I just read on Mousesavers that Surf's Up is scheduled to be closed for refurb the day we arrive through the beginning of Sept. I can't see all the guests crowded into the Grand Slam Does anyone know if we will be allowed to utilize the other All Star pools?

On a side note, you would have thought that a pool closure in August would have been mentioned at least one of the 3 times I called to make reservations...
All-Star guests are allowed to use the pools at all 3 All-Star resorts. Even when all pools are operating. This is one of the few exceptions to the pool hopping rule.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:27 AM   #1387
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Missing once again?

Macraven, does that mean that you will not be there when I am or you are hoping to escape my clutches once again?

Did you note that I finally achieved my life's goal and am now a Florida resident? That means it ups the chances of running into me and I have those LGM's to spread around too as I live just about a half mile from a Home Depot now. Life is good.

Slightly Goofy
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #1388
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Macraven, does that mean that you will not be there when I am or you are hoping to escape my clutches once again?

Did you note that I finally achieved my life's goal and am now a Florida resident? That means it ups the chances of running into me and I have those LGM's to spread around too as I live just about a half mile from a Home Depot now. Life is good.

Slightly Goofy
i aways read tags.........

did the happy dance when i saw you finally made the move to the motherland area!

you now can stay at sports as much as you want.
all the money you are saving by not flying, driving a long distance, etc, you can put on the resort room....

what's your dates for this fall?
i'll be there late sept/early oct this year.
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #1389
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Boo Hiss

Macraven, boo hiss I will not be there until November 25th. My AP's are not good for a lot of dates (ones I do not wish to visit any old way) and I do not do heat well.

Now that we are settled I am thinking we will make it more times in 2013 and maybe you will be there for one of those trips? I am planning Spring Flower and Garden, Fall Food and Wine and then, of course, right after Thanksgiving for our annual Xmas lights trip. We are also going to St. Augustine to see the lights this year too. Savannah is on my bucket list for next year.

Please give us a full report so that we know what to expect when we arrive and make them fix anything that needs fixing.

SG
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:23 PM   #1390
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie
 
macraven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)
Posts: 55,896

i'm penciling in your request in my notebook..........

i always go for an 8 night stay at the end of september.
next year i'm thinking of starting the very end of sept for my stay.

one of these trips we have to meet up!
it will be the highlight of my trip.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Macraven, boo hiss I will not be there until November 25th. My AP's are not good for a lot of dates (ones I do not wish to visit any old way) and I do not do heat well.

Now that we are settled I am thinking we will make it more times in 2013 and maybe you will be there for one of those trips? I am planning Spring Flower and Garden, Fall Food and Wine and then, of course, right after Thanksgiving for our annual Xmas lights trip. We are also going to St. Augustine to see the lights this year too. Savannah is on my bucket list for next year.

Please give us a full report so that we know what to expect when we arrive and make them fix anything that needs fixing.

SG
__________________
life is what happens to you on your way to achieving your dreams...........

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:42 PM   #1391
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
I had been wondering what happened to all my old DIS friends and as I look around here I see many of them. (Hi Macraven!)

Yes, you can only get the FD for the duration of your trip if you check in during the promotion and if you stay days later it will continue, up to 14 days I believe. I am so good at confusing because I type as fast as I talk and that is terribly fast.

Ang, those directions are good but I also have to deal with 'shifty' hubby so it is best that I not get in any confusing situations. Also finding my car in the lot can be impossible. I dare not be late at AK or HS and have to park further away because I cannot find my car there either. I am aptly named.

Luster, have you ever eaten at Tony's at MK? It is nice. I like the smaller place down by the bakery that has the strawberry salad too. If you had a car you could give the Orlando Ale House down by Crossroads a try. It is the CM"s favorite from what I hear.

Slightly Goofy
Maybe I will give Tony's at MK a try.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #1392
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Macraven, boo hiss I will not be there until November 25th. My AP's are not good for a lot of dates (ones I do not wish to visit any old way) and I do not do heat well.

Now that we are settled I am thinking we will make it more times in 2013 and maybe you will be there for one of those trips? I am planning Spring Flower and Garden, Fall Food and Wine and then, of course, right after Thanksgiving for our annual Xmas lights trip. We are also going to St. Augustine to see the lights this year too. Savannah is on my bucket list for next year.

Please give us a full report so that we know what to expect when we arrive and make them fix anything that needs fixing.

SG
Linda,

Been to both: Flower and Garden, and Food and Wine. Had a great time. The flower arrangements at Epcot are amazing. During the Food and Wine I got to try alot of new foods and they were quite delicious

I am so excited to be finally going "home". I have not been in 2 1/2 years.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #1393
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

attested to

Yep, Macraven, meeting me is truly an unique experience as Lustergirl will attest to. I am very hard to spot too, as many will also agree to. NOT!

Lustergirl, I know it has been a long time because we have made plans to meet up a few times to no avail. Oh well, it will happen one of these days. As I am not able to get over to meet all the wonderful folks I would love to see I surely do not expect them to plan their trips around me either.

I used my Discover card to pay the balance of my Disney trip this morning. They say a 5% reward for theme parks and surely this counts.

Tony's is a nice place and great location for eating before the parade. The last time I was there the young waiter flirted terribly with me. I left him a very big tip so he could buy glasses. Poor dear.

Slightly Goofy
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:14 PM   #1394
lustergirl
DIS Veteran
 
lustergirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,406

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
Yep, Macraven, meeting me is truly an unique experience as Lustergirl will attest to. I am very hard to spot too, as many will also agree to. NOT!

Lustergirl, I know it has been a long time because we have made plans to meet up a few times to no avail. Oh well, it will happen one of these days. As I am not able to get over to meet all the wonderful folks I would love to see I surely do not expect them to plan their trips around me either.

I used my Discover card to pay the balance of my Disney trip this morning. They say a 5% reward for theme parks and surely this counts.

Tony's is a nice place and great location for eating before the parade. The last time I was there the young waiter flirted terribly with me. I left him a very big tip so he could buy glasses. Poor dear.

Slightly Goofy

Ohh, but you are simply gorgeous darling, simply gorgeous. Well hubby and I are planning on going back Sept 2013, can't miss the free dining (which I am sure there will be next year as wel). But we are going all hobknob and staying at AKL Savannah View.
__________________
lustergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #1395
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are
 
SlightlyGoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Just became Florida residents, finally
Posts: 8,342

Hoi Palloi

I have no idea if I spelled the title correctly or not and am too tired to look it up and impress you all.

My dear Luster, you are going all hoi palloi on me? (btw, this phrase is used nowadays to mean high faluting but it actually means common) Sort of like folks think that the monster's name is Frankenstein but that is actually the doctor. (me thinks I have been playing trivia entirely too much today)

I have been called many things in my life and while I am not ugly nor am I gorgeous. Make sure to buy some glasses so you can see all those animals from your balcony.

Let me introduce you to some of the other folks here, just Lisa for tonight. Lisa was proposed to at WDW several years ago and lives happily with her wonderful Frank. She runs marathons along with keeping up with many people who are honored to call her friend. A better one there has never been.

Lustergirl and her husband met me at the Stunt show where she very kindly picked up something I had dropped. She made an impression.

More to follow as soon as I let my remaining brain cells recuperate.

SG/Linda
__________________
Always smile. It makes your friends happy and worries your enemies.


We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: