Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #121
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Due for a renovation

Tat2ddisneymom, great pictures. Your room had not been renovated yet and that is probably why you were less than satisfied. When you consider the use these rooms get and the turnover etc. I am amazed at what good condition they stay in for as long as they did. We had a newly done room and it was lovely. I am sorry your experience was not as good. I have the same problem when we stop at motels on the way down and back, sometimes the room is nice, sometimes not, but we expect more from Disney and they usually give it to us.

May your next trip restore your faith.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:34 AM   #122
MickMan
DIS Veteran

That is the Beauty of Disney World....there are so many choices that you can always try something different next time. For the most part they do an excelent job but no one can do that every time not even Disney.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2007, 03:20 PM   #123
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Great pics & info. We requested Touchdown as well, I'll be sure to try to request bldg #7 (refurb'd) as well. Anyone know what time the pools close?
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 AM   #124
DJT
DIS Veteran

I requested Home Run because I know it's refurbished. I saw it in August and it looked so nice and clean.

By the way, we have a fridge/microwave swap for the All Stars going on if anyone is interested. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1628294&page=4
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #125
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Pool hours are 8am - 12am.
Surfboard Bay pool has lifeguards on duty from 10am-10pm.
Grand Slam pool is the quiet pool and is located in front of the Home Run hotel.
Pools are considered 'quiet areas' from 10pm to midnight.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resor...s-overview.htm

Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #126
applesauce
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info. I cant see having the kids at the pool later than 9-9-30pm,
they should be plenty tired from the days events. My kids are getting so excited to go. My son keeps talking about playing football on that field. I hear its a spongy/soft surface? Also, The Homerun buildings are both refurb'd?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #127
december
DIS Veteran

Yes, and they are really nice!
december is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 03:56 AM   #128
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I'll be at AS Sports Dec 8th-16th. I booked a standard room, because last May I had a preferred room that was not in a particularly good location (back side of Surfs Up, right next to the Tennis buildings). In Sept I had a preferred room at AS Music and again they tried to put me in the back. Quite a few of the Touch Down rooms were closer to the buses than my preferred room, so this time I decided to book a standard room and just requested Touch Down building. However, I know that's a popular area, so was curious if when I checked in, if I didn't like the location I was assigned if I could upgrade to a Preferred room at that time and just pay the difference? POP Warner ends Dec 8th and I'll be checking in Dec 8th, so I'm curious as to what rooms may be available.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:47 AM   #129
MickMan
DIS Veteran

We are checking in on the 8th also. Hopefully there will be a alot of the pop warner people leaving that day.

Does anyone have a picture of the refillable mug at All Star Sports?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:04 AM   #130
SlightlyGoofy

lucky folks

All you lucky folks checking on the 8th, please save a room in Touchdown for us old folks? Please, pretty please?

BTW, I am available to read books to any children. It is my THING. Should I bring my bag of coloring books etc?

Would it not be great if ALL of us were in TD?

Slightly Goofy/Linda/Grandma/The Reading Lady

Old 11-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #131
DJT
DIS Veteran

Hey, SlightlyGoofy. Another Hoosier (and Grandma) here who will be there the same time you are! I can hardly wait! I'm getting so excited about it. I was there last December but I had been in the hospital twice last November and was still not back to normal so I didn't really enjoy it as much as I will this time. This time is going to be just great!!
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #132
applesauce
Earning My Ears

We'll be checking in on the 9th & will surely request Touchdown bldg #7 or any of the Homerun buildings. I'm pretty sure there wont be much time for swimming/lounging around the Hotel grounds, got 4 full days at the 4 parks, sun-up to sundown. Maybe some swimming at night, football at dusk. GO GO GO, nice relaxing vacation, right? LOL!!

Also, can anyone point me towards a pricing chart for the parks for things like: Mickey Bars, Slush's, etc?

Thanks!

Last edited by applesauce; 11-28-2007 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 AM   #133
SlightlyGoofy

Laid back and lazy

DJT, what part of Indiana are you from? We are near Columbus. I am sorry you were feeling badly last year and hope that this year will make up for it. I take serious steriods when I am there just to be able to do anything. Just look for the 'Hulk" looking woman.

applesauce, most park snacks are around $4 and the Mickey Bars, I speak from personal experience lol, are about $2.50-3 according to where you buy them. I read that the big buckets of popcorn are a great bargain. You can also slip in a few microwave packages of popcorn and save credits if you want. There is a microwave in the food court.

aubriee, that is the secret at most resorts that the preferred rooms are not always all that good and seldom worth the extra money. If you look on a map it might appear so though. With the ten bucks saved you can have 3 extra Mickey Bars!!!

If anyone staying at the Sports when we are there need any help from someone who will have a car just PM me and if I can I will be glad to help. I have been there myself.

Slightly Goofy/Linda/Grandma/The Reading Lady

Old 11-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #134
DJT
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyGoofy View Post
DJT, what part of Indiana are you from? We are near Columbus. I am sorry you were feeling badly last year and hope that this year will make up for it. I take serious steriods when I am there just to be able to do anything. Just look for the 'Hulk" looking woman.
SlightlyGoofy, we are from New Albany. We'll be driving to Indy the evening of the 7th, for our 7:00 a.m. flight the next morning. It's a two hour drive for us to Indy and we decided we didn't want to get up at 2:00 a.m. that day. We want to be at least a little rested for our big first day in the World!

I took steroids last year, too. I think it was the worst year of my life. I missed six weeks of work and thought I was never going to get well. I was afraid the doctor was going to tell me to cancel my WDW trip but instead he told me it would be good for me. It was, but I wasn't well enough to enjoy it to the fullest but this year - woo hoo! It's going to be so much fun!

Donna
Old 11-28-2007, 12:20 PM   #135
SlightlyGoofy

Wrong way

Donna, you are going the wrong way. If you drove the same distance south you would be at Nashville and nearly there. lol

I will wave as we pass through as we head in YOUR direction driving down. I have a sister named Donna but then I have six sisters so it would be uncommon if you did NOT have one of their names. lol

I hate taking the steriods in spite of the fact that they make me feel so good. I instantly gain at least five pounds with the first pill and as I have suffered much to lose well over 100 pounds, still losing, it is just plain painful.

All kidding aside have you checked about taking a plane out of Louisville or Nashville or somewhere in between? Might even be cheaper. Just a thought.

SG/Linda

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: