Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #1306
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I am poolside at Sports right now. The wifi works better out here. Its kind of touch and go in the rooms. I am in surfs up and there are refridgerators but no privacy curtains. The first two nights there were cheerleaders here and I literally wanted to kil them. They were soooooo obnoxious. Seriously cheering at the top of their lungs outside the rooms until like 1:30 in the morning. Since they left though everything has been pretty nice and quiet. The resort is beautiful as always and the staff are all wonderful!
Thank you for the update. I was wondering if the wifi was working there. So glad you are having a good time. We will be there in June and can't wait to see the resort again. It's been a while since we stayed at ASSports. Can't wait.

tinkerbell615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #1307
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
I am poolside at Sports right now. The wifi works better out here. Its kind of touch and go in the rooms. I am in surfs up and there are refridgerators but no privacy curtains. The first two nights there were cheerleaders here and I literally wanted to kil them. They were soooooo obnoxious. Seriously cheering at the top of their lungs outside the rooms until like 1:30 in the morning. Since they left though everything has been pretty nice and quiet. The resort is beautiful as always and the staff are all wonderful!
Jessica, sorry I have missed you. We are in the touchdown section and only went to the pool once. It was the baseball pool because those cheerleaders had invaded the surfs up pool. Never again will I come when the cheerleaders are here. They were EVERYWHERE!!! And VERY loud!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #1308
FancyNancy
Princess

Oh my goodness Robin weren't they awful? Same here I am going to be more thorough about checking next time. Also April wants to try ASMusic next time we go in 2014 but if there are any cheering groups scheduled to go we may stay at Pop instead. Other than that we had a fabulous trip though and I hope you did too!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #1309
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

We did have an awesome time. ASSp is a very nice resort. We loved the theme of it. And the buses to get to and from the parks were not bad. I expected them to be packed and sparatic, but that was not the case.

Jessica you should come in September for free dining!!! Then we can conitnue chatting about what fun we will have

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 05-06-2012, 07:27 PM   #1310
FancyNancy
Princess

I wish I could Robin but I am Maid of Honor in my best friends wedding in October which means I'll be paying for a dress a bridal shower and a bachelorette party. Whew!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #1311
DumboFan
Mouseketeer

Question

We are leaving tomorrow night for a surprise trip my husband & daughter planned for me for my, gulp, 40th birthday!!! Its been years since we stayed at any of the All Stars & I can't remember if there are hairdryers in the rooms. Tried to do a search, but my computer is acting really stupid right now!

TIA!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:20 AM   #1312
Beth521
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumboFan View Post
We are leaving tomorrow night for a surprise trip my husband & daughter planned for me for my, gulp, 40th birthday!!! Its been years since we stayed at any of the All Stars & I can't remember if there are hairdryers in the rooms. Tried to do a search, but my computer is acting really stupid right now!

TIA!
Hi there are dryers, just small with not a super lot of power so if you have a lot of hair, or thick hair, it may take a while to dry.
Beth521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #1313
Wendy&Grumpy
Is there any better place to live than Mickey's backyard?

Anyone stayed recently?

Is anyone who stayed recently able to confirm available mug colors?

One should always have a getaway to look forward to - even if it's just one night!!

Fort Wilderness December 2012 ~ Disney Dream October 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge August/September 2012 ~ Contemporary July 2012 ~ Coronado Springs May 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy April 2012 ~ Disney Dream January 2012 ~ Port Orleans French Quarter December 2011 ~ Boardwalk Inn November 2011 ~ Disney Dream October 2011 ~ Wilderness Lodge August/September 2011 ~ Caribbean Beach April 2011 ~ Beach Club March 2011 ~ Disney Dream February 2011 ~ Pop Century December 2010 ~ All Star Music July/August 2008 ~ Villas at the Disney Institute December 1997
Wendy&Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:25 PM   #1314
FancyNancy
Princess

I only saw mugs with blue black and pink lids there.

Old 05-19-2012, 08:19 AM   #1315
THEVACATIONFAMILY
Mouseketeer

Talking Mugs

I'm wondering are they still the same size as they have always been, I believe the cups only held 8 oz of liquid. Does anyone know the answer to my question and Wendy&Grumpy's question as to what are the colors. YAY we are in double figures as of today, 99 days, well 98 and a wake up, as we use to countdown to graduation in Basic Training and AIT when I was in the US Army. I just can't wait, but then again, I don't want to rush the summer away. Hope everyone has a magical day.

Halloween At Disney World!!!!!!
Who can ask for anything more?

THEVACATIONFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #1316
klmall
DIS Veteran

Any pictures of the ASSports rooms with the new refrigerator/coolers?

Curious since I will be there in 2 weeks!

~~~~~~~~~Bay Lake Tower, December 2014 !~~~~~~~~~
klmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #1317
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmall View Post
Any pictures of the ASSports rooms with the new refrigerator/coolers?

Curious since I will be there in 2 weeks!
I would like to see also. We will be there in a little over 3 weeks!! I had requested a refrigerator for medication. I am guessing this will be what we will use now.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #1318
blue gatorade
Earning My Ears

8 days away from our trip! Are the new fridges real fridges or "beverage coolers". I can't find any definite information.
blue gatorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:05 PM   #1319
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

There are pictures of the fridges on the first page of the Pop Century resort thread. They fit in the little cubby area of the dressers if you have seen those before it will give you and idea of the size. Here is a link to the pictures http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914418
Old 05-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #1320
tinkerbell615
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
There are pictures of the fridges on the first page of the Pop Century resort thread. They fit in the little cubby area of the dressers if you have seen those before it will give you and idea of the size. Here is a link to the pictures http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914418
Thanks for the link!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: