Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #1291
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyFamilyof5 View Post
that is good news! Good Morning Dewdrop when you get there and can,let us know for sure!!
That IS good news. We'll ask at the desk to find out if they're "all done" with the installations and report back! Thanks

Previous Magical Adventures:
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #1292
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

I just posted a thread about this resort....can anyone tell me if there are any groups of kids (like for Pop Warner or something) historically there in early November. We plan to stay somewhere (still can't decide) 11/3-11/8 and I'm sure my "tween" DS's would love this resort.

I just have a huge fear of large groups of football players/basketball players/cheerleaders w/o their parents running though the halls while I'm trying to sleep, which is why I am leaning towards a moderate, but my wallet is leaning towards a Value

Also, have any of these rooms been refurbished lately? Is there a better section to request, for those that do not want to pay extra for preferred?
marshallandcartersmo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 07:04 PM   #1293
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

check out the following webpage for events scheduled at WWS http://espnwwos.disney.go.com/events/find/

It looks like nothing is scheduled during that time but that does not mean something won't be scheduled between now and then but no pop warner.

As for ASSp I think you tween DS's would enjoy this resort.

When we were there last year there were some big groups and were facing the football field which most would pass through to get to the front and it really was not a problem. There is security so any time after I think it was 9 or 10pm if the kids were out playing they would tell them to go back to their rooms but there really wasn't a lot of running the halls at night. More of playing catch on the football field a couple times at night or taking over the pool during the day once. The worst thing was one morning when some genius school coach choose the football field to have hundreds of teens meet up on at 6am. The kids were quieter than him with his whisle and big mouth shouting to them. lol

As for refurbishment that took place probably about 5 years ago or so. I didn't find any problems with the rooms I have stayed in over the last several years there.

As for a better section it depends on what you want. If you worry about noise I would ask for a room on the back side of a building. If you are driving you might want one of the buildings closer to the parking lot etc.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:10 PM   #1294
jlc1123
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have a picture of the refrigerators that are in the room at Sports. Are they able to keep milk and yogurt cold?
jlc1123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #1295
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Thanks angwill....

Also, can someone answer if there any rooms that look out over water (I think some in POP do, maybe I'm thinking of that)??

I am looking for a quiet room, so I understand I'll need to ask for the backside of the building....but would still something close to the pool. I'm thinking the back of one of the Homerun Hotels, or the back of the Hoops Hotel??

Any other maps online I could look at besides the one in the first post?? thanks

Last edited by marshallandcartersmo; 04-25-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #1296
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i just read this on the mouse for less website:

All-Star Resorts and Pop Century Resort will have beverage coolers installed in Guest rooms through April 30, 2012. Installation will take place one floor at a time between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Guests will be notified via an in-room flier the day before the work is scheduled to take place.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:39 PM   #1297
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

I am leaving in less than 7 hours! I am excited to get there. The weather looks like it will be decent now. Only 10-20 percent chance of rain for the week (ofcourse that can always change), but who cares....I am going to Disney!!!!!!

RobinDh Matt ds dd dd

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #1298
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Just got back from our first stay in Sports.

- checked in early around 6 am - they didn't have a room ready but did upgrade us to Surfs Up (preferred building rather than standard that we had paid for). They texted us the room number before noon.

- room was 6356 - not the end room but the one next to it. Very close to the food court and the pool (could have thrown something and hit both of them). Plumbing was very quiet - weird thing to comment on but we stay on the 3rd floor in Music all of the time and can hear plumbing noises but in this room it was really really quiet - plumbing-wise. Pool noises were loud - I'm not one to look a free upgrade in the mouth but honestly I'll never stay in a room next to the pool again.

- food court is smaller than the one at Music but it appeared to have all of the same foods. Portion sizes (specifically the penne alfredo noodles) varied by serving person which was a little odd. In Music the sizes seemed fairly well set

- security seemed to ignore smoking a fair amount of the time. I saw 5 security guys walk past a smoker - granted they were talking and might not have seen her but they should have smelled it. On our last night (4/26) a massive group of teens (cheerleaders, band, graduates?) were partying well into the night - cigarette butts all over the place in the morning - it seemed like they gave up on the smoking areas for that night.

- bed was much better than those at Music we all slept really well. I don't know if they're newer or what.

- we were told fridge installation is complete at Sports. Our fridge was small but kept our sodas very cold.

• AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 PM   #1299
marshallandcartersmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
Just got back from our first stay in Sports.

- checked in early around 6 am - they didn't have a room ready but did upgrade us to Surfs Up (preferred building rather than standard that we had paid for). They texted us the room number before noon.

- room was 6356 - not the end room but the one next to it. Very close to the food court and the pool (could have thrown something and hit both of them). Plumbing was very quiet - weird thing to comment on but we stay on the 3rd floor in Music all of the time and can hear plumbing noises but in this room it was really really quiet - plumbing-wise. Pool noises were loud - I'm not one to look a free upgrade in the mouth but honestly I'll never stay in a room next to the pool again.

- food court is smaller than the one at Music but it appeared to have all of the same foods. Portion sizes (specifically the penne alfredo noodles) varied by serving person which was a little odd. In Music the sizes seemed fairly well set

- security seemed to ignore smoking a fair amount of the time. I saw 5 security guys walk past a smoker - granted they were talking and might not have seen her but they should have smelled it. On our last night (4/26) a massive group of teens (cheerleaders, band, graduates?) were partying well into the night - cigarette butts all over the place in the morning - it seemed like they gave up on the smoking areas for that night.

- bed was much better than those at Music we all slept really well. I don't know if they're newer or what.

- we were told fridge installation is complete at Sports. Our fridge was small but kept our sodas very cold.
thanks for the review!! So if you went back, would you prefer a non-prefered room?? I'm thinking we'll go that route to avoid the noise...
Old 05-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #1300
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallandcartersmo View Post
thanks for the review!! So if you went back, would you prefer a non-prefered room?? I'm thinking we'll go that route to avoid the noise...
yes, it was our first time being beside the pool (we always pay for a standard room - have been upgraded 3 times now - never asked. Once to a Toy Story room in Movies - facing the parking lot - it was our first trip and I couldn't figure out why it was an upgrade LOL; once to Calypso in Music - backside not by the pool and then to Surfs Up right by the pool in Sports).

The pool noise was marginally annoying but not really a big deal until the last night. I would never choose to stay by the pool again and would much rather walk from a 'non-preferred' room.

We drove all night to arrive early in the morning it was around 5:30 / 6 am when we checked in. We had the nicest guys helping at check in and I think they upgraded us as a surprise or because they liked us. When we got the room text we didn't know it was pool side and by the time we figured it out we were just tired/ wanted a nap and didn't care. The pool quieted down by 11 each night (except the last one). I"m not one to move during a visit but I did tell dh the first night that next trip we're going to specifically ask for a 'quiet' room.

• January 2008 - POP
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #1301
Beth521
Earning My Ears

fridge?

Im going there in July and in reading posts- do all rooms have fridges now?
Beth521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #1302
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

Touchdown

My family is in the beginning stages of planning a trip in May of 2013 . My first question isn't really pertinent to this thread but has anybody gone in Mid-May, during the teens? Is it busy?

Second (real) question: We have stayed in ASSP probably 6 or 7 times during my life and have never stayed in Touchdown. The first few times we didn't choose preferred and ended up in Baseball. Since then we have gone preferred just so we are closer to the food court and bus stop. Is there a trick to getting a room in Touchdown?

It seems like some of the rooms there are closer than the Surf's Up rooms for a few less dollars. We have requested Touchdown in our reservation before but to no avail. Is this all we can do?

jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #1303
Beth521
Earning My Ears

fridges

I just got word from an online Disney rep by the end of the week ALL rooms will have dorm size fridges! yahoo!
Beth521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #1304
elfew
Earning My Ears

Privacy curtains?

Do the rooms have privacy curtains?
elfew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #1305
FancyNancy
Princess

I am poolside at Sports right now. The wifi works better out here. Its kind of touch and go in the rooms. I am in surfs up and there are refridgerators but no privacy curtains. The first two nights there were cheerleaders here and I literally wanted to kil them. They were soooooo obnoxious. Seriously cheering at the top of their lungs outside the rooms until like 1:30 in the morning. Since they left though everything has been pretty nice and quiet. The resort is beautiful as always and the staff are all wonderful!

FancyNancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: