Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #1171
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Does anyone know off the top of their head what the current rate is for a roll-a-way bed?

Thanks!

Gina
Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #1172
flea1267
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking it's like $15/night

flea1267 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #1173
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Does anyone know off the top of their head what the current rate is for a roll-a-way bed?

Thanks!

Gina
It is $15 per night. Call housekeeping to request since you cannot reserve in advance.

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #1174
scoop
Earning My Ears

How is wireless internet in sports? Once paid for can you get it throughout resort or only in room?
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 AM   #1175
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop View Post
How is wireless internet in sports? Once paid for can you get it throughout resort or only in room?
Wireless internet...at ASSp? When did that start?
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 10:27 AM   #1176
scoop
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Wireless internet...at ASSp? When did that start?
A quick google search mentioned this in the first link. However, further investigation shows you are right - doesnt appear to be any wireless.
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:26 AM   #1177
MickMan
DIS Veteran

That would be a big move if they did have wireless.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:05 AM   #1178
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Just back from another great stay at the AsSp. We didn't request any particular building. We were in a non-preferred room in building 7 Touchdown on the 3rd floor, corner room with view of the Homerun pool.

Construction on the football field looked to be nearing completion. Grass was being replaced all around the Homerun pool.

The hotel was bustling with tons of high school sport/cheer teams but they were very well behaved.

BIG TANTRUMS going on in foodcourt re: the new mug policy. I saw several families walk in with old mugs from previous trips and then get really upset when they no longer worked.
The system has some kinks that definitely need to be worked out. Lot's of grumpy guests!

We had a great time and feel like we are home when we are at the Sports.

Gina
Old 09-04-2011, 01:51 AM   #1179
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

I wonder if Disney will stick it out with the new machines or give up on the mess it makes. I would think it would make for loss of some guests as well as some CM's if there are tantrums going on.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:11 AM   #1180
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I wonder if Disney will stick it out with the new machines or give up on the mess it makes. I would think it would make for loss of some guests as well as some CM's if there are tantrums going on.
Only time will tell.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:26 PM   #1181
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i'll be at Sports next week for 8 days.

buying a new mug but curious on how the new system will be working then.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:49 AM   #1182
Karl66
Mouseketeer

Just back from 6 nights at ASSp. The hotel itself was very nice, clean and comfortable. Our room was in Building 4, tennis theme, with a nice view of the parking lot. Out room was ready upon our arrival at 1230.The staff was very curtious and helpful. The pool staff was great, especially Stacy who ran the game activities there. For the money I suppose it was about what I expected and as this was our second trip to WDW in three months I liked that it was cheaper than the moderate we stayed at in June. I guess what really turned me off of ASSp was the rudeness of some of the other guests. I am a smoker and as such I always try to respect those who don't. I will make the walk to a DSA rain or shine. Others there didn't seem to find this necessary. I saw several folks walking the property and smoking or smoking on the balcony outside their rooms and I found an empty beer bottle with a cigarette butt in it on my way to the DSA one morning. Also, several guests thought it unnecessary to put on proper attire when they did go to the DSA. Pajama bottoms and no shirt or shoes? Really? Come on people! The resturant seemed to always be crowded so we only ate there once. The food was good though. We would venture out to other resorts to try the food there and were quite impressed. POFQ, CSR and PR were much less crowded and the food was good and plentiful. Bus service to the parks was great. We never waited more than five minutes however coming home they were always SRO. Thankfully there was always a gentleman willing to give up their seat so DW and DD could sit. Probably won't stay here again unless I'm on a tight budget but only because of the other guests.

1976,1977,1979.1982,2011 CSR/ASSP, 2012 CSR, 2013 POR, 2014 POP
Karl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #1183
dtstampz
Mouseketeer

I just returned from a stay at Disney, and spent my first 2 nights at All Star Sports before moving to the Coronado Springs Resort.
It was my first stay at a Value Resort, and I was pleasantly surprised! The Cast Members were SO friendly & welcoming. I had a very nice room on the ground floor in Center Court, facing the landscaping. I did not eat at the food court. I found the bus system worked fine for my needs as well. The only thing I really don't like about the Value Resorts is not having an in-room coffee maker. I brought my own mini coffee maker, so that solved that issue.
While I really prefer the Coronado Springs resort, I was glad I added 2 days onto the beginning of my trip so I could try All Stars. I would stay there again!
Sept. 2013 CSR **May 2014 CSR**

No new trip planned...so sad!
dtstampz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #1184
jodgaff
Earning My Ears

Quieter area?

We will be staying at the AsSp Feb. 19-26 for the Princess Half Marathon and bringing all 6 kids with us. We will be in adjoining (hopefully) rooms and I was just wondering what the buildings and areas are where it would be quieter, as we will have a 6 mo old and a 2 year old who still need to nap during the day and we will all need sleep during the night!

What are your suggestions?
jodgaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:55 AM   #1185
SlightlyGoofy
I shall be forced to take you on an endless tour
I know where some of your favorite spots are

Our first trip

Hi y'all, this will be our first trip, well as Florida residents.

We will be there from November 27th for ten days. No sense in booking our usual 2 weeks as we will be returning in January and several other times next year.

I am just loving the shorter commute as opposed to the two day trek I used to have to make.

jodgaff, you all will be so worn out that maybe noise will not be a big problem but I might suggest that you ask for a back side room away from the football field and the pool. Not a good view but really how much time are you going to spend looking out the windows?

Macraven, if the dining plan still gives us a new mug we will be using it but what I am going to do with my 'lifetime' mugs now? Lucky for us the mugs are never a big deal anyway. Please let us know how the system goes. I trust reports from folks I 'know'. Thanks.

Slightly Goofy

We just moved to our Happy Place
All Star Sports is our second home!!
SlightlyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: