Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #1141
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-rella View Post
We stayed at *** from June 6-13 and it was wonderful. We were in the Touchdown building and my son ran the football field every morning on our way to the buses. It was a special memory we will always have. If it wasn't for free dining we would have stayed at POP. I am so glad we stayed at ***!
Use ASSp so it doesn't show up as ***.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #1142
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Just wanted to add that we just had our first stay at SPorts and loved it! CM's are great...checked in and room was ready...great location and view for Preferred so I was happy we did preferred!
Was not crowded and DD5 enjoyed herself! Would definately stay here again!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
DisneyBride'03 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2011, 10:10 AM   #1143
Cindy-rella
Mouseketeer

Sorry didn't even notice when I was posting. ASSP is much better.

DH :Me DD10 DS8
2007 - Fort Wilderness Campground
2009 - All Star Movie
2011 All Star Sports

Cindy-rella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:04 AM   #1144
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy-rella View Post
Sorry didn't even notice when I was posting. ASSP is much better.
Adding that last letter makes a HUGE difference. It is kind of funny..

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:32 AM   #1145
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBride'03 View Post
Just wanted to add that we just had our first stay at SPorts and loved it! CM's are great...checked in and room was ready...great location and view for Preferred so I was happy we did preferred!
Was not crowded and DD5 enjoyed herself! Would definately stay here again!
Nice huh? I really liked ASSP too. It's nice to see that another deluxe gal like me liked Sports as much as I did

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #1146
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

I'm positive this has probably been mentioned somewhere on this thread but quite honestly I don't have time to read it all right now. Is there a microwave in the food court area available for anyone's use? I'm traveling with a 13-month-old and would need one to warm up certain food items for him. Thanks!
punkin413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 04:25 PM   #1147
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
I'm positive this has probably been mentioned somewhere on this thread but quite honestly I don't have time to read it all right now. Is there a microwave in the food court area available for anyone's use? I'm traveling with a 13-month-old and would need one to warm up certain food items for him. Thanks!
Yes there is right on the counter outside the pizza window near the drink dispensers.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:28 PM   #1148
meribell01
Earning My Ears

New to the boards...taking our 1 and 3 year olds on their first trip to Disney at the end of September! I didn't really have a preference to which value we stayed in, but ASSP was available, so we're staying there! Because of our small children, we would love to find the best place to stay where they won't be woken by loud noises outside...I read that the backside of the buildings are the quietest? If any of you have suggestions on where we should request to stay, I would love to hear them! Also, do many sports teams visit that time of year?
meribell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #1149
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meribell01 View Post
New to the boards...taking our 1 and 3 year olds on their first trip to Disney at the end of September! I didn't really have a preference to which value we stayed in, but ASSP was available, so we're staying there! Because of our small children, we would love to find the best place to stay where they won't be woken by loud noises outside...I read that the backside of the buildings are the quietest? If any of you have suggestions on where we should request to stay, I would love to hear them! Also, do many sports teams visit that time of year?
I don't believe there are any sports teams that time of year. I would request a quiet room perhaps in the touchdown section, you will be close to the food courts and main buildings, bus stop included. I think you will have a wonderful time at AS Sports. There is a mini pool on the other side of the main pool at surf's up that you can take your kids to.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #1150
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

How awful is it that I'm still trying to figure out a way to rent out our upcoming DVC stay in a one bedroom so I can stay at Sports again!

I guess I'll just have to plan another solo trip...

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:36 PM   #1151
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

if you want real quiet, ask for a room on the opposite side of the football field.
(not facing the field but the backside of the building.)

i have had rooms on the other side before and it was very quiet.

you'll like sports.

sports rule.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #1152
meribell01
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the suggestions! We're so excited, and these suggestions/pointers will help!!!!
meribell01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #1153
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Just a thought about the backside of the touchdown building is that building 10 on the North side does have the garbage cans and pickup that can be loud during the day. Just something to keep in mind if that would bother you then you might want to request the opposite building.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:12 PM   #1154
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
Just a thought about the backside of the touchdown building is that building 10 on the North side does have the garbage cans and pickup that can be loud during the day. Just something to keep in mind if that would bother you then you might want to request the opposite building.
i have stayed at that section before and it wasn't a problem during the day.

you will hear them coming and going around 8 in the morning to about 10ish in the day. it wasn't garbage trucks but supply trucks that i saw.

i had the third room around from the end corner nearest the food court.

perfect location for me.

very little foot traffic there.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:59 AM   #1155
DJT
DIS Veteran

My DSis and I stayed in the football building closest to the food court a few years ago. We were on the "outside" of that building. All night long supply trucks came in to restock. That meant they did a lot of backing up - and you know that irritating sound of a truck backing up! We didn't get much sleep.

Donna
DJT is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: