Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #1111
MickMan
DIS Veteran

I also prefer the size of All Star Sports over the more spread out resorts.....

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #1112
SplashMom
I have a whole new perspective on life!
We are all Disney fanatics

We are planning a trip for August and we are taking DD and her friend with us (both are 21). We have stayed onsite every trip and this time I really wanted more space, really another bathroom with two girls, lol. Of course, price is always an issue because our travel costs are quite high already.

I had booked a two bedroom suite offsite and was trying to be excited because it was a great price. Yesterday, I checked the new discount and I can get two rooms at a Value for less than offsite!!! I am so thrilled to be onsite once again! We usually stay at Pop if we are staying Value but it wasn't available. We are booked in AS Sports and it looks great.

The food court and merchandise store look smaller than Pop and I'm just looking for a little feedback. Will we be disappointed? The rooms look exactly the same so that is fine. I have heard that many groups stay there, but since we will be there in mid-August, I am hoping that there won't be school groups so is it safe from most groups at this time of year? Since there are only two pools, are they crazy busy all the time? I'm sure we will like it but I am just wondering if I should keep trying to get Pop or be happy to try something new. Thanks!!
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
SplashMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #1113
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplashMom View Post
We are planning a trip for August and we are taking DD and her friend with us (both are 21). We have stayed onsite every trip and this time I really wanted more space, really another bathroom with two girls, lol. Of course, price is always an issue because our travel costs are quite high already.

I had booked a two bedroom suite offsite and was trying to be excited because it was a great price. Yesterday, I checked the new discount and I can get two rooms at a Value for less than offsite!!! I am so thrilled to be onsite once again! We usually stay at Pop if we are staying Value but it wasn't available. We are booked in AS Sports and it looks great.

The food court and merchandise store look smaller than Pop and I'm just looking for a little feedback. Will we be disappointed? The rooms look exactly the same so that is fine. I have heard that many groups stay there, but since we will be there in mid-August, I am hoping that there won't be school groups so is it safe from most groups at this time of year? Since there are only two pools, are they crazy busy all the time? I'm sure we will like it but I am just wondering if I should keep trying to get Pop or be happy to try something new. Thanks!!
We had to change our trip dates in '09, and couldn't get into Pop. So we ended up at AS sports, and liked it just fine.
We still prefer Pop, probably because it was our first value, but the rooms were the same, and our location, right on the football field, was closer to the food court than we've ever been at Pop.
There were NOISY sports groups during our visit, but it was only a problem one night, probably because it was a very rainy week (mixed blessing there!)
I bet you will like it!
DisneyMom5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #1114
SplashMom

Anyone know if there are frozen cokes in the refillable drink section?
April/May 2007 Pop Century / March 2008 POR / April/May 2009 Caribbean Beach / March 2010 POFQ / August 2010 Pop Century / February 2011 Port Orleans Riverside / February 2012 Port Orleans Riverside / March 2013 AKL Kidani Village and our first cruise on the Disney Dream / May 2013 Aulani...Paradise!/ March 2014 Dream Cruise...Bay Lake Tower/ March 2015 Beach Club and Western Caribbean Cruise!!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:02 PM   #1115
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Anyone know if there are frozen cokes in the refillable drink section?
no frozen cokes.

someone posted months ago that the frozen coke machine at pop was removed.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM   #1116
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
I also prefer the size of All Star Sports over the more spread out resorts.....
Add me to that list! I definitely preferred it to POP and to the mods. The size is just right.

Quote:
I checked the new discount and I can get two rooms at a Value for less than offsite!!! I am so thrilled to be onsite once again! We usually stay at Pop if we are staying Value but it wasn't available. We are booked in AS Sports and it looks great.

The food court and the store are smaller than the ones at POP. I prefer POP's store, but not the food court. The food court was very clean and the the food was very fresh. I was really impressed with their salad - nice crisp lettuce, not all soggy and wilted.

The resort is smaller than POP, and when there are sports groups there it can get busy at night at the pool. But during the day the teams are all out so there aren't a factor at the resort. Also, Music is a short walk across the parking lot, and the piano pool is very close in case AsSpo's pool is full of kids.

I didn't have a problem at all with the sports teams where I was there during Spring Break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
no frozen cokes.

someone posted months ago that the frozen coke machine at pop was removed.

You are so correct - it has been.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 PM   #1117
SplashMom

Thanks for the info!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:03 PM   #1118
susieb16
Mouseketeer

Just booked ASSpo for ESPN weekend. I haven't stayed there in many years but I loved it so I am very excited to go back!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #1119
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieb16 View Post
Just booked ASSpo for ESPN weekend. I haven't stayed there in many years but I loved it so I am very excited to go back!
Enjoy!

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #1120
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
Iím a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

i hope you love the allstar sports as much as i do !!

it has become my 'home away from home' place.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #1121
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Does AS Sports have privacy curtains in the bathroom area?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:40 AM   #1122
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by susieb16 View Post
We were thinking about going to ESPN the Weekend in 2012. Could you tell me the dates? We have stayed at Sports several times and we love it!
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #1123
KarlaG4Kids
I LOVE to travel
Two votes from our house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixiedust34 View Post
Does AS Sports have privacy curtains in the bathroom area?
No they don't, but it would be nice.
05/12/14 35th Anniversary trip12/2/13 Christmas fun5/18/13 Fantasy Cruise w/whole family! 5/1/12 Our WDW trip with Abby & Cameron & DREAM cruise w/entire family!05/07/11 Grosdidier WDW & Dream 01/06/10 Marathon trip w C&C 09/12/09 01/28/09 DL 1st trip 09/20/08 01/11/08 08/26/07 12/11/06 09/25/06 01/11/06 02/2005 09/2004 12/2002 05/2002 01/2001 03/1999 01/1997 03/17/1995 - FT Wilderness, The trip that began it all! Each time I arrive at WDW I know that I am HOME! A vacation is one of the best investments in your family!
KarlaG4Kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #1124
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaG4Kids View Post
No they don't, but it would be nice.
Thanks! I wish curtains would have added when they rehabbed the rooms.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #1125
susieb16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYNY View Post
We were thinking about going to ESPN the Weekend in 2012. Could you tell me the dates? We have stayed at Sports several times and we love it!
The dates are Mar 1 - 4. Put my deposit down today...so excited!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: