Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2011, 01:44 PM   #1096
kaffinito
Grant me the Serenity to Accept the Reservations I Cannot Change
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

[QUOTE=lustergirl;40717676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffinito View Post

Kaffinito: I see you are going on a solo trip, enjoy yourselves immensely. I love my solo trips
Thank you!

I hardly wait until I go - I'm really stoked about staying as AsSpo too.

kaffinito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #1097
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=kaffinito;40718072]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post

Thank you!

I hardly wait until I go - I'm really stoked about staying as AsSpo too.
Try the chicken fajita at the food court. They have great food and alot of choice as well.
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1098
kaffinito
Lock yourself in there for a few minutes and sing a happy song until the angry gerbils in your head stop stomping on your brain!

[QUOTE=lustergirl;40718177]
Quote:

Try the chicken fajita at the food court. They have great food and alot of choice as well.
Thanks for the tip!

I also managed to pick up a small floaty thingy for the pool late late at night.

Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 PM   #1099
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

[QUOTE=angwill;40656998]
Quote:
I won't do it during the day, just late at night when the pool is empty and it's quiet.

I know there are a lot of rules during the day, I just wanted some quiet peaceful floaty time. [/QUO

I just got the vision of you floating out there and falling asleep. When we go the lifeguards go home at 11pm and the pool closes at midnight but people still swim after then.
Ang, I had the same vision of Karen floating off to sleep!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #1100
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=kaffinito;40718470]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post

Thanks for the tip!

I also managed to pick up a small floaty thingy for the pool late late at night.
Don't worry, someone will wake you come morning time
Old 04-13-2011, 03:44 PM   #1101
kaffinito

Old 04-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #1102
MickMan
DIS Veteran

Let us know how the floaty thing goes for you....

MickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #1103
kaffinito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
Let us know how the floaty thing goes for you....
The floaty thing was not a "go" this trip. The pool was busy until 3:00am.

I did love it there though. I thought it was a great place to stay, and I definitely liked it a lot more than POP. It has a lot of greenery, which I love, and also has the best chicken Caesar salad on property.

What a cool place to stay! I am now officially a "Sports" convert.

My kids are not too thrilled by the prospect of staying at Sports in the future instead of staying at some CL resort - but I think they'll get over it.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #1104
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

Newbie question

First stay at AS Sports..... honestly not thrilled with the idea, but the rate was the least expensive. It is just DD and myself and we are not sports fans at all, but DD is a swimmer, so we would like to stay in the Surf area (DD was happy to see the fish on the balconies!). Any suggestions for a room request? Won't be using the Disney buses, so we don't need to be real close to the bus stop. Probably won't eat at the Food court much either. What should we request?? Thanks in advance....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 12:30 PM   #1105
DISNEYNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
First stay at AS Sports..... honestly not thrilled with the idea, but the rate was the least expensive. It is just DD and myself and we are not sports fans at all, but DD is a swimmer, so we would like to stay in the Surf area (DD was happy to see the fish on the balconies!). Any suggestions for a room request? Won't be using the Disney buses, so we don't need to be real close to the bus stop. Probably won't eat at the Food court much either. What should we request?? Thanks in advance....................P
If you want to stay in the Surf area you will have to pay extra - Surfs Up is the preferred section. The Football section is the next closest, you can request a section, but there is no guarantee - unless you pay for preferred.
2000 & 01 OFF SITE, 02 ASSP, 03 ASMU, 04 POP, 05 POR, 06 ASMO, 07 ASMU AND SSR, 08 POP,Dec 08 ASSP , Aug 09 CBR & ASSP , Dec 09 POP Feb 10 ESPN wknd, Aug 10 AKL-ASMU Free dining, POR Dec 10 FDP Disneyland July 11

DISNEYNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 01:21 PM   #1106
pjlla
<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYNY View Post
If you want to stay in the Surf area you will have to pay extra - Surfs Up is the preferred section. The Football section is the next closest, you can request a section, but there is no guarantee - unless you pay for preferred.
Thanks for the reply. I just called and made a request for particular section of "Surf's Up" and she told me no problem.... not guaranteed, of course, but she didn't think it would be an issue. Honestly..... I'll just be happy to be there and I appreciate that they are willing to at least consider my request without insisting that I pay the premium.

Six days and counting!.....................P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
Old 04-29-2011, 01:44 PM   #1107
kaffinito

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
Thanks for the reply. I just called and made a request for particular section of "Surf's Up" and she told me no problem.... not guaranteed, of course, but she didn't think it would be an issue. Honestly..... I'll just be happy to be there and I appreciate that they are willing to at least consider my request without insisting that I pay the premium.

Six days and counting!.....................P
The themeing at Surf's Up is really nice looking. There are a lot of trees and landscaping around the resort too - it looks very green. If you do happen to go to the food court, the food there is very good and very fresh. I liked it better than Poly's food court.

Enjoy your stay!

Old 05-02-2011, 03:45 PM   #1108
pjlla
<><

Quote:
The themeing at Surf's Up is really nice looking. There are a lot of trees and landscaping around the resort too - it looks very green. If you do happen to go to the food court, the food there is very good and very fresh. I liked it better than Poly's food court.

Enjoy your stay!
Thanks. I liked the food at the Pop food court, so I kind of figured this would be similar. But we are doing a four day "commando" trip..... breakfast in the room, lunch and dinner in the parks most days. Might hit the food court for an evening snack, but won't be around much more than that. But thanks for the heads up........................P

Old 05-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #1109
hotblooded
Mouseketeer

I'll likely be staying at Sports for my Marathon Weekend trip. The first time I stayed at Pop Century, it was so wonderful I was sure I'd return for every budget trip in the future. The second time burst my bubble: there were small, black insects all over the tub on the first night, and I tried washing them down the drain, but the bugs came back after each shower. Very disappointing, because hot baths after a long park day are one of the things I look forward to most when I'm on vacation. I called the front desk to see if the tub could be sprayed with insect killer (even after I left), but there didn't seem to be anything they could do.

So after that experience, I'm ready for a change. ASSp fits in with the theme of my trip, and the reviews I've read so far have been positive. As a whole I've found Disney hotels to be very clean and well-maintained, so I hope that time was just a fluke.
February 2001 - Holiday Inn Family Suites ... July 2004 - Polynesian ... June 2010 - Pop Century ... January 2011 - Pop Century ... January 2012 - Yacht Club & WDW Half-Marathon ... September 2012 - All-Star Sports & ToT 10-Miler ... January 2013 - Art of Animation & WDW Half-Marathon ... January 2014 - Coronado Springs & WDW Half-Marathon ... [COLOR=SeaGreen"]Next: August 2014 - Disneyland Half-Marathon [/COLOR]
hotblooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:44 AM   #1110
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotblooded View Post
I'll likely be staying at Sports for my Marathon Weekend trip. The first time I stayed at Pop Century, it was so wonderful I was sure I'd return for every budget trip in the future. The second time burst my bubble: there were small, black insects all over the tub on the first night, and I tried washing them down the drain, but the bugs came back after each shower. Very disappointing, because hot baths after a long park day are one of the things I look forward to most when I'm on vacation. I called the front desk to see if the tub could be sprayed with insect killer (even after I left), but there didn't seem to be anything they could do.

So after that experience, I'm ready for a change. ASSp fits in with the theme of my trip, and the reviews I've read so far have been positive. As a whole I've found Disney hotels to be very clean and well-maintained, so I hope that time was just a fluke.
I prefer AS Sports over POP anyday because of the size of the two resorts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: